As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where cardiology meets neurology again. Subclavian Steal Syndrome. I am digging for cardiovascular!
When the BP in the left arm= 78/46
When the BP in the right arm= 180//86

The cardiologist says: It is subclavian artery stenosis or aortic dissection, since the patient is still alive: I am guessing stenosis. :eek:

Where cardiology meets neurology again. Subclavian Steal Syndrome. I am digging for cardiovascular!
When the BP in the left arm= 78/46
When the BP in the right arm= 180//86

The cardiologist says: It is subclavian artery stenosis or aortic dissection, since the patient is still alive: I am guessing stenosis. :eek:
My bp is very low, usually somewhere around 100/60, 110/70. You get the idea. I was in a bad car accident years ago, and, riding in the ambulance, I heard the EMTs panic a little about how low my BP went. Something over "defib," I can't remember. I somehow thought to shake my leg, which I guess was meant to convince myself that I couldn't die if I could shake my leg. Then they started talking about my trembling leg.

Life is fun.

My bp is very low, usually somewhere around 100/60, 110/70. You get the idea. I was in a bad car accident years ago, and, riding in the ambulance, I heard the EMTs panic a little about how low my BP went. Something over "defib," I can't remember. I somehow thought to shake my leg, which I guess was meant to convince myself that I couldn't die if I could shake my leg. Then they started talking about my trembling leg.

Life is fun.
110/70 is the new goal, and that is a fine pressure. :heart: The body needs a mean arterial pressure > 65 to maintain organ perfusion. At 110/70 the mean arterial pressure is 83 and that is just perfect.
Maybe after the wreck in the back of the ambulance it might have been lower, that is worrisome in trauma: indicating a possible bleed, or shock.

I am glad they didn't 'defib' shock ya, and that you could 'tremble' shake your leg.

Life is an osmotic pressure system and we are semi-permeable membranes. :heart:

Cause the 12 lead whip has a heavy handle. Head Nurse is alright, but charge nursing is breaking my arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back