The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

I think I lost only 8 votes this time--but they were votes I was delighted to have lost.
 
My two stories lost roughly 20-30 votes each. I was expecting way more than that given past precedent. My scores went up .06 and .01, which was nice to see.

And the Halloween contest is less than a month away. :)
 
My LW story PRICKLY PAIRS lost about 30 votes (to around 320) - and moved up from 4.36 to 4.58! A Red H in LW! My Incest story A TASTE OF LEMONADE also lost about 30 votes (to around 755) and jumped from 4.11 to 4.31. I didn't really have any great expectations for either, but I'm surprised PAIRS did so well. That, and the results of my analysis spreadsheet, make me want to write more in LW -- only not as snarky as my previous tales there.

EDIT: Before anyone berates me for concentrating on numbers and Red H's, I'll say: My goal here is to be READ. I find that I get most readers per story in Incest, Mature, and LW, and I get the best scores in Incest and Group. I can be pretty sure that Red H's help drive readership. So, if I want my words to hit the most eyeballs, I need to aim to please. But I also want to write challenging stuff, that makes my mind itch. Those stories will NOT get high scores, but I'll write'em anyway. And maybe my fan club (all 5 of'em) will appreciate those.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations to the Winners! :nana::nana::nana:

I lost about 15% of my votes and a comment, but I was pleased that my story had a reasonable rating throughout - not brilliant but acceptable.
 
Good work

Congrats to the winners. Sweep put my story way up there i ratings so at least I have the joy of knowing my first story managed to get a red H.
 
Congrats to the Summer Lovin' Contest winners:

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
Rolling in the Deep by lamoureuse

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
Life Art by xelliebabe

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Marcy's Playground by MJRoberts

Congrats to the winners, and thank you, sr71, for posting. I admit it slipped my mind; I went to my son's baseball game this morning.
 
Congrats to the winners, and thank you, sr71, for posting. I admit it slipped my mind; I went to my son's baseball game this morning.

I think I caught it just a couple of moments after it was posted.
 
Weird

I lost about 40 votes and the rating for "Bowled Over" jumped from 6.63 to 6.77. Very pleased with the result, especially as I wrote it in such a short time having only decided to enter seven days before the deadline when driving past a cricket pitch provided the inspiration!
 
Congrats to the winners.

My Interracial story had it's H throughout but I was worried about the audio story as i had never done one. In the end it lost a dozen votes and got there.

I need to thank Kingswoman and her sexy voice for all her hard work. :kiss::kiss:
 
Congrats to the winners :)

Ended up with 4.66, 712 votes, 8 comments, and 43 Favorites on mine.

Hard to know exact numbers, but it looks like the sweeps took about a dozen votes and raised the score by .04.
 
Congrats to the winners. Well earned because there were some damn fine stories in this contest.

Great job at snagging nearly 30,000 views in GM on yours, Patientlee. Really nice score too. :)
 
Congratulations to our winners!

Great job: lamoureuse, xelliebabe, and MJRoberts! Those were rather untouchable scores!

As for my drivel - I finished with a 4.70 1745 votes and 96408 page views.

Here's where I was last time I checked:
4.69 - 1770 votes - 95885 page views @ 07:00 a.m. 9/12/14

The most remarkable part for me? The 189 favorites!

Otherwise, I stayed at 4.69 mark through-out most of the contest. Never saw 4.70 until the sweeps and never had a hope of reaching those stellar point totals of our winners! GREAT JOB you three!
 
Congratulations to the winners, I entered this year, one of the few times I have done that. I guess I finished in the middle somewhere. It was fun though and I will be entering more in the future.
 
well lets end this sad thread with the wines of the AIR contest which were chosen by real readers - not palace insiders who invariably favor certain categories and authors...

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Contest Winners

tumblr_n59u9szzo01trmdtxo1_500.gif

A.I.R. … the tradition continues :kiss:


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
BEST STORY IN THE CONTEST


The Gift by Deam Cloud


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
MOST VIEWS RECEIVED WINNER


Ashley’s Car Trouble (Illustrated) by inkyscandal


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
MOST COMMENTS RECEIVED WINNER


BTB: Anne by Corsair46


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
MOST VOTES RECEIVED WINNER


The Accidental Text by Mello_SixtyNine


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
HIGHEST RATED STORY WINNER


Escape From Poverty by amyyum
 
well lets end this sad thread with the wines of the AIR contest which were chosen by real readers - not palace insiders who invariably favor certain categories and authors...

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Contest Winners

tumblr_n59u9szzo01trmdtxo1_500.gif

A.I.R. … the tradition continues :kiss:


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
BEST STORY IN THE CONTEST


The Gift by Deam Cloud


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
MOST VIEWS RECEIVED WINNER


Ashley’s Car Trouble (Illustrated) by inkyscandal


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
MOST COMMENTS RECEIVED WINNER


BTB: Anne by Corsair46


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
MOST VOTES RECEIVED WINNER


The Accidental Text by Mello_SixtyNine


A.I.R. 2014 Back to School Story Contest
HIGHEST RATED STORY WINNER


Escape From Poverty by amyyum

Now, let's see what these people get as prizes.
 
There are no prizes or winners in a fake contest.

Just sories pulling names out of a hat.

Please don't quote his bullshit as most people have him on ignore for good reasons.
 
There are no prizes or winners in a fake contest.

Just sories pulling names out of a hat.

Please don't quote his bullshit as most people have him on ignore for good reasons.

Same could probably be said about you, but not me.

Also, don't belittle what for him is the only reason to keep the hat. (Stopped being about protecting his head when everyone realized that was an empty container.)
 
There are no prizes or winners in a fake contest.

Just sories pulling names out of a hat.

Please don't quote his bullshit as most people have him on ignore for good reasons.

Not to mention that I bet not a single one has anything whatsoever to do with his so-called "theme".
 
First prize: One week in Scourie's World, all expenses paid
Second prize: Two weeks. as above
Third prize: Three weeks, with drugs

I hear last prize is a one month visit by Scouries and his entire staff. Of course, that's only one person so it's bad but not as bad as it might sound.
 
I hear last prize is a one month visit by Scouries and his entire staff. Of course, that's only one person so it's bad but not as bad as it might sound.

I wonder if he uses different voices as he talks to himself. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top