How to create chapters

LadyNocturna

Virgin
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Posts
1
Hi, I'm about to publish my first story, I'll be releasing it as a serial but have no idea how to make all the publications look like they're part of the same story, like this:

Tittle of Full story
Title of serial story
-Chapter 1
-Chapter 2
-Chapter 3
Tittle of Full story

How do I make it so it doesn't look like they're separate full stories so they don't get mixed with the actual individual full stories?
 
Hmmm...

As there is a limit to the title length...

Title Story Series Title Ch. 01
Title Story Series Title Ch. 02
Title Story Series Title Ch. 03

If Series Title will have different parts...

Title Story Series Title Pt. 01 Ch. 01
Title Story Series Title Pt. 01 Ch. 02
Title Story Series Title Pt. 02 Ch. 01
Title Story Series Title Pt. 03 Ch. 01

or
Title Sr. 01 Ch. 01
Title Sr. 01 Ch. 02
Title Sr. 02 Ch. 01
Title Sr, 03 Ch. 01

etc.

It all has to fit withing the title text box. The text box allows only 34 - 35 characters. So you will/might have to abbrev. some of the titles or do away with the series title.
 
Last edited:
How do I make it so it doesn't look like they're separate full stories so they don't get mixed with the actual individual full stories?
As Zeb notes, the limitation is the title field length, and you need to get your chapter sequencing done in that field (35 characters). You could then use the description field for your chapter title, as i have done in my recently published The Dark Chronicles (link to my story page below) but you end up with minimalist information as to your content. That's the sacrifice you have to make.

Also, if you submit the stories as you write them, make sure you put Ch.01 in the first one, and include a note to the site editor that it's the first of many. When you submit the second chapter, Laurel (the site editor) looks after all of the linking and joining up.

If the whole story is written, you can submit all chapters at the same time and ask Laurel in the Notes to schedule release. She will do so, with a chapter going live every 24 hours (the first chapter subject to a 2 - 3 day delay - longer if you're a new author, as your story will be read more closely to ensure it complies with site content policies).

The general advice is to include a note at the beginning of the first chapter saying it is a multi-part story, and it is finished (if it is finished) - many readers won't start a multi-chapter story unless they know it's complete. There are writers who embark on long stories who successfully release as they write - but there are far more who start long stories but then run out of time, inspiration, energy, and never finish.

Good luck, welcome to the tumoil :).

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2002042&page=submissions
 
Back
Top