Why do we like being submissive?

I would like to try this sometime. Letting go and letting someone else control me sounds amazing.

We have our challenges, and it isn't easy, but it's worth it. It is an amazing feeling, having someone know me so well, know me so completely.

For me it is stress relief. Being in a high pressure job during the day and always having to make decisions, it is so out of the box to give up control for another's pleasure

Personally speaking I know of no other way to be. I am only truly comfortable in this type of relationship. I am not a victim as it was suggested in an earlier post. Sadly this type of attitude has made it nearly impossible for females like me to find a Dom, because men feel guilty about "suppressing" a female. No matter how much I try and explain I do not feel suppressed or victimized. This has caused me countless years of pain and depression because other's don't understand we are not all the same, we (females) are not all looking for the same thing. If you are a strong woman and not interested in this lifestyle . .great! Find what you do want, but please don't tell me I can't have it. That's all I ask. :)

I, personally, am not above self degradation. Often times, I'm content in calling myself worthless, trash, disgusting and alike. It's always been like that, really. Even when I try to act strong in a physical sense, iy's hardly the reality. To me, submission is me relinquishing my control- being content with the way I am and letting someone play with my insecurities. It's also letting someone else play with me physically as a biological woman. I was never one forexposing myself and I usually wear baggy, casual clothes like t-shirts and alike. I've never been fondled and the thought of it arouses me. I've even had identity crisis in my lifetime in regards to me being female.

Someone playing with those aspects of me puts me in my place and reassures me of my security.

But the turn on for me isn't the playing- it's the bondage. The feeling of restriction is a wonderful thing to me.

Personally speaking I know of no other way to be. I am only truly comfortable in this type of relationship. I am not a victim as it was suggested in an earlier post. Sadly this type of attitude has made it nearly impossible for females like me to find a Dom, because men feel guilty about "suppressing" a female. No matter how much I try and explain I do not feel suppressed or victimized. This has caused me countless years of pain and depression because other's don't understand we are not all the same, we (females) are not all looking for the same thing. If you are a strong woman and not interested in this lifestyle . .great! Find what you do want, but please don't tell me I can't have it. That's all I ask. :)

I'm so glad to hear someone say that :) I don't want to say that being a strong and independent female is a bad thing but this type of thinking in a way has caused a lot of identity crisis within me. I agree with you and appreciate your honesty.

I, personally, am not above self degradation. Often times, I'm content in calling myself worthless, trash, disgusting and alike. It's always been like that, really. Even when I try to act strong in a physical sense, iy's hardly the reality. To me, submission is me relinquishing my control- being content with the way I am and letting someone play with my insecurities. It's also letting someone else play with me physically as a biological woman. I was never one forexposing myself and I usually wear baggy, casual clothes like t-shirts and alike. I've never been fondled and the thought of it arouses me. I've even had identity crisis in my lifetime in regards to me being female.

Someone playing with those aspects of me puts me in my place and reassures me of my security.

But the turn on for me isn't the playing- it's the bondage. The feeling of restriction is a wonderful thing to me.

That is a very honest post with a lot of strength behind it.

You said "it's the bondage. The feeling of restriction is a wonderful thing to me."

Nothing arouses me like a woman in SSC bondage. Knowing that I have tied her and taken away her control over the situation and that her restriction means that I can touch, fondle, lick, fuck how I want.

You said "it's the bondage. The feeling of restriction is a wonderful thing to me."

Nothing arouses me like a woman in SSC bondage. Knowing that I have tied her and taken away her control over the situation and that her restriction means that I can touch, fondle, lick, fuck how I want.

I agree with both of you, bondage is what brought me to this world, I find it hard to have an orgasm without being bound first.

Maybe being submissive is something you are born with ..male or female..

I think that many preferences are at least partially innate. Its the old nature vs nurture dynamic and which affects us the most.

Personally I don't think we are born tabula rasa - a blank slate. We start with a predilections and they are affected by our environment but only up to a point.

In that sense I think that a lot of dysfunctional or troubled personalities (whatever that means) are people who have been conditioned to deny their true nature. Show me an offensive, bullying pencil dick with a big truck he doesn't need and I'll show you a beta who has been conditioned to believe he is an alpha - who might be a perfectly pleasant and well adjusted person if he wasn't trying to be something he is not. The opposite (and everything in between can be equally true.

For me, believe it's inversely retaliated to how I lived m life. I grew up the dominate alpha male, but would get off considerably while cross dressing. Eventually I learned what a submissive sissy was and all it took was one session of me cleaning the house as the sissy maid to learn submission was my ultimate thrill. Submission greatly enhances who I am.

Yep.

I think that many preferences are at least partially innate. Its the old nature vs nurture dynamic and which affects us the most.

Personally I don't think we are born tabula rasa - a blank slate. We start with a predilections and they are affected by our environment but only up to a point.

In that sense I think that a lot of dysfunctional or troubled personalities (whatever that means) are people who have been conditioned to deny their true nature. Show me an offensive, bullying pencil dick with a big truck he doesn't need and I'll show you a beta who has been conditioned to believe he is an alpha - who might be a perfectly pleasant and well adjusted person if he wasn't trying to be something he is not. The opposite (and everything in between can be equally true.

Well put. We can only hope pencil dick will grow up and accept himself.

I think for me it is being the center of attention. When being spanked or beaten or whatever I feel like I am noticed. So much of my life I’ve been ignored or forgotten about. When someone dominates me they are focusing on me. They are are working to bring out my feelings. Yes it’s feelings of pain but they are evoking them from me. It’s the only time when I’m not trying to be something so someone likes me. The only time I don’t feel invisible.

It's hard to explain, it's just how I am.

While the mix of pleasure and pain is very nice, giving my complete self over to someone I trust enough and know they will take care of me is just...ugh so amazing.

There's such an overwhelming sense of freedom that comes from surrendering my ego and allowing other people to direct and manipulate me to their convenience and to "use" me to facilitate their sexual gratification and release. I'm not burdened by the need to make any choices. The decisions and choices are made for me with no concern for my comfort or welfare. It's so very liberating to just let go of my sense of self and to unquestioningly do whatever I'm told. I become simply a conduit for their pleasure.

Yep.

It's hard to explain, it's just how I am.

While the mix of pleasure and pain is very nice, giving my complete self over to someone I trust enough and know they will take care of me is just...ugh so amazing.

Its a rare and special kind of trust; knowing he wont hurt you. So, you make every effort to give him all of you.

It just felt...right. The first time I put a name on it (submissive) and read about it, SO many things clicked in my brain. It's like being a book and finally finding your place on a shelf. I was already a giver and a pleaser, and with a definition of it, it kind of gave those needs meaning, and a backbone. I can entrust my inner thoughts to a person who doesn't judge them, but loves them. I get all my pleasure from making a Dom/me feel good, whether that's through physical touch, or their smile when they tease and torture me.

I don't know, but it feels right.

Why do I LIKE it? Hmmm. I'm not sure that it's anything more complicated than it being a natural role to me. I can better speak to why I DISLIKE being put into any sort of dominant role - it freaks me out! I suddenly can't function like a woman with any experience at all. I feel like a bumbling idiot actually. And it's a complete turn off...I can't even fake my way through because it feels so foreign.

So I suppose it's all the opposite of that. I'm never more feminine and confident as when I am doing what my man dictates. And those rare times when we played at a bit of a role reversal...well, even seated atop, I know that he knows that I don't buy the illusion. ;)

Why do I LIKE it? Hmmm. I'm not sure that it's anything more complicated than it being a natural role to me. I can better speak to why I DISLIKE being put into any sort of dominant role - it freaks me out! I suddenly can't function like a woman with any experience at all. I feel like a bumbling idiot actually. And it's a complete turn off...I can't even fake my way through because it feels so foreign.

So I suppose it's all the opposite of that. I'm never more feminine and confident as when I am doing what my man dictates. And those rare times when we played at a bit of a role reversal...well, even seated atop, I know that he knows that I don't buy the illusion. ;)

I like your reply. Its all kind of natural to me to be submissive, to totally let go and trust that the person with my whole mind, body and soul. Its a very intimate and special moment to do that with someone. To commit totally to someone else. But in a way, I have to be in control in order to be able to let go, if that makes sense.

Back