Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > BDSM Talk > BDSM Cafe

Old 05-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #101
cookiecat
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonnights View Post
Might I ask; Is the need for a job financially driven or just a need to get out of the house sort of thing?

It's a combo platter sort of thing. Once mr. cookie dies, I'll be ok financially but just ok. If I want to travel, retire comfortably, have icing on the cake, yada yada, I need to work. (mr. cookie has ALS )

It's not necessarily a need to get out of the house as it is to have a mission. And get paid.

How do you define "bouncing around"? Is it moving to a new location or short term employment gigs...or?

This was in response to iamsubmissive's comment "there's nothing wrong with bouncing around and trying out all kinds of different things you might like." While I'm not ancient and decrepit quite yet, thinking about trying things out until something sticks induces anxiety. I like the idea I don't have to make an all-encompassing, final decision about a job -- I can approach it with the attitude "try it - you might like it!" But my career span has an expiration date and retirement is on a closer horizon so I'd like to go in to something that sticks.

I ask, because it seems as we each grow older our ability to see the shortness of life improves. We each have different drives...different wish lists. In my own case, it is more important for me to do the things I want to do than to remain a "productive member of society". True, this is not a new part of my personality But, I'm also pretty much free of ties that would bind me to one place. As I said, we all wish for different things...but our family & life circumstances play a big part in the things we wish for, etc.

But, I think it is important to really sit down and take stock of what is important. Being somewhat of a nerdy engineer type, I have in the past made lists of the things important to me and assigned a numerical ranking score to each one. It helps me to clear away the clutter of too many thoughts that too often result in a mental paralysis.

That's good advice. A good approach. I have time. How much time is uncertain. Thinking about my future makes me feel guilty and anxious because it's a future without Mr. cookie.

Mental paralysis is a good way to put it. I tend to look at the big picture and the goal becomes so big I can't wrap my head or my arms around it. And then I get stuck. Mr. cookie has always been my go-to in reeling me back to what's important and helping me resolve stuff. I don't talk to him about this. It's too hard and feels unfair to him.

So my favorite job? Explore every back-road in Cascadia, find the best scenery and the most secluded camping spots...try to take a few photos along the way...be happy and make people smile as I journey.

Have you checked out Cascadia's picture thread?? About Cascadia?

ETA: Feel free to ignore this...it does seem a little too probing after I read it
I like probing...

Old 05-19-2017, 01:12 AM   #102
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

Thank you for the nice reply CC. Yes, I knew the situation with your husband...hard times ~

I'm really happy to hear that you're not facing a desperate situation financially...that takes a huge burden of worry off you !!!!! I think you're being very reasonable and wise in regard to wanting to find something that "fits" for these final working years...I wouldn't like to be learning a new job every six months to a year. That might start to feel pointless at this stage of life...not like your looking for a 30 year career of the 'perfect job'.

The little numerical ranking thing actually does help sort what's important.

Free Time/Vacation 5/5
Low Stress 4/5
Close to Home 5/5
Holidays Off 3/5
Large Salary 3/5
Health Insurance
Advanced Training
Travel for Work
etc,....

I'm thankful that you 'like probing'...but the wording I used now has me kinda flumoxed a bit since you repeated it back...but enough about my twisted mind

BDSM TEST RESULTS:
== Results from bdsmtest.org == 99% Switch / 91% Voyeur / 87% Degradee / 85% Experimentalist / 77% Non-monogamist 77% Submissive / 76% Rope bunny / 74% Degrader / 70% Rigger / 66% Dominant / 60% Master/Mistress / 52% Exhibitionist / 36% Slave / 34% Owner / 25% Vanilla / 23% Masochist / 13% Sadist

Old 05-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #103
RubiDia
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SissySalina View Post
being a sissy is the best dream to live
I've developed a one item self-assessment scale. It's called the RubiDia Logarithmic Self-Assessment Scale. There's no right or wrong answer, but if you get it wrong, you'll plunge into a fiery abyss in Hell.

1) Would you like to:

A) Slap me in the face
B) Read baby books from me
C) Watch me shop at Walmart
D) Clean your room

Write your answer here: ____ and then, submit it to:

Logarithmic Self-Assessment Scale Grading
Fiery Abyss in Hell, Hell 66666

Old 06-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #104
RubiDia
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisArpy View Post
Let's say you are really into gardening. You know your fruits and veggies frontways, sideways, and backways. You have a little garden just for you and it always produces good stuff with just a few hours per day of care.
Minesweeper.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #105
RubiDia
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Necrosomantic_ View Post
Think she nailed it
Just my opinion

Old 10-22-2017, 01:18 AM   #106
1bigMystery
Experienced

I have so many interests and things I enjoy doing. It would be hard to pick one dream job. So I guess I'll pick 3 for now. I would love to own and run my own restaurant. I would love to be a writer/author. And I think I would love to be a counselor. I could probably go on and on though. I do enjoy my job, however it is a low level job and as such just does not pay well.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:38 AM   #107
AislingDaye
Virgin

Sorry to hear of your husband's condition.

If I could have a do-over, I'd either be a speech therapist, a neuroscientist, or a book store owner.

Best of luck to you wherever your path takes you.

Until the 'Edit Profile' link is fixed...

Located in the middle of North America. Seeking the urbane amongst the fragile shadows.
Curious, skeptical, passionate, cynical, liberal and conservative, upbeat, sarcastic.
Wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt, aspiring writer. More the former than the final.
(additional information when the profile issue is resolved)

Old 10-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #108
jaF0
Worthless Toad

The person that closes and locks the cell door on 'Rump.

< ~~~: Silently Enraged :~~~ >
No, I'm not OK.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #109
_Necrosomantic_
N A i A

One far away from here.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #110
TheOldWidow
Literotica Guru

I'd like to have my dream job of being a tea and spice buyer. Think of the places you would need to visit, the fantastic people waiting to be met, and the danger that would be a daily occurrence in the far off countries.

Think how alive you would feel, how vigilant and aware you would need to be; the satisfaction in a job well done against dangerous odds.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #111
chame1eon
Really Really Experienced

I'd be one of the guys that hand reverse engineers new malware

Not a lot of those jobs though and the people who have them love them.
I'm a 36 year old bisexual women who works in IT. I've been with my bf for more than a decade and we have 2 young kids, but he knows I come here. I didn't come here to chat originally, but I'm warming to the idea. OK I'm warm to the idea now lol.

I'm not opposed to the idea of voice or video chat, but its never a good time and roleplay style chat reminds me of DnD, but without the cool magic swords.

I'm not interested in chatting with people a lot older than me, though I don't mind a friendly conversation. If you want to chat I would at least like to know what you look like. I'll probably add a picture later, but for now you can see my thread in the amateur board.

Also I've been peeking in here when I'm at places like work or just busy so if I'm online, but don't answer your pm right away please don't take it personally.

Old 10-22-2017, 03:03 PM   #112
pumperguy191
Really Really Experienced

I'd like to have my dream job of being a tea and spice buyer. Think of the places you would need to visit, the fantastic people waiting to be met, and the danger that would be a daily occurrence in the far off countries.

Think how alive you would feel, how vigilant and aware you would need to be; the satisfaction in a job well done against dangerous odds.

That is actually really cool. Never would have thought of that.

I had a dream job off and on for 28 years. The problem was management. They made it miserable at times. Several times over the years, the owner hired an analyst to determine how the company could be improved, financially and moral wise. The answer was always the same, the owner was at fault. He never listened. He always got his cut of the profit and made everyone's life miserable. One day, his fresh out of college know it all son and I had a disagreement. I was fired right after lunch. Best thing that could have happened.