Cheat-ify The Bitch

1) https://youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ

To anyone who knows better, the bluetooth hacking looks just as silly as this. This is to be avoided, on Literotica or anywhere.

2)https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/...murder-during-the-commission-of-a-felony.html

And

https://legaldictionary.net/invasion-of-privacy/

Based on these, second degree murder is the more likely crime that the POV would be charged with. I overreached with first degree, but not by much.

Some people would argue that fiction has a responsibility for its content. If, for example, a reader reads a story in which a white man beats up a black man and then goes out and does exactly that, how much responsibility does that author bear?

Similarly, for example, many would argue that BDSM fiction has a responsibility to show BDSM correctly and accurately. There are real dangers involved in BDSM and, when done wrong, presents legitimate health threats to those involved.

Those are both fair points of view. I disagree with them, but they're fair. What I do believe, however, is that questionable and serious content should be handled appropriately. In other words, a story that presents stab wounds as a good thing is irresponsible. Likewise, Mary Sue-ing your way through murder is not just distasteful but badly conceived and dangerous. I've written some pretty dark material, but the perpetrators are not glorified let alone vindicated.

To me, this is a less serious version of shouting 'fire' in a theater. It doesn't matter that you're trying to squeeze something into 750 words or that it's "just on Lit". Irresponsible is irresponsible. You not liking that doesn't make it not true.

Rurger5 is another writer who didn't like what I had to say about his story. Him taking shots at me is nothing new.
It's petty and predictable.

NotWise, Hypoxia, CoffeeWithMonkeys, and PrevertOne, however, have no axe to grind with me. When they disagree, they do so because they simply disagree. This should be obvious, but their opinions are exactly as important as mine, which is to say we're each just one person and not necessarily experts whose opinions carry extra weight.

In the end, listen to the advice that makes the most sense to you, not the advice you like because it makes you feel good.

Last edited:
NotWise, Hypoxia, CoffeeWithMonkeys, and PrevertOne, however, have no axe to grind with me. When they disagree, they do so because they simply disagree. This should be obvious, but their opinions are exactly as important as mine, which is to say we're each just one person and not necessarily experts whose opinions carry extra weight.
I have no energy for axe-grinding. I don't strain to engage for vicious lulz. “It's amazing how much 'mature wisdom' resembles being too tired.” --RA Heinlein. I don't bother with the General and Politics forums because I'm too tired to fight for no gain. Why argue with a dozen fucktards whose opinions won't change?

So I stick to forums (foraminae?) inhabited mostly by actual or wannabe authors. I may mock but I don't demean, criticize or argue. I lack the energy.

I have no energy for axe-grinding. I don't strain to engage for vicious lulz. “It's amazing how much 'mature wisdom' resembles being too tired.” --RA Heinlein. I don't bother with the General and Politics forums because I'm too tired to fight for no gain. Why argue with a dozen fucktards whose opinions won't change?

So I stick to forums (foraminae?) inhabited mostly by actual or wannabe authors. I may mock but I don't demean, criticize or argue. I lack the energy.

I always value your input. We don't interact often, but you have very unique and interesting ways of looking at things that I pin for digestion.

Well, the true crime against nerds is as simple as throwing some buzzwords in a way they don't stick. The actual claims are over the top, but kind of possible... in the same way as, say, cutting down all the ancient oaks of a pagan sacred drove in a single night with a parmesan cheese knife is possible, but probably would be easier still with a magic sword.

I always value your input.
Five Euros, please.

The actual claims are over the top, but kind of possible... in the same way as, say, cutting down all the ancient oaks of a pagan sacred drove in a single night with a parmesan cheese knife is possible, but probably would be easier still with a magic sword.
Like the old Nat'l Enquirer story of the man who beat his wife to death with raw broccoli. It took seven years. Anyway, give The Flash that cheese knife and they'll be down in minutes. Well, maybe a couple hours. More coffee!

To anyone who knows better, the bluetooth hacking looks just as silly as this. This is to be avoided, on Literotica or anywhere..

Sez who? You? Don't be fucking ridiculous.

This coming from the lady that has Werebears, leopards, does, moose and other weird shape shifters in her suspend disbelief stories. How is it you can ask your readers to suspend disbelief but I'm some kind of lazy shit when I do it?

2)https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/...murder-during-the-commission-of-a-felony.html

And

Based on these, second degree murder is the more likely crime that the POV would be charged with. I overreached with first degree, but not by much..

Don't you think you're a little over the top with your criticism. Did any real people die in your shapeshifter shit? Did any real people die in mine?

Some people would argue that fiction has a responsibility for its content. If, for example, a reader reads a story in which a white man beats up a black man and then goes out and does exactly that, how much responsibility does that author bear?.

Utterly none. If we took that approach you'd be burning every book in the library. Oh I forgot. They've done that in history.

Similarly, for example, many would argue that BDSM fiction has a responsibility to show BDSM correctly and accurately. There are real dangers involved in BDSM and, when done wrong, presents legitimate health threats to those involved.

Those are both fair points of view. I disagree with them, but they're fair. What I do believe, however, is that questionable and serious content should be handled appropriately. In other words, a story that presents stab wounds as a good thing is irresponsible. Likewise, Mary Sue-ing your way through murder is not just distasteful but badly conceived and dangerous. I've written some pretty dark material, but the perpetrators are not glorified let alone vindicated.

To me, this is a less serious version of shouting 'fire' in a theater. It doesn't matter that you're trying to squeeze something into 750 words or that it's "just on Lit". Irresponsible is irresponsible. You not liking that doesn't make it not true.

Rurger5 is another writer who didn't like what I had to say about his story. Him taking shots at me is nothing new.

In the end, listen to the advice that makes the most sense to you, not the advice you like because it makes you feel good.

Probably a good time to give it up AMD I see you're getting thrashed on another thread over your "opinions". You might want to take a hard look in the mirror.

BTW Cheat-ify The Bastard went live tonight. No one died in it. Perhaps we'll escape this onslaught of bullshit and people can have a chuckle over it. :rolleyes:

https://www.literotica.com/s/cheat-ify-the-bastard

To anyone who knows better, the bluetooth hacking looks just as silly as this. This is to be avoided, on Literotica or anywhere.

And

Based on these, second degree murder is the more likely crime that the POV would be charged with. I overreached with first degree, but not by much.

Some people would argue that fiction has a responsibility for its content. If, for example, a reader reads a story in which a white man beats up a black man and then goes out and does exactly that, how much responsibility does that author bear?

For the record AwkwardMD this is what you said about my story (in another thread in Story Feedback). I thought it was more than fair. To think otherwise would be churlish.

[Redacted]

You are a much more talented storyteller than I've ever given you credit for. This story is gritty and heartbreaking, with just the right amount of foreshadowing.

I've ranted about flashbacks being something writers should stay away from, but this is how it should be done. Highlighting really interesting character developments and contrasts. It's nuanced and technically impressive.

It can't be understated that this is a great story with a lot of really great characterizations and motivations. That being said, the writing is the weakest part. The dialogue is strong but it reads a little flat without any narration. This needs something I can't picture my finger on the punch it up just a little. Or maybe to be a little bit shorter and tighter. I don't know.

Don't lose sight of the big picture. It's a fantastic story and you should be proud. It takes risks and, from where I'm sitting, they pay off.

You are mistaken in regards to me. I'm not against you. There are times I think you make points that are interesting and well thought out, other times not so much. I believe we may have different philosophies on a lot of things but the world can survive different outlooks.The only time we butted heads that I recall was on another Story Feedback thread. You felt the writer used subterfuge to slip a multi-part story past Laurel and that it broke guidelines and the writer should voluntarily remove it. I disagreed and said so and we went back and forth on a few posts. That's it.

On this thread I said the tech stuff in gordo's story was over the top but I felt some of your comments were as well. I believe second degree murder is still a stretch. I don't think the fictional acts rise to the level of depraved indifference to human life in a way that the law would recognize as such. Maybe it could reach involuntary manslaughter like Massachusetts charged Michelle Carter with in the texting to encourage suicide case. I'm not a lawyer and if there are actually any lawyers out there reading this thread then chime in. And because I'm petty I'm placing a link defining second degree murder.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/second-degree-murder-overview.html

Either way I am done with this thread. It must be tough to be always right but not recognized as such. Peace.

Apologies for quoting across threads, but this really goes here.

Yes, it has value and if her comments had been confined to (...) There's a hole plot, here's how it might have worked better.

I'd be listening with eyes wide open (and ears) I will admit, despite all this, she's a damn fine writer.

Advice like that would have been gratefully received. I am new, I am learning and I want to learn.

That is, more or less, what I said in my first feedback, and I suggested that you run technology ideas past a subject matter expert, or whatever passes for an expert in the Author's Hangout. Tons of people there are perfectly willing to answer a few questions and help you keep your art moving in the right direction.

Writing something well is hard. It takes a lot of work. It's an excellent hobby that pays off in dividends, but it takes a lot of work. I used to be able to put out 10,000 words in a couple weeks, and now it takes me closer to a month (if not more). My typing is faster and improved, but I spend so much more time thinking through the choices that I'm making to keep everything consistent, coherent, logical, AND interesting.

Quite a few of my stories are experiments in style that failed. They didn't connect with readers the way I wanted them to despite my best efforts. I don't consider those pieces failures because I learned from them. 'Failing and learning from it' is the way to improve. 'Failing and failing to learn anything' is where one gets into trouble.

Writing something well is hard. It takes a lot of work. It's an excellent hobby that pays off in dividends, but it takes a lot of work... I spend so much more time thinking through the choices that I'm making to keep everything consistent, coherent, logical, AND interesting.
I've mentioned that I don't read but do write incest, not for thrills, but as puzzle-pieces. I try to make the improbable breaking of the ultimate taboo plausible, entertaining, and smutty. So I must invent many plot devices after deciding just what I want to ensue. Sometimes the story tells itself but usually I must prod it along. A mental electric cattle prod, that's what I need.

Quite a few of my stories are experiments in style that failed. They didn't connect with readers the way I wanted them to despite my best efforts. I don't consider those pieces failures because I learned from them. 'Failing and learning from it' is the way to improve. 'Failing and failing to learn anything' is where one gets into trouble.
I have written and may try more experiments with non-standard POVs and results, but I now expect any 'style' tricks to be ill-received. (C.f. Big Banana.) I think I've learned how to provoke certain reader segments and how to pander to others. I may wonder why a tale carefully crafted to gratify a readership doesn't score high but I only consider a piece a 'failure' if it fails to interest me on re-reading a couple months after posting.

Yes, creative and entertaining writing is difficult. Yes, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. But per Sturgeon's Law, 95% of everything is crap. So we look for hidden pearls with our differing visions and see... stuff. Lotsa stuff. [/me eyes glaze over] Is it time to retreat to well-written pulps?

Back