Star City- The Heroes of Tomorrow OOC

Hey guys. Apologies that I haven't been around in a few days. My daughter has had some issues at school and some things have gone wonky at work keeping me busy. But alas I am here and ready to roll.

Hey, Lunar!

Hope everything works out okay! O.O

...I actually had a notion just now.

How did the radiation from the thermonuclear blast of Flashpoint not completely irradiate Keystone and neighboring ecosystems?

I submit that Ronnie "Firestorm" Raymond was on hand to try and convert the dangerous radiation into harmless light? He is supposed to turn up at some point in the first season of "The Flash," uh, spoilers.
 
*high fives the one, the amazing...the ever-so-versatile "ChasNicollette" at that**because**she rockkkkkssss...!*

giphy.gif
 
I had this image of a robotic behemoth and Flash was gonna get inside it, so Tara made her a big, earthen ramp so she could get the air she needed.
Then, once inside, we allwaited for her to emerge, (having done something incredibly clever), and once she was clear, the attack began.

My beautiful speed demon.

:heart::heart::heart:

I wholeheartedly support this.

Curious question. ...considering that my version of The Flash was two people in one body, would that make (both of) her and Tara an OT3?
 
How very Tara Markov of you. :heart:

Seriously, I was just thinking about the two of them while walking home today.

Haha, I was thinking of them at work.

Gotta love ADD.
If you guys set something up(on your own or what have you), I'd totally be swept up...as a fan and pay *MONEY's* to "experience" this....which is YOU guys in the midst, of your magic/fun/awesome-ness!. Heh.

I for one wasn't reeeeeeally able to delve into the fantastic chemistry between these two characters of yours in that other thread. But super heroes? Crazy cool chemistry?

Sign me up(as a passive audience member)!! ;)
 
Hey guys. Apologies that I haven't been around in a few days. My daughter has had some issues at school and some things have gone wonky at work keeping me busy. But alas I am here and ready to roll.

Lachi, I thought I had already conveyed that I was cool with your Bart. I was posting from my phone and it apparently didn't go through. But alas, I am good with it with he caveat that we discuss any use of the time/dimensional travel stuff prior to it being brought in.
Ahh, okay. I was under the impression that the 'official' character sheet just needed to get okay'ed as well, not just the original concept. Thank you on both accounts though!

Also, I'm sure your situation will balance itself out....for the best. Hopefully soon and at a more manageable level for you!


As to the IC thread. Once I get caught up with a post(or two) in my other thread, I'll definitely look to setting up Bart with some kinda intro action. And at that point, I'll confer with you in terms of what we'd like to do....specifically. (so I'm not stepping on toes or anything like that......because he is a maniac, and "I" can be just as much, if not the mite 'ambitious' hehe)

Thanks again my friend!
 
Haha, yeah. We were hell-bent on introducing our characters and setting up their potential romance but Vic and the others were just beating down the door with plot. Oh, man.

Yeah, no, but I've been in some amazing group threads. The old LDoK crew-- I still look back and remember those scenes in Honduras and Shanghai and Bonneville, how we just rolled out posts together. Lunar, Sun God, you remember those.

You get a bunch with the right energy, it's like you're writing as one. It's so much rarer with group threads, I feel blessed to have experienced it.

Ones-on-one, those tend to be slower, more private, at least in my experience. You relish it more.

Oh, I miss that.


Hell. Yeah.

Fuckin' epic.

There were some times when it really felt like we were all melded together.... As if our minds were linked through a powerful force....


Oh, stop it. Don't even think that. You know Martians don't really exist.

(As I sit here eating Oreos....)
 
Assuming Bart can concentrate for more than a moment's time on ONE THING. I/he may have to take your boy up on that offer! ;)

Oh. And since you're such a fanatic for the Martian Manhunter, what's your take on the Smallville incarnation? Did you like that actor's take on your character? Obviously 'we' didn't get to see the great potential of what COULD have been.....in his super powered self.....but..............but......................was there anything in there(in him) that you liked??[/QUOTE]

The actor did decent portrayal of J'onn, but I felt it was a very muted one. Only in a few instances did we ever see the true Martian Manhunter form. The most memorable for me was when Dr. Fate gave him his powers back, and there was a glimpse of a caped and uniformed Manhunter against a backdrop of Mars. Of course the show was about Kal-El and not J'onn J'onzz. They never really dove into the character as much as I would have liked.

I did like that when they showed his powers they showed him as being a total bad ass. Like when he de-molecularized the zoner dude on the dock. And when those eyes flared red every now and then.

But all in all, I wasn't too impressed with the whole thing. They could have done better if they had done more.
 
Hell. Yeah.

Fuckin' epic.

There were some times when it really felt like we were all melded together.... As if our minds were linked through a powerful force....


Oh, stop it. Don't even think that. You know Martians don't really exist.

(As I sit here eating Oreos....)

tumblr_inline_n0gzbnOJQh1s3kba4.gif

...actually, I was thinking of something Martians worshiped.

Dream+as+Lord+L'Zoril.jpg
 
Has the busnapping hit the local news yet?

Would Felicity have picked up on police chatter before that?
 
Felicity definitely would have been informed by Diggle as soon as Lance made contact. So far the local news has not been informed, they are currently in the dark. But, likely that will not last. Felicity also would have gotten the all points call that Diggle put out.
 
Felicity definitely would have been informed by Diggle as soon as Lance made contact. So far the local news has not been informed, they are currently in the dark. But, likely that will not last. Felicity also would have gotten the all points call that Diggle put out.

Yeah, I knew she'd get that. After all, canonically, Felicity is never more than five feet from her phone.

I just didn't want to metagame and say she was all over it already in the two-hour gap-- I mean, it would be in-character for her, but I didn't want to overstep.
 
Biography of John Diggle

Character Image/Actor Image:

tumblr_mymuvr4jEO1rpl4ygo1_500.png

Name: John Diggle
ACD3735.jpg

Alias: The Guardian

Base of Operations:Star City

AlignmentGood/Bad/Antihero): Good

Affiliations: Arrow Family, ARGUS, Justice Society
Family/Friends: Arrow Family, Lyla(Wife, in coma), Sara(Daughter), Ma Hunkel and her children.

Bio:
John Diggle was born in 1977. He served in the military, under the command of Theodore Gaynor. Upon his retirement from active duty, he entered private security, a line of work also pursued by his brother, Andrew. When Andrew is killed, Diggle helps out his widow, Carly, and an unspoken attraction develops between them. Diggle is hired by Moira Queen to act as a bodyguard for her son, after he is attacked by unknown assailants. Oliver largely attempted to avoid Diggle as much as he could, much to the bodyguard's annoyance. But when Diggle is injured by an assassin, Oliver is ultimately compelled to reveal his Green Arrow identity to him. Diggle initially resigned, voicing his disapproval of how Oliver had been spending his nights, but ultimately relents, becoming the voice of reason in Oliver's crusade. Over the next couple years he and Oliver became more than just partners and friends. They became family. John thinks of Oliver as a brother, and would go to almost any lengths to help him. During this time John reignites a romance with his ex-wife, Lyla Michaels. The two work together, unofficially at first, and later officially on several missions run by Amanda Waller and ARGUS. Shortly after Lyla and John welcome daughter Sara, a rogue operative attempts to sell the location, identity and other information about ARGUS agents. Including Lyla. Diggle, with help from Roy and Oliver are able to foil this plot, but Diggle becomes all too aware how dangerous life will be for his daughter. Diggle attempts to walk away from life in the hero world, but ultimately realizes that this is his life's work.

Diggle is present for the Flashpoint Incident, and without his help many more would have perished. Still haunted by the devastation, this incident was the last straw that would push Diggle into becoming his own hero. Diggle, with help from Cisco Ramon, Barry Allen and others create his gear. When the MVP Act is passed Diggle takes on the job of being the face of the team that Oliver and others had drawn together. While his identity as the Guardian is not known publicly, he acts as the face and voice of the Justice Society. He is often the first contact for police, citizens and other agencies.

Six years ago Diggle went through one of his darkest periods. Lyla was injured, put into a coma, by an escaped Suicide Squad member. In the same incident, Sara, whom Lyla was protecting was severely injured and nearly died herself. Diggle nearly fell apart, but found strength from his extended family. Miraculously, Sara pulls through with minimal long term issues. After about a year, she had made an almost complete recovery.

Diggle has become very close with Ma Hunkel, an elderly woman that has provided countless children with a home and love over the years. In many ways she has become a surrogate mother to Diggle, and grandmother to Sara. She is also the legal guardian of Sara's best friend, Billy. Billy and Sara have been inseparable since they met in Kindergarten, and Billy donated a kidney, saving Sara's life.

John has become a successful public relations agent for the JS and a respected crime fighter. He is a loving father and in many ways the soul of the Arrow Family.

Powers:
John is a skilled soldier. Not only working many tours and protective details, but also working in special operations for the government. He has significant skill in hand to hand combat, gun combat and light weapons training. He is proficient with a bow, but prefers a pistol. He has trained extensively with his specially designed shield and has also trained with many of the worlds most prolific martial artists, including Green Arrow, Batman, Ted Grant, and undergoing training with ARGUS, and the US Military.

John has learned significant detective skills over the years working with Barry and The Bat. However he is not to their level.

John has trained extensively giving him greater than average physical capabilities. While he may possess slightly more raw muscle than the Arrow, he is also slightly slower, and less skilled in acrobatics, parkour, and like skills.

Diggle is proficient with technology, including computers, minor hacking that he has learned from Felicity and is adept with lockpicking and bypassing security systems. He has greater than average intelligence, but his true strength is in the wisdom he brings to the team. He often is the voice of reason, the person that members turn to when they need to have a sympathetic ear.

John's suit is a specialized material designed to prevent most bullets, blades and other weapons from permeating his body. Cisco also designs a specialized shield that is made of a rare material called Nth Metal. This shield is able to fold into a small bracer on Diggle's arm and expand with a flick of the wrist. The shield is also able to be removed or launched from the arm mount. Diggle is also supplied with specialized pistols that shoot "taser rounds" that pack a punch strong enough to take down any normal human. He can replace these with stronger versions when dealing with metahuman threats.

Weaknesses/Disabilities/Vulnerabilities: John has a large heart. Not physically. Metaphorically. He cares deeply for the members of his extended family. He generally is able to keep this in check but he has a particular soft spot for his daughter, his greatest fear being that his life choices will put her in the path of danger.
 
I really like this.

I really, really like this.

You might even say--

:: puts on sunglasses ::

--I dig this.

:: YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ::
 
Will you run on my body?
Will you cross my width and breadth with a confidence and familiarty?
Will you go further, and faster, than any before?
Will you catch the light for me, catch my lightning?

Time slows down when you approach the speed of light.

I could spend forever in one beat of your heart.
 
While there is a "Krypton" prequel series in the works which has me very excited, CBS also has a Supergirl series in the works.

I hope Teresa Palmer gets the role, if she doesn't get cast as Marvel's Jessica Jones.
 
Back
Top