The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. we found out just after I got out here that my grandpa has stage 4 lung cancer. They gave him 3-6 months.

My grandma and aunt went out to take care of some stuff today, so I went to sit with him until they got back.

He had me help him up to go to the bathroom at like 11:30, and at some point it seemed like he fell asleep in there. Except that I couldn't wake him up. Yelling his name, shaking him.. nothing. He was breathing and moving a little, just not waking up.

Cue quick phone calls, rushing relatives, moving him into a wheelchair, and then onto a bed in their spare room, finding his blood pressure crazy low, call to the hospice nurse...

He's stable now. But fucking hell. I was shaking and just sweating all over from the adrenaline.

So.. we found out just after I got out here that my grandpa has stage 4 lung cancer. They gave him 3-6 months.

My grandma and aunt went out to take care of some stuff today, so I went to sit with him until they got back.

He had me help him up to go to the bathroom at like 11:30, and at some point it seemed like he fell asleep in there. Except that I couldn't wake him up. Yelling his name, shaking him.. nothing. He was breathing and moving a little, just not waking up.

Cue quick phone calls, rushing relatives, moving him into a wheelchair, and then onto a bed in their spare room, finding his blood pressure crazy low, call to the hospice nurse...

He's stable now. But fucking hell. I was shaking and just sweating all over from the adrenaline.

Fuck me.

Damn. I am so sorry.

*offers consolation*

I hope that your grandpa maintains his stable condition...

*hugs*

No wonder you are stressed and crashing. get off of Lit and go unwind.

*extra big hugs* time to breahte :3

~HUGS SB~ That is very scarey SB... I am glad that he is stable...

Fuck me.

Damn. I am so sorry.

*offers consolation*

I hope that your grandpa maintains his stable condition...

*hugs*

No wonder you are stressed and crashing. get off of Lit and go unwind.

Thanks. :)

I'm just drinking a bunch of water and letting my mind relax a bit. Trying to cool off.

*hugs tight* Sorry you got scared like that, darlin'.

I dunno. Maybe weird to put that here, but.. my brain is just kind of rolling right now.

And thanks everyone. You're good people, all of you.

Oh wow. *hugs him.*

That is scary.

You need a beer. :eek:

*hands*

SB... it is not weird to put that here... we are all Your friends and are here to support You... You know that...

tight hugs and best wishes for you and yours

So, so sorry to hear that.

I dunno. Maybe weird to put that here, but.. my brain is just kind of rolling right now.

And thanks everyone. You're good people, all of you.

Not weird at all, SB. You've seen some of the stuff that comes across here. You've got shoulders to lean on and a place to vent. Use it. :kiss:

One thing that was kind of funny... he's been asking for beer occasionally, and had some of one before they left, so they thought for a minute that he might just be drunk. I wouldn't put it past him.

Oh... Damn.

*Man hugs*

You have my deepest sympathies , and he has my prayers, and best thoughts. I wish I could do more for you. Try to take some time to yourself for him.

Harry Potter is a fun story. It's on TV.

I feel like I could write some solid YA fiction.

Mine would be steampunk. The definition of the word, not its stereotypes.

YA fiction is where its at. I just read Ship Breaker a couple months back

Agreed. It's not always true, but the fun gets sucked out of books written for an older audience.

YA readers seem like they haven't lost their suspension of disbelief. And its really beautiful.

*wikipedias Ship Breaker*

Agreed. It's not always true, but the fun gets sucked out of books written for an older audience.

YA readers seem like they haven't lost their suspension of disbelief. And its really beautiful.

*wikipedias Ship Breaker*

And the writers know it. Really interesting stuff is going on in YA, that just isn't happening anywhere else. There's sort of no rules

And the writers know it. Really interesting stuff is going on in YA, that just isn't happening anywhere else. There's sort of no rules

For lack of better words,

Fuckin' awesome.

Plenty of rules in the world. To impose them on the realm of imagination is a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back