The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get your schtick. Supposedly, free loaders upset you. So what's the issue we had?
my issue is not everyone on the system is a freeloader... without government help I wouldn't have been able to afford the technology that helps me succeed in college. that was my point. you can disagree with that that's fine. I do disagree with people that have more hildren so they can get more money from the government.... if I had accessible technology built into everyday pieces of equipment you use everyday that would be awesome and maybe I wouldn't need bureau for the services for the visually impaired. but until apple started making voiceover and accesibility built into their everyday products I had to buy all alternate technologies that costed extreme quantities of money. So maybe the problem isn't with me but with a society that favors the able bodied, grant equal access to everyone like apple has started doing and maybe people like me won't need the systems in place.

So...

Actually, I'm afraid to say anything more because it might be an issue...:eek:

So...

Actually, I'm afraid to say anything more because it might be an issue...:eek:

Actually, I have an issue with panties. Girls wearing them that is. Its a world wide pandemic that currently the CDC has no clue how to solve. Any ideas? :D

Actually, I have an issue with panties. Girls wearing them that is. Its a world wide pandemic that currently the CDC has no clue how to solve. Any ideas? :D

Uhh...switch to boxers? :D jk

That reminds of a show I was watching last night...

"She only has 5 pairs of underwear...5 pairs! And she hasn't done laundry in 8 days!"

"That poor dead horse. You'd think they'd get bored beating something that can't scream or struggle..."

left over pizza, or bbq pulled pork?

Yeah, that sounds like a college student alright. Though didn't you forget the ramen noodle option? :eek:

Chicken breast sandwiches for me I think. Nyte done went and made me hungry now by bringing up lunch. :p

Yeah, that sounds like a college student alright. Though didn't you forget the ramen noodle option? :eek:

Chicken breast sandwiches for me I think. Nyte done went and made me hungry now by bringing up lunch. :p
nt a fan personally... haha

I don't have to prove that I'm right or a better person, on here, more often than not. It's just the case. That comes off as arrogance to you folks but I'm not the one that stays at home and whines to internet girls all day while my wife works to support me. I'm not the one that signs on to five different alt accounts to make my one main account look popular or neat or fun or whatever.

It's by default. I'm not even close to a great person but amongst the regulars that filter this cess pit it's easy to be considered "good" in all the ways that matter. I'm impolite and unapologetic about it, sure, but to people who value things like honesty and principle that can only be a plus. I stand against the wall of bullshit that is building up around here.

But it's not about a crusade. It's a simple question. I write well and I'm here to write and I don't care who my partners write with or what their interests are or how often they post. I ask nothing, of anyone, and suffer far more senseless opinions and dribble than I dish out.

But I'm the bad one.

And the only reason that I can see is that I'm impolite about it.

Which is what I suspected, but really, revealing.

Well, that's fascinating. Really. The first paragraph I can only surmise as being part of whatever gossip mongering 13 year old girl you have trapped in your head. As always. You will only see what you wish to see from the sources you choose to see it from. I only know part of what your talking about. It's funny.

I'm not polite or apologetic either. I'm a real cunt most of the time I just don't attack people with my opinion. There are some people around here that should just eat antifreeze and be done with it. I block them and move on. I'm only here for entertainment, not to get a migraine from the idiocy that is truly rampant.

You say you are here to write and don't care about blah blah blah blah .. then why get involved. You are an exceptional writer, so write. It's my view that you choose to suffer the senseless dribble by getting involved in the useless bullshit that is the drama around here. So for fuck sake... write and pull your head out of your ass.

And as for you're whole disability rant, I chose to stay out of that one. I'm a centralist. I can see your point and the point of those that actually need it. I happen to be one of those people you are bitching about. I have several autoimmune disorders. I should be on disability but i'm too fucking stubborn. I'm barely capable of holding down my classwork, being a mom, and counseling part time but dammit, I will get my PHd someday. I might end up on disability before that time though. I dont know. I know I'm extremely limited and I do everything within my power to be as functional as I can. I do agree with you about those that suck the system dry and take advantage of it. I see it up close and personal on a daily basis. Those people are not the majority though.

You want to see the reply... so you happily, openly, and repeatedly berate and demean those that disagree with you? What's the point? It's not like you're going to change your mind, no mattered how reasoned or supported the argument against what you believe is.

You are appalled that people take your hard earned money and use it for things you don't want them to. Welcome to America.

My tax dollars went to support a bullshit war, a bullshit office of bullshit faith-based initiatives, and can, depending on where you live, go to vouchers so people can take my tax dollars and give them to religious schools that think the Earth is 4000 years old and Japanese fishermen found a fucking dinosaur.

Everybody pays for shit with their tax dollars that they don't want to. It's not news. It's not even really that shocking.

But, if I'm given the choice between giving everyone health care or sending a bunch of 20 year olds to the desert to die for a lie, I'm picking the health care every goddamned time.

This. was. totally. sexy.
I'm a little turned on right now.

*signs into lit and reviews this thread*

Wait... Did they change the layout of facebook again? This looks different than last time I signed in....

It's not the values expressed. Not completely. I even agree with the basic premise of your point. But it's the total lack of any tact in expressing it that gets everyone fired up, which I suspect is on purpose. I suspect this because as you pointed out, you are a good writer. You have a way with words when you want to. And everyone here knows that. So it's clear to everyone here that when you write something in a way that totally provokes and pisses everyone off, that too is your intent. It's not because you lack the ability to be tactful or express yourself better. It's a choice on your part to start something, which is a trait of internet trolls everywhere.

I know of nobody who considers internet trolls to be well liked. So is it really any surprise when you behave like one that it riles everyone up against you?

Now as to your point. I've said here many times that I believe that what we say and do defines the kind of person we are. It extends to the values we hold too. But the same thing that is true for us as individuals is also true for us as a society. I submit that we, as a society, have put these systems in place to help people because we, as a society declare about ourselves that we are merciful and believe in helping people. This is not to say that you as an individual have to share that declaration, except in the sense that you still choose to be part of this society. You could choose to move elsewhere.

This is not the world of Charles Dickens. You can think like Scrooge all you like, and even be like that character. That's your choice. But the society as a whole chooses not to treat people that way.

Another thing I'd like to address: When people make this argument hypothetically about the folks in society who don't take responsibility for their own actions, they easily point to the cliche of the unwed teenage mother who was not responsible enough to use birth control, or to the drug junkie that has fried their brain and rendered themselves unfit for society, etc. But these are easy examples to incriminate.

What about the returning veteran, 23 years old, who has been sent to fight a war at the behest of his government, and returns with both legs blown off by an IED? Are you going to say, 'Sorry, bud, but it's not my fault you have no legs, Lt. Dan. You don't deserve any help from the government if it involves them taxing me.' I certainly think this would be an individual to whom something is owed by society.

Or what about the child of a crack whore mother? Yes, the mother chose irresponsible behavior, and it's not fair to ask you to support her kid. But are you telling me that you are just going to let the kid starve, or live in ill health, or grow up completely uneducated to become yet another drain on society? It's not the kid's fault they were born into such a circumstance. And who is to say that if that kid is given the chance to become something in life, that they might not be the next whiz kid computer genius like Bill Gates, or maybe some hot shot physician who discovers cures for horrible diseases?

We, as a society, declare that we are the sort who believes in human potential, and so we make the statement about ourselves that we are merciful, just, and kind by offering help to people who need it. Perhaps taxing people to get the funds to offer that help isn't the best way to do it. Let me know if you can come up with a better way. But until then, you are part of this society until you opt out. You can vote to change it, you can run your own life and affairs as you feel justified in doing, but it is what it is until it changes.

It's not the values expressed. Not completely. I even agree with the basic premise of your point. But it's the total lack of any tact in expressing it that gets everyone fired up, which I suspect is on purpose. I suspect this because as you pointed out, you are a good writer. You have a way with words when you want to. And everyone here knows that. So it's clear to everyone here that when you write something in a way that totally provokes and pisses everyone off, that too is your intent. It's not because you lack the ability to be tactful or express yourself better. It's a choice on your part to start something, which is a trait of internet trolls everywhere.

I know of nobody who considers internet trolls to be well liked. So is it really any surprise when you behave like one that it riles everyone up against you?

Now as to your point. I've said here many times that I believe that what we say and do defines the kind of person we are. It extends to the values we hold too. But the same thing that is true for us as individuals is also true for us as a society. I submit that we, as a society, have put these systems in place to help people because we, as a society declare about ourselves that we are merciful and believe in helping people. This is not to say that you as an individual have to share that declaration, except in the sense that you still choose to be part of this society. You could choose to move elsewhere.

This is not the world of Charles Dickens. You can think like Scrooge all you like, and even be like that character. That's your choice. But the society as a whole chooses not to treat people that way.

Another thing I'd like to address: When people make this argument hypothetically about the folks in society who don't take responsibility for their own actions, they easily point to the cliche of the unwed teenage mother who was not responsible enough to use birth control, or to the drug junkie that has fried their brain and rendered themselves unfit for society, etc. But these are easy examples to incriminate.

What about the returning veteran, 23 years old, who has been sent to fight a war at the behest of his government, and returns with both legs blown off by an IED? Are you going to say, 'Sorry, bud, but it's not my fault you have no legs, Lt. Dan. You don't deserve any help from the government if it involves them taxing me.' I certainly think this would be an individual to whom something is owed by society.

Or what about the child of a crack whore mother? Yes, the mother chose irresponsible behavior, and it's not fair to ask you to support her kid. But are you telling me that you are just going to let the kid starve, or live in ill health, or grow up completely uneducated to become yet another drain on society? It's not the kid's fault they were born into such a circumstance. And who is to say that if that kid is given the chance to become something in life, that they might not be the next whiz kid computer genius like Bill Gates, or maybe some hot shot physician who discovers cures for horrible diseases?

We, as a society, declare that we are the sort who believes in human potential, and so we make the statement about ourselves that we are merciful, just, and kind by offering help to people who need it. Perhaps taxing people to get the funds to offer that help isn't the best way to do it. Let me know if you can come up with a better way. But until then, you are part of this society until you opt out. You can vote to change it, you can run your own life and affairs as you feel justified in doing, but it is what it is until it changes.
this... every fucking word... well said.

I would add to it, we collectively as a community, starting with myself, should stop feeding trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back