Old 06-24-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
DanaGordon
Virgin

Illustrated stories?

Hi there,

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in partnering to add visuals to stories that I have? I think they would greatly enhance the stories. Also, I'm curious about the legality of drawing existing characters for the purpose of fiction. Anyway, let me know if you have an answer to that! I write office fan fiction and would love to have some artwork with the stories.

Dana

Old 06-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
THROBBS
I am Fauve

Location: In the Scaphoid (within the confines of my own HUGE fantasy world)
If you have posted any on LIT, post a link.

That will help people decide if there's a good fit.
There is no "X", perhaps some XXX, if one really wants to dig. most are gone. a few are currently buried...deep and in the "front end" of LIT
January, 2019

Old 06-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #3
ifluke
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaGordon View Post
Hi there,

I'm curious if anyone would be interested in partnering to add visuals to stories that I have? I think they would greatly enhance the stories. Also, I'm curious about the legality of drawing existing characters for the purpose of fiction. Anyway, let me know if you have an answer to that! I write office fan fiction and would love to have some artwork with the stories.

Dana
Whot is office fan fiction-
Please dont say its - 'The office' the comedy

Old 11-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
EdEc
Really Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifluke View Post
Whot is office fan fiction-
Please dont say its - 'The office' the comedy
Have you seen the original version of The Office by Ricky Gervais? He plays the character as a compilation of every bad boss I've had.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:21 PM   #5
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaGordon View Post
Also, I'm curious about the legality of drawing existing characters for the purpose of fiction.
Copyright in the original characters and their visual portrayal belongs to the creators - their willingness to protect their creations is the issue. It's far simpler to create your own set of characters, which you then own.

Illustrated Stories is a fairly small category on Lit, with a number of things running against it:
1) Illustrated Stories is the single category, there's no good way (other than story title) to clue readers into story content,
2) they get processed much slower than text stories (once every 3-4 weeks, anecdotally), probably because of the extra formatting stuff that needs to be done,
3) I imagine the production to-and-fro between artist and author would get tedious after a while - from what I've read, most content is where the same person writes and illustrates (I might be wrong, it's been a long time since I read any Illustrated Stories),
4) Lit is a text-based story site, as soon as you start visualising characters a particular way, you run the risk of readers saying, "Nooo, that's not what's in my mind's eye."

You probably should post drawings of your own and link to them here - so folk can see if there's any synergy.

I draw as well as write - but it's a lot of faffing about to get illustrated content going on Lit - you might get more interest from a Tumblr blog, something that's better suited to images.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions