Getting slammed by anonymous critics

From what I've read, I would suspect the critics that are so nasty have been cuckolded and their relationships have been anything but successful. I would guess that they are conservative and very conventional. This has led to resentment, especially since there are some people that can play outside of their relationship and still love each other.

But, my experience is limited. I've only been married once, for forty-two years. We opened our marriage, both of us have had affairs, a couple of threesomes and explored swinging. We love each other more now than ever and we have fun remembering some of our piccadillies, some are funny, some are sad and most of them are major turn ons.

Be honest, be truthful, communicate & be respectful with one another!

Oops, didn't mean to get so long winded. Take care.

Sorry, but I have to make comment to this. I just do. To the OP I am sorry you got slammed by a troll, but it does happen here a lot. All I can say is try to not let it bother you, especially when it all comes from what is obviously one person.

Now for the comment I am quoting. You would think that huh? Sounds like a touch of transference to me hun. Conservatives? Conventional? Hmm. To follow your logic train (okay, bumper car), I could see the basher as someone who was taken advantage of by a manipulative skank whore. A woman who would slip behind the good man's back and fuck guys beneath themselves just to hurt the husband. I could understand a guy in that circumstance being a bit touchy on the subject of a story written about an extramatrital affair. Honestly, if you find a cheater hot, you need to look deeply into your own psyche pool.

How many women get cheated on? Is it hot to watch a woman's confidence and inner strength get erroded away by a scumbag man? Is it cool for a slut of a woman to do the same to a man? In a story I could see it as an exercise in cleansing oneself and restoring a sense of inner peace with a well written story where the cheater gets their karmic debt ticket punched. That I could see.

But to lump everyone into the mold you placed? Really? Is this the tenth grade? If so, I am in the wrong place.

And don't plug me into it either, I'm in a happy poly relationship with a pair of wonderful people. Just my two bits.

Yep. I would have reported it as spam, but will let someone do that who isn't being slammed for reporting spam.

A damned bad one too. And a reported one as well.

Last edited:
I find the cheating stories more intriguing than the others. How did it start....How was it discovered....What was the final outcome....

There was even one post I read where a woman was describing how she came under control of a hung male. She said she loved her husband through out the story but loved the cock of her lover even more, actually hated the person but could not get enough of his cock. A story that probably belonged more in the BDSM section since it was more about D/s but somehow ended up in LW. I gave it a 5* because the author had the balls to finish it with her going back for even more control by her M. Not all stories end like a fairy tale.

Talk about an author being dumped on....lol How dare he not end his story with the woman coming to her senses or suffering some horrible death! It was truely a different twist with no real ending.

And the haters were out in force! And as usual, the haters were ANONYMOUS!

Anonymous have no character, they have no ability to accept the world, only hate on it. Or they are miserable because they were mistreated? Or could it be they thrive on getting the attention.

I've tried to look for a formula in my LW stories where it was technical cheating, but not emotional cheating--in that the husband either was in on it for good/intriguing reasons or the woman was pushed to the brink by overpowering forces but pulled back--either before anything happened or shocked that it did. One story, for instance, has the husband old and incapable of satisfying a younger wife for reasons they both accept and he insists she take a lover and she does so because being in a relationship with her husband in all but sexual terms is more valuable to her than the tensions and acrimonies that would result from a sexless marriage would bring.

I try to look at real life tensions and circumstances that could involve cuckolding and see how the relationship beyond the sex can still hold together. I think in real life there are compromises to preserve a marriage beyond the sex.

I don't have many LW stories, but they don't generally get bombed badly. And I've written and posted the stories to explore the concepts, not to worry about reader comments/ratings.

I only drifted in to LW once and it was with full intent to flame the trolls.

Its a huge woman hating category full of bitter men and many of whom I have a very clear mental image of.

being that I can;t stand that type of man I gave them a story where the husband cheats on the wife and she gets even big time. Screws the young landscaper in front of him while he's tied to a chair and he has a shock collar on so anytime he looks away he gets zapped.

I got flamed, but what was funny is many of the trolls assumed I was female, because how could a guy want to see the husband be the one that gets it?

It was my answer to all the "burn the bitch" stories.

Now for the comment I am quoting. You would think that huh? Sounds like a touch of transference to me hun. Conservatives? Conventional? Hmm. To follow your logic train (okay, bumper car), I could see the basher as someone who was taken advantage of by a manipulative skank whore. A woman who would slip behind the good man's back and fuck guys beneath themselves just to hurt the husband. I could understand a guy in that circumstance being a bit touchy on the subject of a story written about an extramatrital affair.

I can see why somebody who's been cheated on might find it hurtful to read stories about cheaters. That's reasonable. (And I'll skip over the part where there seems to be far more rage directed at female adulterers than male ones.)

...so why the hell do those guys keep reading stories about cheaters? I know the name of the category is confusing to new readers, but the anon/s on LW seem to be frequent flyers.

The same reason folks pick at scabs?

The same reason someone would write an LW story specifically to provoke the readers?

I can see why somebody who's been cheated on might find it hurtful to read stories about cheaters. That's reasonable. (And I'll skip over the part where there seems to be far more rage directed at female adulterers than male ones.)

...so why the hell do those guys keep reading stories about cheaters? I know the name of the category is confusing to new readers, but the anon/s on LW seem to be frequent flyers.

because they secretly love it ;)

Its akin to how people rubberneck at bad traffic accidents.

Or when you have a cut on the roof of your mouth and just keep poking at it with your tongue.

Then again, not everyone is like that. I know someone who reads here and detests incest and they will never click on an incest story, and personally I don;t read in non consent.

Some people can manage not to scratch the itch some people are compelled to.

Got to have a thick skin to post any story here on Literotica. There are trolls in every category. It's a waste of your time worrying about some wah-wah you'll never make happy. Do you really think they come here to read brilliant literary works of art? Sure, some readers do read and will enjoy your stories. Others will want to get off and still others will want to do some passive-aggressive mayhem. The latter would take great sadistic joy seeing the Author's complaints in the opening post of this thread, for which they will wank their wee willies over.

If you're bugged by Anonymous vitriolic spew, disable anonymous commenters altogether in Options via your Author's Panel. If low votes annoy you, disable voting and bring your focus around on good writing instead of the trolls.

Thanks for your input Wyldfire

Sorry, but I have to make comment to this. I just do. To the OP I am sorry you got slammed by a troll, but it does happen here a lot. All I can say is try to not let it bother you, especially when it all comes from what is obviously one person.

Now for the comment I am quoting. You would think that huh? Sounds like a touch of transference to me hun. Conservatives? Conventional? Hmm. To follow your logic train (okay, bumper car), I could see the basher as someone who was taken advantage of by a manipulative skank whore. A woman who would slip behind the good man's back and fuck guys beneath themselves just to hurt the husband. I could understand a guy in that circumstance being a bit touchy on the subject of a story written about an extramatrital affair. Honestly, if you find a cheater hot, you need to look deeply into your own psyche pool.

How many women get cheated on? Is it hot to watch a woman's confidence and inner strength get erroded away by a scumbag man? Is it cool for a slut of a woman to do the same to a man? In a story I could see it as an exercise in cleansing oneself and restoring a sense of inner peace with a well written story where the cheater gets their karmic debt ticket punched. That I could see.

But to lump everyone into the mold you placed? Really? Is this the tenth grade? If so, I am in the wrong place.

And don't plug me into it either, I'm in a happy poly relationship with a pair of wonderful people. Just my two bits.

Thanks for your input...

I was fishing for trolls... to see if any would bite. Do you trash someone's story without giving a good reason? I don't think so. From what I'm reading you will take the time to explain why you didn't like it... like my post.

But I stand by my generalized statement, and it is generalized. It is also based on my work as a PI in adultory cases. True not everyone fits that mold, but you'd be surprised at the number that do.

Take care and have a good life. I'll look for some of your stories. I rank stories on how well they are written and the techniques they use. I don't care if a person is straight, gay, bi, poly, moly or even if they are galvinized.

Hey again Wyldfire, a clarification

Hey:

I re-read your post and I see what you are saying in regards to the "unconventional and non-conservative" folks. Please bear with me, I'm getting old, my glasses need replacing, my hearing is shot and my brain is on a slow track.

I 'think' we agree on the conservatives living a conventional lifestyle not reacting too well with a spouse's infidelity. This possibly leading to someone holding resentments and lashing out.

That was a generalized statement and was not meant to include people living an unconventional lifestyle. Unfortunately people living in unconventional lifestyles have little protection, at least here in SC. So they usually use unconventioanl methods to resolve certain issues. Resulting in domestic violence with one or both going to jail and kids going to social services.

LEO's here in this small burg of ours are almost all conservative. (We had a new sheriff elected and he required all his deputies to be re-sworn in at the First Baptist Church, even though the courthouse was across the street). These officers will do what is required, but not put any more effort into it than is needed. The thought, "If they got married we wouldn't be here."

A restraining order is about the best someone could hope for. The investigative company I worked for has done pro bono work for a small organization that attempts to help these situations. I have set on surveillance (way too often) to aquire evidence that one or the other of the spouses is violating the order.

I can see where someone reading some of these stories that has been through this type of betrayal might react the same as our conservatives. So no the mould would not fit these individuals. Actually I can see a more of a reaction as they have even less recourse.

Now help an old fart out and tell me if that makes more gooder sense. MKvDeepSea

P.S. Still don't like em trashing a story. I would want to know 'WHY' it sucks. :)

That category has a well-earned reputation for a harsh, problematic readership.

Honestly, I clicked on your story the day it went up, but didn't read it because of the length. Nothing against long stories, but I like to finish a story in a single sitting. So for 16 pages, I've got to have a block of time and strong motivation to read. I'll get to your story, I really will. Just not for a while yet.

Honestly, I clicked on your story the day it went up, but didn't read it because of the length. Nothing against long stories, but I like to finish a story in a single sitting. So for 16 pages, I've got to have a block of time and strong motivation to read. I'll get to your story, I really will. Just not for a while yet.

If you do decide to read my story, please wait for the edited version that I sent to the Novel/Novella section, as that will have the text that was missing from the original. It should be available any day now, as I submitted it on Saturday.

If you do decide to read my story, please wait for the edited version that I sent to the Novel/Novella section, as that will have the text that was missing from the original. It should be available any day now, as I submitted it on Saturday.

You mean now I've got to read 17 pages? Who are you, Marcel Proust? :D

You mean now I've got to read 17 pages? Who are you, Marcel Proust? :D

No, but I've read a lot of Stephen King.
If you check out the original version on pages 5 and 6 and I think page 9, you'll see the empty spaces where the text was left out. I typed the whole thing in Google docs (125 pages btw) and used italics to show the typed text messages between the characters. All the italicized words were omitted, but the space is still there, so the edited version will still be 16 pages.

I know that it is long, but I wanted a slow, heated build up, where the wife is really struggling with her emotions. I hope that you do read it and enjoy it. I knew that some people would automatically be turned off by the length, and that's okay. I've had many comments tell me to break it up into chapters instead of one complete story, but I've seen plenty of very long, complete stories that were highly rated, so I'll stick with that.

I recently removed a critical post from anonymous only because it was simply griping for the sake of griping. Since I do both the writing and editing I don't mind criticism, if done correctly it can help one write better, but simply whining because they can is the line I draw.

It was the first time I had to do that and hopefully, but sadly most likely not, my last.

Bit off topic, I know, but how do you remove comments? I can't seem to find the place where that is done.

Bit off topic, I know, but how do you remove comments? I can't seem to find the place where that is done.

If you click on the "View" button under "Submissions" on your author's page and go to that story, it lets you "manage" the comments. Meaning it lets you just zap any you want to get rid of.

I know that it is long, but I wanted a slow, heated build up, where the wife is really struggling with her emotions. I hope that you do read it and enjoy it. I knew that some people would automatically be turned off by the length, and that's okay. I've had many comments tell me to break it up into chapters instead of one complete story, but I've seen plenty of very long, complete stories that were highly rated, so I'll stick with that.

Nothing wrong with a long, emotional story. It just takes a bigger chunk of time, a different starting mood, and a different degree of mental energy to read. I do love some longer stories in LW, though: some of the chaptered works by JimBob44 & Ohio, and some of LONGHORN__07's stuff as well.

gotta strap the wrist up too, eh? :D

joke, please don't take it seriously ;)

Another always anonymous

I think the author might be well served by reading the thread titled 'always anonymous'. It's either in writer's resources, or in one of the forums. Personally, I think it should be a sticky--I found it immensely useful.

Oh, dude. I must've gotten the same guy.
Pfft.
Grr.
One zero star rating can mess up 40 4 star ratings,..... GRR

I'm reading your story:)

I just went to check on the status of my edited version, which I submitted over a week ago, and it seems to have gone missing. No mention of it being disapproved or anything, just gone. Don't know what is going on, but I've gone ahead and re-submitted the edited version a second time with a note explaining what happened.

My first LW story posted today, and I just read the first comment. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. It made my day. Is it bad that I'm a little proud of the 2.x rating it's got? :D

Back