Literotica Rules

I like the way in which the Submission Rules point you to the FAQs for more detailed information, which point you back to the Submission Rules that...

I haven't had time to write anything yet because I'm on iteration 2,437, 862 and counting.

...863, ...864, ...865...

All the years we lived in Florida I stuffed my own dates. I don't trust goats or sheep!
With which appendage did you stuff them? Did you have to lubricate their orifices after getting them drunk? I've stuffed a few dates and been stuffed by a few dates. It can get intense.
:nana::nana:Yes, that's a banana in my pants. Rules rule!
Given: Bananas rule.
Given: Literotica rules!
Thus: Literotica is a banana.
"Electrical banana
Gonna be a sudden craze
E-lec-tric-al ban-an-a
Bound to be the very next phase..."
--D.Leitch​
Thus, expect electrical Literotica as the next phase of existence. It's only logical.

I like the way in which the Submission Rules point you to the FAQs for more detailed information, which point you back to the Submission Rules that...

I haven't had time to write anything yet because I'm on iteration 2,437, 862 and counting.

...863, ...864, ...865...

Ah, you've cottoned on to the site's method of keeping the intellectually challenged from bogging the site down with "couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag" story submissions.

There are some other nuances and rules that you wouldn't really know about unless you get a story rejected or read one of the monthly-or-so forums threads about them.

For example:
* It's not considered bestiality if it's a clearly non-real animal/monster/etc.
* If they seem like they might be under 18, put in a disclaimer saying they totally are 18.
* Age is in the beholder, yes there are loopholes but the point is to not cater to pedophiles so the 200-year-old immortal girl that stopped aging when she was 12 isn't allowed.
* Rape ("non-consent") is okay if the victim turned out to enjoy it by the end, idea is to not glorify rape where the victim is actually victimized.
* But no rape in fanfiction, period.

Did I miss any?

* Rape ("non-consent") is okay if the victim turned out to enjoy it by the end, idea is to not glorify rape where the victim is actually victimized

Assuming that the reader gets as far as the end. And that's often a big assumption. :)

* But no rape in fanfiction, period.

Did I miss any?
If a celeb must be raped, change the names. ;)

No snuff where the killer gains sexual pleasure as the victim dies. But I'm still not sure of the guy who injects himself with a drug that causes his penis to instantly expand 100x inside a girl so she messily explodes as they orgasm. Could be iffy.

Laurel doesn't like even hints of self mutilation. I had to severely edit Like A Hole In The Head to clarify that the protagonist did not actually drill into her skull. Not on-camera, anyway.

The hard-and-fast underage rule is: If a participant SEEMS or LOOKS like an under-18 human, they're out.

Bad orthography (spelling and grammar) can be grounds for rejection. USE those software tools built into most word processors! And/or get a beta reader / editor. It's best to use USA Anglish conventions.

Beyond this stuff, a new or aspiring LIT author should scan back in this forum and read threads debating the nuances of (especially) the underage, snuff, bestiality,and rape/noncon rules. Too bad it's not codified in one place. Or maybe that's Laurel's devilish plan...

I have looked but can't seem to find a set of rules or guideline for stories .

Yes - .... But the reality is that the vast vast majority of authors seem to be able to find the guidelines and the FAQ. If finding the submission info were a huge issue, then we'd be fielding daily complaints for years. That is not the case....

The AH fields the questions and complaints for you. Every day. It is the case.

Technically speaking, the instructions are all there. Spread over about three or four site pages plus about three more sticky forum posts. If the instructions were a story, theyd get two stars.

By the looks of it, with the way people are describing reasons for rejections, it appears that the rules need a serious overhaul.

Going by what Hypoxia explained for example, about the story getting rejected because of descriptions of mutilation. Well if Laurel doesn't really want to accept stories with those kinds of themes in them, then there should be a clarifying rule telling writers that. Even if there is a rule for that there, the rules and guidelines are such a convoluted mess it takes too long to actually find it specifically. ( I never did.)

A Boldly stated list telling people what kinds of stories are allowed on the site, the primary reasons we know about for example. No stories involving rape, bestiality, murder, mutilation, people under 18, etc. placed strictly onto its own web page link.

This might even help Laurel in the long run, by cutting down on submissions that she's likely to reject and it will help authors seeking to gain quicker pending/approval times.

If a celeb must be raped, change the names. ;)

No snuff where the killer gains sexual pleasure as the victim dies. But I'm still not sure of the guy who injects himself with a drug that causes his penis to instantly expand 100x inside a girl so she messily explodes as they orgasm. Could be iffy.

Laurel doesn't like even hints of self mutilation. I had to severely edit Like A Hole In The Head to clarify that the protagonist did not actually drill into her skull. Not on-camera, anyway.

The hard-and-fast underage rule is: If a participant SEEMS or LOOKS like an under-18 human, they're out.

Bad orthography (spelling and grammar) can be grounds for rejection. USE those software tools built into most word processors! And/or get a beta reader / editor. It's best to use USA Anglish conventions.

Beyond this stuff, a new or aspiring LIT author should scan back in this forum and read threads debating the nuances of (especially) the underage, snuff, bestiality,and rape/noncon rules. Too bad it's not codified in one place. Or maybe that's Laurel's devilish plan...

LAUREL's scale is her ICK factor.

Real judges make case law for fine distinctions. Case law illustrates particulars. LIT has no such mechanism to illustrate particular rejections that seem to fit poorly with the general policy.

The AH fields the questions and complaints for you. Every day. It is the case.

Technically speaking, the instructions are all there. Spread over about three or four site pages plus about three more sticky forum posts. If the instructions were a story, theyd get two stars.

I agree that the FAQ should be more available (and it will be in the new site redesign, as I've already said in this thread). The story side gets around 1.5 million unique readers a day (which is tens of millions of pageviews) and 150-200 submissions a day. An extremely small fraction of these users ever make it over to the forum, and a slice of those find the AH. The vast majority of authors - I'd say over 99% - are able to find the submission guidelines - either from the front page of the site, or the very top of the site index, or on the page where one goes to submit, or from the FAQ - without issue and submit work, every day, for the past 18 years. I think that deserves at least 3 stars. ;)

Well as a user , I've found this simply because of the lack of quality stories posted this past week !!!

IThe vast majority of authors - I'd say over 99% - are able to find the submission guidelines - either from the front page of the site, or the very top of the site index, or on the page where one goes to submit, or from the FAQ - without issue and submit work, every day, for the past 18 years. I think that deserves at least 3 stars. ;)

*****stars

Those who can, do. Those who can't, complain.

rj

I agree that the FAQ should be more available (and it will be in the new site redesign, as I've already said in this thread). The story side gets around 1.5 million unique readers a day (which is tens of millions of pageviews) and 150-200 submissions a day. An extremely small fraction of these users ever make it over to the forum, and a slice of those find the AH. The vast majority of authors - I'd say over 99% - are able to find the submission guidelines - either from the front page of the site, or the very top of the site index, or on the page where one goes to submit, or from the FAQ - without issue and submit work, every day, for the past 18 years. I think that deserves at least 3 stars. ;)

Looking forward to your site redesign.

Looking forward to your site redesign.
We've been looking forward to it for some years now. Hopefully it will be implemented before the heat death of the universe or the end of Prez Tromp's term, whichever comes first. Anticipating the change is like walking a leashed housecat. One must learn patience and expect the unexpected. Eventually.

Denny

Cool - never even know about that!

If they have buxom wenches I'm there
I have a complete set of pipe wrenches, monkey wrenches, and various other wrenches, but I use ViceGrips on the busts I meet because there are so many different sizes.

:nana:When your buxom winch... wench, wrench... is not of the proper diameter or length use a :nana: The Literotica member's secret weapon.
You can keep one in your pants for quick repairs. See rules printed on the bottom of a piss filled boot.

You can keep one in your pants for quick repairs. See rules printed on the bottom of a piss filled boot.
I don't think LIT has rules about piss-filled boots. To be safe, urinate directly onto open-toed sandals. Your drinking habits are not my concern. But beware wretched wenches with wrenches and winches. It's a deadly combination.

One very important LIT guideline has been omitted: Submissions should be entertaining. Alas, this rule is too-often broken.

Denny

Not only that but stuffing too many dates causes many of the older ones to shrivel up like raisins.

My dearly deported daddy used to tell us boys "ya ain't got brains to pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heal".

I'm still confused about Lit's rules but Laurel rules the roost and I'm afraid of cats.

One very important LIT guideline has been omitted: Submissions should be entertaining. Alas, this rule is too-often broken.
I break this one whenever the nerve strikes me to post something.

I did try to post one entertaining one, but the story got rejected. I missed the rule about under 750 words. An idea popped in my head, I wrote it, did a self edit, and posted it all within about 2 hours. I liked it as it was, wasn't going to stretch it out.

Back