16/13 ~ The War On Guns Begins.

Gang banging gunfights are regular fare, because they mostly involve black and latino gangs the elitist media generally looks the other way.

Then how do you know about them, eh, if not from the media? Do they happen a lot where you live?
 
253843_516295721743759_1384054427_n.jpg


The 2013 SHOT Show Rifle, our Turnbull TAR-10, just brought in $136,024 on gunbroker.com. This breaks the previous record for a SHOT Show gun that was set at $83,000. The money raised for the Heritage Hunting Trust goes to programs to support and grow our hunting and shooting sports traditions.
 
Of the countries mentioned in your article Russia is the only one that took firearms and control in any way that can be construed as organized. Interesting how history doesn't support this BS.

Also given the timing of when the 2nd Amendment was written it's unlikely that the primary purpose was to overthrow the government. That was undoubtedly something on the Founder's minds and was an acceptable risk but it seems unlikely that their response to a rebellion was to make sure the citizens were armed well enough to take on the government. That would be. . .what's the word. F*ing retarded.
 
Of the countries mentioned in your article Russia is the only one that took firearms and control in any way that can be construed as organized. Interesting how history doesn't support this BS.

Also given the timing of when the 2nd Amendment was written it's unlikely that the primary purpose was to overthrow the government. That was undoubtedly something on the Founder's minds and was an acceptable risk but it seems unlikely that their response to a rebellion was to make sure the citizens were armed well enough to take on the government. That would be. . .what's the word. F*ing retarded.

Ignorance of history is a flaw.

Ishmael
 
Ignorance of history is a flaw.

Ishmael

OK, once again: The "insurrectionary theory" of the Second Amendment is bullshit. The "militia" is meant to be an arm of the state, not a countervailing force against it. The Constitution expressly does not tolerate insurrection or rebellion. (Definitively decided in the case of Grant v. Lee, opinion rendered at Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia, 1865.) The militia is supposed to be there to put down insurrections, and is at the command of the President.


Article 1, Section 8:
The Congress shall have power To . . .

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;


Article 1, Section 9, clause 2:
The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.


Article 2, Clause 1:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States . . .


Had the Second Amendment been intended to overturn those clear clauses, it would have said so expressly. The Constitution is not, y'know, a suicide pact.
 
Last edited:
Then how do you know about them, eh, if not from the media? Do they happen a lot where you live?

If they happened the way he thinks they do, he'd be a victim of one by now.

The only time he's been close to a gang fight in his neighborhood was when he rented West Side Story from Netflix.
 
George Washington, on gun registration...

...(notice his primary concern):

Absolutely not. If the people are armed and the federalists do not know where the arms are, there can never be an oppressive government.


Ignorance of history is a flaw.

Ishmael

"Ignorance" is too gracious for these domestic enemies...
 
George Washington, on gun registration...

...(notice his primary concern):

George Washington was a Federalist. Where are you getting that quote?

Washington was the President who personally took to the field in command of troops (and how many sitting POTUSes have done that?) to put down the Whiskey Rebellion, y'know.
 
Last edited:
That's a red herring.

People don't decide to shoot or not shoot each other on the basis of whether their police chiefs are elected or appointed.

You need to read the definition of red herring, and read the posts you quote.

I didn't say anything about what makes people decide to shoot each other, that is an entirely different topic having nothing to do with gun control laws, murder laws or in truth any law at all.

My comment was about the validity of Police Chief statements on gun control and nothing more.
 
Sheriffs who are elected tend to reflect the views of the electorate, as opposed to the narrower views of a majority on a given City Council who may vote to appoint a police chief.

Voter turnout in elections for US sheriffs is typically around 35%.
 
Sheriffs who are elected tend to reflect the views of the electorate . . .

Yeah, that's pretty dumb, isn't it? Sheriffs should not be elected, no more than city managers should be elected; they are professionals who should get their jobs on professional credentials. Election should be for political posts, policymaking posts; law-enforcement officers should not have that kind of discretion, nor an independent electoral mandate to back it up.
 
Dangerous high powered weapons have existed since the 1920s, with the machine guns Chicago gangsters were using in Prohibition. It's a lie of the state that these crazy murders are caused by guns. There were no school massacres in the 1920s, the 1930s, the 1940s, the 1950s. What happened? Pharma for profit. They are caused by bad reactions to the shit drugs shoved on the populace by asshole Pharma corps. Sue them. Put them out of business. Those merciless fucks did this.
 
Part of the checks and balances against state tyranny son, that the top law enforcement officer in the county be elected. Otherwise "professional" apparachiks of the State Inquisitor would be running roughshod over the civil society.:rolleyes:

[shrug] That does not seem to be a problem with appointed city police chiefs. Any "State Inquisitor" is answerable to elected officials ultimately in any case, as police chiefs are answerable to the mayor and/or council.

You would not be one who subscribes to some form of the idiot Posse Comitatus doctrine, would you?
 
Last edited:
Dangerous high powered weapons have existed since the 1920s, with the machine guns Chicago gangsters were using in Prohibition. It's a lie of the state that these crazy murders are caused by guns. There were no school massacres in the 1920s, the 1930s, the 1940s, the 1950s. What happened? Pharma for profit. They are caused by bad reactions to the shit drugs shoved on the populace by asshole Pharma corps. Sue them. Put them out of business. Those merciless fucks did this.

History begs to differ.

Drugs probably do have some small part they have played but I doubt they are the major contributing force here. That's simply a matter an increasing number of people crammed into a decreasing amount of space.
 
Back
Top