PM asshattery

I like this thread, so I'll keep the horrible ones I just delete for next time posting :D But I did get a guy who randomly pm'd me a roleplaying scene, the characters, the plot lmao and my screen covered in text. Like he just wanted me to jump in :confused: So I just ignored it and deleted it.

Then I get the random ones from dicks (pleasurable and revolting) just throwing me their personal details like "see you on Skype!"

Oh..um...?

Then comes the ones who just keep resending, and the same stuff, or going up a notch. It's flattering but creepy and annoying after a while. There really shouldn't be an art to starting a conversation, but there should be a class :eek:

I never thought I would end up posting in here but, this was a great one to start off 2015.

her said:
me said:
her said:
me said:
her said:
Are those your eyes?
They are beautiful. 😊

They are my eyes, and thank you. How are you this evening?
I am good thanks. I like men in their 40s. Are you handsome? seeing just your eyes makes me think you are.

Here's a picture of me. It's a bit blurry, but it was just taken yesterday.

(link to pic here)
I was wrong

I like this thread, so I'll keep the horrible ones I just delete for next time posting :D But I did get a guy who randomly pm'd me a roleplaying scene, the characters, the plot lmao and my screen covered in text. Like he just wanted me to jump in :confused: So I just ignored it and deleted it.

Then I get the random ones from dicks (pleasurable and revolting) just throwing me their personal details like "see you on Skype!"

Oh..um...?

Then comes the ones who just keep resending, and the same stuff, or going up a notch. It's flattering but creepy and annoying after a while. There really shouldn't be an art to starting a conversation, but there should be a class :eek:

I totally agree. There are some very articulate, charming men on Lit, but resending 3 or 4 msgs that were obvious copy and paste of the other unanswered pm's is not how you'll get my attention. Not only that, but when I try to send a polite response, my words are ignored and they are still on their own agenda?! Sigh.....

I totally agree. There are some very articulate, charming men on Lit, but resending 3 or 4 msgs that were obvious copy and paste of the other unanswered pm's is not how you'll get my attention. Not only that, but when I try to send a polite response, my words are ignored and they are still on their own agenda?! Sigh.....

Some males on here do not understand the fine meaning of "No thank you."

Yeah, the issues I've noticed lately aren't so much about asshattery as they are about lack of game.

This is something I hear from younger women. Guys their age don't seem to comprehend the basics of how to even approach, much less garner an interest.

My oldest is on his third, and probably finally girlfriend. He, to my knowledge has never approached a girl, ever. Each of his girlfriends selected and approached him. He is 25.

This is something I hear from younger women. Guys their age don't seem to comprehend the basics of how to even approach, much less garner an interest.

My oldest is on his third, and probably finally girlfriend. He, to my knowledge has never approached a girl, ever. Each of his girlfriends selected and approached him. He is 25.
Interesting. Do you think it has to do with the Internet/social media, or is there something else going on here?

Interesting. Do you think it has to do with the Internet/social media, or is there something else going on here?

Zeitgeist?
A lot of the young boys are more "feminine" than the girls.
Being male is frowned upon, they are scared stiff of fear from being called sexual predators should they show any interest in a girl and there is so little testosterone based activity left.
They are trained to be like that.

And don't get me started on the effect of plasticizers and obesity with respect to classic male characteristics!

Zeitgeist?
A lot of the young boys are more "feminine" than the girls.
Being male is frowned upon, they are scared stiff of fear from being called sexual predators should they show any interest in a girl and there is so little testosterone based activity left.
They are trained to be like that.

And don't get me started on the effect of plasticizers and obesity with respect to classic male characteristics!

Lol you might actually be onto something. I was recently introduced to the term metrosexual. Frightening concept. The very notion that men would enjoy going out and doing shopping *shudders*.

Mind you on a place like this I'd imagine you get guys who are super creepy and stalker like and those guys petrified of getting the wrong reaction from having the audacity to approach a lit lady. Either approach is way too much hassle for me :p

I've received mostly nice PMs but I have had a couple of less than flattering ones. I'll keep them for here next time.

I never thought I would end up posting in here but, this was a great one to start off 2015.

Fuck her. People are assholes, and I'm sorry this one found you.

Delete it, block her, and don't even think about it. :) :rose:

That person has no class.

You have lots going for you.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a guy posting to me about how he appreciated the fact that I liked his pictures even though he was scarred. When I said it was not an issue with me, I had some scars from child birth...got pregnant with twins, what the hell was I thinking?:rolleyes:...and he ceased speaking to me, lol!

That person has no class.

You have lots going for you.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a guy posting to me about how he appreciated the fact that I liked his pictures even though he was scarred. When I said it was not an issue with me, I had some scars from child birth...got pregnant with twins, what the hell was I thinking?:rolleyes:...and he ceased speaking to me, lol!

And this is why I don't post pictures of myself-b/c people are judgmental jerks from behind a keyboard.

Sorry any of you have to deal with such nonsense.

And this is why I don't post pictures of myself-b/c people are judgmental jerks from behind a keyboard.

Sorry any of you have to deal with such nonsense.

There will always be haters. I'm not precious about my dubious form but I do think the giraffe is better looking :p saying that I think a couple of lit members have seen my true visage. At any rate people are jerks, explains why the X factor is so damn popular!

that's just fucking rude. And it kinda makes me mad. Reminds me of an old saying I used to hear a lot growing up...
"Pretty is as pretty does"

That young lady was not pretty.

It pre-dates social media. I think part of it is the increasing ease of self entertainment. So many options, people don't get out and socialize in general. So they are awkward.

It pre-dates social media. I think part of it is the increasing ease of self entertainment. So many options, people don't get out and socialize in general. So they are awkward.

Or maybe the awkward just became visible?

They socialize, but mainly via this medium or voice chats.. less skype or face to face, unless it progresses that far. But even teenagers, it's the same - they interact with their friends over xbox or playstation or voice chat during steam pc games.

What they miss are the numerous visual clues people give off, from stance to facial expression, to hands, arm placement, body movement.. all silent communications they don't even realize are there, and if they haven't been exposed to it, can't read it. In a lot of cases, they are giving off signals themselves without realizing it. It's like a language they can't read so it becomes noise they ignore, and try to get all the missing details from piecing apart the words only and interpreting based on their own experience, as opposed to using additional clues.

Than again, some people just don't have much empathy or skill in empathy, and have been allowed to grow up with only their own desires ranking highest, and everyone else's next.

And that's not just the internet generation, but the asshats that don't merge properly and jump the line, or see a queue splitting into 3 registers and jumps the single queue saying "well, there wasn't a line behind this register" (or just ignore everyone yelling at them), and I could go on.

There has a been a significant shift away from caring about your fellow man, especially when you don't know them personally or otherwise.

A word of caution to those who're receiving spam PMs. Certain links can be used to know your IP adresses and hence your location.

Report/Delete such messages ASAP to avoid such a thing.

Well, I guess my comment that they just don't try anymore was one of those challenge accepted moments.

I got one last night that was about 35 paragraphs long, not an exaggeration I counted, mostly pointing out that I wouldn't be interested, because I'm not extreme or filthy enough for him. He was spot on there, many a squick was to be had.

I won't post it here for space considerations, and because after I sent a response, he responded politely--completely erasing my response, but keeping his manifesto intact--saying he wished me well and will not be bothering me again.

I'm still shaking my head, the sheer beauty of the arrogance in this pm was something to behold and at least he put in some effort.

Bravo asshat. Bravo.

Back