Story rejected, need help identifying problem

justsomeguy41

Virgin
So my story was rejected because "We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people or copyrighted characters." but the problem I have is I'm not sure I can identify which part of the story is non-consent.

The only thing I can think of is a scene where a character has sex while sedated, which counts as non-consent I guess but just prior to the scene the character willingly takes the sedative herself and instructs the others to have sex with her.

The story is quite short at 4.5k words, though it's two short stories combined and the segment in question is only 1,700 words.

This happened to me as well. I ended up making the real celebrity into a fictional one. Even if the story is Con\Non Con it will be rejected if a real celebrity is involved.

I had that problem too, I just resubmitted the story asking for a more specific reason because nothing was non consensual in the scene, it was approved the second time.

This happened to me as well. I ended up making the real celebrity into a fictional one. Even if the story is Con\Non Con it will be rejected if a real celebrity is involved.

My story didn't involve a celebrity, it was a fictional character, Harley Quinn. Not the actress that plays her either.

I had that problem too, I just resubmitted the story asking for a more specific reason because nothing was non consensual in the scene, it was approved the second time.

I can do that? Just resubmit changing nothing and hope a different person approves it?

My story didn't involve a celebrity, it was a fictional character, Harley Quinn. Not the actress that plays her either.

I can do that? Just resubmit changing nothing and hope a different person approves it?

I did add a note in that bottom section, it seemed to work :/

You still need to argue your case - it will go to the same person (Laurel). Clarification might be all you need, as JaneRamsey notes, but you need to do something that addresses the rejection.

I did add a note in that bottom section, it seemed to work :/

What did the note say?

Anyway, I asked for clarification and got it today, "Jack (Mass Effect) and Harley Quinn are copyrighted characters. [We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people or copyrighted characters.]" which just makes me even more confused.

I thought the issue at question was a possible non-consent element but the reply seems to imply the issue is the characters, only there are already many dozens of stories involving Harley and Mass Effect characters on the site. I don't get it.

What did the note say?

Anyway, I asked for clarification and got it today, "Jack (Mass Effect) and Harley Quinn are copyrighted characters. [We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people or copyrighted characters.]" which just makes me even more confused.

I thought the issue at question was a possible non-consent element but the reply seems to imply the issue is the characters, only there are already many dozens of stories involving Harley and Mass Effect characters on the site. I don't get it.

It was. The answer you got was "We do not publish non-consent stories involving . . ." It was nonconsent that got it rejected.

It was. The answer you got was "We do not publish non-consent stories involving . . ." It was nonconsent that got it rejected.

That was the note I got in my first rejection. I asked for clarification, they clarified with the addition "Jack and Harley Quinn are copyrighted characters." in the 2nd, ignoring the part of my note where I asked if the one scene that could be construed as non-consent, described in my first post should be removed to satisfy them. That doesn't sound to me like the non-consent is the problem.

Also, does the scene I describe really sound like non-consent to you? How? Yes you can say they're unconscious so it's non-consent, but the decision to sedate themselves was made prior to that with full knowledge of what was going to happen. For instance, if you were in a hospital and gave the doctors permission to operate on you, that permission wouldn't disappear once you lost consciousness right?

Sorry, as I don't in any way agree with nonconsent being combined with known people/characters who you are writing about without their permission, I won't go farther than say it seemed evident to me that Laurel is rejecting your combining of the two. Just not interested in getting further into it.

That was the note I got in my first rejection. I asked for clarification, they clarified with the addition "Jack and Harley Quinn are copyrighted characters." in the 2nd, ignoring the part of my note where I asked if the one scene that could be construed as non-consent, described in my first post should be removed to satisfy them. That doesn't sound to me like the non-consent is the problem.
The rejection seems pretty clear to me. The site has a policy, "no non-consent stories with copyrighted characters" - that is, no fan-fic involving non-consent. So that comes first. You either remove all reference to those characters and you have a stand alone non-consent story, or you remove all non-consent content and you have a consensual piece of fan-fic.

You're being rejected for non-consent with copyright characters - combining the two is the reason.

It's therefore pointless trying to separate the two reasons.

It's also pointless trying to split hairs - any character who is unconscious by definition cannot give consent whilst in that state. A voluntary intake of the sedative earlier is irrelevant.

So you either fix it to abide by Lit rules, or you take your story elsewhere. It's pretty simple.

I knew the sedative thing couldn't be the problem. All of it was removed, no unconsciousness, sedation or anything, all characters completely lucid. There's no possible non consent element left in the story I can think of.

Yet the rejection note was ""Both involve rough, abusive anal sex with fictional characters." [We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people or copyrighted characters.]""

I don't believe they think rough anal sex equates to non consent (I can't be wrong on this point right?) so I'm assuming the moderator read the word abusive and interpreted it as like spousal abuse type abuse rather than a synonym for rough. Is there another interpretation I'm missing? Should I bother with attempting to clarify that point or just wait for an editor to accept looking over the piece?

I don't believe they think rough anal sex equates to non consent (I can't be wrong on this point right?) so I'm assuming the moderator read the word abusive and interpreted it as like spousal abuse type abuse rather than a synonym for rough. Is there another interpretation I'm missing? Should I bother with attempting to clarify that point or just wait for an editor to accept looking over the piece?
It's up to you to address the latest rejection by changing your anal sex scene to make it less forceful. There's no point debating the finer points here - the site editor has again rejected your story and it's up to you to do something about it.

Laurel will not look at the story again until you resubmit it, either with changes or an argument why you shouldn't change anything. Or, take the quite strong hint and don't write about copyrighted characters the way you are. This is your third rejection - it's obviously unpalatable to the site editor the way it's currently written.

Should I bother with attempting to clarify that point or just wait for an editor to accept looking over the piece?

My first story got rejected because Laurel considered it rape and rape is not acceptable. So I added a sentence or two but otherwise leaving the story intact and it was accepted. Try looking at your original submission bearing the reason for rejection in mind and then delete, amend or add accordingly. You can always put an explanation in the comments box if you feel something needs clarification. But you are limited as to the numbers of words.

It's up to you to address the latest rejection by changing your anal sex scene to make it less forceful. There's no point debating the finer points here - the site editor has again rejected your story and it's up to you to do something about it.

Laurel will not look at the story again until you resubmit it, either with changes or an argument why you shouldn't change anything. Or, take the quite strong hint and don't write about copyrighted characters the way you are. This is your third rejection - it's obviously unpalatable to the site editor the way it's currently written.

I'm trying to. Can I just send it to you and you can have a look over it?

I'm trying to. Can I just send it to you and you can have a look over it?
No, sorry. Non-con is of no interest to me, and I don't know what will fly, and what won't. All I can say is Laurel has rejected it three times now for a cumulative set of reasons, so it must be a little nasty, somewhere in there. Emirus will tell you how I reacted to one "his non-con without warning" stories, which completely spoiled my Sunday morning coffee. Maybe he'll take a quick look.

No, sorry. Non-con is of no interest to me, and I don't know what will fly, and what won't. All I can say is Laurel has rejected it three times now for a cumulative set of reasons, so it must be a little nasty, somewhere in there. Emirus will tell you how I reacted to one "his non-con without warning" stories, which completely spoiled my Sunday morning coffee. Maybe he'll take a quick look.

Alright fair enough, but just saying, it's not non-con.

Alright fair enough, but just saying, it's not non-con.
Your first post sorta-kinda says it is:
The only thing I can think of is a scene where a character has sex while sedated, which counts as non-consent I guess but just prior to the scene the character willingly takes the sedative herself and instructs the others to have sex with her.

I know this isn’t the direct answer the op is looking for but I just wanted to point out that, if you can create a fictional character very similar to the real life celebrity, then the character is yours to work with.

The goin rule of thumb, as I understand it, is that Literotica is for stories for people who want to enjoy the fantasy of sex, so the people in the story should find a way to enjoy what they are doing, even if it is through difficult situations. This wasn’t always strictly the case, as you can see from older stories.

Back