Come out of hiding thread

I see so many join and say hi in new faces thread. Then they slip away to be heard no more. What can we do to help you feel more welcome? I know can be intimidating being new.

Hi there, sort of new here. I've tried several times to become a part of this community but I keep losing my nerve. I don't think there is anything you can do to help with that to be honest. Most of you seem to be wonderful open minded people and it's understandable that new faces aren't going to be your best friend immediately. It takes time. The problem (also offline) is that I'm extremely shy and I feel very quickly that what I say is silly.

Sometimes I will see a subject that I think "that's easy! I can say something about that!" and then I write (and re-write about 10 times) a comment that my Daddy has to approve of many times before I dare to post it. And even when I do I feel nauseous. Sigh! :rolleyes:

I'm getting a little better though...I think. :eek:

Hi there, sort of new here. I've tried several times to become a part of this community but I keep losing my nerve. I don't think there is anything you can do to help with that to be honest. Most of you seem to be wonderful open minded people and it's understandable that new faces aren't going to be your best friend immediately. It takes time. The problem (also offline) is that I'm extremely shy and I feel very quickly that what I say is silly.

Sometimes I will see a subject that I think "that's easy! I can say something about that!" and then I write (and re-write about 10 times) a comment that my Daddy has to approve of many times before I dare to post it. And even when I do I feel nauseous. Sigh! :rolleyes:

I'm getting a little better though...I think. :eek:

Well will just have to keep making you feel at home more and more. And yes while not best friends right away you can make friends here with a little time and good conversation.

Dropping in to say hi. Hi!
A great weekend is almost over... Friday one of my best friends and I took our kids to an amusement park. I love the rides, and we went on pretty much everything, several times. After six hours I felt like the ground was actually moving, like i've been out to sea for days.

Yesterday I was at a housewarming party with both old, close and potentially new friends. We stayed over at friends house too, and it is always good to wake up and have long nice breakfast, kids playing, talking... I'll never tire of sleepovers.

I find that i am constantly looking at people slightly different these days, like sitting on the subway and trying to guess wich man is most likely to be dominant. Or looking at couples and picture them do all sorts of kinky stuff... Gives a new dimension to public transportation. :D

Dropping in to say hi. Hi!
A great weekend is almost over... Friday one of my best friends and I took our kids to an amusement park. I love the rides, and we went on pretty much everything, several times. After six hours I felt like the ground was actually moving, like i've been out to sea for days.

Yesterday I was at a housewarming party with both old, close and potentially new friends. We stayed over at friends house too, and it is always good to wake up and have long nice breakfast, kids playing, talking... I'll never tire of sleepovers.

I find that i am constantly looking at people slightly different these days, like sitting on the subway and trying to guess wich man is most likely to be dominant. Or looking at couples and picture them do all sorts of kinky stuff... Gives a new dimension to public transportation. :D

Sounds like a wonderful time. And would love to see you as you peered at others on train. lol

Sounds like a wonderful time. And would love to see you as you peered at others on train. lol
Oh I try to be discreet;) It is kind of like having new glasses though, like a new exciting filter to look at the world through. I suspect I am becoming seriously depraved and sexually obsessive... :eek: Suppose that is one of the sideeffects of questioning your own sexuality. spending a lot of time here kind of adds fuel to the fire too...

Oh I try to be discreet;) It is kind of like having new glasses though, like a new exciting filter to look at the world through. I suspect I am becoming seriously depraved and sexually obsessive... :eek: Suppose that is one of the sideeffects of questioning your own sexuality. spending a lot of time here kind of adds fuel to the fire too...

Well one thing comes to mind, burn baby burn! I like knowing your mind is going into those long closed off places. lol

Well one thing comes to mind, burn baby burn! I like knowing your mind is going into those long closed off places. lol

Guess i'm in good company here, with other obsessive horny people. lol

I have been thinking a lot also about what signals I send out. This whole year I have made myself more accessable, for a long while before that i was kind of closed off sexually and romantically and I just don't want to be like that anymore. I go out more, I flirt more and really want to meet someone. Just opening that door changes the way other people approach me I've found. I haven't met anyone really intersting yet though, but I have hope.

Guess i'm in good company here, with other obsessive horny people. lol

I have been thinking a lot also about what signals I send out. This whole year I have made myself more accessable, for a long while before that i was kind of closed off sexually and romantically and I just don't want to be like that anymore. I go out more, I flirt more and really want to meet someone. Just opening that door changes the way other people approach me I've found. I haven't met anyone really intersting yet though, but I have hope.

Wellll it is hard to find smart, sweet, sexy, wicked men like me. :)

Too true...:( Maybe you can clone yourself and send one over to Stockholm. I'd take good care of him. Salmon for dinner tonight. ;)

Oh I am sure would enjoy. And since a HUGE cuddler would curl up after dinner.

Yes, thank You. Probably only night i did.

Three days on charity runs on the Hawg. Am so exhausted and need a good back massage. Think i might get a good sleep again, at last.

You know any good massagers nearby? ;):D

Thats great yo got some much needed resat. I wish knew of magic hands closeby could use some myself. lol

Hello

hey all,

I am new to online communities and came here because I was trying to find others who share an interest. I am not in a position right now to experience what is calling me or well anything. I have posted a couple times and didn't feel shut down. That is good. But as with anything it takes time to feel comfortable.

If you knew in my day to day life you would probably think me self assured, but I don't know if there is a single person who knows me. I can walk up to strangers and talk about the weather or kids, etc. But to open up I always feel that people are quietly judging me.

I don't think you could do anything to make new posters feel more comfortable than just be friendly. Which you do, already. Like I said it takes time. I hope to one day feel comfortable enough to think of you all as LD friends.

Thats enough rambling for now. See you all later.:D

If you knew in my day to day life you would probably think me self assured, but I don't know if there is a single person who knows me. I can walk up to strangers and talk about the weather or kids, etc. But to open up I always feel that people are quietly judging me.

Maybe it can in some ways be easier to talk about things openly in a setting like this. You can be anonymous and noone has preconcieved ideas of who you are and what you're like. I'm not sure, I'm really new myself and also find it a bit scary. I'm gonna try though and hope we'll have some great conversations and inspire and learn from each other. :rose:

Last edited:
Back