Con artist illegally cuts down trees on failing golf course

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
For whatever reason, the con artist decided to have numerous trees along the edge of the Potomac River cut down. It wasn't like they were doing anything useful such as preventing soil erosion. Pictures show stumps sticking out of the water where the trees used to be.

Kayakers had notified officials in Loudoun County when they noticed numerous trees were missing and some, along with other debris, had been thrown directly into the river creating navigation hazards. The Potomac River is a protected area due to its vulnerability to flooding.

The county ordered the con artist's failing golf course to cease all further activities.

Phillip Musegaas, vice president of programs and litigation for the Potomac Riverkeeper Network, said one of the reasons permits are required for work along the river is that removing trees can increase the amount of sediment and debris that flows into the river when it rains and then travel to pollute the Chesapeake Bay.

"It's actually not good for their own property to clear cut trees like that," he told ABC News.

The county says its rule requiring a permit to alter the riverbank protects property along the river, included property downstream from where the trees are removed, according to a news release announcing the violation. Any plans to remove trees or pursue other changes to the land have to be reviewed and approved to ensure it won't cause any harm to the area.​

If the con artist resumes destruction of land, he could face hundreds of dollars per violation per day.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-virginia-golf-cited-illegally-cutting-trees-protected/story?id=61531413
 
But look at that view ... Ah, I mean ... it's nice.

view-of-the-trump-national-golf-club-golf-course-from-the-upper-deck-picture-id114240518
 
Back
Top