Writing Goal for the Day?

Nothing like avoiding writing (and I'm sure my not writing is causing loud cheers and sighs of relief in certain quarters). Moved office yesterday, so no Internet at what I laughingly call "work", and the prospect of no work phones during current strike by Verizon phone installers. My niece's husband is one of the strikers, so I'll do without work phones for the sake of family harmony. Now to try to research (thanks again, Tatyana) the next chapter. And you're right--starting a chaptered story when already working on one is instant disaster.

Nothing like avoiding writing (and I'm sure my not writing is causing loud cheers and sighs of relief in certain quarters). Moved office yesterday, so no Internet at what I laughingly call "work", and the prospect of no work phones during current strike by Verizon phone installers. My niece's husband is one of the strikers, so I'll do without work phones for the sake of family harmony. Now to try to research (thanks again, Tatyana) the next chapter. And you're right--starting a chaptered story when already working on one is instant disaster.

Verizon strike ended, so lost that excuse. Got to write it, might as well do it.

Now, see, bragging like that is just mean. ;) Except for the coffee part -- ick. I don't like coffee.

So I got up kind of early to see if I could write something. Guess I'd better start.

Baha, that's the devil in me ;)

If I didn't have a serious addiction--er--infatuation with coffee I would be a tea drinker. Though, afternoon tea is an absolute must. How did your writing go? Hopefully you were able to get into the 'zone.'

Today was an utter waste. I stopped at a friend's store and got lost in hours of conversation and then to now, stuck on Twitter (ugh, not my fondest of moments but still) and have only gotten about 5 pages written so far tonight. I have a feeling it's going to be a really late one, considering I'll be out all day tomorrow. Son of a B.

Evening all :)

Baha, that's the devil in me ;)

If I didn't have a serious addiction--er--infatuation with coffee I would be a tea drinker. Though, afternoon tea is an absolute must. How did your writing go? Hopefully you were able to get into the 'zone.'

Today was an utter waste. I stopped at a friend's store and got lost in hours of conversation and then to now, stuck on Twitter (ugh, not my fondest of moments but still) and have only gotten about 5 pages written so far tonight. I have a feeling it's going to be a really late one, considering I'll be out all day tomorrow. Son of a B.

Evening all :)

I do like tea, and chais, and hot chocolates. :) I just can't drink coffee, it's too bitter. When I started my previous job, my boss thought I just needed "the right cup" and tried but there is no amount of coffee or sweetener that will coffee palatable for me.

Oddly, I don't mind the way it smells.

I got some stuff done last night on my reindeer story while watching Unstoppable (surprisingly entertaining). The morning was a no-go as the little one got up about 15 mins after I did. Then the hub had to work a lot of the day, then there's lunch, dinner, etc. Sigh.

Not sure about today. Woke up not feeling so great but that may change after having breakfast, I guess. Grocery shopping is on the agenda. Then we'll see. I wanted to get up early today but when I did wake up around 6am, I felt a little sick and fell back to sleep.

"Not sure about today. Woke up not feeling so great but that may change after having breakfast, I guess. Grocery shopping is on the agenda. Then we'll see. I wanted to get up early today but when I did wake up around 6am, I felt a little sick and fell back to sleep."

SA Penn Lady, you have me worried. Shouldn't you see a doctor? Maybe because I've got to get two babies born, and I'm trying to avoid writing about them, I'm focusing on symptoms and getting anxious.

"Not sure about today. Woke up not feeling so great but that may change after having breakfast, I guess. Grocery shopping is on the agenda. Then we'll see. I wanted to get up early today but when I did wake up around 6am, I felt a little sick and fell back to sleep."

SA Penn Lady, you have me worried. Shouldn't you see a doctor? Maybe because I've got to get two babies born, and I'm trying to avoid writing about them, I'm focusing on symptoms and getting anxious.

LOL

Estragon, you're a sweetie, but trust me, babies are not my problem, not that way. We took steps. Ahem. My kiddies are just kind of bored and wanting attention, and that wears on a person, even though I love them like crazy.

I'm just tired and frustrated at lack of writing time, which is leading to things like staying up late and etc., which isn't great for a person's overall health. Mostly I just need a break, but a break is exceedingly hard to come by.

But thanks. :)

Starting to slog through a coauthored Shabbu e-book that's building--Yap Yap--to see what Sabb has added to it and then to consider how I can/want to add to/reshape it in my next phase. Coauthoring is much harder in composition than doing it all yourself. But it can be very interesting too.

sr, would you mind if I PM'd you a question about co-authoring? Not with you, but something that I've been working on with someone else.

sr, would you mind if I PM'd you a question about co-authoring? Not with you, but something that I've been working on with someone else.

Sure, feel free. I won't be answering for a couple of hours, though--sorry. As I'm off to watch Masterpiece Theater.

Well, how about that. Actually wrote something. Changed a scene in Ch 5 of my hockey story. Now, for bed, and perhaps another try at the early morning writing. I'm such an optimist.

Okay, so I got up at 6:30am to try to get some writing in. Had to do a little work first, did that, and then got maybe 20 mins of writing before the little on got up... sigh...

Okay, so I got up at 6:30am to try to get some writing in. Had to do a little work first, did that, and then got maybe 20 mins of writing before the little on got up... sigh...

How would you like 20 "Little Ones" running around, not to mention 2 phones an intercom, salesmen, truck drivers, and a damned big post hole digger in the front yard. :rolleyes:

I'd lock the door and hide but they would just call my cell phone. :eek:

Where is the hair pulling Smilie when ya really, really need it.

And it's not even eight o'clock yet. :cool:

If I would just sit down and do it, I'd be able to submit Exhibitions 3 in one week. I've got a friend coming to town this week, so Wednesday and Thursday are pretty much shot. There's always next weekend....

For today, I will get my characters through lunch. That should give me a couple of Word pages. :)

Good luck with finding writing time, PL.

If I would just sit down and do it, I'd be able to submit Exhibitions 3 in one week. I've got a friend coming to town this week, so Wednesday and Thursday are pretty much shot. There's always next weekend....

For today, I will get my characters through lunch. That should give me a couple of Word pages. :)

Good luck with finding writing time, PL.

The hub said he'd try to get me some today. I won't hold him to it, but it's sweet of him to offer. He says he's this close and I hope he is, but often there's that last-minute roadblock.

Lunch, eh? An arousing lunch, I'm sure. ;)

And good luck to you, too. I know having -- or being -- company can throw a wrench in the works. :)

Recovered from the proposition you got last night?

Well, how about that. Actually wrote something. Changed a scene in Ch 5 of my hockey story. Now, for bed, and perhaps another try at the early morning writing. I'm such an optimist.

Woop! I'd say that was a fabulous night for getting 'er done!

Its all in the intentions right?

I crashed early last night, feel like a truck ran over me and have a dinner tonight. Thankfully I brought my notebook with me because ill have little time on a computer but can jot down ideas.

Lunch, eh? An arousing lunch, I'm sure. ;)

And good luck to you, too. I know having -- or being -- company can throw a wrench in the works. :)

Recovered from the proposition you got last night?

Arousing lunch? Knowing the characters I'm working with, that's a foregone conclusion. Add in flirting in French, and the sky's the limit!

Pfft. That was the funniest thing, ever. I forwarded it to another friend who was appropriately thankful that I'd received it instead of him.

Feel better soon, IL! That 'truck running over' business is never fun.

In other news, someone at the paper's puzzle page screwed up. The Monday morning Sudoku is supposed to be EASY! This one is kicking my ass.

Did a weekend just occur? Hmmm. I think I missed it. Damn.

I would state a goal, but since I never meet them, I'll just say progress.

Originally Posted by PennLady
The hub said he'd try to get me some today.

*snickers*

Well, he'd do that too, if I let him, but y'know, the kids and all... ;)

Feel better, IL.

And LfT -- There was allegedly a weekend but it blurred into my week so I'm not sure.

I'm re-reading 3 old friends to capture writing lessons I missed the 1st time.

1. LET US NOW PRAISE FAMOUS MEN by James Agee. Jimmy Agee died young but left two significant accomplishments: one Pulitzer Prize novel, A DEATH IN THE FAMILY, and THE monument to the Great Depression, LET US NOW PRAISE FAMOUS MEN. Agee had a goldmine but did nuthin with the ore it produced. His prose is simply fat veins of gold encrusted with rock that convulses your imagination. I read a chapter and shit epigrams for 6 hours.

2. MOUNTAIN PEOPLE by Colin Turnbull. The Ik tribe of Uganda are the only people Turnbull hated. They were feral in the worst sense of the word, and few of them lived beyond adolescence....like the kids in Stephen Kings CHILDREN OF THE CORN.

3. WHAT DO YOU SAY AFTER YOU SAY HELLO? by Eric Berne MD. The Bible of scripts people live and the social games they play.

Getting old is turning me into a bitch

Got some beta-reading done over the weekend, plus some writing. Getting the kids ready for back-to-school, too. Was holding a medical form for my daughter all summer long, keeping it in my bag so it wouldn't get lost. Now I need it and can't fucking find it. These are the things that make me want to pull my damn hair out.

Got some beta-reading done over the weekend, plus some writing. Getting the kids ready for back-to-school, too. Was holding a medical form for my daughter all summer long, keeping it in my bag so it wouldn't get lost. Now I need it and can't fucking find it. These are the things that make me want to pull my damn hair out.

Did you change bags by any chance?

Sometimes the obvious is too oblivious.

Back