The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find the morning coffee at present.
And it's bl00dy raining !

Oh dammit, pass me a large scotch, willya ?

I can't believe it. It rained again last night! What is this, three days of rain in June in SoCal? Where are those Ark blueprints . . .

I'll just build it in my driveway and wait for the waters to rise around it . . . and the building inspector! :D

We're practically flooded here too. What materials do you plan on using? When I asked if they had any gopher wood at Home Depot they looked at me funny. :D

Yanno, I've never figured out what gopher wood was so since this in North America, the traditional boat-building timber is flatsawn white oak. Good stuff!

Of course, they may have given you the funny look because there's been a run on gopherwood lately. Blame it on Global Warming.

Yanno, I've never figured out what gopher wood was so since this in North America, the traditional boat-building timber is flatsawn white oak. Good stuff!

Of course, they may have given you the funny look because there's been a run on gopherwood lately. Blame it on Global Warming.

Heh! So much for using the original specs. I was thinking of cypress or mahogany as an alternative...hang the cost...I'll put it on plastic and I won't have to pay it back because VISA will be drownded. :D

Heh! So much for using the original specs. I was thinking of cypress or mahogany as an alternative...hang the cost...I'll put it on plastic and I won't have to pay it back because VISA will be drownded. :D

Go with cypress. Mahogany is great for topsides but doesn't have the strength for the keel and ribs.

Seems we're in good company. The word for the wood used in building the Ark is גפר. It only appears once in the Bible and no one has the foggiest idea what it was.

Really, really good! And you? Still arranging flowers?

doing very well... and, yep, still at it. ;) I've done so much this past week that my fingers and wrists are so tired it's taking me forever to type tonight. wedding work is tiring and time consuming... and it's got to be perfect or I don't send it out. I'm not going to be the one that ruins the big day.

Hmmm . . . something gentle to go with Chinese food . . . a light white wine, perhaps? And a double whiskey sour for Kimmee?

I've been houseworking up a storm and really laid into dinner. I made up chipotle chili in the slow cooker and baked sourdough biscuits to go with it. The were both delicious but I'm going to have to take a stomach pill in about another hour. If I don't I will be one unhappy bruin come 3:00 a.m.

doing very well... and, yep, still at it. ;) I've done so much this past week that my fingers and wrists are so tired it's taking me forever to type tonight. wedding work is tiring and time consuming... and it's got to be perfect or I don't send it out. I'm not going to be the one that ruins the big day.

You are so lucky to get to be surrounded by beautiful flowers all the time...sigh...I only get them on Mother's day, Valentine's and my birthday...sometimes Christmas....If I were rich....I would have fresh flowers in every room....everyday!

Hmmm . . . something gentle to go with Chinese food . . . a light white wine, perhaps? And a double whiskey sour for Kimmee?

I've been houseworking up a storm and really laid into dinner. I made up chipotle chili in the slow cooker and baked sourdough biscuits to go with it. The were both delicious but I'm going to have to take a stomach pill in about another hour. If I don't I will be one unhappy bruin come 3:00 a.m.

thanks, bear. :kiss: <sips drink>

You are so lucky to get to be surrounded by beautiful flowers all the time...sigh...I only get them on Mother's day, Valentine's and my birthday...sometimes Christmas....If I were rich....I would have fresh flowers in every room....everyday!

if I were rich... I'd send you some once a week just for fun. :):rose: <--see, there's one already. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back