Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 01-20-2018, 08:35 PM   #1
JerseyGirlDownUnder
Virgin

Editor wanted for inexperienced author; 4000 words, erotic coupling

I'm interested in finding an editor for my work. I'm quite new to Literotica and have published two stories (see https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions).

This story is now about 4,000 words, and was originally much longer with a back story and character development. It's a female first person account of public sex with a married co-worker.

Feedback suggested that the back story was just not sexy, and GET TO THE POINT. So I have tried to condense this draft, but I think it may still be too long.

I would like an editor to help with the overall content and structure, suggesting things to move or cut or what needs to be expanded. As I'm normally a scientific nerdy type, my writing style might be a bit, uh, abrupt for literature. I'd also therefore like stylistic suggestions. I'm reasonably literate and I think my semi-colons are in the right place.

I'd also like some tips on good titles and tag lines. One of my stories is much higher rated than the other, and I suspect that higher rating is due to people finding what they wanted to read.

Thank you for any help you can provide, oh Volunteer Editor.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
_Lynn_
Literotica Guru

Be sure to turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.

My Page
FAWC 2 Winner

Kink Bingo
Romance Bingo

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud
Maya Angelou

Old 01-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
JerseyGirlDownUnder
Virgin

Thanks. As you can see, I'm new to this!

Old 01-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
HeyAll
Literotica Guru

I can give a quick structural edit and advice, but no promises for catching all the typos.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
JerseyGirlDownUnder
Virgin

Thanks for the offer to help, HeyAll. I've had several offers of help via Private Message. With their help, I hope to improve.