Texans, you never cease to amuse...

legerdemer

lost at sea
A visiting friend from Texas alerted me to this:

RepublicOfTexas

This may provide someone with the plot bunny they need for April Fool's. But seriously, I'm thinking California should take the lead on secession. If we weren't so laid back... :D:D:D

A visiting friend from Texas alerted me to this:

RepublicOfTexas

This may provide someone with the plot bunny they need for April Fool's. But seriously, I'm thinking California should take the lead on secession. If we weren't so laid back... :D:D:D

I don't think that California sees itself as a part of anything bigger anyway. (Yes, I can comment on that--I was born in California, which is more than most Californians can say. :D)

I don't think that California sees itself as a part of anything bigger anyway. (Yes, I can comment on that--I was born in California, which is more than most Californians can say. :D)

Well, we do vote with our feet, Pilot. :D
And yes, we're pretty self-sufficient, if you include Baja California as part of the deal. LOL ;);)

I lived in Texas for 25 or so years, and there was always someone saying that they should secede.

Seems like I read somewhere that one of the reasons Texas joined the union in the first place was because they were completely bankrupt.

There's been a quiet movement for years for Cornwall to secede from the UK.
Given that Wales & Scotland have got damned close, it's not too hard to imagine, is it ?

Too many miles of border to keep all the snowbirds out. :rolleyes:

California doesn't have to succeed. Most people are still waiting for it to break off and float away.

Given that Wales & Scotland have got damned close, it's not too hard to imagine, is it ?

Given that Welsh, Gaelic, and Cornish are related languages, perhaps they should all secede together, forming a new nation. It could be called Celtic United, I guess.

(Maybe even invite the Irish and the Bretons to join...)

Ooo. The story I wrote yesterday is about a lad who escaped the pan of Cornwall only to land in the fire of Devon. Any sizzle, of course, has to come from the context of the story, not the reality of either Cornwall or Devon.

Last edited:

California doesn't have to succeed. Most people are still waiting for it to break off and float away.

Waiting for the doubling of the coastline! I may get some ocean-front property yet... ROFL

But it has, it has!

Sorry, Tx, the tectonic plates aren't moving that way. California is heading towards Alaska. Watch out, Sarah!

1. California ain't gonna break off and float away. Plate tectonics don't work that way. Blame Curt Gentry for promoting the idea. (He's a local hero anyway re: his account of Jackson CA's brothels.)

2. Texas (the surface) is primarily debris washed down from New Mexico. If Texas secedes, they need to pay back rent for the land, as well as paying back all the out-of-state tax monies received. Buy yourselves a navy, cowboys.

3. I am all for Texas secession. And Florida. And California. Or at least the State of Jefferson. (Jefferson originally seceded on 6 Dec 1941 but nobody noticed, due to the following day's events.)

4. Big political agglomerations should be broken up. No more than 50 million population allowed within any one jurisdiction. That means dividing USA in seven bits. Name them.

5. What then RoT (Republic of Texas) boys is up to is called insurrection. Look it up.

3. I am all for Texas secession. And Florida. And California. Or at least the State of Jefferson. (Jefferson originally seceded on 6 Dec 1941 but nobody noticed, due to the following day's events.)

And Rhode Island. :D

Neah, they're too cute. ALL of them...
I'll throw you some rope, LC. I know you like rope... ;)

(brats of the world, unite!!)

I'm more of a leash and collar type, but hey, if ropes what you want to hand me, I'll adapt to the situation.

Oh wow, how many different types of cops were in attendance for that small gathering? "A show of force" that they said was needed was sure shown, and I'm positive that the feelings of all those people who were assaulted by the various cops was really changed. All that illegal confiscation of their property, the fingerprinting, and the 'interviewing' that was done must have been enough to convince the people in the group that they were really in the wrong, thinking that they shouldn't be thinking that they needed independence from the over-bearing government.

While I'm not sure that the numerous places in the US that want to secede from their current state are in the right, this is one more example that should be brought to the attention of the Fed. It's a good example to the people that thing the mostly liberal government is too critical of criticism.

All these groups across the country that want true freedom from all the three-letter-agency people are looking at this event as an example as to why they feel the way they do. The term "jack booted thugs" comes to mind, and I really would have expected better our of Texas. They are one of the few places left in the US that has the silly notion that people should actually be "free", and this is what happens? Shameful.

And please, don't bring up anything about California. The politics in that horrid place is the embarrassment of the nation. I used to live there, so I know there are good people that live there, but if 99% of that armpit of a landmass fell into a volcano, I would help throw a party for the occasion.

So are you saying the secessionist movement waxes and wanes with conservative vs. liberal governments?

Note to self: get rid of all volcanoes from CA. :D

Oh wow, how many different types of cops were in attendance for that small gathering? "A show of force" that they said was needed was sure shown, and I'm positive that the feelings of all those people who were assaulted by the various cops was really changed. All that illegal confiscation of their property, the fingerprinting, and the 'interviewing' that was done must have been enough to convince the people in the group that they were really in the wrong, thinking that they shouldn't be thinking that they needed independence from the over-bearing government.

While I'm not sure that the numerous places in the US that want to secede from their current state are in the right, this is one more example that should be brought to the attention of the Fed. It's a good example to the people that thing the mostly liberal government is too critical of criticism.

All these groups across the country that want true freedom from all the three-letter-agency people are looking at this event as an example as to why they feel the way they do. The term "jack booted thugs" comes to mind, and I really would have expected better our of Texas. They are one of the few places left in the US that has the silly notion that people should actually be "free", and this is what happens? Shameful.

And please, don't bring up anything about California. The politics in that horrid place is the embarrassment of the nation. I used to live there, so I know there are good people that live there, but if 99% of that armpit of a landmass fell into a volcano, I would help throw a party for the occasion.

Oh, look not one, but two senile shriveled up old farts are obsessed with me.

Fess up, you guys split a blue pill then whack off to me, don't you?

Last edited:
Back