The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 03: Come On In

Morning all.

No rain predicted for today. Too much Sahara dust in the air or so I'm told.

Got my morning writing done early so.... Now what?

Morning all.

No rain predicted for today. Too much Sahara dust in the air or so I'm told.

Got my morning writing done early so.... Now what?

The damaged aerial wire is now fixed, and it wasn't a real hard task.
Chicken gujons for tea and now a cup of coffee.

Good morning, all.

Simple can be good, but not always. I know iodine is still used in N America for pre-incision skin sterilization. I was however under the impression that the alcoholic base caused damage to open tissue, hence its current lack of popularity for dressing open wounds. Any MDs/RNs/equiv out there?

Anyway, a large black coffee to clear my sleep-befuddled mind, please.

Good morning, all.

Simple can be good, but not always. I know iodine is still used in N America for pre-incision skin sterilization. I was however under the impression that the alcoholic base caused damage to open tissue, hence its current lack of popularity for dressing open wounds. Any MDs/RNs/equiv out there?

Anyway, a large black coffee to clear my sleep-befuddled mind, please.

Betadine is common, but only for skin sterilization. It's water-based. For open wounds we use topical antibiotics more than we use any form of iodine (or Mercurochrome, which is not commercially available now).

Considering the growth in antibiotic-resistant infections, maybe we should go back to using iodine.

Well, quiet day here, rain continues, flooding all around us. Cancelled an appointment for today, planning to write. I'm on vacation for the week. Bronchitis lingers but just a little.

One batch of zucchini relish cooling on the counter. Dishes done. Time for a shower now.

It looks like my usual Monday morning has arrived on Tuesday this week. :eek:

One batch of zucchini relish cooling on the counter. Dishes done. Time for a shower now.

Zucchini relish? Might I ask for the recipe, please? We have ZUCCHINI in our garden. (Anyone who has ever tried growing zucchini will understand the emphasis.) I'm always looking for a challenge - canned about 2 1/2 gallons of sour cherry jam yesterday.

Zucchini relish? Might I ask for the recipe, please? We have ZUCCHINI in our garden. (Anyone who has ever tried growing zucchini will understand the emphasis.) I'm always looking for a challenge - canned about 2 1/2 gallons of sour cherry jam yesterday.

I have three plants. Well, one is actually a yellow hybrid, but it's zucchini for most purposes. Last week we pushed a dozen squash off on our kids. Two days later I had five more. Now I'm up to eight -- despite last night's zucchini and mushroom frittata.

Squash bugs are getting to the plants and they aren't flowering much now. I'm taking the plants out next weekend unless something changes.

Zucchini soup is another way to get rid of quantities of zucchini.

I do like the sound of that Cherry Jam. I love it.

Meanwhile, it seems that the modular PSU in my PC has turned up its tootsies.
More chaos

Tea PLEASE

I have three plants. Well, one is actually a yellow hybrid, but it's zucchini for most purposes. Last week we pushed a dozen squash off on our kids. Two days later I had five more. Now I'm up to eight -- despite last night's zucchini and mushroom frittata.

Squash bugs are getting to the plants and they aren't flowering much now. I'm taking the plants out next weekend unless something changes.

Zucchini soup is another way to get rid of quantities of zucchini.

When my kids were young, I made chocolate zucchini cake. All they saw was chocolate. Neither one of them realized it had zucchini until they were teens.

When my kids were young, I made chocolate zucchini cake. All they saw was chocolate. Neither one of them realized it had zucchini until they were teens.

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky, Now I understand why I like you. :D :rose: :kiss:

My only question is who pitted all those cherries to make that much jam? :eek:

Okay, fresh coffee for the late comers, uh, late afternoon people.

Daughter and I. It took maybe 2-3 hours to pit them, working together, so eek indeed. I figure that I'll next need to make or buy jam c. 2028.

Can I please scrounge one ?

I suspect that the modular PSU is not as poorly as firs & second thought.
I suspect a dicky connector. . .

Time, I think, for a mug o' Tea.

Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky, Now I understand why I like you. :D :rose: :kiss:

My only question is who pitted all those cherries to make that much jam? :eek:

Okay, fresh coffee for the late comers, uh, late afternoon people.

:D :devil:

:rose::kiss:

Daughter and I. It took maybe 2-3 hours to pit them, working together, so eek indeed. I figure that I'll next need to make or buy jam c. 2028.

Back when I was young, this is what we used.

I'll take a jar off your hands and even pay the postage. :)

:eek: That thing looks dangerous or maybe it's my dirty mind. :D

Well, since only something small can fit into it, you don't have to worry. :D

I keep seeing references to Zuccini, but I got no clue what it is.

Meanwhile, Coffee ; followed by the Shopping

Back