Cecily’s Audition stuck in pending

Joined
Feb 13, 2018
Posts
8
Hi, I want to make some small changes to “Cecily’s Audition” for a better story flow. I uploaded the edits with the title “Cecily’s Audition - EDITED AGAIN”, quickly after submitting a smaller edit. It’s been several days and only the earlier edit completed, not this latest edit. Could someone please take a look?

By the way, it would really be a better experience for authors if we got a basic WYSIWYG for immediately completing our edits.
 
There's nobody here who can "take a look."

If you tweak a story while it's in the queue, it goes to the back of the queue and the clock starts again. There is one site editor (Laurel) who skims for content and processes for publication - this Editors Forum is for general discussion about writing editorial issues or folk seeking an editor's eye, but it's not an enquiry portal for the submission process.

If you've bumped your own story, you just have to be patient, I'm afraid.

Nice thought re the WYSIWYG, but wishful thinking, the site back-end being what it is. The issue is that the input is one thing (.txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, whatever you use); the submit page has to cater for that variety of inputs; and the published version is different again. Until your story is vetted and published, it doesn't look like the final version - in fact, it's possibly not even been looked at yet, coz you took it back and started again.

It really is a case where authors have to get their copy as good as they can before they submit.
 
Hey, it’s been a few days. Could we take a look at the edit again? It’s been pending past a week now.
 
Hey, it’s been a few days. Could we take a look at the edit again? It’s been pending past a week now.


Turn on Private Messages.

* To switch on your Private Messages, go to User CP (top left of this page), click on Edit Options (in the left hand column), and then tick Enable Private Messaging in the second box down. Make sure that the box titled Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators is NOT ticked. Finally, click Save Changes at the bottom of that page.


Then do as eb said and send a PM to Laurel.
 
Back
Top