Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

tumblr_m5m7ygvg4l1qea7tao1_500.png


Ignacio.jpg



Name: Jaime Reyes

Alias: Blue Beetle

Base of Operations: Currently, none.

AlignmentGood/Bad/Antihero) Good/potential antihero

Affiliations: Justice League International

Family/Friends:
Alberto Reyes (father),
Bianca Reyes (mother),
Milagro Reyes (sister),
Conchi Reyes (grandmother)

Bio: Going to have to make a lot of this up...understand if anyone has issues with that. But my sources of information are few.

It has been 10 years since the Flashpoint event that caused the Scarab to bond with Jaime. The Scarab itself has achieved sentience and free will, though some residual Reach influence remains. Jaime himself graduated high school and went to college, studying Criminology, later becoming an expert investigator for the FBI.

This is a dark period for him, he has left the Beauro and his beloved Texas, returning to Star City a drifter, with no plans to do more than pass through the city like a transient ghost. He isn't the noble minded, naive teen boy he once was. This is a darker, more wearied and mature Jaime Reyes, one who has been trained by his government to look into the darkest regions of the human heart. When one stares into the abyss long enough...

Powers:
The Scarab has displayed the following abilities since its bond to Jaime Reyes. It can opt to use its powers of its own accord, though it typically defers to Jaime. However, if Jaime doesn't want the Scarab to use a power, he can override it. Should Jaime fall prey to a body-controlling power, the Scarab will take control of the armor.

Some of the Scarab's powers can function regardless of whether the armor is active or not; others, however, only work when the armor is in use. Those powers that depend on the armor are listed under its heading.

According to Jaime, the Scarab has a number of 'options' beyond those listed below, some of which are apparently capable of destroying a city.

Artificial Intelligence:
Normally, the Reach's command sentience parameters, stored in a Scarab's database, give a Scarab sentience and serve to make it obedient to the Reach. An infusion of magical energies sometime in the distant past altered the Scarab, denying the Reach control. When the Scarab's infiltrator mode was triggered, the Scarab was able to develop its sentience without being in service to the Reach. It also had the opportunity to access the programming of other Scarabs as well. As a result, the Scarab has its own mind, with full access to its own programming,

Symbiotic Synaptic Interface:
The Scarab's nervous system is bonded to Jaime's, letting the two share their thoughts and emotions. The Scarab communicates with Jaime as a voice in his mind (which sounds like Jaime's mother). No-one else can hear it.

Scarab Mindlink:
The Scarab can mentally communicate with Scarabs that have not integrated with a host. It can also interface with Scarabs which have created full infiltrators, although this requires Jaime to breach the infiltrator's armor.

Tracking Systems:
The Scarab can track anything which produces energy, be it biological, technological or mystical. It can track anyone Jaime met since it bonded with him, from at least seventy miles distant.

Scarab Sight:
The Scarab can scan the people Jaime encounters, informing him of any major physical conditions (such as pregnancy). It can identify and scan metahumans. It can identify people related to those it's already encountered via genetic analysis.

The Scarab is able to identify thought-patterns, enabling it to see if something is sentient. It can identify matching energy signatures, letting it see if the energy patterns were developed from the same basis. It can also see extra-dimensional objects. It is continually aware of the electricity in the surrounding environment.
It can perceive magic, see how a magical effect can be dispelled, and see through magical concealment.

The Scarab's scans can cover at least a five mile square. It communicates the information it gleans to Jaime in a manner he can understand.

Temporal Flux Detection:
The Scarab can detect changes in the timeline affecting the Blue Beetle legacy; to Jaime, this manifests as intense static.

Network Connection:
The Scarab can establish a connection to communication systems, enabling Jaime to speak to the person on the other end.

Clothing Manifestation:
The Scarab can create clothes for Jaime, apparently from recycled waste and skin, which melt when he takes them off.

Concealment:
The Scarab is capable of concealing itself from 21st century technology (though Skeets, from the 25th century, was able to find it). It can shut off cameras and microphones in its vicinity. The Scarab has blocked a magical attempt to probe it, lashing out at the person who tried.

Healing

Host Reconfiguration:
The Scarab can modify Jaime's body to a certain extent (e.g., offering to give him extra fingers), although just how far the modifications can go is unknown.

Blue Beetle Armor:
The Scarab can create a distinctive suit of armor in response to Jaime's thoughts, or when it deems use of the armor necessary. Once the Scarab dispels the armor, it retracts back into Jaime's body.

Superhuman Strength:
Strength level
The Scarab's own strength is minimal. However, its armor grants its hosts enough strength to move small trucks.

Superhuman Agility: On par with Spider-Man

Environmental Protection:
The armor allows Jaime to survive in a variety of hazardous environments ranging from Earth orbit, to the timestream, to the Bleed. It can survive extreme temperature and pressure. It can survive the heat and impact of atmospheric re-entry without seeming damage, even when the earth around it has been turned to glass.

Armor Reconfiguration:
The armor can reconfigure itself to create a wide array of tools and weapons, including an energy cannon, a sword and shield, a grappling hook, an energy blaster, claws, wings, and a set of large powered blades attached to the hands, over a foot in length, that can shear through tree trunks.

The armor's equipment is mutable to a certain extent, most noticeably in the wings; initially, they were composed of the same solid 'carapace' which comprises the rest of the suit, but later, they began manifesting themselves in the form of a colorless, translucent material. Whether this is because of changes in the suit's capabilities, or because Jaime intended the alteration, has not been made clear.

Partial Armor Manifestation:
Jaime can manifest parts of the armor - like the
energy blaster - without needing to manifest the whole suit.

Wing Shields:
The armor can create a pair of wings, enabling Jaime to fly and hover. They can also double as shields, should the need arise.

Jet Propulsion:
When in flight, the armor can manifest a 'jet engine', enabling Jaime to fly at greater speed, at the expense of close maneuverability.

Energy Manipulation:
The Scarab can shape and manipulate the energy it stores for a variety of effects, including energy blasts, energy cocoons, small-scale solid constructs (shields, chains, etc.), and 3-D holograms. Its energy shields can block a Sinestro Corps ring's blasts.

Antagonist Adaptation:
The armor can tailor its blasts for use against specific opponents (e.g., Kryptonite radiation against a Kryptonian, suppression blast against a mob). The blasts can penetrate a Green Lantern ring's shield. The armor can call up anti-magic effects against magical opponents. By the Scarab's own estimation, it can even develop countermeasures that can take on the Spectre.

Energy Bubble:
The armor is able to create a temporary energy bubble around Jaime and/or people nearby. The bubble shields those inside from outside attacks, but prevents them from leaving. A Flash who tries to vibrate through it will find themselves blasted by the bubble.

Vibrational Frequency Manipulation:
The Scarab can negate the vibrational frequencies of extra-dimensional objects, pulling them into this reality. The area of effect of this latter is unknown; it has been seen to affect objects at least the size of Brother Eye. According to the Reach, this should be impossible.

The Scarab can also shift Jaime out of phase with the universe, making him invisible and intangible to anything apart from Reach-tech.

Bleed Diving: Jaime can shift into the Bleed, the space that connects the various universes. He can utilize the Bleed's unique properties for various effects, such as instantaneous teleportation, or shifting back in time a few minutes to appear in more than one place simultaneously. At best, he has only enough energy to dive into the Bleed three times in quick succession.

Translation: The armor can translate Mother Box communication into a form comprehensible to Jaime.

Waste Disposal: While wearing the armor, Jaime finds that he doesn't need to go to the toilet, though he does still need rest.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:

Green Lantern Corps: The Scarab sees the Green Lantern Corps as the 'enemy'. In Jaime's first few days as the Beetle, the Scarab did everything in its power to get him away from the Lanterns - up to and including shifting him outside the universe. As Jaime's experience with the Scarab's armor has developed, the Scarab has taken a more aggressive approach against the Lanterns, urging Jaime to kill them.

The Green Lantern rings, for their part, fear the Scarab, responding in different ways depending on their wielders (e.g. John Stewart's sparks, as if afraid, while Guy Gardner's induced what can only be described as a 'super-migraine', along with an intense desire to kill the Scarab's bearer).
Truce With Nature: The Scarab will not hurt nature, or the magical creatures thereof (beings who draw their power from the Green, for example), of its own volition.

Alien Sentience: The Scarab's sentience is distinctly alien; while it won't hurt /nature/, it has shown no such reluctance when it comes to humans, being willing to injure or kill them. Fortunately, Jaime has so far prevented it from killing anyone.

Reach Tech: The Scarab's armor can be breached by the weapons of other Scarabs. Equally, however, the Scarab is able to breach other Scarabs' armor.
Originally, the Scarab was unable to attack the Reach and their technology. Jaime overrode the Scarab's programming, 'reprogramming' it so that it was able to fight the Reach.

Magic: While the Scarab is aware of magic, it doesn't understand it. It's able to perceive, absorb, and disrupt magical energies, but little else. As a result, creatures of magic are often a significant challenge. The Scarab can't analyse certain mystical creatures, and so is unable to develop countermeasures for them. When faced with certain other mystical entities, such as the Spectre, the Scarab panics, offering Jaime ever more powerful weapons to take them on.

Magnetic Shielding: Strong magnetic fields block the Scarab's ability to track DNA.

Dispelling The Armor: Dispelling the armor originally caused Jaime intense pain. As time has passed, however, Jaime has found the process getting easier.

SOURCES:
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Beetle_Scarab
 
Last edited:
"ChasNicollette/TearsoftheWorld": I believe she was in Warm Bodies as well, wasn't she? Freakin' loved that movie! ;) Kara definitely needs to be special.

What did you guys think of Laura's interpretation of her on Smallville??


So, lil' update: I'll finally get to reading EVERYTHING in the *IC* thread this Tuesday, and shoot to roll out a post for Bart then as well! Get your....heh....migraine pills on the ready....hehe ;)
 
"ChasNicollette/TearsoftheWorld": I believe she was in Warm Bodies as well, wasn't she? Freakin' loved that movie! ;) Kara definitely needs to be special.

What did you guys think of Laura's interpretation of her on Smallville??


So, lil' update: I'll finally get to reading EVERYTHING in the *IC* thread this Tuesday, and shoot to roll out a post for Bart then as well! Get your....heh....migraine pills on the ready....hehe ;)

Kara Zor-El is special.

And yes, she was in that movie. I haven't seen the whole thing, just bits and pieces from flipping through channels.
 
The actor did decent portrayal of J'onn, but I felt it was a very muted one. Only in a few instances did we ever see the true Martian Manhunter form. The most memorable for me was when Dr. Fate gave him his powers back, and there was a glimpse of a caped and uniformed Manhunter against a backdrop of Mars. Of course the show was about Kal-El and not J'onn J'onzz. They never really dove into the character as much as I would have liked.

I did like that when they showed his powers they showed him as being a total bad ass. Like when he de-molecularized the zoner dude on the dock. And when those eyes flared red every now and then.

But all in all, I wasn't too impressed with the whole thing. They could have done better if they had done more.
I know what you mean. I think....the 'special effects', in some....aspects for the show. Seemed. Lacking, right? Cyborg? Blue Beetle? HATED both interpretations of them! They just seemed.....'cheap'. Not done to their potential.

I think what I liked about the actor for your boy(if I may)....is when I saw him give an interview behind the scenes(at a con or something)....he was talking about preparing for the role. And reading like.....ALLLLLLLLLLLL the comics. Like....EVERY single one or something! It's DEDICATION like that, that I completely admire, y'know?? I know Tom Hiddleston did that as well, in preparing for Loki......of course......different animals to compare there. And perhaps gauging different talents as well(?)....but.....it's the *DETERMINATION* that really impressed me! I dig that enthusiasm, y'know? That is not just some guy getting paid for doing a job. That's some dude that WANTS to know EVERYTHING about his character. And being excited about it! BOOM. Sold!

That's what I liked :)

I agree, I also liked the whenever his eyes would flash 'red' and all. Green Arrow as solid. Although it's almost hard to remember THAT incarnation now, that this current show is taking place, right? Heh. I really freakin' thought that Michael Rosenbaum killed it as Lex too! In fact it's my FAVORITE representative of the character thus far. Just sayin'.....
 
Kara Zor-El is special.

And yes, she was in that movie. I haven't seen the whole thing, just bits and pieces from flipping through channels.
Definitely recommended. I love the star actor, that plays....heh...the zombie opposite her. He's also Beast/Hank-McCoy in Faux-Class...y'know....the *FOX* sell-out version of X-Men! *smirk* Nicholas Hoult.

And of course she's special! As well, I know she's YOUR girrrrrrrl. I completely dig that. As I dig your signature "hug" image, and the Michael Turner profile icon too!

Did you like Laura Vandervoort playing her on Smallville any?

I love your new thread by the way! :)
 
Definitely recommended. I love the star actor, that plays....heh...the zombie opposite her. He's also Beast/Hank-McCoy in Faux-Class...y'know....the *FOX* sell-out version of X-Men! *smirk* Nicholas Hoult.

And of course she's special! As well, I know she's YOUR girrrrrrrl. I completely dig that. As I dig your signature "hug" image, and the Michael Turner profile icon too!

Did you like Laura Vandervoort playing her on Smallville any?

I love your new thread by the way! :)

Yes, she's my girl. ::smiles::

I liked Laura V as Kara. But, like the rest of the show (and every incarnation), nothing's ever going to be perfect.

And thank you. It's been in the back of my mind for a long time now, and I'm glad to finally get the chance to write it out.

Plenty of stories to write for the Last Daughter of Krypton.
 
I'm guessing that the boss is busy with RL and no one else has the authority to comment on my proposed entry?
 
I'm guessing that the boss is busy with RL and no one else has the authority to comment on my proposed entry?

Yeah, it's a busy time of year for everyone, don't worry, I'm sure he'll be in contact with you soon!

I'm excited to see a Jaime Reyes in this thread, I've loved that character since the moment I laid eyes on him.

Who's your faceclaim, by the way?
 
Yeah, it's a busy time of year for everyone, don't worry, I'm sure he'll be in contact with you soon!

I'm excited to see a Jaime Reyes in this thread, I've loved that character since the moment I laid eyes on him.

Who's your faceclaim, by the way?

He's Ignacio Serricchio, a soap actor. General Hospital, Young and the Restless, that sort of thing. He just has this look that I think is perfect for an older, darker Jaime Reyes. And the character has so much potential that hasn't been tapped.
 
He's Ignacio Serricchio, a soap actor. General Hospital, Young and the Restless, that sort of thing. He just has this look that I think is perfect for an older, darker Jaime Reyes. And the character has so much potential that hasn't been tapped.

I'll have to YouTube him sometime, I like to picture the actors and actresses talking as I read the dialogue-- mentally matching-up facial expressions.

Kudos for not going super-mainstream, I respect that.

And yes. I haven't read much of his stuff in The New 52, largely because I've found The New 52 primarily underwhelming, but I read a bunch of his TPBs before they killed Nora Allen and hit the big red reboot button, and I loved pretty much every word.

My favorite part was when they started making The Scarab's glyphic font look more like English lettering so you could figure out what The Scarab was saying if you squinted sideways.

"HEY LOOK IT'S THE PHANTOM STRANGER."
 
Will be playing Static as my main Hero, but also a Villain if the big boss allows. Please excuse the basic copy and paste Nature of the post as I am only really familair with the Bang Baby version of Static and am not up to date so much on the "New 52" version. I will play as a combination, using new gear but keeping him still as a wisecracking Fan boy. Of course he is a science geek and now works at S.T.A.R. labs. He was designed as Milestones version of Spiderman/ Peter Parker so will keep him that way. Age wise I would like him to be around 24-25.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Static_(superhero).jpg

Real Name Virgil Ovid Hawkins
Current Alias Static
Relatives Robert Hawkins (father), Jean Hawkins (mother), Sharon Hawkins (sister), Cassandra Hawkins (Sharon's clone, "sister"), Alkalie (clone, presumed deceased)
Affiliation STAR Labs
Base Of Operations Harlem, New York City, formerly Dakota City
Status
Alignment Good
Identity Secret Identity
Citizenship American
Marital Status Single
Occupation Student

Super-Conductive Electromagnetism

Electromagnetic Fields
Electromagnetic Levitation

Electrokinesis

Electrical Displays
Electromagnetic Force Bolts
Ball Lightning
Static Cling

Accelerated Healing

Abilities

Science
Tactical Analysis

Designed by Hardware, Static's latest costume is a type of "smart clothing" which has miniaturized computer systems embedded in its material.[1] Thus, his uniform is a valuable crimefighting tool as well as a means of disguise. [1]

The uniform has a range of features that Static activates via his electromagnetic powers.

Holographic Interface: The most useful is the holographic interface, which generates a flat screen hologram through which Static can remotely communicate with others. [1] He can also use the interface like a conventional computer screen to display data either stored in his uniform's hard drive or obtained from external sources like websites. The interface can even split into multiple windows so that Static can communicate with someone while reviewing electronic files. [1] Static can adjust the interface's size and even convert it into 3D as when he is reading a stored topological map.[1][2]

Wi-Fi Receiver: The uniform's wi-fi receiver grants Static wireless Internet access and direct communications with computers similarly equipped.[1] He mainly uses this to upload apps supplied by Hardware to further expand the costume's abilities.[1] Static can also use the wi-fi to monitor and control any systems connected to a wireless computer: surveillance, climate control, etc.[3]

Radio Receiver: A wide-band radio receiver enables Static to scan radio traffic, especially police band transmissions.[4] He can also tune the receiver to pick up the unique radio signals transmitted by his tracking devices.[5]

Transponder[2]

Hands-Free Cellphone[3]

Stealth Mode - The uniform can generate electrical interference that renders it and by extension Static invisible to security cameras.[3] He activates this function by channeling a low voltage charge through the uniform.

The uniform's computer systems are fully shielded against EMPs and similar phenomena.[6] This defense is to protect the costume from Static's own electromagnetic powers as well as from attacks by his enemies. Besides its computerized systems, the uniform's jacket has pockets hidden in its inner lining where Static can store weapons and equipment as needed.[7]

When not in use, the smart uniform can be compressed and then stored in a 5-inch long canister.[3] When Static needs to don the uniform, he simply opens the canister, which releases the suit and causes it to quickly expand to full size.[3]


Equipment

Tracking Devices: Static carries several tracking devices, hexagonal radio transmitters that he can use for long-term surveillance. One side of each device is coated with a strong adhesive, enabling it to remain securely attached to whatever or whomever Static plants it. The tracking devices emit a distinct radio signal that can only be detected by the receiver in Static's uniform.[2]

Transportation

Static Saucer

Following the events of Flashpoint, Hardware gave Static a new flying disk which is a complete redesign of the original.[3] The new disc is in fact six interlocking hexagonal discs composed of a lightweight yet very durable metal alloy.[3] When not in use, the disks are stacked on top of each other for easy concealment in Virgil's duffel bag.[3] As Static, Virgil uses his electromagnetism to separate the disks and then make them lock together into a platform on which he can fly.[3] Usually, Static has the disc assume the form of a hexagon though he reconfigure them into virtually any imaginable shape.[3]

The new disc's design enables Static to use it for purposes besides transportation. He can make the discs assume an "l" shape that can shield him from enemy attacks from below.[3] In this "shield mode," the discs protect Static from anything short of high caliber bullets.[3] Static can also use his discs offensively by mentally propelling some or all of them at opponents, who are knocked down by the impact.[3] He has even used a pair of discs as a makeshift sling for his arm after it was injured by Virule.[3]

The remarkable versatility of Static's new disc makes it one of his most valuable crimefighting tools.

Weapons

Fighting Staff: Static's main weapon is his fighting staff, which consists of four, hinged metal sections. This weapon quickly unfolds and locks into place with a flick of the wrist. The fighting staff is quite effective in close quarters combat.[3]

Collapsible Axe: This modern twist on the classic battleaxe is distinguished by its hexagonal-shaped head. The axe's handle can be folded into the head so Static can easily conceal it in his costume.[3]
 
And my Villain the new Count or should I say Countess Vertigo.

http://f.ptcdn.info/659/024/000/1413727011-JamieChung-o.jpg

Name:Unknown/Secret

Alias:Countess Vertigo

Base of Operations:Star City and World wide as operative in Inter-Gang

AlignmentGood/Bad/Antihero) Villain

Affiliations:Inter-Gang

Family/Friends:None that she knows of. (Secrets do have a habit of popping up though.)

Bio:

Taken at a very young age and trained along with other youngsters from orphanages all over the world, the young woman who would later become the Countess was put through a strict military childhood. She learned hand to hand combat, weapons training both gun and exotic, Tactics, Logistics, camouflage and other military skills. At the same time she was given a thorough education and linguistic education as well. By the time she was 14 she could kill someone 30 different ways, knew how to infiltrate and snatch the person from wherever they happened to be, and how to dispose of the body safely afterwards.

It was at this time she began to show signs of a strange power. The people in charge had seized upon this and had transported her quickly to a new school. Here she was poked, prodded and studied everyday for almost a year before her power was identified and then she was pumped full of drugs, nutrients and made to do special tasks, while still keeping up her fitness and combat skills. It took several years but she finally mastered her new abilities and she was finally declared fit for active duty and given the moniker of Countess Vertigo.

Powers:

Limited Mind Control
The Countess is able to send out a Pulse wave that disrupts the center of the brain affecting Balance and vision. For a limited time she can make everyone she chooses in a certain area (up to 2 city blocks) see things that are not there, have trouble with their balance ( up is down, left is right or left is up) making it virtually impossible for them to move.

Abilities:

Trained hand to hand combatant at advanced Military level

Endurance and strength of an Olympic athlete.

Sidearm with non lethal tranq bullets. These hit and explode on contact releasing a gas that will take down even the most powerful hero's. (Of course if they are immune to gas it won't work lol)


Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:

The Countess can only use her power sparingly and the more people she uses it on the less time she can actually use it. She prefers to Ambush a single foe and quickly disable them with her gun so she uses her power for the least amount of time. She normally always travels with Henchman for this reason as well.

An average group (5-7 individuals) she could keep squirming for about 5 to 10 minutes as long as it was the first time she had performed the act that day or majorly that day.

Any time she stretches herself she then has a psychic like backlash and she needs a lot of rest and food.
 
And my Villain the new Count or should I say Countess Vertigo.

http://f.ptcdn.info/659/024/000/1413727011-JamieChung-o.jpg

Name:Unknown/Secret

Alias:Countess Vertigo

Base of Operations:Star City and World wide as operative in Inter-Gang

AlignmentGood/Bad/Antihero) Villain

Affiliations:Inter-Gang

Family/Friends:None that she knows of. (Secrets do have a habit of popping up though.)

Bio:

Taken at a very young age and trained along with other youngsters from orphanages all over the world, the young woman who would later become the Countess was put through a strict military childhood. She learned hand to hand combat, weapons training both gun and exotic, Tactics, Logistics, camouflage and other military skills. At the same time she was given a thorough education and linguistic education as well. By the time she was 14 she could kill someone 30 different ways, knew how to infiltrate and snatch the person from wherever they happened to be, and how to dispose of the body safely afterwards.

It was at this time she began to show signs of a strange power. The people in charge had seized upon this and had transported her quickly to a new school. Here she was poked, prodded and studied everyday for almost a year before her power was identified and then she was pumped full of drugs, nutrients and made to do special tasks, while still keeping up her fitness and combat skills. It took several years but she finally mastered her new abilities and she was finally declared fit for active duty and given the moniker of Countess Vertigo.

Powers:

Limited Mind Control
The Countess is able to send out a Pulse wave that disrupts the center of the brain affecting Balance and vision. For a limited time she can make everyone she chooses in a certain area (up to 2 city blocks) see things that are not there, have trouble with their balance ( up is down, left is right or left is up) making it virtually impossible for them to move.

Abilities:

Trained hand to hand combatant at advanced Military level

Endurance and strength of an Olympic athlete.

Sidearm with non lethal tranq bullets. These hit and explode on contact releasing a gas that will take down even the most powerful hero's. (Of course if they are immune to gas it won't work lol)


Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities:

The Countess can only use her power sparingly and the more people she uses it on the less time she can actually use it. She prefers to Ambush a single foe and quickly disable them with her gun so she uses her power for the least amount of time. She normally always travels with Henchman for this reason as well.

An average group (5-7 individuals) she could keep squirming for about 5 to 10 minutes as long as it was the first time she had performed the act that day or majorly that day.

Any time she stretches herself she then has a psychic like backlash and she needs a lot of rest and food.

CountESS Vertigo...interesting wombat. Nice idea.
 
Back
Top