Is there a keyword for less "dirty" sex talk?

It's not an either/or proposition. In order to avoid writing a bland piece, a story needn't feature demeaning language or abusive people. To expand on your analogy, just as there are additional musical keys beyond simple major and minor, there are also countless ways to introduce realistic drama without resorting to ugliness. Because I have no desire to devote my energies to describing ugly people doing ugly things, I choose different narratives.

Drama takes many forms, including soaring, beautiful ones.
 
Last edited:
It's not an either/or proposition. In order to avoid writing a bland piece, a story needn't feature demeaning language or abusive people. There are countless ways to introduce realistic drama without resorting to ugliness. Because I have no desire to describe ugly people doing ugly things, I choose different narratives.

Which is your your right to do so and I am sure many appreciate that style.

For me I think my personality leaks in. For many reasons I am all about seeing "ugliness" get theirs and in order to do that the reader has to see them being ugly.

But when I write that part I am already eager to write where they get it and in spades.

The Lex Talionis school of writing.
 
I suspect it's the same with most authors, that their stories at least somewhat reflect their personalities. Writing is equal parts revelation, confession, epiphany, hope, despair, and catharsis. Don't we all tend to write what we feel?
 
Sounds like maybe Romance might be the right place to find what you are looking for. Try my Story Com Sail Away" //www.literotica.com/s/come-sail-away-with-me-1
 
I'll check out the recommendations. I think the phrase "demeaning language" is what I'm trying to get away from. Explicit and crass, I'm fine with, it's the underlying idea that enjoying sex is a bad thing that really pulls me out of the story. For some reason I find myself wanting to apologize for even starting this thread. I'm not a crusader and don't want to criticize what others seem to find titillating, but as I'm figuring out what turns me on, I'm finding that the demeaning language isn't it.

The word "soothing" keeps coming to mind as to what I'm looking for.

Wrong place.
 
I understand where you're coming from. I also prefer to have sex depicted as a positive event. I can't think of a reliable way to track down such stories, though. Sometimes you just have to start reading and see what you find. When you find something you do like, offer up plenty of encouragement to keep it coming.
 
Back
Top