Conversations with other artists

*blushes bad* I was Candyredlips but could no longer recall log in information, when starting this thread I was dealing with my moms' cancer-and eventually the passing of my mum- and I have been away from the site for years.

I craved a fresh start, and longed to be here something fierce!

Oil painting is my main love, but also dig sculpting, and am trying my hand at naughty little 1" paintings for necklace pendants.

Hello artists and dreamers. What is on your easel, in your sketchbook, under your hands, or behind your lens? :)

Welcome back.:)
Sorry about your mom. Those times are tough.

Sadly, there is not enough actually ON the easel or being worked on.
Too many projects/jobs which are much less interesting.

Hello Fauve Throbbs! Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! They are tough times indeed, but it is nice to feel the spark and zest of life again. :)

What would be on your easel (etc.) if you had the time? What does your heart desire to work on?

Hello Fauve Throbbs! Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! They are tough times indeed, but it is nice to feel the spark and zest of life again. :)

What would be on your easel (etc.) if you had the time? What does your heart desire to work on?

Many, many things.
Several books, erotic illustrations, my real (non-paying) job, which could be paying if....

A few Pencils That I have Not posted

I do apologize if this is in the wrong place...Is there a thread to converse with other artist's or is it preferable for each artist to begin a personal thread to share art? It would be nice to chat about mediums, subjects, erotic art, what inspires us, etc. If not, is it alright to start one? Have a lovely day!

Erotica art is just another form since the nude is acceptable erotica is just one step more i love imagining that when i create a drawings its me in them or me with the model in the drawing Some times some one will ask me to them nude or imagined in a sexual position

Attachments

• Alice Having Sex1.jpg
    Alice Having Sex1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1
I do apologize if this is in the wrong place...Is there a thread to converse with other artist's or is it preferable for each artist to begin a personal thread to share art? It would be nice to chat about mediums, subjects, erotic art, what inspires us, etc. If not, is it alright to start one? Have a lovely day!

Erotica art is just another form since the nude is acceptable erotica is just one step more i love imagining that when i create a drawings its me in them or me with the model in the drawing Some times some one will ask me to them nude or imagined in a sexual position

Nice drawing :) also I think you're quite welcome to post them in your own personal thread, or here in this one if you like. :D

Do you work mainly in pencil?

Normally it's favored to start your own thread. If you want comments from the general populace of Lit, that's what I'd do. Posting work here will tend to obscure your work, because people won't know to look for someone's work here.

Last edited:
Normally it's favored to start your own thread. If you want comments from the general populace of Lit, that's what I'd do. Posting work here will tend to obscure your work, because people won't know to look for someone's work here.

That makes sense :) thank you the clarification LWulf!

I like working in pencil and charcoal the most although I have more recently done a lot more with colored art stick and prism pencil and now in pastel. I have been experimenting with pastel mixing with colored pencil or charcoal with interesting effects
Night-Breeze-Sleeping-Nude-in-the-the-Moonlight-509585393

I like working in pencil and charcoal the most although I have more recently done a lot more with colored art stick and prism pencil and now in pastel. I have been experimenting with pastel mixing with colored pencil or charcoal with interesting effects
Night-Breeze-Sleeping-Nude-in-the-the-Moonlight-509585393

Oh rats the image is not showing for me! I'll try a different browser later though. :)

Do any of you ever submit to art shows? :) Here are a few that might be interesting. Anyone want to be art buddies and encourage each other along? :rose:

Upcoming Calls for Erotic Art most are for Photographers, Painters, Pencilers, Mixed Media pieces, Fiber Arts, Sculpture, and some accept Digital Arts.

"12 Inches of Sin" (Las Vegas) Each submitted piece 12$ Deadline Oct. 31, 2015 "Au Naturel" the nude in art 1-3 pieces Deadline Nov. 5, 2015
Look for email from Kinsey Institute about show submissions opening in Dec. SEAF "Seattle Erotic Art Festival" 1-5 pieces Deadline Dec. 1 2015 -Jan. 17 2016 "How I Identify- Myself" Las Laguna Gallery min. 1-max. 15. Deadline Feb. 1, watch email "Surreal Salon 9" looks like submissions will open in Nov. 2016

Do any of you ever submit to art shows? :) Here are a few that might be interesting. Anyone want to be art buddies and encourage each other along? :rose:

Upcoming Calls for Erotic Art most are for Photographers, Painters, Pencilers, Mixed Media pieces, Fiber Arts, Sculpture, and some accept Digital Arts.

"12 Inches of Sin" (Las Vegas) Each submitted piece 12$ Deadline Oct. 31, 2015 "Au Naturel" the nude in art 1-3 pieces Deadline Nov. 5, 2015
Look for email from Kinsey Institute about show submissions opening in Dec. SEAF "Seattle Erotic Art Festival" 1-5 pieces Deadline Dec. 1 2015 -Jan. 17 2016 "How I Identify- Myself" Las Laguna Gallery min. 1-max. 15. Deadline Feb. 1, watch email "Surreal Salon 9" looks like submissions will open in Nov. 2016

If it weren't for that woman, I'd enter...a lot.:rolleyes:

On the other hand, I also have a kid-friendly business which would likely suffer.

oh and _

Go! Go! Go, GingerMermaid! Paint Paint! Paint!

Super virgin

Hi, not sure where to start. Dipped my toe in for a quick peek. Need to meet a deadline so will look back in later today.
Artist, UK, male.
Cheerio for now

Painters gonna paint!

Drawers gonna draw!

I was a bit dismayed, when teaching "graphic design technologies"* at the community college that there was lack of basic visualization prerequisites. Of course at the community college level, there is not the vetting process of an Art or Design College.

Certainly the software gives us a giant leap towards "slickness", but that is not a "substitute" for visual knowledge.

*Intro to graphic design, typography and photoshop were the three classes that I taught.

Just popping in to say hello in case anyone is lurking about the visual artists threads. :)

Sadly, not really.
I am fortunately/unfortunately swamped with freelance graphic design/ packaging work.

Aw crap and yay at the same time! Bummer as you don't have time to do personal work, but very nice that you've paying work! Do you have any plans for your next piece/pieces when you get time?

Aw crap and yay at the same time! Bummer as you don't have time to do personal work, but very nice that you've paying work! Do you have any plans for your next piece/pieces when you get time?

Nuthing concrete.
I have so many projects on my "wish list".

More often I just squeeze in quick pencil drawings, rather than paintings or my book projects.

Back