Any female gamers/geeks out there?

I've spent most of my holiday playing assassin's creed and civilization V (when my husband steals the play station)!

This kinda thread is always nice to see! Gamers/geeks don't just have to be guys locked in their Mum's basement :).

I've spent most of my holiday playing assassin's creed and civilization V (when my husband steals the play station)!
Question though! Who do you play as for Civ? Or do you play the scenarios?

Great thread here, bro. Wish I'd thought of it. Gamer girls are awesome. I dated one who kicked my ass at Guitar Hero and Super Mario bros. Anyways, good luck over here.

This kinda thread is always nice to see! Gamers/geeks don't just have to be guys locked in their Mum's basement :).

i think thanks to pop culture; being a geek or nerd isnt what it used to be and its more ok these days.

i only just started playing skyrim and i love it. i didnt think i'd get into it - but there you go.

I also think there's a big difference between pop culture geeks/nerds/gamers and the basement trolls of old (they do, however still exist).

I think, particularly for women, there was a stigma against them letting their geek flag fly. Seeing a girl wear a Spider-Man Tshirt was unheard of in my youth, let alone something more obscure (other than the crow...), let alone have them actually know the character.
Now, there are just as many women dragging their BF's into stores like the Silver Snail as there are guys.

I actually have friends that complain that their GF's use the PS more than they do!

I will say, however, that I have always found geek girls amazing and love chatting with them whenever I can... Now, if I can only find a girl who knows Gundam...

i think thanks to pop culture; being a geek or nerd isnt what it used to be and its more ok these days.

i only just started playing skyrim and i love it. i didnt think i'd get into it - but there you go.

Haha I had to delete that off my computer otherwise I'd get zero work done. Why didn't you think you'd be into it?

it was all very "nordic" i thought i would get bored of it. but i was surprised when i started playing it.

I used to watch G4 when Olivia Munn was in it. I was so inspired by her to just be myself. She made it ok to be cool AND geeky at the same time (for girls anyway)

Last edited:
I want to get it but I am terrified of what will happen to my productivity and social life if I do.

Yes. This is a legitimate concern lol but I count my guild as part of my social life, is that so wrong?? hahaha

Oh and I easily threw out 12 hrs a day of my life on Skyrim. So don't feel bad. So addicting

Not a female, but am a gamer. I prefer videogames, but I do play board games, card games, and Warmachine.

Gamers unite!

I always miss the good stuff :mad:

I actually had a personal like this one, years ago. Never found a guy who could even remotely match my nerdiness and love for video games.
Back then most Lit users didnt even know what MMOs are heh.

I started with AO, 13 years ago...

Not a fan of console games (damm controllers are distracting) but PC games oh yes. Lean heavily towards rts and tbs.

Not a fan of console games (damm controllers are distracting) but PC games oh yes. Lean heavily towards rts and tbs.

See, I'm just the opposite. A Controller gives me greater...control, lol. So glad PS3 controllers can sync to PCs for Steam.

Straykat, that's too bad, but so true. I was on Lit 12 years ago and the only people who knew what an MMO was were in a small corner of the Gen Board that has long since died. Gamers wanna flirt too!

Oh and I easily threw out 12 hrs a day of my life on Skyrim. So don't feel bad. So addicting
I'm addicted to wow, 12 hours now is like, omg I have a rl. I'm taking a break until draenor, but thinking of playing wildstar, I hear healing is much harder. I also play league-not well, but trying to get better on morgana-anyone want to carry me, hahaha. Waiting for god of war, uncharted and the next resident evil and then its ps4 time. I am not good at the console games but my husband does the shooting and most of the action parts-I panic and just start pressing all the button-but I get to work on the thinking puzzle parts. It works well. I love talking about games-mostly wow-but this looks like a fun thread!

Straykat, that's too bad, but so true. I was on Lit 12 years ago and the only people who knew what an MMO was were in a small corner of the Gen Board that has long since died. Gamers wanna flirt too!

Ok, I *was* looking for more kinky type and most gamers 10+ years ago being young and pretty innocent irl I guess they didnt manage to develop many kinks :D

Besides, I am hard to follow, I hop games a lot. Always looking for that perfect MMO. AO character progression, LotRO story, AoC cruelty, Tera combat mechanics, TSW atmosphere and skills wheel.... if I could just find all that in one game.

A friend is pretty hot on Black Desert, character creation looks gorgeous so far, but I cant get excited over a game once again before I actually played it /shrug

Not a girl but I used to love Mechwarrior and combat flight Sims. Also a big Total War fan at the time.

Besides, I am hard to follow, I hop games a lot. Always looking for that perfect MMO. AO character progression, LotRO story, AoC cruelty, Tera combat mechanics, TSW atmosphere and skills wheel.... if I could just find all that in one game.

How is TSW? I've been curious, but never jumped in due to my console fanboyism.

See, I'm just the opposite. A Controller gives me greater...control, lol.

Hmm....well all I can think of when using one of the controllers is how to boost the vibrations to convert it into a sex toy as well to play with my SO once I find someone that likes the same games lol.....that is very distracting.

Hmm....well all I can think of when using one of the controllers is how to boost the vibrations to convert it into a sex toy as well to play with my SO once I find someone that likes the same games lol.....that is very distracting.

Please tell me you know about Rez and the Trance Vibrator?

Back