Review Copies Available

RCButler

Virgin
I am offering free eBook review copies of the full Unbound novel for anyone interested in reading more than the Prologue and (soon) Outtakes available here. If you are interested, please contact me directly via a private message or by visiting the contact page at http://bulldogpress.ga/contact/

Thank you

So are you saying you have no intention of posting the rest of the story here and are just using Lit as a marketing ploy to sell the rest of the story?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's sure what it sounds like.

The full novel itself has already been traditionally published. I posted the Prologue to Literotica as it stands on its own and I have a series of original "Outtakes" which could not be included in the novel itself (due to timing, plot and other considerations) planned for release here over the coming months. These are erotic pieces that I wanted to provide to my readership and the general public and Literotica seemed like a good forum to do so.

I have had good feedback on the Prologue and a few inquiries as to the timeline for the other pieces and felt that some of those readers may be interested in free review copies of the novel itself while the other pieces are being prepared for release. Note, I am not marketing sales but rather offering free ebook copies for those interested in reviewing the story.

Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you for explaining that.

There have been numerous instances lately where an author has posted a few chapters here as teasers and then an "anonymous" comment shows up on the last one posted that the "rest of the story is available at Amazon, Smashwords, etc." Just makes readers leery of anything that is obviously the beginnings of a story but the rest of it isn't being posted here.

Thank you for explaining that.

There have been numerous instances lately where an author has posted a few chapters here as teasers and then an "anonymous" comment shows up on the last one posted that the "rest of the story is available at Amazon, Smashwords, etc." Just makes readers leery of anything that is obviously the beginnings of a story but the rest of it isn't being posted here.
And what's wrong with that?

(nOOb writer question)

Lit isn't a marketing site. Readers expect and deserve to be able to read the content freely and not be left hanging waiting on more content that will never arrive. In the case of my content, the pieces stand on their own and do not leave the reader waiting for a conclusion only available through purchase.

Don't writers market their stories and themselves out here? :rolleyes:

This is a free website meant to host your writings. What readers "expect" and "deserve" is a moot point, one that is created by you, and not the website.

I take it more like a sample of a paid book. You can read a percentage for free, but if you want to read more, you have to pay.

Authors have to eat, and they've the full right to create and supply to the demands of the readers as they see fit.

Don't writers market their stories and themselves out here? :rolleyes:

This is a free website meant to host your writings. What readers "expect" and "deserve" is a moot point, one that is created by you, and not the website.

I take it more like a sample of a paid book. You can read a percentage for free, but if you want to read more, you have to pay.

Authors have to eat, and they've the full right to create and supply to the demands of the readers as they see fit.

Sorry, but that is utter bullshit! Marketing yourself and your other paid works is one thing...luring people in, hooking them, and then doing the "Want the rest, ya gotta pay" is a whole other.

Lit is not here to be a "story preview ~ bait-and-switch operation" and I'm willing to bet Laurel feels the same way about it. And the authors that pull that kind of crap.

Sorry, but that is utter bullshit! Marketing yourself and your other paid works is one thing...luring people in, hooking them, and then doing the "Want the rest, ya gotta pay" is a whole other.

Lit is not here to be a "story preview ~ bait-and-switch operation" and I'm willing to bet Laurel feels the same way about it. And the authors that pull that kind of crap.
Could be, couldn't be. I haven't tried that yet, so I can't say anything. :D

My point is, if an author says right at the beginning that the full story isn't going to be here, and the readers go through it nonetheless, is it the fault of the author?

I'm not talking about authors who say -- "Yeah, it's going to be here" -- but change tracks later on.

Could be, couldn't be. I haven't tried that yet, so I can't say anything. :D

My point is, if an author says right at the beginning that the full story isn't going to be here, and the readers go through it nonetheless, is it the fault of the author?

I'm not talking about authors who say -- "Yeah, it's going to be here" -- but change tracks later on.

Find me a story posted here that actually has that statement at the beginning of it. That's the flaw in your scenario...it doesn't happen.

It's nothing more than sleazy marketing that's capitalizing on the number of eyeballs Lit attracts. The problem is if this becomes rampant, Lit also gets a rep it doesn't need.

I've seen a few authors do that, so I'm not surprised if someone says "Pay for the rest" later on. LBGrant did the same thing. She wrote several chapters but pulled them off later and made it available as a book.

I sure don't feel happy when someone does that, but if you "change tracks" later on, I'll boo you off to hell.

Well, they don't state it explicitly in the story. That's not allowed. They say - check out my profile for more details. The whole shebang is in the said profile.

LBGrant, like Lee mentioned above, and TheLastChaosLord have done that and I'm sure these two aren't the only ones out here.

Well, they don't state it explicitly in the story. That's not allowed. They say - check out my profile for more details. The whole shebang is in the said profile.

LBGrant, like Lee mentioned above, and TheLastChaosLord have done that and I'm sure these two aren't the only ones out here.

What part of an "anonymous <cough~cough> comment" showing up on the final posted chapter directing the readers to where to buy the rest of the book aren't you catching on to?

No matter how many ways you say it, there is *NO* justification for this.

I believe the discussion has become a little sidetracked.

As mentioned, the situation with my own work is not one where a portion of the book is being posted to lure readers. I was explicit in both my bio and comment on the prologue as to what I would be posting and why.

That said, if any readers would like a review copy of the actual novel please let me know and I will see that one is provided in a format that works for you.

Thanks

Back