Semper Paratus

Glad to see land, though it wasn't the land he wanted to see. Hollis readied on the bow while Tyson who came up from the engines knowing they were not in any real danger now, stood to the stern and both were ready with the mooring lines. It all happened in a flash they docked, and Wolffe was gone. Leaving Eric and Tyson standing on the boat. They talked to the officers who approached them, but would only answer pertinent questions with one word answers and made no conjecture to how or why it all happened. Or who the enemy might be. When the officers in charge of repairing the boat came aboard they did the same thing. Then when they were free to go they went and picked up a couple of flowers and headed to check on Nikki before they went and tried to get laid and drunk, hopefully in that order.

KC
 
Between the blood loss and the pain killers she had been given, Nikki was unconscious when she was put on the chopper. The next thing she remembered was some fat ole cow that looked like a manatee making her get out of te warm bed she was in to walk around.

About an hour later the anesthesia had worn off, and the doctor came in and told her "Well Seaman Reagan, as far as we can tell you were hit by a piece of shrapnel when the bullets were hitting the boat. It entered your body below the ribs on the right side and missed every organ and major blood vessels exiting mere centimeters below your kidney. You suffered a significant amount of blood loss, but we replaced the volume, and you should fully recover." He smiled at the reassuringly at the young woman. "Do you have any questions?" he asked looking at her chart and making a notation.

"Only two questions doc... how long before I can rejoin my crew, and What in the fuck happened."

He blinks at her question, then pulls out a light and shines it in her eyes "What year is it Seaman Reagan?" he asks concerned

"NO! Doc!" she says pushing his arm away from her. "IO remember being attacked by a chopper and then the struggle with the survivors. "I meant what was the reason behind it?"

"That is yet to be determined Seaman," came a strong voice from the doorway. "However I have already been authorized to give you this."

Both heads turn to the door, and they see a two star coast guard admiral standing there. He walks over to Nikki andhands her a small box, inside is a small ribbon with the letters USCG Cmdt LoC Rbn.

The doc pops to attention as Nikki site up in bed. "At ease says the Admiral, I just got off the phone with the commendant, and he is issuing you a letter of commendation based on your actions which most definitely saved lives." The Admiral tells her. Now get better soon, we need people like you out there."

He winks at Nikki in a grandfatherly way, smiles at the doc and leaves.

"Who was that?" she asks her head spinning from the fast visit of the senioe officer.

"That was our District Commander Admiral David Callahan." The doc says. "As for your other question, you should be able to be up and around by tomorrow, and we should be able to discharge you in a week or so, depending on how your recovery progresses.

"Thanks doc," she says putting the ribbon on the table next to the bed, as he walks out the door.
 
The two men showered and changed into their best clubbing clothes and headed to the hospital to see Nikki. After showing the charge nurse their credentials they waited till they were allowed to see their shipmate which was a few hours later.

"There she is! Fortuna! What do you think, after all that we figured you deserved a title. She is the Goddess of luck!" But as we talked about it it was more our luck!" Hollis said walking in and putting the flowers on her bedside.

"We were told what happened. An inch here or their and we would be planning a funeral! How you feeling rook?" Tyson asked also putting flowers on the bedside. "You had us really worried there for a minute! The Chief been to see you?"

The two men stood on either side of her wearing cargo shorts and unbuttoned, tacky shirts with palm trees on them, they each had tank tops on and flip flops. They both looked very relieved to see her ok!

KC
 
Seeing these two bozos dressed like the Butabi brothers made Nikki laugh, until tears rolled out of her eyes. "Good God! she says shaking her head. "Do you really get poontang dressed like that?" she grabbed her wound as she laughed, until she couldn't laugh no more.

"Seriously guys, thanks for coming to see me. It means a lot, and the flowers are beautiful. The Doc said nothing major was hit, and I should be out in a week and back to full duty in two. Even Admiral Callahan came to visit and she showed them the ribbon he gave her." As she handed the box to them, Chief walks in looking very drawn, and tired and angrier than anyone had ever seen her.

Without changing expression, she looks at Banks and Hollis "Doug, Steve." then she turns to Nikki who was again laughing.Forcing herself to smile, Chief asks "How are you Nikki?"

"My sides hurt from laughing at these two. Those clothes..". and both woman start laughing.
 
"You know if we didn't know you better we'd be hurt right about now!" Hollis said with a big smile. "And yes for your information we do get laid in this attire! It's called style!"

"But seriously we are so glade you are not to badly hurt and for the record! You deserve that! You save us all out there!" Tyson said also laughing a bit!

"Always hated that movie!" Hollis added.

"Chief any news on what's what! Like when we will get to our slice of paradise and away from here. Or when the Crasher will be up and running? The mouth breathers at the dock were no help at all! Though they did notice that the bullet damage was how did he put it Hollis?" Tyson asked his friend relaying what happened at the dock after she was whisked away.

"Severe in several places! Honestly what the fuck did they think it would be when a belt fed weapon unloads on a boat! Fucking idiots!" Hollis added.

KC
 
"You guys know what those admin zeros are like. Good for nothing but pushing paper and giving the rest of us headaches." Chief takes the box from Hollis. Callahan was here already? she asked surprised. Shit I thought he'd be deep in discussions with command for the next few weeks. Surprised he got away so soon.

"Alright folks huddle up. This shit is Top Secret, but you're being briefed on it tomorrow so..." she takes a deep breath. "Apparently most of the pirate factions in the Caribbean have formed a loose federation, and are working together under an unknown leader. With the combined resources, they are buying bigger and better weapons, and going after bigger targets. Last week they got a auto carrier which was kept quiet." she snapped the box with the ribbon closed, and put it on the table.

"The pirates have hit a few big cartel shipments, and are selling the product at lower rates, costing the cartel customers. Of course the cartels are pissed and they decided to send a message to the pirates. They put the word out that the Abigail would have almost a billion dollars worth of drugs, guns and other black market goods. Knowing the pirates would hit it, the cartels loaded the Abigail with soldiers ready to fight, and even another boat in the area with a military chopper to make sure the pirates got the message loud and clear. Chief started to pace her face showing she was getting angrier by the minute.

"So the pirates hit the Abagil almost 48 hours earlier than they were expected to. The cartel soldiers are sharkshit by now. However the dumbass pirates thought the boat had a diesel engine, and when one of the engines died, some half assed shade tree mechanic went to fix it. Apparently he was smoking when he took off the fuel filter." She paused letting that image set in.

"So the vapors hit the cigerette, and woosh, the boat was burning." Nikki said to make sure she understood.

"Blunt actually, but yes, exactly. The pirates started to throw everything overboard they could, instead of fighting the fire. They had no idea how to use a fire extingusher, never mind the boats built in fire suppression systems. They didn't expect us to be so close, which is why they broadcast in the clear, in case anyone saw the smoke they would know a boat was burning. They thought they had more time, and figured their friends would get their first. They were shocked when we radioed back with our ETA. The dopes had raided the wardrobes and put on the nice clothes as part of their booty. That's why they looked off. High end ill fitting suits."

"I knew something was wrong." Nikki exclaimed. "I just wish I had said something sooner. I didn't want to be wrong, and then have all of you think I was a scared little girl, or racist."

"Well if anyone calls you a scared little girl, I bet one of these two will break their nose for you." Chief says pointing at the two men. "And I don't give a shit about race, if you think somethings off say something. Trust your gut, it'll keep you alive." Chief tells teh younger woman. "Anyway, the helicopter pilot was under orders to ensure the pirates all died no matter what. He took that to mean to attack a Coast Guard Boat. We got that from radio intercepts. Once he reported he was engaging us, he was ordered to leave and I quote 'as fast as a Tijuana puta spreads for dinero americano.' Everyone laughed at the colorful language.

"The missile hit before the pilot could acknowledge the message. When the chopper attacked, the pirates thought it was their friends arriving and were trying to jump overboard to be rescued, but a few decided to be heros and try to steal a Coast Guard Boat from it's crew." She stopped pacing and looked at the room.

"Fuckin' intel weenies had humint and elecint on this and didn't warn us to stay away. They had placed a tracking devices among a lot of the cargo, and were hoping to track how the guns and drugs and other shit moved around the country, and then were going to sit on those locations and round up a lot of big time criminals. Now one stupid as fuck pothead shot that plan to shit, and cost me a damn fine crew member for a week."

Nikki beamed at the praise, but wondered how much more wasn't being told to them.

"Oh and DHS is worried that either the cartels or pirates might try to come after us specifically, and other guardsmen in general. So we are all ordered to carry a side arm at all times like the Federal Law Enforcement agents we are." She pulled three unloaded glock .40's in holsters from the bag she was caring, and handed one to Banks and another to Hollis. Then she gave each man 5 mags.

Turning to Nikki, she said, I have one for you too. There's an armed guard outside your door, but just in case..." She loads the third one and chambers a round and puts it in the drawer of the hospital tray. "Don't let the Docs see it, they won't like it."

"As for the Party Crasher, it'll be ready a day or two after Nikki here is out of the hospital, we all have to be in the CO's office tomorrow at zero nine hundred. Dress uniforms," she tells the men. "Oh and if you're going to get drunk and stupid tonight, don't shot anyone, and don't for the lve of god do not lose those guns." She tells the men.
 
As they listened to their Chief explain what was going on in their world now, both men got serious. After she finished and handed them their side arms, they looked at them and then at the chief. "Well this changes things. Now we are fighting both Pirates and fucking Cartels! Well fuck me!" Hollis said re-holstering his side arm.

"Well I guess we will get the official story tomorrow! Chief we are going to the pier for some lobster before the bar. Want to come with?" Tyson said. He pulled off his Hawaiian shirt and wrapped it around his pistol his tattooed arms and large, defined biceps flexing while he mulled over all the chief had to tell them, he hated the Cartels but the Pirates were in his mind the worst of the worst out on the sea. "Well we are going to bounce! Nikki we will see you tomorrow get some rest!" Tyson patted her shoulder and walked out.

"Ya rook take a load off! If you want anything the hospital can't provide just let me know and I'll sneak it in here for ya!" Hollis said to her. He too patted her shoulder in a caring manner before walking out!
 
Once the guys left, Chief puts her hand on Nikki's shoulder. "Two things I didn't want them to know. You've been nominated for a purple heart. If command decides to label this as terrorism, you'll get it. If they classify it as a criminal matter, you won't. Let's keep that between us for now." She squeezes her shipmats shoulder gently and gives her a reassuring smile.

"The other thing is that you saved the Party Crasher, and all our lives. When you cut the helm, the choppers bullets hit the starboard side which was thick enough to stop them. If they had struck the top of the bow, the rounds would have penetrated the hull and hit our fuel storage. The Pary Crasher would be a wreck, and we'd most likely be dead. You'll probably get a medal for that too." She takes her hand off Nikki, and she starts to leave.

As she reaches the door she turns back, "You done good sailor. Heal up I need you back on my boat. She flashes a small smile and leaves, heading down to the pier to hang with the boys for a bit before hitting the gym to work out her anger at being attacked, at almost losing a crew member, and at the intel pukes for keeping their secrets and putting her and her crew in harms way

Arriving at the pier she sees the guys and walks up to them. "one thing I didn't tell you in the hospital is that part of why we were sent to the FOB is because command wants us to get to know the locals, help them out, fix up their boats, build up some goodwill among the locals. Some of them have friends and family with the pirates, and command hopes that if we help them out enough we can get a name of the leader, or where there base is. I didn't want Nikki to worry, at least not until she's back on her feet." She leans against a nearby fence.

Either of you know any of the fisherman, have one that owes you a favor, or that you can press for information?' she asks them.
 
The boys stowed their side arms in a lock box Tyson had in his big truck. Then the two went to the pier and got a table overlooking the water. Plenty of ladies were eyeing them up and they were tempted to invite them to sit with them but with Wolffe coming they refrained.

When she showed up and joined them, she sat and explained the story then asked about the locals. Hollis who had grown up not to far from here knew everybody being the friendly guy he was. "I know them all! Though I screwed a great many of their daughters over the years and it all ended badly so we can't go to them. But Grainger..." Hollis said looking over the marina, though no fishing boats were there he seemed to use the sight to spur his memory! "Ya I think Sam Grainger. would work he's started out as a commercial fisherman and then turned to sport fishing and tour fishing. He's also a popular charter! I will warn you though chief he is a little vulgar and when on his boat he will only concede so much control! But I know he hates the pirates and cartels as much as we do! Because of that he keeps himself in the know on everything going on around here!" Hollis finished. Tyson knew Sam as the two had gone out with him fishing many times.

"Chief Eric isn't wrong but I will also warn you. You won't like him. He's been married like five times. Every one of them cheated or so he says and everyone divorced him. So he has a archaic view of women! But if you are looking for someone in the know no one is better then Sam! How long this assignment looking to last?" Tyson asked, when the beers came. "Thanks Nat keep'em coming and bring Wolffe one!" Tyson said before he gave the waitress's butt a slap. Wolffe knew this was their favorite watering hole and they were as regular as you got there. They also slept with all the female staff and were in loose fuck buddy relationships with a couple of them.

"No problem sweety! Chief what you drinking! It'll be on the house also! They told me how you saved their lives from a bunch of sharks earlier!" Nat said with a smile. The two men were smiling ear to ear, they knew how to work free drinks for a place like this with little scams.

KC
 
"I been around you two for a couple of years, vulgar I can handle. I don't give a shit if he's Jack the ripper if he can help us do this, without anyone else gettin hurt, I'll buy him a fukin' painslut hooker to work out his woman issues on. When can I meet him? Or is it better if you guys talk to him first."
 
They gave a laugh! "Alright I should be able to set it up tomorrow evening when his charters would be done. The Tarpon championships are over so he'll be concentrating on charters right now! He likes to be back to in the marina by six each night! The hooker idea might not go amiss haha! and no reason you aren't there with us!" Hollis told them.

"Now let's drink!" Tyson said when the next round came lifting his glass. "Too Reagan!" he toasted.

KC

The Maidens Call

gradywhite_canyon336_running2_2015_big.jpg


Sam Grainger

jack-crevalle1.jpg
 
Grabbing a beer and taking a healthy swig, chief says "to scum bags killing douchebags and vice versa" and finishes the beer.
 
They drank and laughed no one noticing when anyone left the table as more friends and acquaintances came and join the trio. Hollis woke in the bed with an older couple, not remembering what went down but judging by the fact that they were all naked he knew it was carnal. He dressed and cabbed it to the apartment he shared with Tyson. Tyson was at that very moment waking in the back of his truck with the waitress Nat.

"Morning babe! Say can you give me a lift home. I'm sure Jimmy will be worried by now!" She asked as she got dressed again.

Tyson looked for his own clothes scattered with in all the beer cans and condom rappers. "Five times? We fucked five times?" He asked counting all the rappers.

"I wish! No babe you broke two pulling them on to rough then we did it three times. Though you had a pretty bad case of whisky dick so really only did it once to completion!" Nat said as she hopped into the front seat and lit a smoke.

"Crack the window! Jimmy know you were with me last night?"

Nat rolled down the window and slipped on her sunglasses. "Well he knows I was staying out but no not with you! You know how he gets! Anyway not to worry you can drop me at the corner no need to see him, or him see you!"

They drove to her place then he high tailed it back to the apartment.

"Nat?" Hollis asked Tyson nodded.

"What about you, I saw you leave with that biker looking couple! Please don't tell me you..." Tyson said with a smile. Hollis nodded.

"The shit of it is I don't fucking remember! It could have been epic and I have no memory of it! Anyway I left before they woke so no worries. What about Chief? I remember us drinking and then people started to join us but I didn't see her leave!" Hollis commented on his evening, and the whereabouts of their commanding officer. Tyson shook his head. before heading to the shower. Hollis grabbed his phone and texted the Chief.

"Where did you get off too! Are you ok? See you at nine! Hollis!"

After each one had a shower and dressed for the meeting with the CO. at 0845 they were waiting outside his office.

KC
 
Chief woke up in a Strange bed, when her phone chirped. Grabbing it from the floor, she saw a text from Hollis. Replying quickly, she said see you at 0900 don't be late.

Looking around the room, she had no idea who this bedroom belonged too or why she was here. Throwing ethe covers off, she found she was naked. Reaching down she felt herself and knew that she hadn't been with a guy.

Hearing a shower running she followed the sound until she walked into a bathroom. Looking in the shower she saw a naked female. "Hi,"Chief said as she sat down to take care of her morning needs.

"Hi yourself," came a musical voice. Glad your awake, I have to go to work soon. I was hoping we could exchange numbers and see each other again."

The woman pulled open the shower curtain and beckoned to the chief. Chief stepped into the shower and got a good look at her lover from last night. Chief was surprised how young she was and then she realized thatthere was something about this young woman that remindedher of Nikki.

After they showered and exchanged numbers, and names, Chief drove to her apartment and changed into her dress uniform. Driving to base she got to her Co"s office with 5 minutes to spare.

GLad to see her ccrew was already there she went and sat with them waiting to be summoned.
 
When the Chief walked into the office both men stood to greet her, keeping their voices low. "And where did our fearless leader get off too?" Hollis asked as she walked up and took a seat.

Tyson who was now truly feeling the effects of a world series hang over, started to rub his temples. "Guys remind me not to party with Nat any more that woman can drink a St Patty's day parade under the table!" He groaned.

"Well at least you know what happened. I have no clue what happened and it was with a couple! So who knows?" Hollis gave his opinion.

"Does your ass hurt?" Tyson asked.

"Ummm. No!"

"Then you didn't get f'd in the ass! So you know one thing!" Tyson said putting Hollis's mind no closer to ease. "What about you Chief?"

KC
 
"I made a new friend..." was all she said as her face turned red remembering her shower with the younger woman, and how she imagined it was Nikki doing all those things to her.

Before any more comments the YN2 that was the CO's secretary and assistant looked at them and said go on in Chief and take those two with you, smiling at the handsome men.

Chief marched in and stopping before the CO's desk, she came to attention, Chief Moira Wolffe with a party of two reporting as ordered...Sir.

"At ease chief, petty officers." he said standing up. Please sit down he says gesturing to the table off to the side of his office. Taking a seat himself, he says "well here's what we know so far..." and tells them pretty much what the chief told them without the salty language and editorial comments. When he finished he asked "Any questions?"
 
Tyson and Hollis smiled at the young assistant as they were told to enter. After hearing what was going on again, this time officially. Both men kept comments to themselves leaving and questions or remarks to the Chief.

After they were dismissed they headed out and Hollis offered that they go see Nikki for a bit. They weren't to meet Sam till 5 pm. Tyson agreed and then asked the chief what she thought of it all.

KC
 
"I think there's something more going on here. There's no way they use us for an op this important. We're not intel we're rescue and interdiction. There's pieces missing, and until I know what they are, I'm keepng my head down and ass covered." She told them as they piled into her wrangler and headed for teh base hospital.
 
Getting in with the Chief Hollis was a little pissed at the fact that they were now getting intel for the men who were supposed to get it for them. "We ain't spies Chief. I grew up here everyone knows me, knows us. They are going to know something is up when we start poking around here sniffing for info, I won't put Sam in the cross hairs either. I just won't!" Hollis said. He loved his job and his shipmates and he loved his country but he hated games and he hated pretending to be something he wasn't.

Tyson had driven himself to the base so he got into his big power wagon and headed to the hospital himself. Though seeing the Chief worry even if it were only a tiny bit made him worry!

KC
 
"C'mon Hollis, it's not like they're asking us to sneak into the Kremlin and stealing the Premieres morning doughnut. All we have to do is be nice to the locals and make friends and keep our ears open. Maybe ask a few subtle questions." She starts the car and begins the short drive.

"What I'm worried about is what else they're holding back because of need to know." She let that sink in as she manouvered around the base.
 
Hollis gave a laugh at the remark. "Alright if you say so. Again if our snooping spooks the locals they will shut us out. You know fishermen, their twitchy at the best of times. Any way we'll start with Sam and move on from there." Hollis said to her as they drove.

Tyson pulled up to the hospital and went into Nikki's room. Seeing she was awake he went in and said hello to her. "You are starting to look a little better rook! Hospital food must be agreeing with you! haha!" He joked, took a seat by her bed side. "Think of anything you might need?" He asked getting comfortable. H knew the Chief and Hollis would only be a minute behind him.

KC
 
Entering moments later chief was shocked how much her bedmate looked like Nikki. Except for the hairstyle, and the shade, they could be twins.


"Hey sailor how are you?" she asked sinking into the only seat in the room.


"Damn docs reduced the pain killers, so it hurts like a mouthafukka" she said "If any of you seize some oxy or vicoden I'd love a few." she says only half in jest.

Chief laughs at her comment, and getting a text, she pulls out her phone. "Well I got good news and bad news." she announces to everyone. "Our boat will be fixed in two days." she says staring at her phone.
 
As they all got comfy Tyson's raised an eyebrow. "Nat can get anything at the Pier, if you want I can score you some pain killers like T3's an shit, not comfortable getting you Oxy or Vic though!" He said in all seriousness.

After hearing their home on the sea would be ready they gave a small cheer. Then Hollis asked. "And we will be doing the admirals daughters birthday in Chip'n Dale outfits right! Though I do hear that she is actually very sexy so that might not be that bad! Alright I'll do it!" Hollis said mocking the news that was to come.

"Oh ya and Nikki the Chief won't tell us who she hooked up with last night, maybe you can get that out of her. I'll make it worth your while!" Tyson joked in his best jokers voice.

KC
 
"Nothing quite so much fun for you. A freighter hit another MLB and ripped off the bow. No serious injuries, and it appears it was an accident. But the MLB is history, but all the parts we need can be salvaged from that wreck, so we don't need to wait on new parts to be made or shipped." She looks up at her crew...

"Sorry guys, I know how much you want to be strippers for some hotties birthday. maybe for Nikkis next birthday."

"EWW! No thanks. No hot chick my age wants some old sailor stripping for her. Yuck!" she says teasing her crewmates.
 
"OLD!!!" both men said in unison laughing with the women. "Do old people have this!" Tyson asked pulling up his shirt and flexing a perfectly chiseled six pack.

"Who was driving that they hit a fucking freighter?" Hollis asked in amazement. "Well at any rate there loss is our gain and the sooner we are operational the better. Sam offered to take us out on the water for some deep sea fishing while we talk business with him. No charge! What'aya say Chief? Sounds like a good use of government resources to me!" Hollis said with a smile.

While he was trying to get the Chief on board with the fishing Tyson was still flexing his very impressive muscles for the young seaman. "How bout a little of this?" He said striking a popular fitness pose for her. Had any one walked in they would have had all of them on a psych eval for sure.

KC
 
Back
Top