Something I need to be concerned about?

So I finally read through this. I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you.

I have turned down going with my husband on short business trips. One, I don't want to distract him or take away from his ability to get a job done. Two, while he's working I'd rather be comfortable by myself at home than pacing a hotel room alone. Something I fear doing is getting excited to go out as he comes back only to be disappointed he's too tired to really have fun.

If we're going on vacation, it's truly a vacation where we can both enjoy ourselves. It doesn't happen often and it's not to very exotic locations, but we have a good time together.

There are conditions for how our time is spent. While I love my husband, I won't get in his way while he's working. He gives me the space I need when I work as well.
 
What she wants to do with her life

She finally told me this morning that she realizes now that she made a mistake in getting married. Her true calling she told me is to become a missionary and spread the Gospel. She believes this is her true calling from a dream she had over 25 years ago, and now feels that God is calling her to act on her dream.
 
If someone wants to spend time with you, there will be no conditions on how the time is spent. It shouldn't matter whether you were on business or not. Just the fact that you were thoughtful and caring enough to invite her could have meant a great deal had she chosen for it to.

Thoughtful and caring, because he refuses to have a real vacation with his wife?

You have pretty low standards.
 
Back
Top