Goth, Punk, Emo, SG, Tattoo...Fascinating

Why does a tat make a girl "alt"? You guys are making a group out of people trying to be unique.

gate_keeper_by_RAlife.jpg

the_pull_by_RAlife.jpg

0ae199d6642adf667491d14b58e5243d-d4s1h0o.jpg

fullback_red_phoenix_by_bengkel168-d5e6772.jpg

megan__s_leg_sleeve_by_scottversago-d3j6sp7.jpg

poppies_back_piece__by_madamelazonga-d2xhvnl.jpg

abstract_tribal_back_piece__by_madamelazonga-d2xi1ot.jpg

Why does a tat make a girl "alt"? You guys are making a group out of people trying to be unique.

Just having tattoos in general doesn't make you "alt," but most people identifying as "alt" usually have tattoos. A somewhat specific style of tattoos (as well as piercings) in specific places. This goes along with the overall fashion style, music tastes and social circles of the alt person in question. Which do (and will) blur a bit in this age, but a definitive market and demographic has been structured along these lines.

It's not us doing it out of thin air for no reason. The group has already been made and we've already been indoctrinated into identifying it as such. The "alternative spectrum" has been going on since the mid-80s. The "alt" social niche market is pretty much two generations deep and all of this that you see here, which is nothing new under the sun, is just one facet of its evolution. But if you want the main reason for the contemporary ubiquity of "alt" tags for girls with tattoos, you can blame SuicideGirls. They didn't invent it, but pretty much started the surge under the Great Hipster Era of the yore.

As a Star Wars fan, I can appreciate this one. Generally as small tat can be cool and although I see a lot of the tatoos are very excellent artistic work, however I can't get my head around covering a beautiful girl with a whole gambit of tats, it just ruins it altogether.

Just having tattoos in general doesn't make you "alt," but most people identifying as "alt" usually have tattoos. A somewhat specific style of tattoos (as well as piercings) in specific places. This goes along with the overall fashion style, music tastes and social circles of the alt person in question. Which do (and will) blur a bit in this age, but a definitive market and demographic has been structured along these lines.

It's not us doing it out of thin air for no reason. The group has already been made and we've already been indoctrinated into identifying it as such. The "alternative spectrum" has been going on since the mid-80s. The "alt" social niche market is pretty much two generations deep and all of this that you see here, which is nothing new under the sun, is just one facet of its evolution. But if you want the main reason for the contemporary ubiquity of "alt" tags for girls with tattoos, you can blame SuicideGirls. They didn't invent it, but pretty much started the surge under the Great Hipster Era of the yore.

Most of these people are different the same way.:D

Back