Goths

Saw the heading of Goths on the main board and clicked on it figuring it would be about Goths.....

Guess not.

I'll just toss in I love that look.

My sister and I we're both what would be called goth now, but this was the early eighties so we were referred to as everything from "disturbed" to stay away from them they're "bad news"

Saw the heading of Goths on the main board and clicked on it figuring it would be about Goths.....

Guess not.

My sister and I we're both what would be called goth now, but this was the early eighties so we were referred to as everything from "disturbed" to stay away from them they're "bad news"

Conformists.

Guess not.

In theory I'm a goth, along with a lot of my friends, but most of us have reached the age where it's just too much work to get the wardrobe together except for very special occasions. I respect those who still make the effort!

In theory I'm a goth, along with a lot of my friends, but most of us have reached the age where it's just too much work to get the wardrobe together except for very special occasions. I respect those who still make the effort!

Yeah sis and I are 48/46 respectively now and sadly real life requires toning it down somewhat.

However I still wear all black almost every day and have been doing that since I was about 14. My idea of a color is gray.

My sister still sports a bit of the "Elvira" look, long straight black hair and a lot of heavy eyeshadow on her pretty much Ivory complexion, but the wardrobe has had to adapt to a professional environment,

Sometimes you have to grow up a little.

My youngest is all out goth and has been since about 15, but things really have changed because she rarely gets any odd looks or comments and she's studying to be a social worker and even her teachers have had no issue with her appearance.

Yeah sis and I are 48/46 respectively now and sadly real life requires toning it down somewhat.

However I still wear all black almost every day and have been doing that since I was about 14. My idea of a color is gray.

My sister still sports a bit of the "Elvira" look, long straight black hair and a lot of heavy eyeshadow on her pretty much Ivory complexion, but the wardrobe has had to adapt to a professional environment,

Sometimes you have to grow up a little.

My youngest is all out goth and has been since about 15, but things really have changed because she rarely gets any odd looks or comments and she's studying to be a social worker and even her teachers have had no issue with her appearance.

I completely agree with what you are saying. I think its trying to combine being true to yourself and 'real life'. I was once a Goth , but now i have toned it down a little, i have a goth / rock chick vibe going on .

I think one thing that surprises people when they meet most goths or people into the gothic way of life , is how normal we are . Also we normally have a wicked sense of humour ...dark but funny :D

Thankfully most people now are more accepting and they see the person inside as opposed to just how someone looks . But as this OP proved ....not everyone.

I wish your daughter well with her studies :)

I completely agree with what you are saying. I think its trying to combine being true to yourself and 'real life'. I was once a Goth , but now i have toned it down a little, i have a goth / rock chick vibe going on .

I think one thing that surprises people when they meet most goths or people into the gothic way of life , is how normal we are . Also we normally have a wicked sense of humour ...dark but funny :D

Thankfully most people now are more accepting and they see the person inside as opposed to just how someone looks . But as this OP proved ....not everyone.

I wish your daughter well with her studies :)

Goths are like civil war re-enactors. Except in place of the civil war they re-ennact a Marilyn Manson concert circa 1994.

Goths are like civil war re-enactors. Except in place of the civil war they re-ennact a Marilyn Manson concert circa 1994.

tumblr_inline_n4uvpik2QK1qafrh6.gif

I'm gothy, have been for about 12 years. Black's my favorite color, I listen to dark ambient music, I like macabre shit. Oh, and I'm really excited that the "witch" style is in right now. I love shit like this. *A*

Ha ha ha! Thanks so needed that. Oh my goth as a thing of the mid 90s and Marilyn Mason thats a bit tail end of the whole goth scene isn't it. I miss the 90s Mansonits they were always so cute when they tried to be dark and frightening.

I've always been a fan of gothic style. Particularly the ribbed vault and the flying buttress. Notre Dame and Bath Abbey provide prime examples, and let's not forget ...

Oh wait ...

My bad.

I've always been a fan of gothic style. Particularly the ribbed vault and the flying buttress. Notre Dame and Bath Abbey provide prime examples, and let's not forget ...

Oh wait ...

My bad.

:D
Not bad at all.

Normally I can keep my inner troll to myself, but I hadn't said 'flying buttress' yet today so I had to jump on the opportunity.
IMNSHO, you are an asset to this community. Please continue your contributions to our inner (and outer) smiles!

IMNSHO, you are an asset to this community. Please continue your contributions to our inner (and outer) smiles!

TY, but I'll try not to interrupt the flow of this illustrious thread any more than I already have.

In fact, out of respect to the OP and considering that all the goths have now been gathered, shall we go ahead and have a moment of silence for that DJ?

Oh wait ...

My bad.

And this is how we see a Bachelor of Arts degree at use in the field?

Back