Positive Campaigning ? Fixing the Demon-rats!

I don't where you Republicans get your "facts", but you're convinced of them as if they were solid. Obama never had these kinds of ratings. He was one of the most popular presidents (and still is) in history - and that's because when he was office he actually did things, "buttercup".

But what did he do? Gave us a massive corporate giveaway disguised as a health care bill, bombed more countries than any president since WWII, illegally overthrew the government of Libya, attempted the same for Syria, expanded mass surveillance of American citizens to unprecedented levels, personally oversaw the assassination of citizens of nations with whom we were not at war, including Americans, without judicial due process, enabled an 'economic recovery' for the rich while black Americans lost and did not recover the wealth they had accumulated since the end of the second world war.
What he did would have been instantly recognized as a Republican wet-dream up until the Clintons took over the Democratic Party, now it's suddenly 'progressive.' The fact that so many of the people Obama screwed still like him is of a piece with the adoration of die-hard Trumpistas for the president currently screwing them. In both cases, tribalism and wishful thinking win over facts and rational, informed self-interest. It would seem that the idea of democracy is founded on a false premise.

That doesn't answer me though, gents.

How does the Democratic party survive? Or does a Progressive Party have to develop? Establishment Demon-rats and Rethuglicans are equally evil to the nation.

Steele is whining that the Rethuglicans have lost sight of their principles. Democrats are in a tizzy, "Russia, Russia, Russia!" but where is their plan?

Hillary is History, what is the Future? Tulsi Gabbard, or Chuck Shumer?

Bernie and Tulsi would be my ticket for '20. I'm pretty sick of the shills we've seen for the last 50 years.

Here is a link to Matt's work. Chris and Chloe should read him.

I'd like to think that a focus on policy and facts woudl be a part of the answer. Then I remember ... In the Democratic Primary there were policy debates. In the Republican primary there was name calling and cock measuring by hand size.

I want to believe that strategically policy and facts should win out, but I am disillusioned.

Tactically - Sanders has to be embraced by the Democratic "Officialdom", the platform needs to move towards the issues of a broadly defined middle class and some of the old guard has to move aside, especially Hillary, Schumer and Pelosi. They need to just retire.

I don't where you Republicans get your "facts", but you're convinced of them as if they were solid. Obama never had these kinds of ratings. He was one of the most popular presidents (and still is) in history - and that's because when he was office he actually did things, "buttercup".

Obama's approval ratings were nothing to brag about, and would have been lower if not for the "slobbering love affair" of the MSM. Although not as low as Trump's, they were in the low to mid-forties for much of the time. http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/Barack-Obama-Presidential-Job-Approval.aspx

Talk about a slobbering love affair, have you seen Fox's "reporting" on Trump? He's got his very own propaganda station, and he's still where he is. Fox is the go-to station for conservatives. They're conditioned by now not to believe anything else, and yet, still . . . sigh . . . the Orange Clown is barely clinging on.

Nothing you can say about the so-called bias of the so-called MSM can come remotely near the lying lies of Fox. They're practically Russian.

Obama's approval ratings were nothing to brag about, and would have been lower if not for the "slobbering love affair" of the MSM. Although not as low as Trump's, they were in the low to mid-forties for much of the time. http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/Barack-Obama-Presidential-Job-Approval.aspx

Read through the above posts.

Now while I accept that this is a small political thread on an erotica website and the contributors can hardly be regarded as a representative sample of the population, hell, not even close! But it seems to me you Yanks are fucked. All of you. Your country is going down the tubes and the speed of travel seems to be increasing exponentially.

Great entertainment for the rest of us though. Keep it up. ;)

Read through the above posts.

Now while I accept that this is a small political thread on an erotica website and the contributors can hardly be regarded as a representative sample of the population, hell, not even close! But it seems to me you Yanks are fucked. All of you. Your country is going down the tubes and the speed of travel seems to be increasing exponentially.

Great entertainment for the rest of us though. Keep it up. ;)

New Zealand huh? Now I get where you're coming from. The light dawns on Chloe. Lol. Sorry, when I've been replying to you I thought you were American, didn't look at your user info before. I was there on vacation last year. Lovely country and yes, I can see how we looked to you. Had a couple of fascinating discussion with some Maori people we met in a bar we spent an evening in comparing nz and America.

As long as his ratings are better than the Cheetos King's - which they objectively are - then they'll always be something to brag about. Sorry, Charlie! :D

New Zealand huh? Now I get where you're coming from. The light dawns on Chloe. Lol. Sorry, when I've been replying to you I thought you were American, didn't look at your user info before. I was there on vacation last year. Lovely country and yes, I can see how we looked to you. Had a couple of fascinating discussion with some Maori people we met in a bar we spent an evening in comparing nz and America.

What was the fascinating discussion about, exactly?

Last edited:
Clinton Donors Have Picked Their 2020 Democratic Presidential Nominee

Since Hillary Clinton’s unexpected loss to Donald Trump, her donors have strategized with Democratic leadership about how to revive the failing party. Billionaire George Soros held a closed door conference with wealthy donors in November 2016 that addressed how to “take back power” and was attended by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. On the weekend of Trump’s inauguration, David Brock hosted a retreat for the most prolific Democratic donors to figure out how to “kick Donald Trump’s ass.”

On July 15, Page Six reported that Sen. Kamala Harris, a potential 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, met with top Clinton donors in the Hamptons. Many figures in Clinton’s inner circle attended, including Clinton’s 2008 Campaign National Finance co-Chair Michael Kempner, donors Dennis Mehiel and Steven Gambrel, and Democratic National Committeeman Robert Zimmerman. Harris also attended a separate luncheon hosted by one of Clinton’s top lobbyist bundlers, Liz Robbins.

Demon-Rats pick another first term Senator to duplicate Obama's usurpation of the Presidency!

Democrats Have No Message Because Pelosi and Schumer Never Needed One

In the 1970s, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer essentially inherited a seat in the New York State Assembly from his mentor, Steve Solarz, right after he graduated from law school. Throughout his political career, he has never lost an election, though his state, New York, is solidly Democratic. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi won a special election for her congressional seat in 1988 after Congresswoman Sala Burton passed away in office. She started her political career as a party insider, serving as California Democratic Party chair in the early 1980s before she was elected to Congress. Pelosi has held the seat ever since and has been largely unchallenged in primary elections. Her district is one of the safest Democratic districts in the country. Both Pelosi and Schumer have barely ever had to campaign for their elected offices. Because they haven’t been in tough races, they have not had to develop winning strategies. Their leadership roles stem from long political careers upholding the status quo. Their primary focus is courting donors: Schumer has one of the strongest alliances with Wall Street in the Senate, and Pelosi’s fundraising abilities are second to none.

As long as Chuck and Nancy get reelected it's a win, Right?

I really think it's too early to be pinning down a 2020 Democratic Party candidate, if for no other reason than it limits the time that the professional Swiftboaters have to do their magic of demonoizing them.

Kamala Harris has been fantastic, so far. Kind of early for her though.

Better than Bernie, I have to say.

I would like to see Chris Murphy run. Or Sheldon Whitehouse.

Why do you say, "Better than Bernie?"

She has a pretty good rep here in Cali, but she has not done much in just six months. While Bernie has decades of fighting the good fight, and continues to do so.

I'd prefer Tulsi Gabbard, but she is too anti-MIC and reasonable to appeal to the establishment Demon-Rats.

Doesn't matter who the Dems push so long as they remain a corporate party. Anyone seen as owned by today's robber barons will be slaughtered by yet another Guppy turd lying about how they'll help all them poor patriots humbled by heathen migrants.

She has a pretty good rep here in Cali, but she has not done much in just six months. While Bernie has decades of fighting the good fight, and continues to do so.

Oh, really? Can you give examples of effective wins of fights by Bernie--for the ten years he's been in the U.S. Senate?

He touts his work on veteran affairs, and veteran affairs are in a huge mess. What else?

In ten years in the U.S. Senate he has been primary sponsor of only seven enacted bills (two of which named post office buildings and one enacted Vermont Bicentennial day (whoopee do) and he has a "much worse than average" median present for vote record. Check it out for yourself. (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/bernard_sanders/400357)

How does "not done much in six months" compare with "not done much in ten years"?

To a large degree, Bernie Sanders's attempt to steal the Democratic Party and remain an Independent while doing zip to try to help Democrats win congressional races has put Donald Trump in the White House and kept the Republicans in control of Congress.

I like Bernie and his ideas, I really do. But talk isn't doing.

Last edited:
Oh, really? Can you give examples of effective wins of fights by Bernie--for the ten years he's been in the U.S. Senate?

He touts his work on veteran affairs, and veteran affairs are in a huge mess. What else?

In ten years in the U.S. Senate he has been primary sponsor of only seven enacted bills (two of which named post office buildings and one enacted Vermont Bicentennial day (whoopee do) and he has a "much worse than average" median present for vote record. Check it out for yourself. (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/bernard_sanders/400357)

How does "not done much in six months" compare with "not done much in ten years"?

To a large degree, Bernie Sanders's attempt to steal the Democratic Party and remain an Independent while doing zip to try to help Democrats win congressional races has put Donald Trump in the White House and kept the Republicans in control of Congress.

Bernie was an outsider in Congress, it is unlikely he had much influence, but he always stood for the right things and used his position to advocate for positive reform. He was ignored by the press and the "leadership".

Harris is in a position to do great things, taking over for Chuck would be good but unlikely.

The Democratic Party Establishment is responsible for Trump and the Rethuglican Congress. Princess Hillary is also to blame, Trump is a result of her inability to lead the party.

However we can agree that the current situation is untenable and concentrate on how to remove the Rethuglican scourge, which is what this thread is about. Obviously offering 'more of the same old shit' doesn't cut it. So, Pilot, what are your suggestions to make Democrats relevant again?

Bernie was an outsider in Congress, it is unlikely he had much influence, but he always stood for the right things and used his position to advocate for positive reform. He was ignored by the press and the "leadership".

Without a party, he's an outsider everywhere. He would be as president too. That's a choice he made. And the effect is that he has done practically nothing--which goes directly to the criticism you post. Not getting anything much done in ten years is no better than not getting much of anything done in six months. Wake up. Talk is not doing.

Bernie was for the bombing of Yugoslavia, the occupation of Iraq and the completely illegal war against Libya. These are your idea of 'the right things?' Sanders made various protest votes when his vote didn't matter, but when his vote was needed by the Dem establishment, they got it every time. He did sometimes demand more funding for veteran's services in exchange for voting to create more veterans. A more principled stand might have been to vote against funding the wars that made those services necessary.

Without a party, he's an outsider everywhere. He would be as president too. That's a choice he made. And the effect is that he has done practically nothing--which goes directly to the criticism you post. Not getting anything much done in ten years is no better than not getting much of anything done in six months. Wake up. Talk is not doing.

So you have no ideas about how to oppose the Rethuglicans? You have no ideas on how to make America respected in the world again? No ideas for ending the fucking worthless wars that are draining our treasury? No ideas on how to make our Government care about the people and not just their own reelection?

Last edited:
So you have no ideas about how to oppose the Rethuglicans? You have no ideas on how to make America respected in the world again? No ideas for ending the fucking worthless wars that are draining out treasury? No ideas on how to make our Government care about the people and not just their own reelection?

Hey, stop moving the goal posts. That's sleazy. Your "so you don'ts" are irrelevant to the point I responded to. And I'm busy watching the fascinating political events of the day, so I'm not going off on your side trip with you.

I commented on the single naïve blind spot you show on Bernie. You just can't understand that the man is all talk and thus a distraction other than having ideas to toss in that should be discussed. He tried to steal a party and thus helped the other party to win. And he did absolutely nothing to get people elected where it really matters--Congress. You and others have been naïve about how to actually get anything done in government. You think that having zippy ideas gets them enacted. It doesn't.

OK I missed out on the whole Bernie thing, but from what I've seen I personally, me myself, have yet to feel the Bern. I'm not a huge fan of his.

Yeah, I know nothing about her record. It's just a random thought. She seems to have more solid brain power and self-control and charisma, it seems to me.

I'm not as disenchanted with the D Party as some.

I'd prefer Tulsi Gabbard, but she is too anti-MIC and reasonable to appeal to the establishment Demon-Rats.

Seems to be a common failing, Yanks not recognising there is a world out there watching, laughing, and living in places without the fear, the hate and the killer cops. New Zealand, Canada without snow for 9 months of the year! LOL

Seems to be a common failing, Yanks not recognising there is a world out there watching, laughing, and living in places without the fear, the hate and the killer cops. New Zealand, Canada without snow for 9 months of the year! LOL

It's a common failing, I fear, thinking that the center of the universe is America. Less so on a board and a site like this but even so, unless it's not a US site or its obvious, I just assume American. Mea culpa. But now I know, a Kiwi. I was only there one week in the North Island but I loved it. Love to go back for longer too.

Hey, stop moving the goal posts. That's sleazy. Your "so you don'ts" are irrelevant to the point I responded to. And I'm busy watching the fascinating political events of the day, so I'm not going off on your side trip with you.

I commented on the single naïve blind spot you show on Bernie. You just can't understand that the man is all talk and thus a distraction other than having ideas to toss in that should be discussed. He tried to steal a party and thus helped the other party to win. And he did absolutely nothing to get people elected where it really matters--Congress. You and others have been naïve about how to actually get anything done in government. You think that having zippy ideas gets them enacted. It doesn't.

I set the goal post in #1. I know from long ago that you are a Hil-bot, I don't really care, actually, just as you don't care that I am a Bernie-bro.

My whole objective in the thread was to avoid sniping and get a discussion on how the Democrats can regain the respect of the country. How can they get over this concentration on donors needs and do something for the people that toil in the bottom 80%.

So Pilot you got any suggestions?

Back