The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all.
The Fire's lit and sorted, coffee's on and the doughnuts on order.

Frost overnight but the sun's real bright at present.

And now, if you will excuse me, I've an appointment with a coffee and a comfy chair.
 
Back in the day, all I ever wrote was poetry. Now I only write stories.

The only two poems I've ever written are both posted to Lit. Compare to Fool's stuff they are nothing but I can proudly say they both still have H"s. Why I don't know but they do.
 
I couldn't write a poem to save my neck, unless it was a ballad or something.

Baby, you are poetry. :kiss:

The only two poems I've ever written are both posted to Lit. Compare to Fool's stuff they are nothing but I can proudly say they both still have H"s. Why I don't know but they do.

My poems were very dark and foreboding. I think at one point, my mother was ready to have me see a shrink. :D
 
Baby, you are poetry. :kiss:



My poems were very dark and foreboding. I think at one point, my mother was ready to have me see a shrink. :D

One of my poems is called Dark and Lonely. What does that say. :D

I never met a shrink who didn't have to go see his shrink after talking to me. :eek:
 
:( You don't like my poem?

I didn't say that, my Lady. Poems like yours, particularly seen on this site, are very evocative (as intended, I guess).
I was just wondering, because there's a radio programme which has poems requested by listeners. As this is often at a time when I'm driving, I hear large bits of it. Most of it is rambling, arhythmic, unrhymed and is very different to the poems I read at school.
 
Aw, c'mon HP, blank verse like Tricia's has a fine ancestry. Shakespeare wrote his earlier plays that way. It's deuced hard stuff to do and even harder to read aloud. That's why I said I'd be hard pressed to write anything but a ballad. Poetry began as song and I was a musician long before I ever tried to be a writer. (It will be a long time, if ever, before I get to be as good a writer as I am a musician). So rhythm and meter come naturally. Sonority in words without rhythm and rhyme are tough!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top