Survivor Phillipines, In Real Life!

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Posts
21,855
wp201226_5day.gif


Typhoon Bopha set to blast the Sulu Sea!
A Cat 3 when it hits land. :eek:
 
They've already had two days of it and more than 100 deaths, haven't they?

And, I'm game: "It."
 
Typhoon Bopha ploughed across the major southern island of Mindanao on Tuesday, flattening nearly everything across its 700-kilometre wide path with a blend of hurricane-force winds, floods and landslides.

Nearly 200,000 people homeless, at least 313 dead and hundreds more missing after Typhoon Bopha hits eight provinces.


Worse than a First Cav assault!
 
201212782211256734_20.jpg

Hang on a little longer compadre.

The Philippine president, Benigno Aquino, has visited the southern island of Mindanao which bore the brunt of Typhoon Bopha to meet survivors who must now rebuild their lives.

In a surprising development on Friday, Bopha regained strength and threatened to bring flooding into parts of northern Luzon over the weekend.

Hundreds of thousands of survivors of the deadly typhoon gathered on Friday into overcrowded shelters, braving the stench of corpses as the government vowed action to prevent storm disasters.

Bopha, which smashed into the nation's south on Tuesday leaving at least 420 people dead and 383 missing, was the deadliest natural disaster this year in a country that is regularly hit with quakes, floods and volcanic eruptions.
 

With video.


UN asks for $65m for victims of Typhoon Bopha, as death toll rises to nearly 650.

At least 650 people have died, while millions are left homeless and in desperate need of food aid and other basic goods, the country's disaster chief in Manila told Al Jazeera.
Bopha in numbers:
People affected: 5.4million

Death toll: 647 and counting
Missing people: 900
Fishermen missing at sea: 300
Aid sought by UN globally: $65m
People displaced: 480,000
Homes destroyed: 81,000

Benito Ramos said that 647 bodies had been found and 900 people were still missing, including hundreds of fishermen.
 
My god, is another Aquino in the Philippine presidency? I'd missed that.
 
Back
Top