Jenna Jameson is pro-life, attacks Planned Parenthood funding

Well, there was a time not that long ago that abortions s wee illegal and birth control pills, etc nonexistent.

I don't agree with him either.

I see nothing - absolutely nothing - wrong with abortion. Not a damn thing. I think more abortions should be performed. Unapologetically.

But to say that no one is anti-abortion is a colossally stupid statement devoid of reality.

No more stupid than saying there's nobody who's pro-abortion. Both are flat absolute statements not grounded in fact.

Well, there was a time not that long ago that abortions s wee illegal and birth control pills, etc nonexistent.

And if we aren't careful, that time will come again. In fact in some areas we are already there unfortunately. Not illegal - but unavailable and disallowed by service providers for moral reasons with the support of law.

No more stupid than saying there's nobody who's pro-abortion. Both are flat absolute statements not grounded in fact.

Actually yes it is more stupid because more people will glibly carry on about how anti-abortion they are than pro-abortion. Most people won't admit to being "pro-abortion".

I agree that neither are factually accurate. With that said however, there is a larger segment of the population that self identifies as "anti-abortion" than "pro-abortion".

And if we aren't careful, that time will come again. In fact in some areas we are already there unfortunately. Not illegal - but unavailable and disallowed by service providers for moral reasons with the support of law.

There might be a court ruling reversing Roe v Wade on constitutional grounds but it will have little effect on the availability of abortion. The politics simply aren't there and won't be in the foreseeable future. Whatever the Court displaces the Congress or the states will correct with legislation.

I'm anti-pro-life. (Also known as pro-choice for the more sane among us.)

There might be a court ruling reversing Roe v Wade on constitutional grounds but it will have little effect on the availability of abortion. The politics simply aren't there and won't be in the foreseeable future. Whatever the Court displaces the Congress or the states will correct with legislation.

They've already regulated too many of the clinics out of existence.

The problem is that abortion is used as a red meat issue by the power brokers.

We're kinda screwed. But hey, we'll just put 'em on welfare or in jail... right? :cool:

I agree with this 100%, but it has zero to do with overpopulation.

I would never call for more abortions. I think saying someone should have one is just as bad as saying someone should not. In my opinion anyone that wants to have one should be able to in a medically safe environment.

I would never call for more abortions. I think saying someone should have one is just as bad as saying someone should not. In my opinion anyone that wants to have one should be able to in a medically safe environment.

Thankfully when it comes down to that question, most people agree - that safe and legal abortion should be available. It's the other stuff that gets legislated though.

Thankfully when it comes down to that question, most people agree - that safe and legal abortion should be available. It's the other stuff that gets legislated though.

There now. These two posts are exactly what *I* feel should be available to everyone.

As a male and shit.

No it isn't.

This is my point. Abortion is okay as long as X. Or it's not a problem as long as it's Y. As long as it meets my moral criteria then it's okay. Or if it doesn't, then it's not okay. Or ridiculous.

Moral judgment.

And frankly, on the other end of it... abortion IS birth control. The most extreme and last resort method yes, but that's exactly what it is.

You're saying essentially that if a woman won't use BC and has to get an abortion - repeatedly because of that lack of BC - that abortion is not okay, is ridiculous. In that situation, frankly we should be encouraging those individuals to have abortions as they are obviously having issues with foresight and planning and aren't then really good candidates for parenthood.

We make a lot of statements about abortion that we don't really think through but are accepted because people are squeamish and judgmental.

Rarely do I speak up for Luk on here; however, since we have talked about birth control (given our relationship) I feel comfortable doing so. When he says no one is "pro abortion," I don't think it is coming across correctly. No one is getting pregnant just to have an abortion - despite (M)Ann's accusations because both of us have been vocal about our pro-choice stance. Instead, we have both been vocal advocates of not defunding Planned Parenthood because they provide healthcare services to women who are typically low income and access to birth control, which under the ACA is free.

Unlike what the OP and so many would have us believe, Planned Parenthood does NOT receive funding to perform abortions. If a woman wants an abortion, she has to pay for it out of pocket with the average cost being anywhere between $300 to $500 (even for a chemical abortion). That's a hefty financial burden for some. And I won't even get into what may be temporary emotional and/or physical burdens. And that is what why I think he means no one is saying they are "pro abortion."

In a perfect world, birth control would work every time, rape and familial abuse would never occur, unplanned pregnancies wouldn't happen, etc. But life isn't perfect and our government has decided that we, as women, know what is best for us and our bodies and has allowed us to make those decisions. If they want me to keep my moralistic judgment out of their need to have "all the guns," perhaps they could keep their moralistic judgment out of our vaginas.

ETA: I see he already responded while I was crafting my eloquent response. :rolleyes:

Rarely do I speak up for Luk on here; however, since we have talked about birth control (given our relationship) I feel comfortable doing so. When he says no one is "pro abortion," I don't think it is coming across correctly. No one is getting pregnant just to have an abortion - despite (M)Ann's accusations because both of us have been vocal about our pro-choice stance. Instead, we have both been vocal advocates of not defunding Planned Parenthood because they provide healthcare services to women who are typically low income and access to birth control, which under the ACA is free.

Unlike what the OP and so many would have us believe, Planned Parenthood does NOT receive funding to perform abortions. If a woman wants an abortion, she has to pay for it out of pocket with the average cost being anywhere between $300 to $500 (even for a chemical abortion). That's a hefty financial burden for some. And I won't even get into what may be temporary emotional and/or physical burdens. And that is what why I think he means no one is saying they are "pro abortion."

In a perfect world, birth control would work every time, rape and familial abuse would never occur, unplanned pregnancies wouldn't happen, etc. But life isn't perfect and our government has decided that we, as women, know what is best for us and our bodies and has allowed us to make those decisions. If they want me to keep my moralistic judgment out of their need to have "all the guns," perhaps they could keep their moralistic judgment out of our vaginas.

ETA: I see he already responded while I was crafting my eloquent response. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you did. I always enjoy hearing your perspective. You tend to have well thought out opinions.

I misunderstood him and for that I must apologize. I'd not heard that bit of insanity. Pro-abortion meaning women going out purposefully and getting pregnant so they can get a state paid abortions. That's a new one on me. The way I have heard that used - "no one is pro-abortion" - has been exclusively as a "yes but" type of argument. And it drives me bonkers. As I so aptly demonstrated. :D

An' shit. Yo. :cool:

:D

Exactly.

Gawd, I love thee.

I'm glad you did. I always enjoy hearing your perspective. You tend to have well thought out opinions.

I misunderstood him and for that I must apologize. I'd not heard that bit of insanity. Pro-abortion meaning women going out purposefully and getting pregnant so they can get a state paid abortions. That's a new one on me. The way I have heard that used - "no one is pro-abortion" - has been exclusively as a "yes but" type of argument. And it drives me bonkers. As I so aptly demonstrated. :D

She knows I'm terrible with words at times. The LukToFermToEnglish Translator was needed in this thread.

Exactly.

Gawd, I love thee.

She knows I'm terrible with words at times. The LukToFermToEnglish Translator was needed in this thread.

Is that a :heart: PDA :heart:?!? :eek: :D

And it's early still. Even for me. Don't care that it's after noon where I'm at. It's still early dammit.

I don't get to post to these types of threads as much any more since I do like to give it some thought when I respond. By time I do get a chance to post on Lit, my brain is mush and I don't want to think anymore.

Is that a :heart: PDA :heart:?!? :eek: :D

And it's early still. Even for me. Don't care that it's after noon where I'm at. It's still early dammit.

Even I'm blushing a bit. :heart:

What th-

...a rare Renard Ruse thread that actually turned into gold rather than lead with the intelligence quality of the subsequent posts.

Walter-White-Oh-God-Drives-Car-Away-Breaking-Bad.gif

Fuck, I'm gonna go play Powerball, ain't missing out on this harbinger of luck! :D

Back