The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Well mine is up and BOY did I miscalculate. I should have figured when Ogg's great stories last time around did so poorly that historical stories just don't get over.
I guess I better go back to my original idea.
 
Well mine is up and BOY did I miscalculate. I should have figured when Ogg's great stories last time around did so poorly that historical stories just don't get over.
I guess I better go back to my original idea.

Give it time. this is a slow starting contest it looks like.
 
Give it time. this is a slow starting contest it looks like.

Yeah it does seem to be going slowly. I still think I should try another story in a different style and see if it better received.
 
excellant! we can now clear out the last piece of garbage before tthe weekend begins!

hio43kpa.jpg

oui monsieur tex you are a racist peeg! Un vrai cochon! Merde embulante!

The following is post # 1204 on the a.i.r. contest support thread. Our AHland racist also posted exactly the same thing in posts #1001, 1004, 1008, 1010, 1012, 1015, 1022, 1024, 1026, 1030, 1034, 1044, 1046, 1051, 1055, 1061, 1065, 1068, 1075, 1076, 1078, 1104, 1120, 1123, 1128, 1133, 1140, 1142, 1146, 1152, 1155, 1157, 1162, 1168, 1170, 1172, 1175, 1176, 1179, 1181, 1188, 1191, 1194, 1196, 1198 and now 1204. The same post EIGHT times on the first page. FIVE on the next page! SIX on the third page! TWO times on the fourth. THREE on the fifth page. FIVE on the sixth. EIGHT on the seventh page. EIGHTH on the eighth page. Now we’re off tto the races on the ninth page.The same post 46 times. He's now up to 259 times posting the same thing OVERALL (unless I’ve missed a few). Mind you this isn't a record for him.

So unfortunately I’m forced to share his disgusting posts on this thread. And of course there are no free rides for enablers. Sorry…

image.php
image.php
image.php

enabling hate in AHland? Why?

Why would our tiger lily threadmistress stand with the stupid people? Simple jealousy? I guess the a.i.r. thread has been making hers look bad...

post #1204 on the A.I.R. Contest Support Thread. Let's all look at our AHland racists posts. We're prepared to expose him for what he is...sad really...

image.php

[size=+1]Please join with me and read my Winter Holiday Contest Story: Christmas Present! [/size]
okay i didn't really write it but it is sooooo good!
fucktard1.jpg

Yes I think that just about covers tex’s qualities…

[SIZE="+3"] WELCOME TO THE FAKE CONTEST THREAD. A.I.R. RUNS THE MOST HONEST CONTESTS – THANKS. [/SIZE]
made-up-fucktard2.jpg


But for information and support of the A.I.R. Summer Lovin’ Contest, please go here:

the Authors’ Hangout LITEROTICA/A.I.R. 2012-2015 Themed Contests Support Thread…
 
You're not even close scouries to clearing anything. The more you post on your fake contest thread the more I will post the message that it is fake on it.

Now back to the real contest already in progress.
 
I recant my statement and accept that my story started weak and uninteresting and that is why it isn't doing so great. I overthought the crap out of it and it suffered because of it.
My apologies to anyone I offended.
 
I recant my statement and accept that my story started weak and uninteresting and that is why it isn't doing so great. I overthought the crap out of it and it suffered because of it.
My apologies to anyone I offended.

Don't ever make excuses. Just keep writing and submitting.

(This is a corollary of my "Don't put defensive explanation slugs on top of it.)
 
Don't ever make excuses. Just keep writing and submitting.

(This is a corollary of my "Don't put defensive explanation slugs on top of it.)

Exactly, I was making excuses and I shouldn't have. I'm owning my shit.
 
Funny you should mention that. I was just sitting down to do them. :)

I thought my stats were a bit spammy last time, so I thought I would post them less often. I still get the stats daily (as you will see) and I can post daily, but maybe weekly or twice weekly is all that is really needed.

I would suggest a condensed version daily, and perhaps the full version once a week.

What I always posted was total number of stories with occasional updates of # of categories represented + average, median, and total for score, vote total, views, pcs, and favorites.

That doesn't take up too much space on a daily basis. Then for more detail on how some categories skew, the weekly expanded update would demonstrate that.

I was planning to write on my second story for a bit and begin editing on the first, but I just got home from a thirteen hour shift and fuck a bunch of that. I'm vegetating.
 
My story went up a few hours ago. I didn't think I would have one ready because of NaNo, but that wasn't going the best, so I took time out to write the contest piece.

It's one page . . . non-erotic . . .
 
Finally finished my proofread of the final manuscript for my novel. I sent it along with the cover along and now I'm done.

So after a celebratory shot of JD (or two;)) I'm going to try to start my entry.

I decided to ditch the bdsm aspects and just go with a playful group story.
 
Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The mountebanks tell me that there are 30 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.20 from an average of 209 votes. Stories had an average of 19,549 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 0.98%. The average number of pages is 2.4, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 5,451 votes, 586,490 views, 203 favorites and 247 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.20) is 0.37 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 209) is 243. The median score is 4.18, the median number of votes is 118 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.49 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.83 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 10 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 9 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 0 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 90 votes swept, being an average of 9 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).


Categories entered (alphabetic order)

  • BDSM (2 stories)
  • Erotic Couplings (3 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (1 story)
  • Gay Male (4 stories)
  • Group Sex (4 stories)
  • Incest/Taboo (5 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (3 stories)
  • Loving Wives (1 story)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (2 stories)
  • Romance (1 story)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today


Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, Belongs2Beth, BenLong, Cinner (2), HeyAll, inqusitivepuppy, JayDavid, kms1987, LaRascasse, luvthedesserts, MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), sirhugs, sr71plt (3), TinyBeth, TxRad (2), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), Zrnko_Pisku

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

  • The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012
 
There are five GM entries thus far, not four. You missed recording mine of the 16th.
 
There are five GM entries thus far, not four. You missed recording mine of the 16th.

May not be counting the brand new ones, as you can't really gather any stats for them anyway. I used to count them in the total stories, but ignore them for all averages, etc.

Could be on purpose for that reason, an oversight in the script, or just a plain ol' typo.
 
May not be counting the brand new ones, as you can't really gather any stats for them anyway. I used to count them in the total stories, but ignore them for all averages, etc.

Could be on purpose for that reason, an oversight in the script, or just a plain ol' typo.

Tilt. The 16th isn't brand new. Today's the 17th. Yesterday two stories were listed in SS report for the 16h. There were three stories. Today, that third story still isn't in the stats. No big deal, but it's been dropped from the records, which throws all of the stats off.
 
Tilt. The 16th isn't brand new. Today's the 17th. Yesterday two stories were listed in SS report for the 16h. There were three stories. Today, that third story still isn't in the stats. No big deal, but it's been dropped from the records, which throws all of the stats off.

Today is the 17th, but for the purposes of tracking, the stories released yesterday may as well be brand new stories.

The toplists haven't updated ( or haven't all updated ) to show votes on any stories released on the 16th, and neither have the views at the end of story pages. Score gathering is unreliable at best. The only stats you can reliably gather until at least mid-afternoon on the day following the story release are favorites and comments, which seem to update in near real time.

I always tracked at about 10 pm - 11 pm, but I used to peek at earlier times, and they seemed pretty hit and miss until at least 5 PM, using my own stats and other known stats as the baseline.

But, as I said, the numerating of the stories by category could be anything from an oversight to a typo.
 
Last edited:
istock_snobsm.jpg

There are five GM entries thus far, not four. You missed recording mine of the 16th… Tilt. The 16th isn't brand new. Today's the 17th. Yesterday two stories were listed in SS report for the 16h. There were three stories. Today, that third story still isn't in the stats

image.php


C’mon ace you can’t blame poor darkboy. First off he’s got to keep straight who’s posting – him or his ALT sunny boy. BTW I see he’s moved his numbers ALT to Australia of all places! So that complicates things…

…then you go out and post four Gay stories on consecutive days (which unfortunately means no A.I.R. Award for you in the A.I.R. Christmas contest) and every story has the word Christmas in the title. Darkboy didn’t know if he was coming or going! And he kept muttering to himself “it’s just not fair! The pilot’s stealing my cut-and-paste technique”.

Rainbow-Christmas-Tree-1.jpg


He probably missed the Xmas tree one – you know he believes he’s got the exclusive concession on “wood” stories.
 
Every other day, and I'm not finished yet. It was drastic, I know, but I'll do just about anything to stay out of one of your fake "contests."
 
Today is the 17th, but for the purposes of tracking, the stories released yesterday may as well be brand new stories.

What part of "he did give a list for the 16th and only put two stories on that list when there were three" don't you understand, Dark? It's all posted (Post #325). Research before making up excuses.

It's quite simple. I'm simple reporting that one of the GM stories didn't make it into his list and stats. I would have thought that was good information to get.

Suggest you stop trying to overthink this.
 
Last edited:
I just counted 30 stories on the competition page just then, and I reported 30 stories. Can you be more specific about which story is missing, and in what category?
 
I can't figure out what you're getting at, SR.

I just clicked every story on the contest page to check category, and I see 4 GM stories. Looking at the last two tracking posts, I see them both listing 4 GM stories. Looking at the release by day listing in the post you cite, I see 4 GM stories.

Everything appears to be in order.

Maybe it's a date thing? Remember, he's in Australia, and depending upon the time of day, it's already tomorrow there.
 
Ah, I see the problem. My "The Christmas Present Cruise" was submitted to the contest and was listed in the contest list on the 16 November New list, but wasn't put on the separate listing. I hadn't bothered to check the special listing for it. I've PM'ed Laurel about that. It is in the contest, though.
 
Back
Top