Blurt Thread III - Emporium of Unexpected Exclamations & Revelations

Lumbar puncture. Not nice at all. 🙄 😢

Feel better pretty lady.
fa43c12fc2180de4801694a674a79c0d--peony-rose-rose-petals.jpg

Baklava and show tunes. Babyminx is a saint.

Lumbar puncture. Not nice at all. 🙄 😢

Ouch! I hope that whatever they were looking for turns out negative. Best wishes!

Feel better pretty lady.
fa43c12fc2180de4801694a674a79c0d--peony-rose-rose-petals.jpg

That's a pretty big watch band ... wondering if he's compensating for something.

Wait ... I have one of those from waaay back when.

Baklava and show tunes. Babyminx is a saint.

I love baklava but can only eat one wedge in a sitting.

You can keep the baklava, I never could get on board with that, but I’ll come by for the show tunes and the peonies . ❤️

*gasp*

I'm sorry, but when I read that my first thought was Rick Randall circa about 198(?)

"I go to these people's house and they have a bowl of M&Ms on the coffee table. And there is dust on the M&Ms! What kind of soulless zombies are these people?!... You know the ones I mean. The ones who nibble off a corner of the fudge and are like 'oh, that's rich,' while I'm over in the corner with a four inch slab with my eyes rolled back in my head... That's what being an adult is all about! You can eat all the damn candy you want and no one can tell you not to!"

At any rate, I winced when I read what the white jacketed menaces are doing to you and have only the brightest wishes for a shinier tomorrow. Or would that be a rainier tomorrow? Whatever. You know what I mean.

3412213974_c489f78d9b_z.jpg

Daisy Mae woke me at 0800 because she needed to potty. So, I took her out and it was 22 degrees (Farenheit) out there. She managed to squat, but both of us figured that was enough and came back in and fought over the bed.

She woke me up again at 1500. Hey, if you can hold it longer than that, you must be human (and really need to drink more H20). Well, it had warmed up enough (34 degrees F) to start snowing. I kind of see her point. If I had to stick my nethers down in ice, I would think about holding it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuf4uJp3LM

Daisy Mae woke me at 0800 because she needed to potty. So, I took her out and it was 22 degrees (Farenheit) out there. She managed to squat, but both of us figured that was enough and came back in and fought over the bed.

She woke me up again at 1500. Hey, if you can hold it longer than that, you must be human (and really need to drink more H20). Well, it had warmed up enough (34 degrees F) to start snowing. I kind of see her point. If I had to stick my nethers down in ice, I would think about holding it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuf4uJp3LM

I take it that Daisy is a dog?

If not, I think some people may consider your relationship "unconventional”.

I take it that Daisy is a dog?

If not, I think some people may consider your relationship "unconventional”.

The running joke my wife used to make every time she came back when she would get out of bed for a minute; "Why is there another bitch in my spot?"

Daisy Mae would whap that 3ft tail a couple of times and roll over for my wife to rub her belly. :cool:

I think Daisy (and possibly my wife if she were here) would argue she is not a dog, she's a Princess with fur. (Damn spoiled brat.)

ETA: except for the whole Icy Twat thing.

I’m trying not to let me thoughts run wild but it all fits. ☺️

All I can offer are ears to listen, even if you don’t want to talk, a shoulder to cry on even if there are no tears left, an irreverent wit to bring you smiles even if you feel like there are none left, and a heart full of all the hope, and love, and well wishes you can stomach, plus 5.

And you don’t have to worry about that baklava, it was devoured by hungry college students and former father-in-laws. There is a veritable metric shit ton of cookies around though.

I've been having a really fucking shitty time lately with my health, and my lovely friend said something along the lines of that we could lay together and sing Africa. (You know, Africa by Toto). Now, this friend is almost as weird as I am so there's no point interpreting how his mind works but it got me thinking about this song...

*WTF is this song about?!!

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in, 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation

I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you"

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless, longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do what's right
As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti
I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
(I bless the rain)
(I bless the rain)
(Ah, gonna take the time)
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had.​

*Disclaimer: My current brain issues could well be causing cognitive impairment. Go easy.

Well, it depends on whom you ask. According to David Paich (who wrote the thing) it's either about a documentary he watched one night and what he thought he might do to ease the pain and suffering of the people OR it's about having to choose between a girl and the land. (I think how much he's had to drink decides which explanation you get to hear.)

HOWEVER, for those of us young/old enough... "Africa" by Toto is an anthem of a simpler time when we were more worried about having a little fun and the possibility of getting laid while we lounged on the trans am's hood with our best girl looking at the stars. Or maybe just daydreaming about the marks we would one day leave on the world (for those of us too awkward to have a girlfriend. :eek: )

*(ETA; Are we SURE he meant the 1982 version by Toto and not THIS ONE?)

Last edited:
Back