What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of his presidency, Barack Obama argued that the country’s spiraling debt was largely the result of exploding health-care costs. That was true. He then said the cure for these exploding costs would be his health-care reform. That was not true.

It was obvious at the time that it could never be true. If government gives health insurance to 33 million uninsured, that costs. Costs a lot. There’s no free lunch.

Now we know. The Congressional Budget Office’s latest estimate is that Obamacare will add $1.76 trillion in federal expenditures through 2022. And, as one of the Medicare trustees has just made clear, if you don’t double count the $575 billion set aside for the Medicare trust fund, Obamacare adds to the already crushing national debt.

Three years later, we are back to smoke and mirrors. This time it’s not health care but the Buffett Rule, which would impose a minimum 30 percent effective tax rate on millionaires. Here is how Obama introduced it last September:

“Warren Buffett’s secretary shouldn’t pay a [higher] tax rate than Warren Buffett. . . . And that basic principle of fairness, if applied to our tax code, could raise enough money [to] stabilize our debt and deficits for the next decade. . . . This is not politics; this is math.
Okay. Let’s do the math. The Joint Committee on Taxation estimates this new tax would yield between $4 billion and $5 billion a year. If we collect the Buffett tax for the next 250 years — a span longer than the life of this republic — it would not cover the Obama deficit for 2011 alone.
Charles Krauthammer, NRO



Why is it that the wingnuts are no longer concerned with deficits?
 
"let it grow", but not very large... AJ doesn't have much to work with.

veteman still wants to watch though.
 
Yeah who cares if your kids have to take a wheelbarrow to work in order to get paid on the hour.

In the last week, the wingnuts from Obama all the way down have become quite fond of quoting Reagan out of context so that they don't have to explain why deficits no longer matter...


:)
 
Let's play "Identify the Wingnuts!"

A certain wingnut on here likes to talk about butts, cocks, and doo doo.

The other likes to quote american thinker.
 
In the last week, the wingnuts from Obama all the way down have become quite fond of quoting Reagan out of context so that they don't have to explain why deficits no longer matter...
:)

LOL @ "out of context"!!

Can't have anyone interfering with the "revised" Norquistized Reagan mythology now, can we?
 
Here's one way Obama intends to fix the unemployment numbers:

DOL forcing media to use government computers

http://campaign2012.washingtonexami...forcing-media-use-government-computers/479421

So what?

How bout we make a deal, you help me get rid of say Gitmo and having to be raped to board a plane and I'll let you sneak spies into the government like you want. I'm not scared enough of China to care if a few commie spies breach US defenses and I fly often enough that I'm tired of guys groping my junk.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top