"The Lady of the Lake" (closed)

CutiePie1997

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 22, 2016
Posts
1,359
"The Lady of the Lake"

(closed)



The Barony of Lake Platt
Northwest of Virta, on the border with the Unnamed Untamed (map)


The border patrols had pursued Tyr for the most of two days, but every time they got close, he used the increasingly more rugged terrain to evade them. The rider had been sent north by Chieftain Baldr -- now encamped on the outskirts of Virta -- with the message that the thousands of troops stationed on the north side of the border were to ride southeast with haste. The Clans of the Unnamed Untamed were, it seemed, about to begin their conquest of their first southern territory, spurred forth by the kidnapping of Baldr's betrothed.

But the poison flooding Tyr's body from an arrow that had pierced him, as well as the persistent pursuit by the border patrols, had moved him farther to the west than he could have imagined. Now, instead of heading for the crossing to the east of Lake Platt that Baldr's 2000+ Horse Warriors had used to cross the Platt River days earlier, Tyr was now heading toward the western edge of Lake Platt...

...right into the hands of the Baroness of Platt...

Lady Stella
(profile)

1qujbLF.jpg

Stella stood atop a tall hill to the south of the town of Platt, surveying her Barony.

To the south, she could see the lands that had once been part of the tax base of the Territory of Vint. Following the Falling Wars, the once proud and tightly controlled Territory was now mostly an assortment of independent Baronies. Some still proclaimed loyalty to the Territory of Vint and, thus, the Order of Vint, once the Known World's most powerful organization. But most operated independent of the Order now, with their Barons -- or in Stella's case, Baroness -- keeping all the power and wealth it afforded them to themselves.

To the north, she could see the Unnamed Untamed, what some simply called the North. Directly to the north of her, Stella could see Mount Platt, the towering mountain peak that gave her barony, the lake, the rivers, and so much more their name. It was so beautiful, particularly now in early Autumn as the snows once again began to decorate it with startling white.

Stella had always found it ironic that the North could be simultaneously so beautiful and so harsh. How did the Clans live there? For half of the year, their lands were covered by show and ice, and yet they survived. Oh, they traded with the south; and, when that wasn't enough, they raided it, too. Yet Stella knew that if her own people had tried to live that way, her people would be no more.

The Clans were the toughest, most ingenious of peoples, probably in the whole of the Known World. Stella probably would have appreciated and honored them for that ... if it wasn't for the fact that she and her people were now at a great risk of being invaded by and conquered by the North's new great king, a Chieftain named Baldr.

The leader's advance force had crossed the Eastern Platt River days earlier, raiding villages as they made their way toward Virta. Stella was certain the City was already being besieged, if it hadn't fallen already. And if Virta couldn't stand against the barbarians, how could Platt? No, war couldn't happen here on the Western shore of Lake Platt. Stella had to negotiate a peace with this Chieftain Baldr.

"M'lady, look!" one of her escorts said, a bit of surprise in his voice. When she looked at him, he pointed to a point at the base of the hill where a creek entered the woods. "Rider."

"Ours," she asked, already knowing the answer. Stella maintained a tight grip on her troops and their leaders, always fearful of betrayal. When the escort told her no, she ordered, "Bring him to the Keep. All of you. I will be fine."

In an instant, her four escorts were on their horses and descending the hill...



Several hours later, Stella entered one of the guest rooms of the Keep...

VQy9UqF.jpg

...to find her Healer still tending to the rider. Her initial desire to check on the man had met with resistance from the Healer, who feared that the man's fever might be the result of a contagion. Only after he'd discovered the wound and the evidence of a Darkness poison did he tell Stella it was clear for her to visit.

The rider had been stripped of his riding clothes and was now covered only from the waist down by a fine sheet of cotton while two servant girls wetted his sweating body with cool cloths. The Healer bowed respectfully to Stella as she neared, saying, "He's burning up, m'lady."

"Will he live?" she asked. After the Healer hesitated, then softly shook his head reluctantly, Stella looked to the Priest who was performing the Rites of Passage to Un over the rider, obviously doubtful that the heathen would survive much longer. To the priest, Stella demanded, "Leave ... leave! Your prayers are wasted here. Do you honestly think a man of the North wants his soul saved by you ... to end up living for eternity in the Fires of Un? Out!"

After the chastised priest scurried away -- head down, eyes diverted -- Stella moved to a stool one of the women set near the rider for her comfort.

"More cold water ... from my own spring," she told one of the servants, then to the other girl she said, "Bring wine and food. I will sit with him while the Healer rests."

"I will stay with--"

"Is there anymore you can do for him?" Stella interrupted. When the Healer told her all they could do was wait for his inevitable death, she sent him away, saying, "He will not die. You cannot kill a Northman with mere poison. Their Gods would not allow such a failure. Go rest."

After the others had left and only Stella remained, she studied the heathen intently. She'd given audience to men of the Unnamed Untamed often -- for trade negotiations or payment of tribute to prevent hostilities -- but she'd never been close enough to one to actually reach out and touch him. And that she did. She pressed the tip of one of, then most of her finger tips to him, feeling the muscles of his glistening chest, then his belly. He was solid, like the meat of a freshly killed deer. She traced the track of a nasty scar, wondering how he'd gotten it and -- causing her to smile -- whether or not he'd been able to kill the man who had given it to him.

Her gaze traveled to the thin blanket covering his lower half. She'd once eavesdropped on the chattering of the whores who had once served a delegation from the north and heard their descriptions of the Northmens' swords. Checking the door of the room first to ensure no one was at it, Stella slowly pulled the sheet downward...

Her eyes bulged as the cloth fell away from the rider's cock. Even flaccid, it was far more impressive than that of her now dead husband and even that of the Guardsman she'd temporarily taken as a lover as payment for his killing of said former husband. She simply stared at it for a moment, then -- checking the door again -- reached a finger tip out to it. She caressed its under side, up and down its length, then reached to carefully fondle the hairy sack below it.

Stella had never in her life been this curious about or this interested in touching a man's tools. Was it the fact that she could without the man wondering about her curiosity; or wondering whether she was going to let him shove it into her? Or was it the fact that she hadn't been with a man in almost a year and could really use some release?

She jerked her hand back suddenly as the man's cock twitched, then immediately giggled and blushed. A moment later the sound of footsteps in the hallway caused Stella to pull the blanket back up over the man's groin as she took a step away and faced the door.

"Take care of this man," she told the first girl as she entered. "He is not to die, under any circumstances." She reached into a purse tied to her waist, removed several low denomination coins, and pressed them into the girl's palm. "Find help if you need it, but ... keep him comfortable ... and alive. Ensure the Healer is in bed resting ... then bring him back at dawn to continue his work."

The servant with the food arrived, but Stella just told the two they could eat it while they watched the man. She headed back to her own quarters, had her chamber maid draw her a bath, then laid in the hot water while she drove herself to orgasm with knowing fingers...



Later ... much later:

A servant rushed up to Stella as she walked through the garden talking to an envoy from a town in the Fenwater. "M'lady! He's awake! The Dead Man, he's awake."

Stella excused herself and made her way at a walk -- but hurried one -- to the rider's room. The servants tending to him had come to call him the Dead Man because on two separate occasions he'd stopped breathing for almost a minute. He as now half sitting up in a pile of pillows, with the healer to one side redressing the wound. Stella gave him a pleased smile, saying, "It is good to see you not dead, my good man."

She waved the servant girls out, then -- after the healer had finished with the bandage -- shooed him away as well. She stepped to the end of the bed. "I am Lady Stella, Baroness of Platt, Noble of this House. And you would be...?"

After he answered, she asked a question she was sure he probably wouldn't answer, "And what is your business in the Barony of Platt?"

Stella listened to his answer, during which the length of his stay here came up. "You have been an honored guest of the House of Platt for eleven days."
 
Last edited:
Tyr had ridden hard but he felt himself falling further and further into delirium. He had been chased by new riders but had managed to foil them by riding into harsher environs where his larger horse could travel freely but their lighter smaller ones had trouble. Still he was getting pushed further from his intended path. He knew he would have to circle back and they would likely be waiting for him, but he had his horn and as long as he got close he could signal for help.

Yet as he got close to the river he started to slip in and out of consciousness and he had to tie himself to the saddle with leather straps. He gave the horse it's head and guided it more by memory than any true feeling. Finally he had succumbed to the poison and he had known no more.

He had awoken in a bed inside a stone room beneath fine sheets. He was weak and had trouble moving and beside him had been two women. As soon as he had tried to sit up, one had fled while the other had helped him sit up, piling soft pillows behind him then leaving. Shortly she returned with a man who had removed the covers and examined his leg. Tyr to had looked at his wound and had become worried. It did not look fresh and indeed looked days old. It had been tended well however and he knew he had this man to thank and whoever was in charge of this household. He recognized southern servants when he saw them. He had been in what were called castles before, when his chief had sent his Karant to collect tribute for not attacking a Baron near his territory. He wondered why this Baron had saved him?

The healer finished his work and was re-wrapping his leg in fresh bandages as a pretty woman in fine clothes entered the room. Tyr knew she was someone of importance. Only high ranking Southern ladies wore such things. She drove everyone out of the room and once they were alone she introduced herself.

"I am Lady Stella, Baroness of Pratt, Noble of this House. And you would be...?"

Tyr was surprised. He had heard of barons but a baroness!! That meant she was like a Chieftain. Never had he heard of such a thing, a woman chieftain. Still if she was she deserved his respect. "My name is Tyr Lady, Scout for the Chief Baldr."

She nodded and asked him a further question, "And what is your business in the Barony of Platt?"

Tyr thought long on how to answer this then answered as truthfully as he could. "None. I was traveling from Virta back North when I was attacked. I guess my horse must have wandered into your lands by mistake. I thank you and your healer for looking after me and fixing me up but I must be on my way. How long have I been under your roof M'Lady?"

"You have been an honored guest of the House of Platt for eleven days."

Tyr sunk back against the pillows all air leaving his body. Eleven days! Then his mission was a failure. It would be no use trying to complete it now. Obviously Baldr would have sent more riders out when his forces had failed to materialize at the appointed time, but more than that was the fact that he had failed his chief. Still he now owed this lady a debt and a rider always paid off his debts even if it was to an enemy.

"I am greatly indebted to you M'Lady. Ask anything of me and if it is within my power to do so I will be honored to carry it out."
 
Last edited:
(FYI: I accidentally wrote Pratt above. It's actually Platt. Oops.)

"Tell me of this Baldr," Stella responded quickly. She'd been hoping this man -- Tyr, a name she'd never heard before -- would survive so that she could ask just that very question. "I have been hearing his name quite a bit lately. The traders from the south and, dare I say it..."

There was a bit of playful accusation as she continued, "the raiders from the north ... they say that this Baldr is now a King. Is this true...? Does the Unnamed Untamed now have a single sovereign in place of its many squabbling Barons."

Stella gave Tyr a playful smile as she listened to his response, turning and very slowly walking around the bed until she was standing next to it, looking down on him. She had had a reputation of being a flirt with the Nobles, Envoys, and Merchants who visited the Keep during her now deceased husband's rule; and there had even been rumors of dalliances with a few men. They had, of course, been malicious and untrue, though the rumor of one with the daughter of a Fenwater Senator had, in fact, been true.

"Can I get you something ... Tyr?" she asked, allowing her gaze to conspicuously fall to his still bare chest for a second of so before looking back up to him. "Are you hungry...? Thirsty...? We have the freshest and sweetest spring water in all the Known World right here in Platt. Or ale if you prefer."

She called over her shoulder for one of the girls, then -- in a move that was definitely not ladylike of her -- sat on the edge of the bed, almost within arms reach of the strange man from the North. The girl entered hurriedly and took Stella's order, "Please go to the kitchen and get everything we have."

"Everything?" the servant asked. When her Lady waved her off dismissively, the girl turned and hurried away, mumbling, "Everything, m'lady."

Stella studied Tyr for another moment, again looking at the scar on his belly and asking about it. When he'd finished saying what he wanted, she knew there was more to the tale but she didn't ask. Instead, she smiled brightly and asked, "Are you familiar with a Northern drink that they call ... oh, what is it...? Kretch...? Kletch?"

After being corrected, she went to the door, found her Protector, ordered him to go to her room for the pretty bottle on the right of the case, then turned to return to sit near her guest. "I have been trading with a Chieftain who controls the lands to the north of Platt ... across the West Platt River ... what I think he-- what you call the Frost Bay River. A brutish man--"

She raised a hand and waggled a finger before her mouth as she donned a fiendish grin. "--with ugly teeth and an ever uglier wife." She feigned a shiver of disgust, then continued with a playful smile, "He traded me a bottle of this incredible drink, this Klatch, for a night with my chamber maid. She's a lovely girl, and some of the men in my Guard seem to enjoy their occasional nights with her..."

She was talking about very personal, very intimate things with the casualness of a fish seller explaining the difference between a lake fish and a river fish. "Personally, I think I got the better deal. It's an incredible drink."

She looked into Tyr's eyes, then ogled his chest. She pointed at the scar again, asking, "Can I touch it, m'lord? Or would I hurt you to do so? I certainly wouldn't want to cause you any pain?"

If he allowed the very personal gesture, she would trace her finger in it with more intimacy than a lady should show for a common soldier, particularly one naked in a bed in her own home. If he told her he preferred not, she would simply let it go.

The Protector arrived with the Klatch, and after he was gone again, Stella studied Tyr with a big smile ... then lifted the bottle to her mouth and drew a small gulp. Her eyes clenched shut as she grimaced. When she lowered the bottle, she nearly gasped at the burning exploding through her gullet and she laughed. She offered the bottle out to Tyr, asking, "Tell me more about your Chieftain Baldr. And begin with do you think he's a man I could trust as an ally?"
 
(FYI: I accidentally wrote Pratt above. It's actually Platt. Oops.)

"Tell me of this Baldr," Stella responded quickly. She'd been hoping this man -- Tyr, a name she'd never heard before -- would survive so that she could ask just that very question. "I have been hearing his name quite a bit lately. The traders from the south and, dare I say it..."

There was a bit of playful accusation as she continued, "the raiders from the north ... they say that this Baldr is now a King. Is this true...? Does the Unnamed Untamed now have a single sovereign in place of its many squabbling Barons."

Tyr thought about the response he should give. Would his Chief be upset if this woman knew that the Clans were now fully under his control? Yet he had also given his word to do what he could for her if it was in his control to do so, and this was something he could do. Finally his word won out. All clansman were taught that to break their word was worse than running away a coward. A Clansman's word was his bond even given to an enemy.

"Yes Baldr is now the Chief of all the Clans in the North. Never before has anyone been able to do this," he said with pride in his voice. "He has challenged and defeated all before him, until the few remaining swore to follow him."

"Can I get you something ... Tyr?" she asked, allowing her gaze to conspicuously fall to his still bare chest for a second of so before looking back up to him. "Are you hungry...? Thirsty...? We have the freshest and sweetest spring water in all the Known World right here in Platt. Or ale if you prefer."

Tyr nodded. He had been feeling hungry and thirsty since he had woken up. However he knew from experience that ale would not be good for him. "Food would be appreciated and just water for now. Maybe when I am feeling better I will take some ale but for now just water."

She called over her shoulder for one of the girls, then -- in a move that was definitely not ladylike of her -- sat on the edge of the bed, almost within arms reach of the strange man from the North. The girl entered hurriedly and took Stella's order, "Please go to the kitchen and get everything we have."

Tyr smiled at Stella. "You did not have to go to all that trouble. Bread, cheese and some cured meat would have been fine. Still I appreciate the lengths you are going too to make me feel comfortable."

He watched as she glanced down at his chest and stomach and then at the scar running along it. Most women and even men that saw him without a shirt commented on it and she was no different asking him about it.

"I got it on a raiding mission on another clan when I was younger," he told her. "I was only sixteen at the time and had been on several successful raids and thought myself invincible. I have always been a good rider and my eyes are better than normal as is my hearing, one of the reasons I was made a scout. This night my party and I were sneaking up on the camp of a rival clan and I was giving the all clear when a guard popped out of the grass right in front of me. The bastard had been sleeping and had only awoken as I had stepped next to him. He slashed out with his sword as I did with mine as I leaped backwards. His ripped through my belly, mine took off his head before he could alert the camp. Luckily my armor had stopped most of the blow but a little further and my guts would have stained the plain that night. As it was I have this reminder that no matter how good you think you are, things can go wrong because of stupid mistakes."

She smiled at his tale and then asked him "Are you familiar with a Northern drink that they call ... oh, what is it...? Kretch...? Kletch?"

"That would be Klatch M'Lady and yes I am familiar with it. there is two varieties. One for everyday drinking and one brewed especially for celebrations. The latter is most potent."

"I have been trading with a Chieftain who controls the lands to the north of Platt ... across the West Platt River ... what I think he-- what you call the Frost Bay River. A brutish man--"

She raised a hand and waggled a finger before her mouth as she donned a fiendish grin. "--with ugly teeth and an ever uglier wife." She feigned a shiver of disgust, then continued with a playful smile, "He traded me a bottle of this incredible drink, this Klatch, for a night with my chamber maid. She's a lovely girl, and some of the men in my Guard seem to enjoy their occasional nights with her..."

Tyr smiled. He knew the chieftain she was talking about. Baldr had challenged and killed him several months ago. He had been one of the last to go. He had indeed been a brutish man but he had lost his edge and had been no match for Baldr. If he had traded Klatch it was sure to be the everyday variety but that was still good.

She looked into Tyr's eyes, then ogled his chest. She pointed at the scar again, asking, "Can I touch it, m'lord? Or would I hurt you to do so? I certainly wouldn't want to cause you any pain?"

He was surprised by her request but he nodded his head. the scar caused him no pain at all and he saw no harm in allowing the one who had in effect saved his life to do so. it was a small request after all. He felt her finger lightly tracing the wound and it sent a shiver through his body. It was pleasant. no woman had ever done something like this before, most of them actually avoided touching it if they could. Now here was this beautiful, yes he had to admit it, woman sending shivers of delight through his body with a single touch. His cock began to stir and his face began to flush red with embarrassment but luckily she stopped as they heard footsteps in the hall.


The Protector arrived with the Klatch, and after he was gone again, Stella studied Tyr with a big smile ... then lifted the bottle to her mouth and drew a small gulp. Her eyes clenched shut as she grimaced. When she lowered the bottle, she nearly gasped at the burning exploding through her gullet and she laughed. She offered the bottle out to Tyr, asking, "Tell me more about your Chieftain Baldr. And begin with do you think he's a man I could trust as an ally?"

He almost laughed at the way she drank the Klatch and her reaction to it. maybe it was the good stuff after all, he would not be able to tell until he tried it and he would never do that on an empty stomach. He waved the bottle away. "Forgive me M'Lady, but I am not silly enough to drink Klatch without food in my belly. Once i have eaten I will gladly share the bottle and drink until you fall down senseless," he chuckled.

"As to do I think you can trust my Chieftain as an ally, that will depend on him. If he gives you his word then he will not break it, that is the Clan way. However you best do the same. If you break yours it is the worst crime we know and he will come and crush you. Not just you but your entire lands and every sole that inhabit them. When you give your word you are giving it for everyone you govern over, remember that when dealing with my Chief."

Tyr looked at her solemnly and then decided to tell her a little more. He did not know how things were going but he knew by now Varta must surely have fallen and his chief must be married so his plans must be becoming known. "Baldr has plan's for the south which will include your lands. I think it will be in your best interests and the interests of your people if you were to meet with him and see for yourself what kind of man he is and maybe swear loyalty to him and his Queen before you have no choice. I would hate to see someone as beautiful as you lost to this world."
 
Tracing her finger tip along the impressive scar affected Stella similarly to the way it affected Tyr. She wasn't the promiscuous type and had only had four lovers in her life. But touching this naked man from the north caused Stella to get all warm inside. If she could have mounted him here and now without the entire town of Platt knowing about it by sundown, she would have.

Tyr's answer to Stella's question about creating an allegiance with his Chieftain Baldr was pretty much what she'd expected. The men from the north may have been raiders, murderers, and rapists -- at least from the Southern perspective -- but, discounting the occasion raids on her lands that she thought the Chieftain to the north should have prevented, not a one of them had ever gone back on an agreement he'd made with her.

The food arrived and Stella stood quickly, telling her Protector to help Tyr out of bed. She forgot that the man was naked under those covers. She blushed, recalling not just that she'd been sitting within reach of that cock that she'd touched with such great interest days earlier, but that the others present had seen her sitting within reach of that cock that they didn't know she'd touched with such great interest days earlier.

"Find him something comfortable, and help him dress," Stella demanded of the servants now filling the table with platters, bowls, and jugs filled with a bit of every thing the kitchen had to offer. To Tyr, she said, "I shall return after you are dressed."

She nodded politely to Tyr and departed, followed closely by her Protector, to whom she immediately asked, "What news about this Baldr?"

"It is true, m'lady," the man began, following Stella as she headed for her own quarters, located at the opposite end of the Keep from where Tyr was housed. "This chieftain Baldr is now Lord of the North--"

"King?" she interrupted.

"Depends upon your point of view, m'lady," he answered. They chatted about the differences between the North and the South concerning titles; then chatted more about the awarding of such titles as well. "If you kill and conquer in the North, m'lady, you become an honored king who all come together behind, to worship and follow. But you do the same in the South, and you become a ruthless dictator who all come together to destroy and execute."

Stella knew that that wasn't entirely accurate, and even for some Southern Sovereigns who had risen to power via force, it would have been an over simplification. But she let it go for now, asking, "What's happening in Virta?"

"Unsure, m'lady,"

As they entered the foyer of her personal quarters, he stopped short as Stella continued forward through yet another door. With the exception of the occasional worker -- while Stella herself was not in -- and those three who had spent time between the lady's thighs, no man who had been inside Stella's bed chamber since it was first prepared for her at age 14.

"Continue!" Stella called from out of view as a pair of chamber maids -- alerted to her return -- hurried past the man to tend to their lady. "Is Baldr there?"

"Again, m'lady, unsure," he continued, the hesitance obvious in his voice. "There are Northern troops all about the territory of Vint and near the City of Virta, but it is unclear how many--"

"Guess!"

The Protector hesitated. "Thousands, m'lady."

"Baldr...?"

"I have heard that he is still near Virta, and I have heard that he has left. My sources are all reliable, yet ... what one tells me contradicts with what another tells me. I'm sorry, m'lady, but the information is simply unreliable."

Stella stepped out into the doorway of her bed chamber, wearing only her undergarments. The Protector diverted his eyes as she asked, "And this Chieftain to the north of us. Is he dead, as Tyr claims?"

"Yes, m'lady, that I can indeed confirm."

Stella disappeared again, calling out, "And what of these stories about a Princess from Fothala claiming to be heir to the throne?"

"Again true, m'lady," he answered with confidence in his tone. "She claims to be Lady Onya of the House of Mereth, daughter of the King of the Meretheni Federation, and rightful--"

"Yeah, yeah," Stella cut in. "Continue."

"Some are saying she is a slave to this Baldr ... that he has forced her into marriage so that, via their bastard children, he can gain legitimacy as Emperor of the Known World. Others are saying she has bewitched him into invading the south, into sacrificing much if not most of his great army so that she herself can be Empress."

Stella appeared in the doorway again, dressed but with her servants still tying, buttoning, and buckling her up. "And which do you believe?"

The Protector considered the question for a moment before giving the politically correct answer. "No honorable Southern woman of royal blood would align herself, particularly marry a Chieftain of the Unnamed Untamed to become Queen of the Known World. It would be a disgrace ... and the Royals and Nobles below her would not give their allegiance to such a woman. She must, therefore, be his captive ... his slave."

Stella studied her bodyguard as he spoke the words. She didn't say so, but she didn't believe him. She didn't think it as unlikely as he did that this legitimate heir to the throne would forgo the chance of taking what was hers simply because it meant that the man she shared her power with -- and likely her bed, too -- was a heathen from the north.

And the reason Stella didn't think it so unlikely was because she herself had often contemplated aligning herself with a powerful man from the north to press her own claims in Platt. The Order of Vint continued to deny her the title of Baroness of Platt, and the only reason they hadn't sent troops north to remove her from power was ... well, it had always been a distant threat, but now it was apparently camped out on a hill overlooking one of their more sacred cities.

Stella had gotten military assistance from her father, Lord Roer of the House of Abad, in the eastern reaches of the Fenwater. And she'd gotten financial assistance from her mother, Lady Ella of the House of Sutia, on the island of Suli in the Inner Sea. [MAP] But what she wanted was legitimacy, and she could only get that from the High Priestess of Vint.

So, Stella could understand and likely accept anything this Lady Onya was up to in order to press her own claims. Dressed and again escorted by her Protector, Stella returned to her quest's quarter, sought permission for entry, and looked over the food and drink, asking if there was anything more he desired.

But before Tyr had had time to answer, Stella looked to the two female servants who had been tending to his needs and said bluntly, "If either of these two suit your fancy ... or even both of these two ... you are welcome to them."

One of the servants -- the more promiscuous one from which Stella had overheard tales of Northern men and their tool -- giggled girlishly as her gaze dropped to the floor. The second servant -- who was hardly a virgin yet had never been given away in this manner -- looked first to Stella with wide eyes, then to Tyr with wide eyes and a white face.
 
Tyr had been dressed by the servants in loose fitting pants and a simple white shirt. he had no problems being naked before them having been naked before his own slaves many times before, although he knew these were more like the freeman of the North. Still he caught them both examining him and one of them casting appreciative looks at him as she dressed him. He smiled a little smile as they did. Well it was good to know that Southern women appreciated the same thing Northern women did.

Once dressed he sat at the table and began to eat slowly. He vaguely remembered times he had awoken and drank broth, but now his stomach grumbled, yet he knew after such a long time without proper food it would not be able to handle much. He sample what he knew and things he did not. Some he enjoyed and others he almost spat right back out. He saw the servants trying to hide their laughter at his discomfort and almost laughed himself. He would like to see their reaction to pickled goats eyeballs he thought.

He was just sitting back feeling full when Lady Stella returned. She asked if he wanted anything else but he assured her he did not, although she was not listening. Instead she talked over him offering him the services of the two servants in a manner that told him exactly what she was offering them for.

The one who had eyed him off while dressing him looked down and giggled but gave him a look that said she would not mind, but the other went pale, looking first at her mistress then at him. Tyr was a little shocked. He did not think this was the way things were done in the South, then he remembered she was used to dealing with a Northern clan and had probably gotten used to their ways. Offering the use of ones slaves was a custom in the North and she must have picked up on it.

He looked them over and was sorely tempted, but he was still too weak and his leg was beginning to hurt again. "While I thank M'Lady for her offer I believe I am in no condition to truly give my best performance to a woman, and I would hate to see a woman go away feeling unfulfilled because of that," he smiled. "Perhaps M'Lady would care to talk more instead. I have told you about my Chief, perhaps you could tell me how a lovely lady such as yourself came to be the ruler of these lands."
 
"While I thank M'Lady for her offer I believe I am in no condition to truly give my best performance to a woman, and I would hate to see a woman go away feeling unfulfilled because of that."

Stella smiled wide at Tyr's response, humored and surprised both. She looked to each of the women and discovered very different reactions: Cora looked positively relieved, but Emma expression -- which included the outward pursing of her lower lip -- was definitely one of disappointment.

"Out!" Stella ordered, "Both of you."

The two women hurried for the door, with Cora glad to escape while Emma peeked back over her shoulder and smiled broadly to Tyr.

"Perhaps M'Lady would care to talk more instead. I have told you about my Chief, perhaps you could tell me how a lovely lady such as yourself came to be the ruler of these lands."

Stella smiled at the man's casual compliment of her looks. She hesitated just a moment, studying him and contemplating his inquiry before gesturing him politely to a pair of chairs that sat near a hearth with a small fire in it. She asked her Protector to find Emma -- despite having just sent her away -- and have the girl return to stoke the fire.

"My husband, Jorfen," she began once they were seated. "He was killed in a hunting accident." The truth was that Stella had had him killed. "I have two sons by my dear love ... and one day they will rule the Barony of Platt. But ... until that day..."

She let that thought go, knowing that Tyr would understand that she was going to say that she would rule during her son's youthful periods. Emma reappeared with a great deal of enthusiasm obvious in her presence. She added some kindling to the fire, then a large log. Within a minute or so, the fire would be putting out twice as much heat and establishing a base of coals that would keep Tyr warm through the night.

Of course, there were additional ways for a man to keep warm, and -- whether Tyr wanted or not -- Stella was going to ensure he had some warm blooded company in his bed tonight. After Emma gave the Northman a flirtatious smile, then asked her Lady if there was anything more to be done, Stella told her, "Have Cora help you bathe. Use the Pink Bloom..." Stella looked to Tyr, adding, "You'll like the scent. Sweet."

She waved the widely smiling girl away, not caring if he objected or not, then continued, with a serious tone, "I am having ... let's call it an issue with the Order of Vint. The High Priestess will not bless my union with Jorfen. Politics."

She gave a dismissive wave as if not wanting to explain the reason. It was simple, actually: Stella and her now dead husband had both been from Houses that were formerly part of the Republic of Yalla; Platt, which had been a hereditary title and property of Jorfen's was located in what had been the Territory of Vint; and the marriage of two Yallan's had been intended to steal the Barony of Platt from Vint and turn it over to Yalla. Pretty simple. Illegal from the point of view of the Priests of Vint, but ... Stella wasn't a Priest of Vint, was she?

"Which brings us to you, Tyr," Stella said, smiling broadly to him. "To you and your King Baldr. I would like to extend to you, Tyr, the full hospitality of the Barony of Platt ... for as long as is necessary for you to regain your strength."

She leaned forward a bit, closing the distance between them as she looked deep into the Outrider's eyes. She smiled, telling him, "Then ... I would like you to go to your King ... taking a letter from me and putting it into his hand and his alone. In that letter, will be an offer of marriage ... between one of his high ranking Nobles--"

Stella assumed that, like the territories of the South, the Unnamed Untamed had its own Nobility Class. The Chieftains had been that nobility before Baldr took control of all the Clans. Were the Chieftains who were still alive still considered Nobility? Or was Baldr putting his own Karants in power?

She continued her proposal, "...between one of his Nobles ... and the Baroness of Platt."
 
Tyr watched as she sent the girls away and saw a look in her eye of Surprise and maybe just a hint of pleasure. Why would that be there he wondered? Still he did not have time to ponder that before she invited him to sit before the fire and had her protector summon back one of the servants to stoke it back up.

The one that returned was the one that had seemed to be disappointed at his refusal. her name was Emma and again she was doing everything in her power to get him to notice her attributes and get him aroused. It was working of course but he did not want to show that in front of his host. Then she sent her away to bathe insisting on her having one with Pink Bloom and telling Tyr he would like the scent. Was she not going to take his refusal and send the woman to his chambers later anyway? Well if she did it would be impolite of him to refuse such a gift he thought with a wry smile.

He listened as she explained how her husband had died after she had provided him with two sons and how she was to govern until they came of age. It was appropriate in these lands although he had heard that normally an Uncle or Cousin came to do such a thing. She must be well loved or a strong willed woman to be able to do such a thing.

Of course the talk soon turned to her intentions of why she had and was continuing to be so nice to him. She was having problems with the priests and more importantly the priestess of Vint. They had not sanctioned her marriage and so effectively the barony was not hers. Her plan was to ally herself with Baldr to not only protect herself and her people, but to make sure the lands became hers legitimately.

He was impressed. She was even willing to marry into the clan and put herself and her people firmly under his chiefs rule. It was a good plan and he wondered who Baldr would choose to marry her too. She might be surprised at what she was getting herself into though. She was a strong willed woman used to getting her own way. He wondered how she would adapt to being the wife of a Clansman that was used to the same and expected his wife to be quiet and run the household and nothing more.

"I would be honored to do such a thing M'Lady and my chieftain Baldr would most likely be very interested at your proposal. However if I may be so bold, perhaps until I am well we could talk some more and you could tell me more about yourself and your lands. it would help me if I could give a full accounting to Baldr of both so he could make a wise decision on your offer."
 
"I will tell you all you wish to know of Platt," Stella said, pleased at Tyr's willingness. She continued with obvious delight, "We will meet every day ... and I will tell you of all the wonders of the Barony. It is a lovely and fruitful land ... and an alliance between the people of Platt and the people of the North will benefit all greatly."

Stella stood to leave, though, explaining, "Please forgive me, but ... I have issues which need my attention. And you need rest if you are to heal quickly and fully and take my proposal to your King Baldr."

She'd abandoned the use of the title Chieftain in describing the ruler of the north, intending Tyr to understand her acceptance of Baldr as such a sovereign. When -- if! -- Stella ever met Baldr in person, she would likely find that he wanted to stay with the traditional title. Or maybe not, as she was marrying a woman who wanted to be Queen. But that was down the road a bit, so...

"If you need anything at all, sir," she continued as she headed for the door, "I will have a man outside the door for your convenience." She turned and smiled, a bit embarrassed as she explained, "He is armed, as all my Guardsmen are ... however, he is not guarding you. You are an honored guest, Tyr ... and anything you need ... anywhere you want to go ... anything you want to do ... you have only to ask. Please excuse me. Shall we meet for breakfast...? Two hours past dawn the still rising son creates a golden cascade across Lake Platt that is to die for."

They concluded their farewells, and Stella headed off with her Protector...



Tyr was, as Stella had promised, given anything and everything he needed, just for the asking. The other servant girl, Cora, returned a few times with food and wood, always quick to serve and even quicker to leave.

Then, as the sun fell behind the Northern Forest, the door to Tyr's quarters opened one last time for the evening. The Clan rider was occupied and didn't immediately see who had entered. When he turned he found Emma...

oNoF3GS.jpg

...standing near the foot of his bed...

...undressing...

...which took all of a few seconds.

The women of the Fenwater -- from whence the teen came -- were of a tradition that praised the smoothness of a woman's flesh. That meant that as she pulled her blouse up over her head and let the skirt fall off her hips, leaving her standing before Tyr naked, the only hair to be seen on her was atop her head beneath the crown of flowers she wore.

"If you do not like what you see," she said, smiling but still sounding a bit embarrassed by her forwardness. She continued, "I can leave and send Cora to you, m'lord."
 
Tyr had bid good day to Stella and then had spent the rest of the day in his room. He sent for some reading material and his weapons and armor, both of which were brought to him, although which request surprised them the most he was not sure.

He spent time making sure his weapons were honed to razor sharpness, then put them away at the foot of his bed, then examined his armor for any imperfections. Whoever had been looking after it had done an excellent job. It was well oiled and still supple after all this time, and the buckle he had been meaning to fix had been done. He was even surprised to find that all of the stitching had been redone and it was far stronger than before. Smiling he put it with his weapons.

He picked up the book he had requested and sat on his bed along with a small glass of wine and a plate of bread, cheese and meat. He began reading about the history of the Platt Barony and he was so engrossed that he only made a mental note of when the girl Cora came into the room to stoke the fire, bring more wood, or refill the jugs of water and wine and clean away the food and bring more.

He was learning a great deal about not only the way this place used to be, but the way the whole South was run when the door opened again. Assuming it was just Cora he continued reading until a floral scent hit his nose. Looking up he saw the other serving girl Emma standing at the foot of his bed. She was taking off the simple white dress and covering she wore to reveal she had nothing on underneath. His eyes bulged as he realized there was literally nothing. No hair where every woman he had ever been with had hair. He smiled in appreciation. Well this would be new.

"If you do not like what you see," she said, smiling but still sounding a bit embarrassed by her forwardness. She continued, "I can leave and send Cora to you, m'lord."

Tyr chuckled. "Oh I don't think Cora would be too happy about that now do you?" he asked her. "She acts as if I have some sort of disease she might catch. You on the other hand seem quite eager to share my bed." Smiling he looked her up and down and gestured her towards him. "From what I can see I have no objections. In fact it would be my pleasure to rise to the occasion," he chuckled again.

He began to take off his shirt then his pants and then looked at her. "I am afraid I am going to need some help with these. Could I ask for your assistance dear lady."
 
In response to Emma's suggesting that the reluctant Cora replace her at the end of his bed, Tyr said...
"Oh I don't think Cora would be too happy about that now do you?"

"She doesn't understand," Emma responded in a soft voice, nervous lips widening a bit in a nervous smile.

Emma did. Understand, that is. She understood very well that involving herself with this man who was of such great interest to her Mistress could only be good for her position in the Keep. If Stella wanted this man serviced, Emma was going to service him. And besides, she liked to fuck and had no qualms of doing so with strangers, so long as she was within the safety of the Keep's walls, with a big, strong, armed Guardsman just outside the door to come to her aid if necessary.

"She acts as if I have some sort of disease she might catch. You on the other hand seem quite eager to share my bed."

Her smile widened again, her gaze dropping a moment in embarrassment for being so forward. Then, remembering that she had not reason to be embarrassed, she looked back up to the stranger from the North ... and crawled up onto the end of the huge canopied bed to squat at the end. With her back up tall, her knees parted slightly, and her natural bush unnaturally mown by the finest of steel blades, her already glistening labia were on display in the illumination of the candles flanking his bed.

"From what I can see I have no objections. In fact it would be my pleasure to rise to the occasion,"

Tyr chuckled, and -- though you might have thought it impossible -- Emma smiled even wider. Having caught the man's eyes glancing down at her offering, she parted her knees another few inches, allowing the pink fold within the brown to be revealed more conspicuously.

Tyr began undressing, but laid back as he was and still suffering from some weakness after so long in bed near death, he gave up and suggested...
"I am afraid I am going to need some help with these. Could I ask for your assistance dear lady."

"Yes, m'lord," Emma said quickly, adding with a suggestive tone, "I am here to serve."

She knee-walked her way up Tyr's length, her bare, parted legs straddling his still clothed ones until she was squatted very intentionally over his groin. She lowered her weight upon his already obviously hardened sword, then -- looking into his eyes with a devilish look -- slowly helped him work the shirt up over his head and off to the floor.

She didn't hesitate to begin pleasuring Tyr, moving her groin to and fro over his still-contained erection, creating the beginnings of a serious wet spot on his bedding. As she stared into his eyes for a long moment and found him glancing at her young, firm apple sized breasts, she leaned forward and pressed a nipple to his mouth, whispering, "Bite me."

She continued with this for a minute or so, switching the nipples offered, repeating her demand that he bite her harder with each swap, and slipping a hand behind his head to hold him to her bosom as if fearing he might cease his feeding. By the time she was ready to move on, Emma had bite marks about both nipples that would fade to blue bruises in the day to come.

Suddenly, she let him go, backed off from his groin, pulled loose the tie at his waist, and worked to get his loose fitting pants pulled down just far enough to expose the engorged cock that her own Mistress had fondled 12 days earlier yet had not seen in all its true glory.

Then ... without a moments hesitation ... Emma lowered her head to Tyr's groin and -- wetting it all over with anxious tongue and lips -- took nearly his entire length into her mouth. As one hand grasped about the base of the stiffened beast and another rapidly fondling the tight seed producing purse below it, Emma began bobbing her head up and down quickly, taking the Horse Warrior almost fully into her warmth and wetness...

...not stopping until she received evidence that she had served the man to her fullest.
 
Tyr watched as the woman crawled up his body. The sight was mesmerizing as she smiled at him with a devilish grin while she only used her parted legs to 'walk' her way up his body showing off not only her small but perky breasts, but her swollen and moist lips. He licked his lips at the sight and was prepared to take the woman as soon as she undressed him but she had other ideas.

She helped him out of his shirt while grinding her mound against his rising erection. it was still contained within his breeches, so while it grew to it's full length it could not rise and became a little painful. Still the things she was doing to it with her lower body excited him and caused him immense pleasure. Soon his leather pants were covered in her juices above his crotch and although he still felt pain it was bearable because of the pleasure she was causing.

At the same time she thrust her breasts into his mouth one at a time, begging him to Bite them. At first he thought she meant he was to suckle and lick them, but as she became more insistent he realized her words were literal in their meaning. He had never done this to a woman before and he was hesitant at first, nibbling on them. Yet as she squirmed with pleasure and cried out for more, his bites became firmer until she told him he was getting too hard.

Eventually she pulled away and moved back down his body. He groaned at the loss of both her breasts and the pleasure he was receiving from her groin, but soon she was undoing his pants and gently pulling them down, freeing his 'Sword' from it's confinement. He sighed as it finally sprang free and he looked to her expecting to see her getting ready to mount him. Instead he saw her head moving towards him and he felt a different 'Sheathe' than the one he was expecting engulf him.

Letting out a large groan of pleasure his hands moved to grab the woman's head, working his fingers into her hair. Only rarely had he ever experienced anything like this. There were few North women that knew the skill (Or few that he had lain with) and the slaves that did were monopolized by the Karants and their favorites. He had been able to capture a few women on raids that had the skill but none had performed this well. He assumed it had something to do with the fact that this woman wanted to perform the act, while those others had been forced.

He laid back and enjoyed the feeling of his sword being taken into her mouth time and time again as she played with his baby makers below. The way she used her tongue and sucked on him soon had him ready to explode inside her. It had been awhile since he had last had a woman. Although slaves were available at any time, he had been so bust lately he had not had time to partake of any. He had a lot of pent up juices of his own just waiting to get out. Squeezing her head he arched up into her mouth and pumped into her several times before shouting out and releasing his load into her. He fired squirt after squirt into her mouth before it started to subside and he laid back down smiling down at her.

The little minx removed her mouth from him and opened it up to show him a large amount of his seed sitting inside of it before she closed it and swallowed it down, smiling the whole time. Then she completed the task she started and pulled his trousers off the whole way, tossing them on the floor. Looking back up his body her eyes widened in surprise then pleasure as she noted he was still hard.

"Ready to go again so quickly M'Lord," she gasped. "They must make you Northmen differently."

Tyr was not going to tell her it was because he had been so long without a woman. He just smiled mysteriously and gestured for her to crawl back into bed. A task she did with pleasure. Again she knee walked her way up his body, stopping at his groin, however this time she raised herself up and then impaled herself on his large sword, letting herself sink down upon it taking it fully inside her body.

He felt himself stretching her out and he plunged to depths he was sure had not been opened in a long time. The way her flesh clung to him and reluctantly let his member pass told him nothing had been this deep inside her for awhile. Once he was fully inside of her she sat still and allowed herself to adjust to having him inside of her, then she began to move, slowly at first then with more speed.

He laid back and let her do all the work. Already he could feel his leg beginning to hurt but he could shut out that pain. The pleasure radiating from his groin was far better than the slight discomfort from that.

Slowly as he worked out her rhythm he began to thrust himself up into her, burying himself further inside her while his hands made their way to her breasts and began to twist and pinch her nipples. As the pace picked up he had to remove his hands and grab her waist as she began to buck wildly on top of him. He thrust up hard into her and she screamed out as she came, however Tyr did not give her a chance to catch her breath. He continued to pound into her, pulling her hard down onto him as he thrust upwards. He was close himself and he was not stopping.

Emma sprang back to life and continued to move with him. Her hands were now firmly on his chest as she bucked on top of him. Again she moaned out as a small orgasm ripped through her but she continued to move her hips as Tyr's movements became more frenzied. Finally he could feel the juices start to move from his sack. Again he yelled as he buried himself as deep as he could into the girl and sprayed his seed into her. As he did her orgasm ripped through her. This one was more intense than the other two combined and she started to shake in the riders arms as her eyes rolled back in her head and she lost consciousness.

For almost ten seconds Tyr continued to pump his seed into the girl, then collapsed spent back onto his pillows exhausted with her laying across his chest. His breathing was ragged as he gulped in air but finally his heart stopped racing and his breathing came back under control. Emma started to stir and he kissed her as she awakened.

"Well little one, that was pleasant," he smiled. "Perhaps you should stay the night and we can continue this tomorrow," he grinned.

Emma smiled eagerly and hopped out of bed, releasing a mixture of their juices. Smiling she helped him out of the bed and expertly stripped the bed and remade it with fresh linen that she had brought with her. "A good servant is always prepared M'Lord she smiled mischievously. Helping him under the covers, she stocked the fire so it would burn all night then got in with him. Tyr cuddled up behind her laying an arm across her and putting his hand on her breast. Giving it a small squeeze he kissed the back of her neck and prepared to sleep. If he wanted to fulfill his promise he better get some rest, it sounded like he had just promised her a big morning and a Clansman never broke his word he smiled.
 
Warning: Lewd pic below. Don't scroll down if you are in a public place...



Midnight, or there abouts:

Stella finished her private and confidential audience with a messenger -- a spy, truth be told -- who had only been able to enter the Keep after dark. She tossed him a small purse of coins, which he bounced in his hand two or three times before noting, "More than last time, m'lady."

"And less than next," she assured him. "Spread it around ... or fill your own pocket matters not to me, so long as you continue to provide me with what I need to know about this Baldr and his troop movements."

The man bowed respectfully, backed a few steps facing her, turned, and -- escorted as always by two Guardsmen who would hood him in a lower passage -- made his way for the secret exit that would put him back out in the Town of Platt, ignorant of how he'd accessed Stella's home.

The news the man had delivered was both good and bad. Good because he'd discovered Chieftain Baldr's location; and bad because it wasn't one that was of immediate use for Stella. No matter. History and futures -- political and financial both -- weren't made overnight.

And speaking of overnight, she thought. Stella rose and headed from the eastern end of the Keep, from which her quarters overlooked Lake Platt and from which she enjoyed the more often than not blood red sunrises; to the west end of the structure, to the hallway outside Tyr's guest chambers. Stella stopped near the Guardsman watching over their visitor, asking softly, "He enjoyed himself?"

The Guardsman only smiled and nodded.

"Emma," she said knowingly, again getting a nod. She nodded her own appreciation. The girl certainly knew how to entertain a man. Before she headed off to the kitchen for a snack, she told the Guardsman, "When Cora arrives at dawn to stoke the fire..."

The big man again smiled and nodded. His Lady need not finish her sentence.



Just before dawn:

Cora stood before the Guardsman with a box of candles and oil for the torches, her gaze on the floor as she whispered, "Must I?"

"Your Lady has requested it," the Guardsman informed her. He said with a wry tone, "But you do as you please."

Cora hesitated, then took a single step closer to the door, indicating her readiness -- reluctant as it was -- to enter the Northman's bed chamber. Inside, she found Tyr laying on his back with Emma partially upon him, the bedding covering them only to their bellies. She lit and added a few more candles where others had burned to their base and been extinguished, then dipped a pair of cold torches and set them in their wall mounts for later lighting.

When she turned back to the bed, she found Tyr looking at her. Cora immediately did a small curtsey, wishing him a good morning and asking if he needed any drink or food. She hesitated, her face exploding with fire as she moved closer to the bed, standing just a foot from the mattress.

Emma awoke and looked first to Tyr, then to Cora. Her expression moved from tired to annoyed ... then to amused. She knew what Cora was here for ... and it excited her. Still naked, Emma rose from the bed and moved to stand behind the other girl, who was two years ahead of her in age but many years behind her in life experiences. She reached to the girl's neck, pulling at the thong holding her shift in place, then lowered it to reveal the second servant's even more delicious body...

tumblr_nzbwhen7yj1u993qjo1_500.jpg

Emma watched Tyr's reaction to yet another naked woman coming to his bed, then hurried around to jump onto it again, giggling. Holding one of Cora's hands, she urged her onto the bed, telling first Cora, then Tyr, "He is a wonderful lover, you'll like him ... and she is new at this ... so you will have to teach her. But ... I will help."

Emma moved Cora closer to Tyr, then moved around behind the woman ... caressing a hand down the servant's smooth, bare belly and into the natural dark muff of curls at the meeting of her thighs. A moment later, the trembling Cora's mouth opened with and she drew a deep breath as her fellow chamber maids' fingers found and quickly went to work on that magical nub of sensitive flesh...
 
Tyr looked at the new woman and saw the reluctance in her eyes. He looked at her body and his cock began to stir then rose to the occasion and he saw fear in her eyes. Obviously this girl had not been with many men and never with one such as he. However she was beginning to feel the effects of what her fellow servant was doing but still she gazed at him with that combination of fear and reluctance.

Tyr reached out a hand and pulled Emma's away and then looked at the gorgeous body of Cora and shook his head. "It pains me to do this, but I have never taken a free woman against her will and I will not start now. Get dressed and return to your duties, or if you will be punished for doing so sit at the table until enough time has gone by."

Tyr lay back on the bed and watched as Cora hurriedly pulled on her shift again and moved towards the door, then changed her mind and sat at the table. Emma meanwhile looked towards his groin with a large smile on her face and forgetting all about the other woman once again mounted Tyr. A look of pleasure came immediately to her face as she began to ride him and Tyr grabbed her hips pushing up into her, used to performing with an audience.

As the noises of their lovemaking filled the room,Cora watched fascinated and found herself getting damp. This Northman was not the brute she had expected him to be and as she saw how much pleasure Emma was in she started to feel a little jealous. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad. After all he couldn't move all that much and she would be in control.

As Emma screamed out her orgasm Cora once again took of her shift and approached the bed. Looking at Emma she motioned the woman to move and laughing she did. Mounting the big man she slowly took him into her body. He was bigger than any man she had ever had before and it took her awhile but eventually he was all the way inside of her.

The feeling of being so full was exquisite and she sat for a moment to become used to it before she began to move her hips. Soon she was bucking wildly on top of him experiencing one small orgasm after another chasing that one big release. When it came it was like nothing she had ever had before. It ripped through her whole body and sent her toes to curling. As she came down she looked at the man and smiled then began to move again. She wanted more.

Tyr spent the morning in enjoyable bliss. The two women took turns wearing him out until finally he could rise no more and they all collapsed in an exhausted heap on the bed. Just before midday the guardsman walked in to inform him he was to come and use the bathing chamber and dress in fresh clothes so he could dine with the baroness.

Extraditing himself from the bed and donning his pants Tyr followed the guard. He spent a good time in the bath scrubbing himself clean and then got dressed in the clothes provided before following the same guard to a new part of the castle and being ushered into a room whee Stella sat at a table with food and drink. Tyr bowed to her then approached. "M'Lady your hospitality is excellent and now I get to enjoy your company. What do you wish of me?"
 
Stella smiled at Tyr's comment, knowing that a warm, wet pussy -- two, as it were -- was about the nicest treat she could offer a male guest. "I am very happy to find you are comfortable, sir."

She gestured him to a seat opposite him, then poured Tyr a glass of thick reddish wine as the servant standing nearby put together a plate of food for him. Stella presumed he would be famished after a morning of energetic sex, which of course had followed an evening of the same.

"I am playing hostess to a visiting Noble from the Fenwater," she began, sipping at the wine and nibbling on small chunks of meat. "The people of his village have found a new way of processing the skin of reptiles. It's beautiful, really. He is bringing some north, and I am trading him fish from Lake Platt, the tastiest of the Known World."

As they sat, she told him more about the man, his wife, and the three children who were traveling with them, as well as about the Fenwater itself. She had no idea how much Tyr knew about the lands to the south and west, so anything that seemed not to be familiar or clear enough, she filled in when he asked. She found herself becoming very intrigued with Tyr, which led to her also asking questions about his home to the north.

"Are you a Noble?" she asked at one point, clarifying her question, "You have horses ... servants. Do you have title to land as well? Her in Vint, as well as across most of the South, it is title to land that distinguishes a Noble from a common Merchant, who may only have wealth. And wealth can be lost, making a Merchant little more than a peasant with fond memories of better things."

They chatted a bit more on the topic, then Stella finally let Tyr know why she was asking the question. "You have offered to show your appreciation for my saving of your life, something that I, in turn, appreciate. Once our business is done ... once you have delivered the message I have for your King ... I would be honored if you were to consider making Platt your home. I would provide you with land and servants to begin the construction of a home--"

Stella laughed, looking about herself, continuing, "Nothing like this, of course, but ... comfortable ... and secure. Of course, to possess title to such land and property ... and, of course, to marry a Noble women from Platt, or the Fenwater, or Yalla ... you would need to be of the Noble Class, as defined by your King Baldr."

She studied Tyr's expressions and response carefully, wondering about the thoughts filling his head. She knew he wasn't a Noble in the sense that the South would define it. But, what was noble anyway, in the true definition of the word. Riding north into danger for your Chieftain ... withstanding fierce attack, living through deadly poison ... showing your gratitude by offering to take a stranger's message to your leader. If that wasn't worthy of the title Noble, what was?
 
Tyr was enjoying his discussion with the Baroness. He was learning a lot about how things worked in the South. In truth it was very similar to the way it was in the North with a few exceptions. What the Clans did not have they raided for. What the Southerners did not have they traded for. As Stella talked and described the various lands surrounding the barony of Platt he came to see how they all worked together to support each other.

It was a foreign way to him but he could see the advantages. Men would not be lost on raids and in this fertile land crops could be grown and things built. He imagined having horses in a land such as this and smiled. With good grass and fertile soil to grow hay and barley he could breed magnificent horses.

While they chatted Stella then asked about his own status within the Clan. She was wondering if he was a lord because he had told her he owned horses and slaves. She then told him what was required to be a noble in the South and he chuckled a little at that. She then offered to make him a Noble if he chose to come and live in her Barony. It was a tempting offer, especially as he would then be able to marry a noble woman. He looked at Stella and smiled, perhaps even someone like her. First however she needed a lesson in Northern ways.

"My dear Stella, I think I should tell you a little of our ways and allow me to put it in terms you will understand. In the North we used to live in Clans each with their own King. Each King controlled as many warriors as he could draw to him. Most clans had at least two hundred warriors with a hundred warriors being controlled by a Karant or what you would call a Lord. Under those Lords there may be leaders of certain warriors like myself. I led the scouts for my King Baldr, however if I am correct I would be more like a Captain in one of your armies."

He paused to make sure she was following his story and continued. "It is the size of the clan that determined how many lords a king may have. When Baldr started his bid to unite the clans, the largest one had over fifteen hundred warriors and so had fifteen lords."

He smiled at her then began to explain the other parts of their society. "Of course we do not keep land like you do here in the South. We move around a lot because of the weather and so there is no need for us to own land. Instead a mans wealth is judged by the quality of his weapons, the quality and quantity of his horses and the wealth he shows in his tent. Of course there is also the amount of slaves he has to serve him but that is not a great factor. A lucky raider may have many slaves but still might not be rich," he told her.

"My King has started to change things however. There is now a small village, so some people live there permanently now and we are growing crops now. There is also a large corral where we are breeding horses in safety for the first time." His voice was filled with pride and he smiled wistfully as he remembered that village.

He looked at her and smiled. "I am honored you feel I am worthy to move here M'Lady, but that would be up to Baldr. Only he would be able to give me permission to leave the Clan. I am sure though that it might be arranged. We will have to see how your talks with him go however."
 
"We will have to see how your talks with him go however."

Tyr's comment about the negotiations with Baldr caused Stella's polite smile to fade a bit. As she refilled her guest's mug with wine, then refilled her own, she informed him, "That, unfortunately, will need to be postponed."

She waved the kitchen servant over to take away the plates, then told her to leave them. Looking back to Tyr she explained, "A messenger arrived in the night to inform me that your King has ridden south ... for the City of Vint. It appears as though the Darkness--"

Stella had already filled Tyr in on some of the details of the fighting force, above and beyond what he'd learned before his ride north. She continued about the Darkness, "--has rushed Lady Onya from Virta for a meeting with the High Priestess ... and Baldr has given chase."

She didn't tell Tyr what else the messenger had told her. The Darkness who had ridden south had been defeated, though not before taking a great number of Northern Horse Warriors first. But even more incredibly, Lady only had never been part of the flight.

"Where is she, then?" Stella had asked the messenger. After the man shrugged his shoulders, she'd asked, "And Baldr?"

"They say he is in Virta once again," the messenger said. He added, not seeming to elicit any surprise from the noble woman, "They say he is in control of the city."


Stella sipped at her wine again, adding that while Tyr himself had failed to reach the reserve army, it had in fact crossed the East Platt River and entered the Territory of Vint.

As zhe listened to his reply, Stella studied the man. Impure thoughts slowly crept in to replace more important matters of State. Before he'd arrived at her quarters, Stella had gotten a detailed report from Emma of Tyr's performance with the two women. Stella had never enjoyed a man in the way Emma and Cora had. More to the point, she'd never had a lover -- male or female -- who had had both the stamina and desire to pleasure her in that way for that long. Of course, with the exception of the last two of her four lovers in total, she'd been totally fine with the partner getting off in her figuratively, then getting off of her literally.

She asked with a tone meant to remind him of the company he'd kept over the past day, "Will remaining in Platt ... enjoying the hospitality I and my staff have to offer ... be undesirable ...m'lord?"
 
Last edited:
OOC: If you are following our story, I added some text to the reply above in blue. This was done to account for fact that this thread is currently more than a week ahead of an associated thread, in which Baldr may or may not have taken the City of Virta.

The other thread will catch up to this one very quickly, and such back posting won't be necessary.
 
Tyr thought about what she was offering. He slowly rubbed his leg and judged his health. He knew it would still be several more days until he could ride by pushing himself and a week at least until he could do do with only slight discomfort. Knowing what he now knew he decided to wait the week. It would be better to return to camp healed and ready to fight than not.

"It is most desirable company M'Lady and I have no reason not to stay except the wish to return to my Chiefs side and to deliver your message to him. However I believe I will not be hale for at least another week. If the lady does not mind me imposing on her for that length of time?" he asked her.

He nodded at her response and then sipped at the wine finding it refreshing. "Perhaps you could show me around your kingdom Stella," he ventured using her name. "You mentioned that it relies heavily on fishing. You might not know this but the North actually has some fine fishing spots and probably has some varieties of fish that you have never seen. I used to be a fine fisherman when I was a child and have kept my hand in while scouting. Perhaps we could go fishing one day or in several days riding. I am sure my horse must be restless by now. I doubt anyone has been able to approach him let alone ride him," he chuckled.

"Do you enjoy a good ride My Lady, or do you not get the chance all that often," he said in a low husky voice leaving no doubt he was not talking about a horse ride. "It must be hard to get away and enjoy yourself what with the pressures of running a kingdom," he smiled and took a sip of his wine.
 
"It is most desirable company M'Lady..."

Stella's lips widened just slightly. She may not have been enjoying such company herself, but it warmed her -- emotionally and, she began to realize suddenly, physically -- to imagine the man with the young women she'd sent to him.

"If the lady does not mind me imposing on her for that length of time?"

"You are welcome to remain as long as you feel necessary," she told him, referring specifically to his recovery. Then, about the likelihood that his desire to remain may extend past his recuperation, Stella added, "Or as long you simply with to make good of the hospitality."

"Perhaps you could show me around your kingdom Stella."

She chuckled quickly, then -- ignoring Tyr's too familiar address of her, then using a more formal one for the non-noble scout -- explained herself, "M'lord ... I don't think I would use the word king-dom ... particularly in the company of those who believe that not only should I not be in control of Platt ... but that they themselves are my superiors ... and betters."

She leaned forward to refill the glasses, knowing but not caring that the two of them had probably had enough alcohol already considering that the sun had only just recently passed its high point. Possibly an effect of the wine, she began telling the man who she still barely knew things that were likely better left unsaid.

"The Barony of Platt has never had a woman at the helm," she said, her earlier thoughts on showing Tyr her pleasure boat. Considering that the vast majority of her relatively young population hadn't even been alive prior to the beginning of the Falling Wars, she was entirely correct when she told him, "But the people have never been happier ... more secure ... and more prosperous since my husband's death and my--"

She stopped before using the words rise to power. The Barony of Platt was a feudal society, which gave Stella great power over her lesser Lords and Ladies and, obviously, the merchants and peasants. But she'd maintained their love and loyalty by being a benevolent dictator.

"But beyond the simple fact that I am a woman," she continued, "I, my marriage, and my titles have not, as I've told you, been blessed by the Order of Vint, to which -- or whom, I guess -- the Barony owes fealty. The lands of Platt are within the traditional borders of the Territory of Vint. However, my father and mother both were of the Republic of Yalla ... and even my husband, whose mother was a Yallan, held titles of Yalla which now go to my boys. You could say that the Barony of Platt is now more a possession of Yalla than Vint ... though the Order would have words concerning that."

Stella filled Tyr's glass once more, despite his only having taken one drink since the last time she'd topped it off. She gave him a smile as he looked between the glass and his face as if to hint You're drinking too slowly. She sat back in her chair to study him as she herself drank, then got to the point of her long explanation.

"I fear for the safety and security of my people. Should the Order decide to press the issue, they could replace me as Baroness. My people would suffer. My sons..." She shrugged, continuing with feigned concern, seeing how she didn't honestly expect it to happen, "The Goddess knows not what would happen to my children. They are the heirs to the Barony, but I would certainly be sent back to my father in Abad. Who would care for my sons? Would they be safe? A Regent put in place to care for Platt until my eldest son's coming of age would certainly let the power get to him. My sons ... they would be in the way."

Stella stared toward the fire for a moment, then looked to Tyr and chuckled. "Enough of that! Change the subject!"

Speaking about the barony, Tyr said...
"You mentioned that it relies heavily on fishing."

They talked about fishing, then about his horse.

"Forgive me, I should have known to inform you," Stella cut in, standing and moving to the door as she continued, "One of the stable boys has spent nearly every minute of the day tending to your horse. You are correct, it would not let the others near him. In fact, I have a man tending his own wounds for not showing the spirited animal the due respect."

At the door, Stella gave the Guardsman there an order Tyr couldn't hear, then returned. When she sat, though, she sat on the couch nearer the Northman, rather than in the chair she'd risen from.

"Tomorrow, I will take you sailing," she continued, her gaze often rising and falling from his eyes, to his mouth, to his torso as the woman in her took control of the conversation from the Noble in her. "My boat is the fastest on Lake Platt."

She described with obvious knowledge the sailing craft she had, explaining that though she often took a pair of Guardsmen who were skilled at its controls, she often performed all of the duties herself. It was obvious in her face and her words that being on the water was Stella's most favorite place to be.

Soon a knock at the now open door resulted in the entrance and deeply respectful bow of a young boy. Stella rose, explaining, "This young man is Scratch ... is that correct...?"

The boy -- perhaps 12 or 13 -- blushed noticeably, nodding to his Lady's question. Stella laughed as she played her fingers through his hair, explaining that Crone had had an issue with poison oak in a rather personal part of his body when he was younger. She asked him, "But, better now?"

Again he only nodded. But when she asked about Tyr's horse, he became very animated and audible, talking with excitement about the animal, explaining that he'd been walking the horse in the corral twice a day and that he'd cared for the tack, treating the leather with oils and polishing the metal fittings.

"Do you know what a Squire is, Scratch?"

The boy nodded, then -- suddenly realizing at what his Lady was hinting -- looked to Tyr with wide eyes. He looked about to beg for the position yet held his tongue. Stella pushed the concept forward with, "Well, perhaps a Nobleman will recognize your loyalty and talent and offer you such an opportunity. In the meantime, Sir Tyr of the Clan Baldr could probably use some fresh air. He's been cooped up inside the Keep for nearly half a moon with no ... exercise."

Stella gave Tyr a smile, wondering if he understood that her emphasis on the word was meant to remind him of even more exercise to come. She looked to the boy again, asking, "Do you think you could show my guest to his horse, Scratch ... maybe help him saddle it for a ride?"

"Oh yes, m'lady, please!"

"Do you ride?" she asked the boy. Getting an excited nod, she looked to the Guardsman, telling him, "Ensure the Stable Master knows that Scratch-- that Crone may use any horse he is capable of riding."
 
Tyr did not know what a squire was, but he knew an excited boy when he saw one. The clans encouraged all their young boys to ride and indeed a boy Crone's age would have already participated in his first raid or been close to doing so. However looking at him he could tell the boy had no training in weapons at all. He had muscles obviously from hard work, but they were not the ones you got from years spent swinging a sword.

Still the boys smile was infectious and although he was not up for a vigorous ride, at least a horse ride, it would be good to get back in the saddle again. "Very well," he said standing up. Bowing to Stella he smiled. "If you would ever care to join me for some Vigorous riding M'lady I am sure Crone could suggest a mount for you, or I would certainly be willing to loan you mine." He chuckled as he walked over to Crone and slapped the boy on the back. "Lead on boy. Let's see how well you have looked after my horse."

A half hour later and Tyr wa leaving the stable yard with Crone. The boy was on a small gelding that was very placid and shied away from the tall stallion of Tyr's. He had been impressed with the way his horse had looked. His coat was shiny and clean, the hooves attended to and his stall clean and fresh as was his water and food. Even as they had approached the horse had whinnied a greeting to him then lowered his head so the boy could scratch behind his ears. Tyr had laughed. He had only seen the big horse do that with children of the clan before. Whatever this child had done to win his horse over he would trust his opinion.

Now though he would see if the boy could ride. They took it easy going through town, but once out he led the boy a merry chase up hills and down, letting his horse run a few time but mainly keeping him in check. The boy struggled to keep up but he was always there. Again Tyr was impressed. Finally they set off for the castle again and when they got back he handed the reins to the boy. "Make sure he is well taken care of and maybe you will return with me to the clans boy. Their we will make a real man out of you." The boy beamed and ran off and Tyr continued inside and made his way to the baths.

He had just sunk down into the tub when Emma appeared and slowly began to undress and get in with him. Tyr had long since giving up complaining and just accepted the situation. She smiled and poured some scented oil into her hand and began to gently wash it into his hair. Once she was finished her hand dived under the water and playfully started to run through the hair she found there. "Would my lord like this hair scented too," she giggled.

Tyr chuckled and then stood up his now erect cock pointed straight at her face. "Would it smell prettier for you if it was," he challenged her waiting to see what she would do.
 
Earlier in the day, in Stella's Audience Room:

Stella watched the interaction between the Northman and the Platt boy.

"Very well," he said standing up. Bowing to Stella he smiled. "If you would ever care to join me for some Vigorous riding M'lady I am sure Crone could suggest a mount for you, or I would certainly be willing to loan you mine."

Stella smiled, then chuckled. She didn't know whether Tyr was continuing the sexual innuendo she'd started about exercise with his comment about vigorously mounting a ride or whether it was just her own desire for him; but which ever it was, it was causing her to get warm again ... and, this time even, wet.

"I would enjoy such a ride, I'm sure," she answered. Stella gestured playfully toward her current state of dress, which -- without all the frills and jewelry she often wore -- could have been described as comfortable entertaining. "I would need to wear something a little less ... less!

Implying the likelihood that the man might one day indeed be his direct superior, Stella told Crone,, "Take your Lord first to the south road ... to give his horse a stable avenue to stretch its legs. Then, ride to Baron's Keep..."

She turned her attention to Tyr, finishing, "...and I will have food and refreshment waiting for you there. And I may even join you."

"Lead on boy. Let's see how well you have looked after my horse."



Later that afternoon, south of the Platt Barony Keep:

Stella was indeed awaiting the pair's arrival at Baron's Keep...

isNkLJA.jpg

...with a cartful of quickly assembled treats and drinks ... as well as a familiar young brunette to help serve the meal. Noting that there was virtually no wind today, Stella told Tyr's play thing, "Emma, please set up a table in South Tower--"

She looked to Tyr, asking quickly, "Are you up for a climb to the top, m'lord...? Or shall we haul you up with the elevator."

She laughed, imagining him sitting on the small platform that, via a counter weighted hoist that the Guardsmen escorting Stella would operate, was used to lift all manner of things up the full height of the otherwise empty column of the east tower. Fire wood, water, food, other consumables, and even Stella's giggling, playful sons had ridden the elevator to any one of the Keep's three upper levels.

Turning back to Emma, Stella suggested, "Perhaps you should help with Lord Tyr. It is his first day out and about. And I know you have been ably helping him with his recuperation." Emma blushed and, after glancing at Tyr, casted her gaze down in embarrassment. Stella continued with an almost whisper meant only for the sexy servant, "...and you will continue to do so ... and be richly rewarded should he decide to remain in Platt."

Emma looked up with a bit of shock. So far, she'd been servicing the Lady's guest simply for Stella's approval and appreciation. But now it seemed, her efforts were going to gain her much more. She smiled, then bowed respectfully, responding, "It would be my honor, m'lady."



"I come here often," Stella told Tyr once they were both standing within the circular battlement of the pinnacle of the South Tower's. "It is my most favored place ... well ... except for on the waters of Lake Platt, of course."

She swept a hand out before her for 180 degrees, then again with the other to cover the remainder of the visible land. "As far as you can see is the Barony of Platt. My husband, may his Soul continue to burn with greatness in the arms of the Goddess Un ... he built this Keep for me as a wedding present." She looked to Tyr with a devilish grin, telling him, "My sons were both conceived here."

She looked away, wondering whether the man was contemplating doing to her what he'd be doing later this evening with the brunette who, with the Bodyguards, was getting their lunch from the far tower. After a moment, she looked over the edge, saying with a more solemn tone, "My husband, the Baron ... he died right here."

She looked for eavesdroppers, then looked to Tyr and said with a softer voice, "My people believe he died while hunting, but ... truth be told, he was right here where I am standing ... with a local Noble's daughter on her knees ... servicing him. He was drunk ... and ... at that moment ... when he was at his happiest ... he simply lost his balance and fell over..." She turned to look to the ground again, finishing, "Dying with his trousers around his knees and ... his last seed flowing down a whore's throat."

Stella hesitated a moment before turning to look at Tyr again. She smiled, perhaps a bit embarrassed at being so candid. She laughed nervously, saying, "Well, it could have been worse. He could have seeded a different part of her body ... and I would have had to throw her over the top as well."

She turned back to look out upon her Barony again, wondering whether -- after such personal revelations -- she shouldn't just tell Tyr the whole truth ... that she'd been spying on her husband's extramarital activities for years ... that, with the birth of her second son and the gained loyalty of the Guardsman, she was certain she could now take control of the Barony despite her gender ... that she'd personally arranged the introduction of her husband and the whore in question to ensure she could set the stage for her husband's accident ... that she and her then-Protector -- with whom she'd been fucking -- had followed the Baron out here that night, and that the latter had not only thrown her husband off the tower but had later taken the Noble girl across Lake Platt to a slave trader who then took the girl to Goddess knows not where.

No...

No, Stella would keep that much to herself for now.

She heard footsteps behind her and turned to find the baskets of food arriving. She smiled to Tyr and dismissed all thoughts of the past, saying, "Let's eat."



Later that night, in Tyr's Guest Quarters:

Emma swallowed the cum Tyr had once again deposited upon her tongue with a happy grunt of satisfaction, then laughed as he again sat down into the tub. She moved forward, again grasping his cock and moving it into place. Soon, it was inside her, and she was slowly moving her groin atop his, feeling his hardness filling her again and again.

Cora entered a moment later, hesitating to watch the pair before putting more wood on the fire, stoking it into an impressive flame, then -- eying the pair hungrily -- replacing the wine jug with a fresh one before leaving.

"She yearns for you, m'lord," Emma said between erotic, wet kisses. When Tyr commented on the other servant whose pussy he'd pummeled the morning before, the brunette laughed heartily and said, "Not Cora! M'lady!"

She studied Tyr's expression, then as if fearing he didn't understand, Emma continued, "Lady Stella. She yearns for you." The servant pushed hard down against the Northman's groin, sinking him deeply into her, causing her to groan with pain, then moan with pleasure before continuing, "She may be a lady ... but she's still just a woman. And you are a man ... a man she wants to fuck."

Emma cocked her head and asked with obvious sincerity, "Does that surprise you, m'lord?"
 
Tyr had indeed enjoyed his day and was not at all surprised at Stella's revelations about her husbands demise. He knew about the craziness of the Souths laws of marriage and that a husband could only have one wife. He found the law strange but if that was their ways then that was their ways and the man should have honored them. To be caught going back on his word was a punishment that deserved death. He highly suspected that she played some part in it but he would never accuse her of it. That was between her and her gods. However he would not hold it against her, in fact it rather raised his opinion of her.

The food and company had been excellent of course and once again she did everything she could to convince him to stay. He was actually having thoughts along that line. The land was perfect for raising horses and from what he had seen was very fertile so crops would grow well. He could be very comfortable here. He had no illusions that his present situation would continue however. He would have to find some other willing woman to service him and he would bot be able to bring his slaves with him. He would have to sell them or gift them to another member of the Clan. Still the offer was looking more tempting by the day.

As he lay in the tub that night and Emma once again serviced him he leaned back and smiled until he heard her say "She yearns for you, m'lord."

Cracking his eyes open he looked and saw Cora in the room replenishing the wine and then slipping out the door with a hungry look at the two of them. He raised an eyebrow at the woman above him and smiled. If she wanted to join in he didn't mind. However she just laughed at him.

"Not Cora! M'lady!"

Again Tyr's eyebrow raised but this time a very thoughtful expression crossed his face. It was one thing to fuck a servant, quite another to do so with the ruler of the land. Oh he may joke about and think about it with her, but to actually do it?

"Lady Stella. She yearns for you." The servant pushed hard down against the Northman's groin, sinking him deeply into her, causing her to groan with pain, then moan with pleasure before continuing, "She may be a lady ... but she's still just a woman. And you are a man ... a man she wants to fuck."Emma cocked her head and asked with obvious sincerity, "Does that surprise you, m'lord?"

Tyr groaned with pleasure at her ministrations before he could think about his answer. In a way it did surprise him. He was basically a servant himself. No more than a simple warrior and he wondered why a lady like Stella would be interested in him. Of course there was the fact that he was from the North and that he could help her secure an alliance with Baldr so she could be thinking to do this to further influence him, but sending him her serving maids was enough to do that.

Was her life so lonely that she needed someone not of her kingdom to have a dalliance with. She was beautiful enough and powerful enough to have any man she desired.

"Truly she is a beautiful woman, and if she wishes it I would be honored. However right now I believe there is someone else who needs my attention," he growled as he began to plow up into her spilling water over the sides of the tub. It was not long before the woman climaxed several times and then he did. The night continued in his bed and later Cora was summoned to join them. Tyr was beginning to enjoy his time Recuperating and decided it might take him a little more time than he originally thought.
 
"Truly she is a beautiful woman, and if she wishes it I would be honored.

Emma laughed at the man's humility, but inside she was feeling a bit jealous. She didn't mind sharing Tyr with Cora, because she knew the other peasant would never steal the Horse Warrior away. But Stella was a Noble, and Tyr had ambitions a Noble lover -- or wife! -- could fulfill that neither Emma nor Cora nor both of them together could come close to satisfying.

"However right now I believe there is someone else who needs my attention."

The servant let her concerns fade away. There were other more immediate issues as hand...




The Next Afternoon:

Stella was all smiles as she, her Protector, four Guardsmen -- specifically chosen for today's adventure -- and Tyr rode down to the Platt City docks. Crone went as well, to tend to the horses until the group's return. Once at the edge of Lake Platt, the Baroness led her guest toward the end of dock and waved a hand proudly, asking, "Isn't she beautiful?"

5OII144.png

"The design is originally Yallan, specifically from a culture that lived long ago in and around Southernmost Bay and Survival Bay. They were coastal raiders, prior to the rise of the Republic of Yalla. Of course, the original craft were much bigger, as much as 200 feet, with over 100 men at the oars when the winds weren't sufficient."

Stella's numbers were a bit exaggerated, of course, but she didn't know that. In fact, no one knew that, as the culture had vanished -- been driven to extinction -- by the rise of both civilization and the law and order that came with it. Or, at least, that was what she thought. The Southern Raiders still existed on some of the islands that were thought to be deserted; and there were even stories of islands beyond what was known to be the Known World, though no one in that Known World had ever seen one of these islands.

As her Protector and one of the Guardsmen took her hands to help her aboard, Stella continued, "My boat was built for speed and stability, not raiding and transport. She's only 29 feet long, and while my ever faithful Protector and I can conduct her ourselves..."

She gave the big man who was always at her side an exaggerated bow that was far more than his station required, to which he returned a bow that Stella might have returned to him instead. She continued, "...I have been forced of late to bring some protection with me."

She looked between the four Guardsmen, who while they'd ridden to the docks in chain mail and light armor were now stripping most of it off and stashing it away under the bench seats. Stella caught Tyr watching them and, not sure if he understood the situation, told him with a toothy grin, "They tend to sink with all that on should they get clumsy and fall overboard."



The weather had been disagreeable for nearly a moon Stella told Tyr after they'd gotten away from the dock and out a mile or two into the lake. She'd been on the water only twice during that time, and each time the oarsmen had been employed. Stella's expressions and tone left no doubt that she didn't come out onto Lake Platt to hear the splashing of oars and grunting of men.

Soon, a stiff, consistent wind arose and the oars were stowed. The Guardsmen set and maintained the sails as their Lady directed, while she split her time between taking the tiller to set the course and rushing to the front to stand tall behind the Dragon's head that was like no other boat decoration on the lake.

"I love it here," she told Tyr after gesturing him to join her on the bow. "This is glory."

When a sudden gust rocked the boat, Stella grasped the man's elbow once more, for stability she told Tyr. She asked whether he minded, whether it was too familiar, but knew that she would hold onto the arm regardless of what his answer was. She smiled at him and looked out over the water, pointing to locations and sights, then explaining their significance or history.



When the wind failed two hours into their sail, Stella reluctantly turned them back toward the City. She took the tiller again and began calling out the beat, and soon the boat was cutting through the nearly flat lake water at more than 18 knots. Despite her earlier claims that her real joy came from the sailing, with the only noise being that of the wind on the canvas and the waves lapping at the hull, it was obvious that she was having fun here as well.

"There!" she called, pointing Tyr's attention to the shore. Over the next couple of minutes, as they continued east around a curve in the shore, the mouth of a river became obvious. She explained, "The Abad. One of Lake Platt's drainages, to the Inner Sea."

"M'lady, I don't think--" her Protector began, stopping when she waved him off dismissively. He scowled at her, beginning again, "I don't think this is wise--"

"Look!" Stella called again, mostly to interrupt the man but pointing at a large white wading bird as it caught sight of the boat and took flight. "We call them Fishing Angels, though I've been told the Northmen have a different name for them."

They continued into the mouth of the river, slowing on Stella's command. It was obvious from her Protector's wariness that he thought this was a bad idea; but at the same time, the glances he was getting from his Lady kept him quiet. She finally explained to Tyr, "We've been having a problem with the people of the Fenwater lately. Well, not lately. Ever since the Falling Wars. Bandits ... highwaymen ... militias that have no alliance and thus no loyalty to any Lord or House."

Stella turned the tiller and headed the boat for the shore of the river, giving the oarsmen directions. They were obviously skilled, and soon the boat had slipped between mangroves and into a narrow portage without a single oar having thumped anything out of the ordinary. They disembarked, and as Stella led Tyr to a small clearing that had obviously been cut and sculpted, she told him, "I'm hungry. Let's picnic."

The other five men shared the responsibility of bringing forth the baskets of food and drink, a quickly assembled canopy (should it rain), a big padded blanket, and torches that Stella explained would ward off the multitude of insects still alive now in the beginnings of Autumn. She and Tyr made themselves comfortable under the canopy, as the five men found logs and stumps to sit upon nearer the boat to eat their own lunch.

Everything was going wonderfully well...

...at first.

Then suddenly, all hell broke loose. Stella's Protector cried out in pain, spinning toward her to reveal an arrow sunk a few inches into his rib cage. A second arrow plunked into his neck, and he fell to his knees.

As arrows continued to rain in on the Guardsmen, other men surged in along the shoreline from both directions. They attacked the Guardsmen, who had been smart and professional enough to have donned their armor and arms. But there were simply too many attackers, including at least four archers still out of sight in the trees.

"Go!" Stella's Protector hollered, his word spitting blood out from his quivering lips. He looked directly at Tyr and ordered, "Run!"

The man who had protected the Baroness of Platt since the day she'd come to her new home fell to his face, and over the next minutes would bleed out. The others would die as well, though they would put up a good fight in an effort to protect their lady as long as they could.
 
The next morning Tyr again woke up in a tangle of limbs. As usual Cora had already left to perform her duties, but Emma was still lying next to him, her arm flung across his muscular chest and her legs tangled with his. He was tempted to wake the girl up and continue the nights activities but he remembered that the baroness had mentioned that she was interested in taking him out on her boat. It would be best if he was at his finest if that was to happen.

He gently kissed Emma awake then tickled her until she looked at him with some semblance of consciousness in her eyes. "Time to wake up little one," he chuckled as she slowly untangled herself, rubbing her body up against his in an obvious effort to entice him to stay in bed. Chuckling he kissed her again then got up. "Not this morning Pretty one I am afraid. I think I am going on a boat ride today and I will need to be fully awake for that. Maybe when I get back we will enjoy some more time together."

He watched as she pouted then got dressed and disappeared from his room. Soon Cora appeared with some food and wine for him, as well as a jug of water. She smiled widely at him and as she turned to leave he grabbed her and kissed her. She squealed in delight and half fought against him before melting into his arms and kissing him back. What a difference a few days made. If he had tried this on the first day he had woken up she would have run screaming from the room screaming for the guards.

"One day you are going to stay long enough for me to wake up with you in my arms beautiful," he murmured. " Perhaps tomorrow?" he asked.

She smiled and shrugged then walked towards the door. "I will think about it," she said smiling at him then disappeared.

Tyr wandered the halls, studying the way the hall ran and at the same time just how good Stella's troops were. While they seemed competent he noticed that some were a little old and some a little young. So she had veterans manning areas of little importance and new trainees walking with them obviously to get training from them. Tyr wondered if Stella was building up her forces, rebuilding her forces, or simply replacing the veterans. Still that was really none of his business, he just rated them on their abilities and what he saw was that they were good but no match for a Clansman. Of course they would have the same problem here as they did in Virta. They would be able to hide behind their walls and force the Clan to fight on their terms. However Tyr had seen no weapons that the Clan had not beaten before and he was sure they would be able to defeat these warriors as well.

As he was walking back to his room to begin getting ready for lunch, Crone caught up with him and told him the Baroness was summoning him to the docks so that she could show him her boat. Smiling he clapped the boy on the back and they walked down to the stables and were soon riding down to the lake.

Crone led him to where Stella and her protector plus four guards waited for him and together they rode down to the docks. Stella led them to what looked like a private area and then gestured to a large boat. "Isn't she beautiful?" she asked him.

Tyr looked at the boat and whistled. He did not know much about boats but this was indeed the biggest and most beautiful one he had ever seen. The Norths boats were small vessels built to hold no more than one or two people. This was large enough to hold at least ten.

She described how it had been designed based on an ancient design from another land and that the original boats were actually almost 10 times as big as the one now before him. He could not fathom how big that could be. She explained that a hundred men once rowed the boat if the wind did not oblige and his mind boggled at that. One hundred men to row, enough space for another hundred or so on the deck. This was indeed a formidable raider.

She invited him aboard and he watched as her guards took off their heavy armor. He glanced down at himself and shrugged. Most of his armor was leather with chain mail protecting certain vulnerable areas. It was not light but neither was it as heavy as the guards heavy armor. As they set out he smiled at Stella's obvious glee to be out on her lake and he watched as the guardsmen strained at the oars. Still the look on her face and her tone as they continued talking soon changed. She complained that each time she came out lately she had to employ her guardsmen as rowers. She was not interested in hearing men grunt, she wanted to sail.

Tyr had an interesting response for her considering Emma's revelation the night before but he kept his mouth shut and soon a wind picked up and the sail was raised. The guards looks of relief were only surpassed by the look of glee on Stella's face. She ran to the tiller and expertly steered the boat, then handed it off to her protector while she ran forward, grabbing the beast like bow of the ship and leaning close to the water or into the spray the boat was kicking up.

Tyr did his best to keep her company at one stage standing behind her as she stood up straight behind the huge beasts head. A huge gust of wind almost sent them into the water, but he grabbed the carving and she grabbed him. Smiling they stood back up and she now held onto his arm. Smiling she asked if he minded or found it too familiar.

"M'Lady you may hold any part of me you wish. For someone that saved my life it is the least I can do," he smiled bowing his head.

The ride lasted several hours during which she pointed out several landmarks and important spots. Then the wind died and she turned the boat for home while the guardsmen once again resumed rowing. He was impressed with the design of the boat. Whether under sail or under man power it cut through the water effortlessly and kept up a good pace.

Even as they rowed Stella could not refrain from telling her about her land. Suddenly she pointed towards shore and showed him a river. She proudly told him it was the Abad and it connected the lake to the inner sea. Of course she steered right towards it, ignoring her protectors words of caution. Tyr shared a look with the man and loosened his weapons in their scabbards. He had been permitted to carry his sword and dagger in her presence now, but he felt naked without his spears.

He saw the bird and smiled at the name she called it. Indeed they had a different name for the white long legged bird. Lunch came to mind but he just said " Yes we call them the Goddess's messengers," he smiled. "They are often seen before something of importance happens. We should be on the lookout M'Lady," he chuckled.

He was in his own way trying to warn her off doing whatever she was going to do, but this was a strong willed woman. She continued heading for shore and Tyr noticed the men warily looking around now and he caught their mood. Finally Stella told him of the danger of bandits and raiders but that she had no doubt a party of their size would scare them away. Tyr had his doubts, thinking she might be a prize worth the risk and saw in her big protectors eyes he thought the same thing. However they made land and a picnic lunch was brought out. Tyr watched as the men donned their armor again (Which he approved of) and then they began eating.

He was having a lovely conversation with Stella about her love for sailing when he noticed the place had gotten quiet. Oh the river still ran noisily, and the men quietly talked among themselves as the bugs made noise, but the birds and the background noise of the frogs and numerous other creatures had disappeared. He sat up and was about to call a warning when her protector was struck with an arrow in his chest and as he moved towards Stella one plunged into his neck.

Tyr had been on enough battlefields to know a fatal wound when he saw one. Stella and himself were fortunate to be under the canopy. It was protecting them from the worst of the arrows although they did not seem to be being targeted. Obviously they wanted Stella captured alive. To prove this men surged from both directions and attacked the guardsmen. Their superior armor saved them from being completely overwhelmed but Tyr knew it was only a matter of time. Numbers would tell and they would fall. Then he heard a croak from the fallen protector. "Run".

It was sound advice, and he took Stella's hand and ran out the back of the canopy and into the swamp lands. They would not expect that thinking they would head to the shoreline. Obviously they would have positioned men there to capture them, so he did the improbable.

They had only gone a little ways before he realized an error in judgement. Stella was really not dressed for this. Stopping he glanced at her then drawing his dagger he approached her. "Please forgive the familiarity M'Lady but your clothes need some alterations."
He made a large slit in her dress right down the middle to free her legs then used several strips he cut from them to tie them tightly around the top and bottom of them. He had effectively made her a pair of trousers. He was lucky she had on a sensible pair of shoes as they had been sailing. He gestured them forward and the resumed their flight.

He was a scout and he was able to move without leaving a trace and knew instinctively and by following the sun just which way he was going. Stella however stumbled through the trees and swamp lands leaving a trail a two year old could follow. Tyr constantly backtracked and set up false trails leading away from their real one and tried his best to conceal their actual trail. Finally he judged they had come far enough and looped them back towards the shoreline. They would make better time along it and he had a plan. If they could make it back to her boat she had said she could sail it with just two people. He might not be a good sailor but he had been watching carefully and if his life depended on it he was sure he could follow strict instructions.

It was almost dark by the time he got them back to the boat. He had heard their pursuers but they had managed to avoid them. The clearing still contained the bodies of her fallen men and he saw her pale beside her. They had been stripped of all their armor and weapons and now lay naked under the sky. He pulled her to him and attempted to comfort her. "They no longer feel anything Stella. Their souls are with your goddess now. They died bravely defending you and I am sure she has accepted them. Now is not the time to mourn them though. Now is the time to put their sacrifice to use. We are going to steal your boat back and sail back to your home. Then we can come back and claim their bodies and honor them properly."

Tyr felt her body stiffen and he looked at her. Gone were her tears and in their place was a steely resolve. He nodded at her and observed the boat. They had left three guards. Two burly men and an Archer on the boat itself. The men sat with a fire and he sighed as he saw them looking into it. That would make it easier. Their night vision would be ruined like that. Even the archer would occasionally slip down to drink from the flagon they were passing around.

He motioned for Stella to remain there and then slipped away. Two minutes later he appeared over the side of the boat behind the archer. He moved up stealthily behind the man and with a quick move covered the mans mouth and stabbed him in the throat tearing it out. He didn't even have time to make a noise before he bled out. Tyr used the mans own belt to lash him to the mast and then was back over the rail and into the darkness.

Seconds later he rattled a bush loudly enough to be heard and the two men's heads snapped up. One grunted to the other and he sighed. He looked up and waved at the archer then moved towards the sound. He passed out of the illuminated area and Tyr saw him squinting. He allowed him to move three more steps to make sure his buddy could not see what was going to happen and rushed in from the side and dispatched him the same way. That left one.

He would be simple. Tyr rushed out of the darkness throwing his knife, taking the man in the shoulder ruining his chances of drawing his blade and then lept the fire and calmly pushed his blade through the mans throat. It had taken seconds and he had not even thought to cry out. Tyr retrieved his knife and wiped the blood from his weapons and gestured for Stella to join him. He quickly threw the archers body overboard and then strained to launch the boat as Stella made it ready. It had taken the four men seconds to drag it up the beach. It took Tyr minutes to get it back in the water, but he managed it and soon they were again making their way back into open water.

He followed everything that Stella told him to although he was sure she was dumbing it down a lot. After all "Pull that rope there, or secure that line over there," did not sound very precise or like terms she would normally use. Eventually though they had the breeze at their back's and were heading back towards her castle. He stood next to her at the tiller lending her his silent support and hoped it was enough.
 
Back
Top