New faces, come say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I am a 19 year old (going on 20 soon) straight female new to this community. Right now I am an undergrad working on my biology degree and scouting med schools. I want to become a pediatric geneticist so I can find cures for kid diseases and stuff. I joined Literotica because I have been reading stories (mostly BDSM) here for almost two years now and I have yet to sign up. Now I finally have the courage to do so.
I first noticed that my fetish is BDSM when I read this one particular story (forgot name) that made me fascinated with the lifestyle. I am currently studying the serious realities of BDSM, which is pretty intimidating, but cool at the same time. I am not sure if I want to try it out yet. I actually have no experience whatsoever.
I think I am a switch for the most part because I get off on both the D/s POVs when I read the stories here. I currently possess a pair of fuzzy handcuffs, two vibrators, and a blindfold. I have yet to use the handcuffs and blindfold because my exes had no sense of experimenting at all. They were shitty in bed anyways.... It really pissed me off because I wanted to experience what I enjoy most: dominating or submitting? Which is why I say I am a switch for now.
Oh boy, I am ranting. Jesus, I am really nervous right now......
It's really nice to see someone have a goal to find cures to childhood diseases. That's such a worthy ambition. And on the sexual side of the deal, I understand your intimidation with the BDSM world. On the outside, it seems rather scary, when you don't know much about it. But, you said you are studying it, and that is the best way to get your feet wet.

Don't make any real decisions just yet, about what you think you are. You might very well be correct in saying you are a switch, but keep an open mind for a while and I think you will slowly begin to understand what you really enjoy.

If you are a switch, you have more options than the rest of us to find a partner, but it can be difficult to find someone who also wants to switch roles as you do. I once knew a couple who were both switches. They seemed to be perfect for each other, but they did say they had trouble deciding who was going to take on which role.

Even though many people are switches, they do tend to favor one role over the other. If both of you favor the same role, it could be a problem. It's not necessary to find another switch, but you do tend to lose one side of your desires, by default, if you don't.

And even if you do meet another switch, because you both might favor one role, you could end up being either dominant or submissive, just because your partner favors the other role. And if you both tend to favor being dominant or maybe both submissive, that could also be a problem.

Some women are dominant with other women, but submissive to men. And some men are the same way with their gender. And there are some women who will be submissive to only one type of man...or maybe just one particular man, and tend to be dominant to anybody else.

Some powerful people in their day to day lives are submissive in their sexual lives. So, because they have dominant roles in their work lives, they might think they are switches, when they really aren't. Their mind is giving them a path of sexual release that equals the tension they deal with during the day. They can be mean, and tough and brutal in a business world, but once they are out of that environment and in their bedroom, their submissiveness comes out. Many corporate executives are this type of person.

So, it can be confusing, to say the least. That's why I say keep an open mind until you read enough to know what you really enjoy. But, if you are truly a switch, I think that does give you the advantage, if you're flexible about your role and your partner's role.

It's too bad that you've had less than promising experiences with your past partners. But, don't judge them on that alone. There is a stigma attached to BDSM and some of the connected aspects. NEVER hitting a woman is driven into most man's brain, from an early age. Unless they understand the whole idea of D/s, it's difficult for them to comprehend your desire for it.

And if they are truly vanilla lovers, well...they may never understand, assuming all women want is a soft touch, a loving caress, and a sweet kiss good night, after 2 minutes of the missionary position.

Right now, your new sexual world is really just beginning to evolve. And that's a very special place to be. All sorts of new thoughts, feelings, and urges to discover and explore. I think your fuzzy handcuffs, vibrators and blindfold will be getting a lot of use, sometime in the near future. I also assume they will be joined by other toys and such, too.

Oh, if you want more info on different topics as well as safety in playing, check out the BDSM library. It's currently under revision, but it's really taking on a very nice new look. @}-}rebecca---- , our current Librarian extraordinaire, is revamping it...and doing a very fine job.

There are thread links categorized by topics and all alphabetized so you can find and read threads about what interests you, quickly.

Explore and experiment, and enjoy.

hi my name is sidney. im a 26 year old female and a total submissive. this is the life i was meant to live. i guess i can't use my picture as an avatar yet. i can't find any avatars to put up. i guess im not allowed to yet :(. i hope i can make some friends here.

Love
sidney
It's nice to meet, you, sidney. That's a nice name. You say you are a total submissive and this is the life you were meant to live. It's nice to know your desires, isn't it? Some people your age are still searching for the meaning of life, let alone their sexual ambitions. It sounds like you are well on your way.

Oh, I think you need 100 posts before you can have an avatar. Isn't that right, everybody? So, post away...and in the mean time, search for one that's special for you.

There is a section on avatars in the BDSM library, if you care to check it out. It might help you with some of your answers. Because avatars begin with "A", they are towards the beginning. I've linked the avatar section for you RIGHT HERE.

Thanks so much DVS! I appreciate the detailed advice. My new main goal here is to understand who I really am and what I want.

Hi Kinkypet, nice to meet you.

I'm new to these forums too and very interested in getting involved with story writing, online roleplay, etc. I'm a dominant male who loves to play with submissive women, all sorts of roleplays and would love to get started in some collaborative story writing. I've been keeping an eye on the roleplays within these forums and will jump in at some point but please feel free to give me a shout if you'd like to learn the ropes with me!
So, not wasting any time, are you, GhostManUK? LOL. There's nothing wrong with that. You two roleplay nice now.;)

Hi folks,

I've been posting a bit, but hadn't gotten around to an intro. Figured maybe it would be a polite thing to do.

I'm 25, and have two great passions in my life at the moment: Tibet and cooking. I have a BA i Asian Studies, an MA in Tibetan and Buddhist Studies and after a year and a half of living in Tibet, will be going back to school this fall for a couple of AS degrees in culinary arts.

I'm really curious about BDSM. I, like many of the other new people, don't have any real life experience. I have been moving around a bit since I came back from overseas and realized I wanted to explore that part of me, so I haven't had a chance to get involved in a local group. I'm moving to North Carolina shortly, and have heard reasonably good things about groups there, so that will probably be my jumping off point.

Anyway, that's me. I'm hoping to get even more active with posting once my sex life is a little more active. I imagine I will have loads of questions.

Thanks,
M
You sound like a very interesting person, cloud_leopard. Tibet has become very intense area, recently. And, it's very much in the headlines, with the Olympics in China. I know everybody is watching to see what China does. China always deals with such a heavy hand, but I hope for a peaceful resolution.

And cooking? Now that is an area that everybody has an enjoyment of, I'm sure...well, eating, that is. Have you any desires to become a chef, or are you one already? Do you have special areas of interest? Asian dishes, perhaps? Asia is so diverse, when it comes to food. I'd love to be able to go there, just to experience the different tastes, alone.

I think you will add a very interesting insight to our forum. Feel free to speak up, when your interests are aroused.:D

It's nice to meet, you, sidney. That's a nice name. You say you are a total submissive and this is the life you were meant to live. It's nice to know your desires, isn't it? Some people your age are still searching for the meaning of life, let alone their sexual ambitions. It sounds like you are well on your way.

Oh, I think you need 100 posts before you can have an avatar. Isn't that right, everybody? So, post away...and in the mean time, search for one that's special for you.

There is a section on avatars in the BDSM library, if you care to check it out. It might help you with some of your answers. Because avatars begin with "A", they are towards the beginning. I've linked the avatar section for you RIGHT HERE.

Hi DVS. yes i know my life and my place in it. i am meant to serve. i have been in the l/s since i was 16. nothing makes me happier than to serve. i am secure in my knowledge of who i am and who i was meant to be. i thank you for your advice on avatars. And nice to meet you

Love
sidney

Hello all,

I decided to finally start posting more.

About me...I am a 19 year old sub and have only recently come into the world of BDSM. I have only explored online but hope to someday to have real life experiences with a Dom.

I am a Respite Caregiver/Community integration coach. Which means I work with special needs kids doing therapy and trying to get them out into the community to socialize. I absolutely love my job but it doesn't pay enough so I am going to college so that I can become a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant. My hope is that as a COTA I can continue working with special needs kids.

Someone PMed me about my handle on Literotica...because they recognized it so I will see if anyone else does. FFOTS is an Aussie slang term for Fling for old time's sake.

I am the product of a FFOTS...it has become a running joke in my family...lol maybe some of you are in the same boat.

Anyway I can't think of anything else to add. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all. - FFOTS4Life
I'm sorry I didn't see this post. Yet another who is doing fine work with kids. I didn't have any problems when I was that young and it really bothers me to see kids that do have issues to deal with growing up. It should be a time of fun and play, adventure and pretend. I also think it's very nice that you love your job, even though it doesn't pay well. Why is it that the jobs that we need so much never seem to pay very well?

I have a sister with Downs Syndrome. She's now 53 years old. Mentally, there are parts of her mind that are very mature, but also parts are maybe less than 10 years old, if even that old.

She kind of understood when our mother and father died, but death is something she is puzzled by. Our family believes there will be a time when we are all together again, and that's what we tell her. She seems to understand.

But it's not easy, when you see so many kids needing help. We didn't have any structured government help when she was young and my father took the lead and created the connection so she and others like her in our small town could benefit from government assistance. She had friends growing up and I think she really had a good childhood, considering.

Even today, she has a social life, with other people she sees in a social group setting. She's even taken a cruise around the world with this group. She benefits from people like you. It's nice to meet people who enjoy helping others. The need is there, I'm sure you know.

One of my other sisters became a Special Ed teacher, mostly because of my sister with Downs. She is now retired, after many years of teaching in another small town school district. You acquire something special, when your family is personally affected. You really can see the need when others don't always understand.

We've already talked a few times, in threads here. I just wanted to welcome you, in a more official way (like I'm some Kink ambassador or something...:rolleyes:).

Last edited:
hi all

i'm kinkypet. i've had no real life experience with bdsm, only played around with having a master online.

being owned is my #1 fantasy and control/bondage erotica is a huge turn on for me

i'm hoping to engage in some of the sexual role play stories after i get to know some people and become comfortable on the boards here
Hi, kinkypet. I'm not into the online thing, but many are, so I think you will find others to relate to, here. I'm also not really into the roleplaying thing, either. Geez, I'm sounding a little like a bump on a log.

I do enjoy other things, though...really I do. I have links in my signature to my areas of interest...just in case you didn't think I had any interests. Trust me, I have interests. LOL.

Anway, I hope you find a roleplaying situation that you enjoy. I know of more than a few posters that really do enjoy that, even if I don't. I'm the outsider, I guess.

And please venture out into the forum and join in on threads you find interesting. I might even be posting in one of them. We might find something we have in common.:D

You sound like a very interesting person, cloud_leopard. Tibet has become very intense area, recently. And, it's very much in the headlines, with the Olympics in China. I know everybody is watching to see what China does. China always deals with such a heavy hand, but I hope for a peaceful resolution.

And cooking? Now that is an area that everybody has an enjoyment of, I'm sure...well, eating, that is. Have you any desires to become a chef, or are you one already? Do you have special areas of interest? Asian dishes, perhaps? Asia is so diverse, when it comes to food. I'd love to be able to go there, just to experience the different tastes, alone.

I think you will add a very interesting insight to our forum. Feel free to speak up, when your interests are aroused.:D

Thanks, DVS. I am trying to be interesting, lol. I have been keeping tabs on how things are in Tibet since the Olympics started. I hear the people are very tense, lots of military out in the streets, but no one seems to be taking them on, thank goodness. I missed the riots in March by all of two hours, heard about them from a friend when I arrived in Beijing and spent the next several days terrified for my friends, unable to call them because the phone system was all but shut down, and myself unable to communicate--my emails and all messenger programs were blocked. I still get disconnected frequently when I call my friends there, so I limit that. It's scary the amount of control China actually has over there.

As for cooking, I am actually starting a culinary arts program in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to it. I will pretty much be covering as much as I can in two years, then it is back to Tibet to work for a friend of mine in his restaurant. Eventually, I hope to have my own restaurant in Lhasa--goodness knows they need a quality western food establishment there. I didn't realize how much I appreciated our cuisine here until I tried "western" food over there, lol. I was there for a year and a half, and dreamed about Mexican a couple of times a month the entire time.

I will certainly add my two cents if I can, where I can. I'm looking forward to digging into this site in the future, once things are a little more organized in my life. :)

im lonely. no body to talk to. Sir is out of town and im alone. But trying to make the best of it. How are you tonight, Big storm here also kinda creepy. Hope the power stays on.

Love
sidney

Hi, kinkypet. I'm not into the online thing, but many are, so I think you will find others to relate to, here. I'm also not really into the roleplaying thing, either. Geez, I'm sounding a little like a bump on a log.

I do enjoy other things, though...really I do. I have links in my signature to my areas of interest...just in case you didn't think I had any interests. Trust me, I have interests. LOL.

Anway, I hope you find a roleplaying situation that you enjoy. I know of more than a few posters that really do enjoy that, even if I don't. I'm the outsider, I guess.

And please venture out into the forum and join in on threads you find interesting. I might even be posting in one of them. We might find something we have in common.:D

i'm finding it hard to jump into threads that have like 20,000 replies
lol

thank you for the warm welcom

im lonely. no body to talk to. Sir is out of town and im alone. But trying to make the best of it. How are you tonight, Big storm here also kinda creepy. Hope the power stays on.

Love
sidney

Lonely? well we could chat for a bit. I'm just trying to relax and kill time a bit.

Tell me, what sort of BDSM things are you into, Sidney?

Lonely? well we could chat for a bit. I'm just trying to relax and kill time a bit.

Tell me, what sort of BDSM things are you into, Sidney?

Oh geeez. what do ya got ? i've been at this for a long time but something new always comes along to try. restraint is always fun. Bound and helpless. Exposed for whatever is to come. Oooo just the thrill.

Love
sidney

Oh geeez. what do ya got ? i've been at this for a long time but something new always comes along to try. restraint is always fun. Bound and helpless. Exposed for whatever is to come. Oooo just the thrill.

Love
sidney

Well, I'm fairly new to all of this, and not sure what all I'm ok with. The thing that really turns me on is getting a spanking. It may not sound very "kinky" to you, but nothing makes me happier than having my bf lay me over his knee, or perhaps ordering me to bend over the chair for a good spanking. I've never tried restraint, but I could see how that could be fun. My bf is always open and willing to try new things, so that keeps things fun.

hi kinkypet. i agree there is alot to sort through here. You could stay up for hours just going through one thread. hi anyway.

Love
sidney

Well, I'm fairly new to all of this, and not sure what all I'm ok with. The thing that really turns me on is getting a spanking. It may not sound very "kinky" to you, but nothing makes me happier than having my bf lay me over his knee, or perhaps ordering me to bend over the chair for a good spanking. I've never tried restraint, but I could see how that could be fun. My bf is always open and willing to try new things, so that keeps things fun.

Hey a good spanking is never out of fashion. Some times i'll act out just to get one. Just bending over and taking it on command. Wow. Never been tied and left to think what will happen next ? It's awesome. Your mind wonders. And the anticipation takes over.

Love
sidney

Hey a good spanking is never out of fashion. Some times i'll act out just to get one. Just bending over and taking it on command. Wow. Never been tied and left to think what will happen next ? It's awesome. Your mind wonders. And the anticipation takes over.

Love
sidney

I could see us trying restraint. When my bf found out that I fantasized about spankings but had never been spanked, he wanted to make my dream come true, with consent of course. He's always coming up with ideas to maximize our pleasure from it. It surprised me the first time how much it turned him on!

How long have you been into kinky?

I could see us trying restraint. When my bf found out that I fantasized about spankings but had never been spanked, he wanted to make my dream come true, with consent of course. He's always coming up with ideas to maximize our pleasure from it. It surprised me the first time how much it turned him on!

How long have you been into kinky?

i started at about 16 years old. so ten years. But it is much more full blown now. But im still learning. You never stop learning. Your limits expand and you try new stuff. Awww your bf sounds sweet. Let him make all your dreams come true.

Love
sidney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back