How to ... write a PM to a woman

Whenever I'm trying to pull off mysterious, I use hexadecimal. Works like a 63 68 61 72 6d.

Did I kill this thread? Or perhaps all that needs to be said has been said...

It was only resurrected recently by someone bumping it. I really only wrote it so I'd have something to stick in my signature to direct guys to ... I was getting bored of repeating the same things in response to PMs.

I don't know if this has been mentioned because I'm too lazy to read this entire thread, but I have found it's generally a good idea to PM a woman using a language that she is fluent in, or at least proficient. Unless you're going for that whole "mysterious" vibe, in which case I guess choose whatever fucking language you want.

I've never been PMed in a non-English language, so it was on my list. I am, however, extremely allergic to text-speak, and pretty much won't answer anyone who spells 'you' with one letter.
I've been thinking about writing a 'in summary' post for a while.

This has probably already covered, but (from a guy point of view):

• Don’t start a p.m. conversation that you are not willing to follow through on (presuming there is a compatibility). I.e., don’t just flake out without saying goodbye.

• Please identify your gender in your profile; these days it can be difficult to suss out and awkward to start a conversation.

rule of thumb: if somebody leaves their gender unspecified, that's probably because they're not looking for the sort of conversation where the other person needs to know their gender first.

Last edited:
Or you can just put the motherfuckers on ignore. Why waste anyone's time? And why spend time training the ones we don't want?

Why can't my inbox be filled up with the requests of mindless women looking to get off at my expense?

How not to

why do u like watching ppl?
and whats your asl?

I guess I write like a woman. Out of idle curiosity I did look up "asl". My guess is middle aged opinionated fart somewhere in America isn't what he's trolling for.

But for the record, I like watching people because people are fascinating.

I guess I write like a woman. Out of idle curiosity I did look up "asl". My guess is middle aged opinionated fart somewhere in America isn't what he's trolling for.

But for the record, I like watching people because people are fascinating.

Wow ... I'd forgotten about the term 'ASL'. So 2014.

I wonder if it worked back then?

It was a term used a lot in a much more feral chat site I used to use, in which that was about all the information you ever got about someone. Maybe it's still common in that context? Obviously people's profiles in here make it largely unnecessary.

Obviously people's profiles in here make it largely unnecessary.

Ah. My profile is not filled out. Apparently I am a mystery. Except the "Full grown man" bit (if the field accepted longer text it would be a Webb Wilder quote).

Ah. My profile is not filled out. Apparently I am a mystery. Except the "Full grown man" bit (if the field accepted longer text it would be a Webb Wilder quote).

If there's one thing I've learnt, it's that the guys love someone who's 'intriguing' ... even apparently if they're completely clear about things.

Back