Good Knight Sweet Succubus

He was assuring Angela he would be fine, and he would; when his ears stopped ringing and his vision returned to one point instead of double vision. Still, it was kind of her to check on his well being. He smiled at her warmly.

They talked back and forth about the evil inside and eventually decided to enter despite Angela’s reservations. He knew that they could not turn away from this chance if there was a powerful source of evil inside. All the people inside were at risk.

He let Angela take the lead as he took the time to gather his wits and scout the inn out. Nothing seemed out of place so far, everything seemed entirely normal actually. Music was coming from the band, the inn was not overly crowded. So why did he feel an overwhelming sense of dread still?

They were seated with their backs to the wall and a barmaid came up to take their orders. Strahan pulled off his helmet looking much more hale than when he put it on. He offered a smile at Angela as if to reassure her of his health, then he ordered roasted mutton, honey bread because it sounded good, and a vegetable soup.

He tilted his head as he listened to the conversation. He waited for the barmaid to take her leave. He was not familiar with this area, so he turned to Angela who seemed to have more knowledge. “So I am guessing the local Barony eating at a place like this is not a common thing. None of this makes any sense. You would think if it were some sort of charm effect this place would be packed so that rules out a lot of creatures. The baron eating here is a strange unknown.”

He pursed his lips thoughtfully. His head was still throbbing, but he was feeling better than before. “I really don’t want to have to use that spell again. If the creature realizes it is discovered and what I am while I am disabled we could be in for a difficult fight. I suppose I could make myself bait and draw it out. Thoughts?” His eyes met the succubus’ own thoughtfully.
 
Angela

“The baron has large land holdings and to visit this small town and pub would be special." Angela explained. "The last baron, Vail Mortem, was an asshole. He was thrown out of power by a rebellion. The old baron has been waging a terror campaign against the new baron in hopes to regain his power. The people have nicknamed him “the cockroach”. I think the whole thing reminds me of politic of Hell.” Angela explained.

When Strahan offered to make himself bait to draw the evil creature out Angela protested firmly.

“I think that is a BAD idea. We have no idea what we are fighting against yet.” Angela pointed out. “Just stay alert and enjoy your diner!” She recommended.

Shadow Demon.


The incorporeal shadow demon had strict orders to kill only the holy knight. It moved in the wall, passing through the stone walls like it was moving through air. It was positioning itself behind the holy knight.

The soul collector could feel the human’s holy magic, his blessed weapons. The Fowl magic from the knight of the church made its skin crawl. It wanted to collect this holy soul… that would make him feel better. But first it needed to tell the failed succubus a message.

Angela

Both Angela and Strahan felt a bone cold chill as the shadow demon approached them.

The shadow in the corner started to glow … but not with white light… but with black light. The glow was behind the knight, Angela could feel hunger from the glow! Strahan had already turned to face the evil. There was neither sound nor smell just a feeling of evil approaching. Angela’s body instantly became alert. Her eyes grew wider, her heart beat faster.

She did not wait until the thing arrived, she pulled out her sword and stab at the glowing invisible attacker.

There was evil laughter. “You can’t fight me like that” a ghastly voice said. The voice was cold like death… frozen in an evil chill.

“Angela… you will stop this quest. Turn around and give it up. Or your masters from hell will come for you.” The ghastly voice said

“FUCK OFF” Angela replied. Her answer made the shadow angry. A shadow hand reached for her arm, she cut at it with her sword, but the sword passed through the shadow. The hand’s claws did not pass through her arm however. It torn into her flesh. “AGHHH” Angela cried out as deep claw marks appeared on her arm, blood gushing out!

“I shall kill you later, the Knight is first!” The shadow demon told Angela as it sprang at Strahan!
 
Last edited:
The Knight listened as Angela gave him a brief history of the area. Neither of the men sounded like particularly good individuals. Still he was not responsible for local politics within reason. As long as the local barony let the local populace live their lives in relative peace he would not interfere. There seemed to be no evidence that the new ruler was causing undue suffering so for now he would let things play out as they were.

“Well neither man strikes me as a particularly great fellow. Still I don’t think it is our concern yet.”

She recommended that he simply enjoy his meal and let things play out. He didn’t like that idea but she had a fair point about not knowing what they were up against. That didn’t make the hair on the back of his neck quit standing on end though.

At first the presence of the shadow did not alert him. He could only feel a sense of foreboding coming from somewhere he could not pinpoint. It wasn’t until the shadow separated from the shadows created by the torchlight that he was able to actually pinpoint the source of this menacing feeling.

He spun in his seat as the darkness began to move. He had seen shades and shadows before but never had he encountered a creature that gave off such hatred for the living before. All undead hated the living, they were jealous of the life they no longer possessed. This was different though, the hatred was almost tangible and palpable. His eyes tracked the movements as it slid across surfaces. When it stopped moving and began to speak his hand slipped to the blade at his side. There was no doubt in his mind this was the source of what he was feeling.

He searched his mind, struggling to figure out what this creature was. His mind sought out the hidden corners of his memories and still nothing came to mind. When she spoke about the succubus’ superiors from hell that caused him to raise a brow, so it was demonic in some form at least; he drew his blade as the anger became more poignant.

He was prepared as Angela struck out with her weapon. While her weapon passed right through the creature he would not have the same result. He did not know what this creature was, but very few creatures of such evil were immune to his powers. Energy spilled out from his body almost like a prismatic cloak, surrounding him in a cloak of power that repelled evil. The energy surged outward toward his blade and wrapped around it. He struck out and as the blade met the shadowy figure there was a crackle of energy.

The shadow demon cried out in pain as the light seared its form. The hated paladin’s holy magic was not enough to destroy it, but it made him treat the Knight with a more respectful distance. He had repelled the shadow in mid-lunge and stopped the creature from crashing into his body, the two circled each other and the Knight kept moving his body so that he was in between himself and the shadow so that it could not attack Angela again.

He knew that her blade would have a difficult time damaging the creature. Unlike his weapon hers was not consecrated with good energy. He could fix that however, at least for a short time. When he had prepared his prayers for the day he had taken such considerations into his mind. He had prepared for just such a situation.

Before the shadow could stop him he put a hand into his belt and pulled off his gauntlet. His hand came away from his belt covered in scented oil. It was the same oil that priests used to consecrate various items, clerics used it to create circles of good energy. He slid his hand along the flat of Angela’s blade and smeared some of the consecrating oil over the blade. Speaking the words of a spell the blade was wreathed in the same sort of energy she had seen the Paladin use in his own attacks. For just a brief moment her weapon glowed with holy energy, then the glow faded but she could still feel the energy pulsating from her blade. It felt almost identical to the magic he wielded in his magic spells.

This brief lapse in focus on the shadow did not go unpunished. He turned just in time to see a shadowy hand reached out for him. The creature was trying to burrow into him, he could feel the hunger that could never be sated just inches away from him. The shadow entwined with his shadow as he pushed back with all of his willpower. The piercing cold that seared his flesh was nothing compared to what would happen if he failed to keep this bestial hunger from overwhelming him. The aura around him suddenly seemed to be a tangible force rather than just an invisible energy. Any creature trying to get that close to the paladin with evil intent had to contend with the pure good energy he gave off.

He focused all that he had on repelling the creature. The magic barrier surrounded his skin and settled around him like a second skin. The energy discharged from his skin was holding the creature where it was and keeping it from further burrowing into his body. Strahan gritted his teeth as blood began to choke him. He had managed to push the shadow out of his soul, but the creature was still impaling him oh so slowly. The wound was deep and terrible and only forced the knight back against the pillar as the two struggled. Pinned against the pillar with a shadowy claw piercing into his stomach he began to cough up blood. If it came down to a battle of pure strength between the Knight and the shadow the Knight was going to lose. Luckily he had managed to finish his spell before the two were locked in this deadly game.
 
The attack on Strahan had been quick. But he had been even quicker. He struck at the shadow demon with his holy weapon and repelled it. But the demon continued to attack and as the two continued to battle. Strahan placed himself between the shadow demon and Angela. He was fighting to defend her! No one had ever done something like that for her before.

At the same time, he had run his hand along her blade, enchanting the blade. She now had a weapon she could use against the creature. But his action had opened a hole in his defenses and the shadow demon was now all over Strahan.

Angela could see the creature's clawed hand enter Strahan’s mid-section. There was blood everywhere and she could see Strahan was in pain. Angela face and eyes took on a… terrible glow. A deep fire of revenge burned in her eyes. There was no stopping her now.

She rushed at the shadow demon and plunged her enchanted sword into its body. The creature screamed in pain and broken away from Strahan. The knight slumped down against the pillar. The shadow demon turned to face Angela. But this time it was scared of Angela.

“It is your turn to know fear, DEMON!!” Angela growled. She was more terrible and frightening than the shadow demon!! The whole bar could feel her hatred. She attacked with all her skill and power. Her first sword thrust cutting deeply into the shadow demon’s body, but then the shadow demon was gone.

The demon disappeared into a near by shadow. "You can't kill me" the shadow demon said with confidence. Angela could not allow the thing to get away. She dropped her enchanted blade. She walked toward the shadow where the creature had disappeared.

“No Weapon… just you against me” Angela growled in fury. She had clearly lost her mind. The shadow demon reappeared.

“You foolish succubus… you are defenseless!” The demon told Angela.

“Then kill me!” Angela suggested

“I’m not allowed too” The shadow demon grumbled “But I can hurt you BAD!” it rushed at Angela with its claws out. Angela stepped inside the shadow demon’s reach and kissed the shadow demon!! There was a squeak of surprise from the demon. But that was it. Strahan still at the pillar and watched as the shadow demon slowly faded away. Its magical energy drained away by Angela.

When it was gone, Angela bent over and almost vomited. “YUCK, that tasted terrible” She complained.
 
Back
Top