Serious Question

Well that just pisses me the fuck off. I'm not real picky about where I buy honey so I eat the corporate stuff all the time. I get local honey when I happen to see it but if I'm in Walmart or Kroger I'll just get what they got.
I could live off of peanut butter and honey sammiches. Seriously. I love those things.
Know what's good? Honeycomb. You wouldn't think so but yeah.

I'm okay with being proven wrong. I just rather it be by the guy who knows his stuff than the guy who stood in the same room as the guy who knows his stuff, hence the request for a written explanation. Shouldn't be much ado given that you interact with him frequently.
You are not being proven wrong. I am simply rejecting your information in favor of someone else's whose credentials I find more compelling. You can believe whatever you'd like for yourself.

Since I am not a geneticist, I have to defer to experts. I consider him an expert; I'm sorry to say I don't consider you one, in spite of your undergrad genetics class. His words regarding your position are something along the lines of, "It's meaningless. It's nothing new, it's been going on since the beginning of time." He rejects the distinction between the lab and "nature" that you are making.

In fact, I do see him all the time. Our sons are friends and are (were) in the same class, they live on the same park we do, we all go to brewpubs together, etc. But I'm afraid I'm not up for an assignment on his behalf just so I can prove your negative. I was just passing along what I could. If it's a field that interests you, you may want to look into it more deeply yourself, since the information you have appears to be, shall we say, incomplete as is.

If somebody's gonna mess with trout, they better combine it with browned butter and lemon DNA.

Fuck apples.

And maybe capers, too.

Oh yeah, and splice it with one of those splashes of white wine genes or something.

But to be honest, anyone who's eaten Cheetos or Froot Loops really shouldn't waste time worrying about genetically modified produce.

You gotta add Pop Tarts to that list.

Also: What?? Honey is NOT HONEY??

You are not being proven wrong. I am simply rejecting your information in favor of someone else's whose credentials I find more compelling. You can believe whatever you'd like for yourself.

Since I am not a geneticist, I have to defer to experts. I consider him an expert; I'm sorry to say I don't consider you one, in spite of your undergrad genetics class. His words regarding your position are something along the lines of, "It's meaningless. It's nothing new, it's been going on since the beginning of time." He rejects the distinction between the lab and "nature" that you are making.

In fact, I do see him all the time. Our sons are friends and are (were) in the same class, they live on the same park we do, we all go to brewpubs together, etc. But I'm afraid I'm not up for an assignment on his behalf just so I can prove your negative. I was just passing along what I could. If it's a field that interests you, you may want to look into it more deeply yourself, since the information you have appears to be, shall we say, incomplete as is.

And since you're no geneticist, there's no way you could have mis-understood him or gotten something completely wrong.

I know, sacrilege, right?

Or maybe just haha funny.

Last edited:
And since you're no geneticist, there's no way you could have mis-understood him or gotten something completely wrong.

Can't you two just get along? For Pete's sake, it's just a simple discussion of DNA and gene manipulation in relation to large scare corporate agriculture and the world food supply. No reason to make it all complicated.

Of course it's possible. Just as it's possible you're incorrect and have decided to get all Internet about it in an effort to save face.

If you're comfortable with what you know, or if it's important to you to stick with it, then go with it. You probably won't find yourself in many rooms where anyone knows any different. You can still play a geneticist all you like, and all will be good in your kingdom.

Can't you two just get along? For Pete's sake, it's just a simple discussion of DNA and gene manipulation in relation to large scare corporate agriculture and the world food supply. No reason to make it all complicated.

Frankly, I'm jealous of Sonny.

I, too, want a super-power whereby I can instantly understand and synthesize a field of study I have little-to-no background in based on a single conversation with an expert.

All I have is "listening", which came included with this body.

Frankly, I'm jealous of Sonny.

I, too, want a super-power whereby I can instantly understand and synthesize a field of study I have little-to-no background in based on a single conversation with an expert.

All I have is "listening", which came included with this body.

Let's not dwell on your shortcomings. Be positive.

You know just how to cheer me up. :)

I should put you on retainer. Fuck that $200/hr I'm paying the shrink.

You're not the first person to offer me $200. Not sure it was for talking although I remember oral being mentioned.

You're not the first person to offer me $200. Not sure it was for talking although I remember oral being mentioned.

I know that people haven't been acknowledging your 'A' material of late, so let me just say that that was funny.

That's right. The extra $50 was for coming in the backdoor even though I told you that parking was in the front. Sometimes I just don't get my patients.

Well, you were treating my anal obsessive nature.

Back