Swords, Sex and Sorcery (IC thread)

Nizzre

< “I mean you,”> The tone came swiftly, retorting with a venomous fierceness that came all too easy with the language. She was use to others groveling before her, literally leaping out of her way as she approached. Yet as she peered at this dark stranger she found no hint of fear or apprehension in his gaze or demeanor. That in itself brought reality crashing back down about the drowess as quickly as a slap to the face would. While most of her face was hidden underneath goggles and cowl it was not hard to see the way her lips pursed so. This was another world, another life. With a sigh she shook her head and reached for her own goggles, drawing them back from her crimson gaze to get a better look at the man she was speaking too. That subtle movement was enough to catch the light upon those faint scars lining her arms, they almost appeared silvery in their coloration.

< “I apologize,” > She began brokenly, as if her lips could not remember how to form the words. Slender brows furrowed above those almost luminescent, almond shape orbs as they regarded the man before her. < “I’m use to sticking things with the pointy end of my sword than talking to them.” > She admitted more easily than trying to apologize, one hand coming to rest upon the elongated and slender pommel of her sword.
 
The scars on her arms looked strange, though he supposed it made sense with her skin being different, with skin like his he was used to unusual scars, he had just never seen one of them with any. The few Drow he had seen during his childhood normally had flawless skin which they would delight in showing off, not such a bad thing on its own, but the part where they punished anyone slow enough to be caught looking was a different matter. At least she didn’t seem to share that last part with them either.

<”Now there's a sentiment I can share”> he said, tapping the handle of his own blade lashed to his back under his back pack and completely skipping over the fact that she had apologized, in his experience it was best not to remind some people that they had done that <”action has always been easier than talking for me, more effective too.”> He smiled, he had associated with all kinds in his time, but even he had a moment of second thought before he continued <”you hungry?”> he asked, scratching his stomach with his off hand <”because I can smell some recently baked goods and its making me ravenous.”>
 
Nizzre’s eyes flashed quickly to the handle of the man’s sword, taking in what she could with an appraising eye for a brief moment. Her lips twitched slightly, as if they had meant to smile yet simply did not know how to, or didn’t want to. She offered a nod nonetheless as he smiled, one hand raising to draw back her hood further and shake a few wild strands of gleaming platinum from her beautiful visage. She hadn’t thought of food until he mentioned it and although she rarely felt the need to eat she knew that her body would require such regardless.

< “Well since I kept you from your freshly baked goods I insist on buying you one.” > She said evenly, though it was obviously not a question as much as a statement. With a shrug of her slender shoulders she brushed back her cloak and revealed the svelte, tempting frame underneath, her armor a flimsy shirt of fine chain links that gleamed in the sunlight. With a confident strike she followed her nose towards the scent of baking bread. She peered at the booths and tables curious, her brow scrunching up as she took in it all.

< “How can you tell what is what?” > She muttered almost disgustedly at the curious food that most would find down right mouthwatering.
 
She may not have the flawless skin, but the more he saw of her the more she looked to share the effortless beauty her kind had, he always liked the way their hair colour shimmered in the light, so much so that he didn’t bother sliding his goggles back down to deal with the light as he followed along beside her, looking out of the corner of his eye at her every now and again. Partly because of the obvious, she was stunningly attractive from what he could see, but also because he still didn’t entirely trust her, he may have gotten over his feelings about the Drow, but they did have a racial tendency to scheme and plot.

<”Its not so much what as which that I try to look for”> he said, not taking the time to explain the cryptic statement, instead walking up to the nearest assortment of snacks he could find and hovering his hand over each one. <”But in my experience, the more garishly coloured or shiny it is, the sweeter it is, the puffier it looks, the more air it has in it”> he grinned and picked one up, a puffy swirl of slightly yellowish bread with a dusting of confectioners sugar <”I don’t care what it is, just which is freshest, the warmer it is, the fresher it is.”>

He turned to the stall keeper who had been eying the two oddly speaking foreigners and switched back to speaking Common “how much for the sweetrolls?” he asked, the stall keeper looked at the roll and replied that it was 5 silver, or 6 gold for a bakers dozen.
 
Nizzre cast the man a causal glance now and then. Things were different on the surface she had come to know, but old habits died hard. Though if she had malicious thoughts for the tiefling she hide such rather skillfully. She peered at the breads and pastries as if they were severed heads.

< “You stick that in your mouth?” > She retorted with more disgust, a look of disbelief upon her face. Perhaps it was a bit much, though she was still trying to get use to surface foods. It was after all, a great leap from what she was accustomed to. They didn’t have fields of grain in the underdark. Regardless of her protest he seemed to find something suitable for his tastes, and oddly twisted thing crowned with white. Slender, upswept ears almost seemed to twitch as the stall keeper spoke his price. Without so much as a twitch of those plush lips did Nizzre reach into her small pouch at her hip and withdraw 6 gleaming golden coins. She took a step forward and slammed them onto the table with a great thud, yet as her hand withdrew they were in a precise and neat pile.

“We will take that. The dozen. Without the baker. I don’t need a slave;” She retorted sharply in the common tongue, though it was as thick as her first comment to the tiefling and was near indecipherable at certain points. “Now!” She balked as she saw the man staring at them, her slender brows furrowing sharply in displeasure.
 
"Don't worry, I never forget a readhead," Scully answered to Kat's joke with a suggestive smile.

He listened in on the conversation, noting everyone's reasons for being there. An interesting group to say the least. An innocent elven girl, a sultry catfolk, a boisterous warrior, and what appeared to be some kind of knight. When their eyes turned to Scully awaiting his story, he decided to make one up on the spot. There was no way he was letting them in on the fact that he was fleeing for his life.

"Well to make a long story short, my woman left me for another man, took most of our coffers with her and started spreading rumors that I had... well, let's just say that she burned a few bridges for me. When word came in of this voyage, I thought it a chance to start with a clean slate." They had gotten into a less crowded space in an open square in the commercial district so he took advantage of the space and with a flair he twirled in place and produced all four of his daggers, which he began juggling. "The nice thing about being a street performer is that I can live literally anywhere there are streets." He finished off by holding all four daggers by the points between his knuckles and giving a quick bow.

A few passersby applauded, but seeing no hat to toss coin in went on their way. It was unconscious on his part, but any seasoned warrior would be able to tell from the way Scully handled his daggers that he knew his way around a fight. He slipped two of the blades back into his boots, one at his hip, and finally the ornate silver dagger with "Katerina" engraved on the blade he gave a kiss, twirled it between his fingers, and returned it the sheath at his hip. "What can I say? I've always been good with my hands."
 
Last edited:
Zell almost had to laugh at the way she was reacting to the simple unknown that was bread, he didnt remember being quite so adamant against new foods when he first came to the surface, though the best food he had gotten down there was the occasional mushroom and fish broth, so he was rather eager to eat actual food.

The shopkeeper didn’t quite understand what she said, but he was pretty sure she had asked for a dozen before she said something about slaves, was she calling him one? He couldn’t tell, all he knew is she said a dozen and gave payment for that amount, so that’s what he gave her, quickly dipping his head in to the window and calling out the order to the worker inside.

<”You haven’t been up here long have you?”> Zell asked, a smirk on his face <”the important thing to remember is just because you don’t understand something, it doesn’t mean they're insane idiots, they are idiots, and often insane, but its usually for a different reason.”> He took the small sack of sweetrolls and quickly pulled one out, taking a much anticipated bite, a smile on his face as he savored it, it was fresh.

<”You should try one”> he said, offering the bag to her <”they're really quite nice.”>
 
Nizzre wrinkled her nose in disgusted before releasing a snort. Her arms folded over her chest, the links of her shirt clinking softly together with the movements. Her eyes darted to and fro, constantly on the move as if to inspect her surroundings at all times. It was far from a nervous or paranoid maneuver but one of habit. Her gaze fell upon him all too quickly though as he laughed and stated his opinion.

< “What makes you say that?” > She retorted easily as they waited, her lips twitching once more in that peculiar kind of way she had. < “I’ll reserve my judgement on their sanity and intelligence until they proof otherwise.” >

Before she could react the tiefling had the bag within his hands and was busily drawing one of the off breads out. He latched onto it like a starving animal and savored the taste. The smile seemed genuine enough for Nizzre’s taste, though she cast a glance back at the booth with a slight sneer.

< “Not in front of them,” > She muttered and threw her head back with a huff. Quickly and gracefully she made her way from the gathering crowds by the stalls and into the pleasant enough shade of some nearby trees. Only then did she reach for the bag and with delicate and sure fingers withdraw one of the sweetrolls. She held it between her fingers at an odd angle, as if unsure how to truly hold it. In the shade her eyes opened wider, and the hard angles of that beautiful visage softened slightly as she took in the treat. Nizzre glanced up from her hand towards him once more, watching the way he bit into the thing. With a sigh she brought it to her lips and bit down daintily, barring her teeth as if she truly wasn’t sure about this. Her bite was small enough, though she drew it into her mouth and chewed throughly. Her brow furrowed above those crimson orbs for a brief moment, the look on her face one of contemplation, as if she wasn’t entirely sure. Yet just as quickly they arched slightly and she took another, larger, bite and gnawed upon it eagerly.

< “So this is what happiness tastes like,” > She commented between bites, stuffing another mouthful in before chomping down heartily.
 
Zell followed along behind her, but he had his priorities straight, he had a sweetroll, he may have paused for talking, but walking didn’t require his mouth or a great deal of concentration, so he remained focused on the sweetroll. It wasn’t until they were actually in the shade that he realized that was their destination, a fact that he welcomed happily, he hadn’t put his goggle back on since they had bumped in to each other and the light had been irritating him.

He watched out of the corner of his eye when she slowly tried eating, the only way he could describe it was adorable, back at her home she was some all powerful woman in charge of everything, but here the simplicities of a light snack eluded her. He probably would have laughed again if he hadn’t been through it before, people laughing wasn’t something that was going to help the process, in his experience it either made you not want to do it, or just make you think you're doing it wrong.

<”Sounds like you have a bit of a sweet tooth”> he mused as she started to eagerly devour the sweetroll, his own was finished, so he got himself another <”I occasionally get a craving for mushroom sauce, but with that exception I miss nothing from Underdark cuisine.”>
 
If she was making any adorable faces, well, Nizzre wasn’t aware of it. She consumed the sweetroll like a dog gnawing on a bone. She had had sweet things in her time though this was something all to itself. She understood now why she saw so many humans walking around with fat bellies and jiggling rolls. If she stuffed her face full of these delicious things daily no doubt she would swell up as well. The very thought caused those lips to twitch once more, flecked with white powder, she almost seemed to smile for a brief moment. Her fingers felt sticky and thus she popped the tip of her index finger into her mouth for the briefest of moments. Her gaze finally seemed to settle upon the tiefling as he spoke, though the harshness that had been there previously seemed all but gone. The mention of the underdark brought all too many familiar images to her mind’s eye. With a shake of her head and force of will she banished such thoughts, another furious snort was released before she simply reached into the bag and plucked another roll from within. She held it delicately again, though this time she ate it perhaps without so much haste.

< “I miss the wine.” > She finally retorted between bites. The moments were few and far between when Nizzre could say she let herself relax. Most people wouldn’t consider standing in the shade eating a sweet roll eyeing a tiefling relaxing but then against most weren’t Nizzre. In that moment it suddenly dawned upon her that she didn’t even know this man’s name.

< “I never caught you name. I’m Nizzre of the House Teken’duis-” > She caught herself after the name, her brow twitching and a bitter sort of laugh came from her throat. < “Formerly I suppose I should say. Just Nizzre should suffice now, hm?” > She asked the question, though perhaps more to herself than the tiefling.
 
Soon the small group of unusual companions had reached the front of the line at the map-vendor.

"Right, my friends." he announced jovially, meeting the gaze of each of the others in turn. "Friends we may be now but are we already so commited to staying together? For if you have any doubts, you may wish to buy maps and guide of your own!"

With that, he turned to the vendor, and grinned down at the man amiably.

"Well met, hale fellow!" he proclaimed. "A map of this fine city, a guidebook as well, and a recommendation as to where I and my friends might find an excellent but affordable meal, if you will!"

The vendor was good enough to mark the location of the eatery on the map, as Tarik counted out the required amount of coinage. He waited, slightly impatiently but keeping his good humour, as the others decided whether or not to buy, and then led the way to the place marked.

"The Everful Flagon!" he boomed excitedly, pointing at the sign. "A fine idea, and a fine name for a Tavern! But wait, this is no mere tavern, but an inn, it seems! A good place to stay until we have found our hooves - or feet - in this marvellous city! Let us go sample their vittles and see if the map-vendor told us the truth!"

He pulled the door open wide and gestured for his 4 companions to enter, following them inside and pulling the door shut behind him.
 
Lexy let out a gasp, her free hand covering her mouth as she tried to stifle it. She looked at Kat and giggled as her cheeks burned red. Her gaze returned to the others as they spoke in turn, slipping her hand down between them and returning the favour, her fingertips tracing the curves in her bodysuit before giving her ass a small but firm squeeze. She kept her expression straight as she nodded along to the conversation. Her heart pounded in her chest, Kat was just bringing out the naughty in her.

She stpped up and slipped a few coins to the vendor and took a map herself, just incase they got split up or she wanted to slip away for awhile. She stored it with her documents in her backpack.

She laughed along to Tarik, whose joyful exclamation of everything seemed to make her giggle like a little girl everytime.

The tavern seemed well kept, so she approved, not that she'd been in many prefering to find her meals herself. She skipped ahead to select a larger table by a window, taking a seat so she could spy out at the passers by.
 
If Kat was surprised by the delicate elven hand upon her backside, her expression did not give such away. Her ears twitched lightly, the one closest to Lexy perking in her direction as she offered a sly grin nonetheless. There was no denying the flush of color to Lexy’s cheeks or the rather girlish giggle that came forth either. Yet Kat did not speak a word of if, she just kept that knowing smile and followed along behind Tarik. As they came to the front of the line Kat withdrew the coins from her own purse and placed them upon the table and collected her own map. While they were all set to experience the sights of the city together, one never knew what the next day would bring. She hurriedly stuffed the folded map into her pack and turned her attentions back to the group as a whole.

“Well I’m ready...and starving,” She commented in her soft, musical tone. As she moved on her tail snaked out and coiled itself back around Lexy’s slender waist only to offer a playful tug before the catfolk fell in line beside her. As they approached the tavern she offered a silent nod of approval, her tail twitching away as Lexy darted away to claim a suitable table by the window.

“A good a place as any,” She murmured as she passed the threshold, drawing the silken scarf loose about her shoulders. Shapely hips swayed with an unconscious rhythm opposite of her thick tail as she weaved about the tables and chairs and patrons. With graceful movements she slung her pack over the back of her chair and sunk into it with a sigh, next to her lovely companion Lexy. She shifted lightly, adjusting her sword belt to compensate for the new position.
 
And to you, Sir Xarkl. It is a pleasure to see another of the Dawnflower’s children here,” purred the elegant feline lady, filling the young knight with joy to meet another worshipper of his beloved Goddess.

<"Your words are stirring Master Xarkl"> murmured the enchanting blonde in green. "I am pleased to finally meet you properly. Your briefest introduction on board was only enough to stir my curiousity. Until very recently, I have not been so fortunate to have met anyone as friendly as the company I find myself in."

Before he could unleash his typical flood of unilateral conversation, however, the massive red man before him had a welcome suggestion.

"So, Scully, Xarkl. May the Drunken Hero toast this meeting. Care to join us as we plough our way through this crowd, find ourselves a map and a guide, and then, I suggest, a late breakfast?"

Xarkl silently nodded his assent as the giant plowed his way through the thronging crowds before them. He would have mentioned something, indeed, many somethings, during their time in line at the map-sellers, but his love of the urban bustle spared his latest companions. The paladin purchased his own map with shiny new coin, and stowed it meticulously with all the rest of his papers.

The rough wood interior of the Everful Flagon was another novel sight for the knight, who really was much more used to the polished stone of his desert home. Sitting next to the window in a puddle of Sarenrae's warmth, he smiled across the table at Kat and Lexavier. Really, he felt more and more certain that this quest of self-discovery had been absolutely the right idea. He wasn't quite sure why they were pawing at each other's behinds, but maybe that was a regional custom he hadn't yet witnessed.

Casting his gaze over at the chalkboard menu, Xarkl was delighted to see a drink clept after the blessings of the Goddess. He asked an excited question to the group.

"Have you ever heard of this "Brandy Sunrise", sirs and ladies? The name is so fortuituous, that I cannot help but feel it would be worthwhile as our first order whilst we contemplate a suitable luncheon."

Not waiting for even a fragment of a response, the paladin called out to the barman for a slew of the beverages sufficient to supply his entire party. The doughty fellow assumed a quizzical expression for a moment, then shrugged and began furiously hurling about glassware and liquids from flasks. Xarkl thought it odd that they'd keep fruit juices and syrups in those stoppered bottles instead of a normal jug or pitcher, but surely this too was just a peculiarity of the local custom.

"I wonder what 'Brandy' is," he pondered happily as the serving wenches gawked at the dipsomaniacal mid-day order from one so young.
 
Content to let others choose the seating arrangements, Tarik followed Lexavier and Kat. The view of their shapely bodies from behind was something he only vaguely appreciated, the pragmatism of his race influencing even the most casual of sexual encounters.

He looked down at the low table that the two ladies had selected, and realised that he would be best to eschew a seat. Tucking his hooves under the table he sank back comfortably onto his hocks, bringing himself down to the same level as his seated companions.

He snorted in surprise at Xarkl's ordering of a powerful cocktail, but as one always happy to enjoy a strong drink, he raised no objection, only murmuring "Perhaps the Drunken hero really is blessing this meeting..."

He bellowed with laughter as Xarkl innocently proclaimed his ignorance of the nature of the brew he had just ordered, and his large brown eyes twinkled with amusement. He caught Scully's eye, and winked - the juggler had impressed him earlier, and looked like the sort to enjoy a joke.

"Allow me to explain" he cut in, before any of the others could respond. "It's made from grapes, mostly..." he laughed. Then he stood. "I propose a toast! And amongst my people, you must drain at least half your glass at the end of a toast or cause offence."

He looked down at Xarkl with mock sincerity, finding it hard to keep a straight face.

"You wouldn't want to offend me so soon after our meeting, would you?"

As soon as the company each had a goblet in hand, (his own almost vanishing inside his massive fist) he looked each in the eye and made his deep-voiced proclamation

"Let the Drunken Hero and the Dawnflower both look with favour upon our meeting. Let them guide us into good fortune as easily as they have guided us into good friends! To good friends!"

And with that, he tossed back the fiery concoction in one gulp, and looked at the others expectantly.
 
Managing to pull her attention away from all the passers by, Lexy looked around the table at the gathering, her new friends. Ofcourse she didn't take it all for granted that they were exactly who they said they were, but for now she was content enough to follow along with them. She'd laughed more in the last hour or so than she had in the last decade.

Tarik, the friendly giant, his infectious smile was heartwarming, and his fiery red hair set his handsome features off nicely. She found herself being drawn in with every booming word, and giggling at his amazement of the world around him.

She had yet to figure Scully out, but hoped he was who he seemed, a cheeky scamp with dexterous fingers. She even quite liked the tattoo, usually she wasn't a fan, but this one was very well done. He seemed quite at home here in the city, as he had told her back on the airship. How someone could live in places like these facinated her, she most definitely wanted to learn more. She smiled brightly at him, before moving on her scrutiny of the group.

Xarkl was ... well, Xarkl! Already captured by his artistry with the Elven language, she wanted to find out more about this odd yet loveable man. She tried it hard not to cringe as he pondered the meaning of the word Brandy. He was soon to find out. Still, she couldn't laugh. As a child she remembered the eldars sitting around the camp fire drinking fermented fruit drinks and never being allowed to taste, she'd find out soon too.

Lexy glanced at Kat. She'd known her a very short time, and already Lexy trusted the flirtatious feline more than she thought she would. Kat's cheeky nature rubbed off, and Lexy found herself wanting to be cheeky too.

The goblet was placed before her, a sticky golden liquid filled it. It smelt strong, and sweet. She listened to Tarik's explaination about his customs and nodded slowly. Half the glass? She wasn't sure if she could even manage it. She raised it as her gave his toast and went for it, taking a large gulp.

She almost choked, the liquid burned down her throat. She was determined not to be made a fool of and took another before setting the goblet down. As her throat cleared she let out a little spluttering cough and licked her lips. "It's certainly sweet..." she mumbled.

((Fortitude Saving Throw: 11))
 
Last edited:
Scully followed the others toward the tavern, his eyes scanning the crowd carefully. He spotted a man in a fancy and very expensive doublet and hat and maneuvered himself to bump into the man without actually looking at him. In the distraction, Scully took a small coin purse off the man's belt and surreptitiously slid it into a hidden pocket in his vest.

(Sleight of Hand: 20)

They took their seat and a round of Brandy Sunrise was brought to the table. Scully kept a straight face but his stomach was doing somersaults at the thought of a concoction that powerful. He hadn't drunk anything stronger than weak ale since that botched poisoning a couple years ago. He took a whiff from his goblet and immediately felt a slight wave of nausea. He could just imagine his liver right now distributing leaflets to the rest of his internal organs reading, "No libation without representation!"

(Sense Motive: 22)

Normally, Scully would not be so forward but the last thing he wanted was to be violently vomiting in a gutter on his first day in the city. Of course, he didn't want to spoil the joke either. He waited until everyone else had downed theirs before putting his goblet down. "Tell me something, oh priest," he said to Tarik. "Do you tell that story about the toast to everyone? Or did you make that up just now?" His tone was challenging without being confrontational.

"This saves me the trouble of being rude by breaking tradition, you see. I have... a condition you might say. And were I to finish even a mouthful of this brew, I would be doing things in approximately five minutes that would ruin your appetite." He put the goblet down and slid it toward Tarik who looked much more capable of holding his alcohol, or at least keeping it down. "If it's all the same, I'd prefer nothing stronger than a mild ginger beer."

"Sorry, should I have brought that up before you all finished?" he asked the table as they realized they had just quaffed a goblet of powerful spirits for a joke.
 
Last edited:
Not waiting for even a fragment of a response, the paladin called out to the barman for a slew of the beverages sufficient to supply his entire party.

5 drinks of quality spirits, 25 gold all up.

((Fortitude Saving Throw: 11))

If that included modifiers, then failure, you get a little tipsy.

(Sleight of Hand: 20)

Perception check, target rolls a natural one, not only did you get away with a small (pebble sized) gemstone and 7 sp, your mark turned around and apologized for bumping in to you.


*****************************************

Zell took note of the bitterness in her little laugh, not a subject to be perused at a first meeting <"Just Nizzre you say, what a coincidence"> he said, a smirk forming on his face <"my first name is Just as well, Just Zell"> he popped the last bit of his sweetroll in to his mouth and swallowed quickly, offering her his ungauntleted hand as he did <"Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance.">

<"Now since you were so kind as to provide the food, its only fair I buy drinks"> he said, looking around for somewhere that sold alcohol, eventually seeing a nice establishment with a sign out front he couldn't read, but there was a tankard drawn on it, universal symbol for 'booze inside.'

"I doubt their wine will be up to your standards" he said, tilting his head in the direction of the tavern he saw <"but its better than nothing, and its my treat.">
 
Kat

While no doubt Kat could have found something witty or interesting to say at Xarkl’s comment, she was content to let Tarik have his good natured fun. One arm curled over the back of her chair as she leaned against it, relaxing against the well worn wood and taking in the stone structure all about them. Those feline ears perked and twitched, cocking too and fro at the slightest hint of sound. Those liquid amber orbs were on the move as well, though they lingered over her current companions each in turn. It was as good as time as any to size them up for what they were worth, or as best to her ability as she could. In the small amount of time she had known Lexy and Tarik she had become very fond of them. Xarkl and Scully on the other hand, she had yet to have the opportunity to truly gage them. She could hold no mistrust for a knight of her Goddess, even if she thought the man seemed a little too excited with just about everything. No doubt this was his first trip from his temple, ah such sweet innocence. She almost felt a pang of regret for the man. No doubt he would find the world far at large far from his liking. Yet he was a child of the Dawnflower and wore his sword easily. When push came to shove, she hoped he was devout in his beliefs.

But this Scully, that man was something Kat couldn’t figure out just yet. She had seen his type around before all too often. He seemed a man of little means, though well fed enough to keep himself fit enough to wield a blade. Ah yes, she had caught those dexterous fingers in action, spinning dagger after dagger in the air without so much as a care. She had said little to such an open display, it was just something that played in the back of her mind. Kat herself was an open person and did not judge people easily. No one at the table had done her an injustice thus far. They were all of mortal stock and as such had the potential for good or evil. If there was a chance even the blackest of hearts could be redeemed. Kat hoped with that easy smile that always came to her lips that her companions were of the more nobler heart. They had the benefit of the doubt in her book.

“I think he just makes it up as he goes, really,” Kat finally interjected, leaning forward and collecting her own glass. Regardless she brought it before her in a salute and tipped her head back, downing the drink in several swallows. Oh how it seared her throat and stomach, ah but she did so love that burn!

(Roll(1d20)+2:
6,+2
Total:8

Since Lexy failed with an 11 I am going to assume my 8 does not beat the DC!)

Kat exhaled sharply after the last swallow, a wicked grin flashing across that breathtakingly beautiful visage.

“Oh my,” She said with a huff, those amber orbs watering and a rather loud giggle overtaking her. “It suddenly got hot in here, didn’t it?” One hand came to fan her, no doubt if she were not covered in that silken sheen of fur one could imagine a flush upon her cheeks.


Nizzre

It was amazing really, at least to Nizzre. That sarcastic tone and smirk would have brought out her wrath in another life, yet now. Those lips twitched once more and for a brief moment the drowess actually smiled. She did such despite herself and it lasted far too long. She became painfully aware of it soon enough, though even as she coughed and stammered she couldn’t help it. Instead she simply thrust her hand out to his own, grasping it securely in her firm grip and offering a shake. How long had it been since she touched another, the very thought caused her to tense just a bit. Yet before she could linger on it for any length of time the tiefling, no, Zell, proceeded to justify his reasonings. It was an odd request, though Nizzre did not want to offend the man so early on. Her nose scrunched up at she peered at the sign, agreeing silently on his observations that they probably did not have a fine selection she was use to. Regardless she nodded her consent, one hand raising to draw the thick cloak about her once more.

< “It is only fair, as you say,” > She retorted easily as she took a step from the shade, squinting in the bright light. She awaited his presence at her side, the drowess did not expect to lead or follow. After all this was the surface world, she was but another soul wandering there. She was no higher than this dark man before her...equals.
 
Scully laughed merrily at Kat and Lexi before turning to Tarik and Xarkl. "It seems, friends, that we are in the company of a pair of lightweights. Fortunately for them, we three are gentlemen. We would never think to take advantage of two fair ladies in an altered state of mind." He paused with an obviously fake thoughtful look. "Well... depending on how you define 'taking advantage.' After all, drink doesn't give you ideas. It just makes the ones you already have sound more fun." He punctuated that with a wink to the two ladies as he leaned back in his seat with a grin.
 
Tarik bellowed with laughter and slapped Scully on the back hard, with no malice but hard enough to make the man’s teeth rattle. “There’s no fooling you, is there? I made it up on the spot, it seemed like a fine jest!”

He grinned at the mixture of expressions he could see around the table, then turned back to Scully.

“But you do not drink, sir? Why, my dear fellow, every intoxicating libation is an act of worship to the Lucky Drunk. By avoiding such, you spurn him! No wonder you have had such a string of misfortune recently!”

“Perhaps a blessing of restoration is what you need, to set your stomach in good order so that you can return to the correct and proper consumption of liquor!”
 
"Oh, I'm afraid it's not my stomach that's the problem," Scully explained.

(Bluff: Rolled a natural 1)

"It was a few years back. Terrible fever. Put me down for two weeks and damaged my innards, including my liver, something terrible. I'm lucky to be alive." Even to Scully that story sounded like utter bullshit right down to the delivery. But he said it, and now he had to stick to it. If they didn't suspect him of hiding something already, they would now. Even the knight Xarkl would be able to tell he wasn't telling the truth. If they confronted him about it, he'd just have to hope they'd accept that he didn't want to talk about. The last thing he wanted to tell them at this point was that he took a poisoned goblet meant for someone else in his guild. Nor that his snake tattoo was to commemorate his survival.
 
Kat

(In case it matters.
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21)

Kat’s ears perked as Scully began his tale, those amber orbs sparkling brighter than ever before. Her lips pursed lightly as slender brows furrowed, though she could not help but laugh in her typical manner.

“Now you take after Tarik, I think. I hope that wasn’t what you usually go with,” She said softly, tilting her head to the side as she regarded the human with his hooked nose and dark eyes. She knew the falsehood when she heard it, though it hadn’t exactly been hard. She was more curious now than suspicious. After all she always gave the benefit of the doubt to the other.

“I would have gone with you saved a Princess from the grasp of a mad wizard and he turned you into a newt. Though you recovered, your liver never quiet was the same,” She said with a certain amount of mirth and she tried to keep that smile to gracing her lips, which she failed at horribly.
 
Last edited:
Everything seemed just that little harder to focus on, her cheeks flushed pink as she sat quietly, listening to the conversation. She had managed about half the glass as was suggested, but for the other half she just sipped at, trying her best not to wince everytime in slid down her throat.

Ofcourse, she knew what was happening to her, she'd just never experienced it before. She tried to shake her head clear but that just made the room spin. She looked at everyone through the hair that hung loosely over her face and giggled to herself.
 
Kat

She couldn’t help but notice the intoxicated nature of her beautiful new friend. Kat too felt the tingling sensation of the potent brew, though she was use to such and knew the feeling all too well. As she teased the rogue in his lie her hand slid out over Lexy’s leg, offering a gentle squeeze as she cast the elf a sidelong glance.

“Are you alright, my sweet? You seemed flushed,” She murmured in a gentle, reassuring tone. Her hand slid from her thigh only to reach up and brush a loose strand of hair away and tuck it behind her upswept ear.
 
Back
Top