The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And pretty damned good coffee it turned out to be, up north. And the beer was just plain awesome.

BTW, Horner Springs Institute, Ch. 3 is up.

And pretty damned good coffee it turned out to be, up north. And the beer was just plain awesome.

BTW, Horner Springs Institute, Ch. 3 is up.

I will admit there are some awesome microbrews in the greater Portland area. If you haven't left yet, might I suggest a great pizza joint called Mellow Mushroom.

I'll have to bookmark that place for the next visit. I had quite a satisfying business trip, a nice visit with cubette and my sister and BIL but now I'm back in overheated SoCal. I started discussing with HM the possibility of a timeshare in Portland so we can spend August and September away from the oven SoCal turns into those months.

'Kay, I am just nipping in here quickly cuz in an hour or two I will be cooking brunch. So if you want a sausage and egg; bacon buttie; the full spread ;), put your order in now.

I am off to the shop now that I have got my knickers on, and I will pick up an almond croissant or pain-au-chocolat if you say 'please' - cuz we MILFs like to see good manners.

Did I see the word coffee above? Has someone got something nice on the brew? I will read and catch up properly later!

:kiss:

'Kay, I am just nipping in here quickly cuz in an hour or two I will be cooking brunch. So if you want a sausage and egg; bacon buttie; the full spread ;), put your order in now.

I am off to the shop now that I have got my knickers on, and I will pick up an almond croissant or pain-au-chocolat if you say 'please' - cuz we MILFs like to see good manners.

Did I see the word coffee above? Has someone got something nice on the brew? I will read and catch up properly later!

:kiss:

Mmm, coffee. Thank you, Duchess. :rose:

Mmm, coffee. Thank you, Duchess. :rose:

Cheeky cub! You put the coffee on, I am cooking the breakfast! LOL. And now you've gone offline to fall asleep owing to your weird insistence on living in a benighted time zone. You will miss the sausage, egg, bacon, fried kidney ...
:p:devil:

So, I guess that leaves me to make the coffee.

Morning Naoko, I had breakfast about an hour ago.

Last edited:
Cheeky cub! You put the coffee on, I am cooking the breakfast! LOL. And now you've gone offline to fall asleep owing to your weird insistence on living in a benighted time zone. You will miss the sausage, egg, bacon, fried kidney ...
:p:devil:

LOL, I actually misread your prior message. I'll go ahead and fire up the keurig. :rose:

Still got any breakfast left over? :eek::heart:

Last edited:
This may seem hard to believe, but the only thing harder than birthing the small girl child (actually, she wasn't that bad, the larger boy child was harder) is getting her to eat enough calories to actually live on.

Seriously! Eat, child! You are making me crazy!

That may have been a bit of a blurt.

How is everyone? Naoko, the brunch sounds divine. Except for the kidney part. :cattail:

Everyone else is drinking coffee, but if the Keurig is still on, I'll have some tea. I bought a pretty new mug to encourage myself to drink more tea and stay away from the soda.

I'm going out in a bit to help Biglet sell popcorn for Cub Scouts. He is so funny, it's adorable. His quirky way of speaking actually serves him quite well in sales. People can't resist him. :)

I hope you all have a nice day. It's beautiful here.

Oh! And one more thought on the blood draw. It's not even watching that freaks me out. It's that I swear I can feel the blood leaving my body and my system doesn't like it. I just shut down. Ah well. It will be fine, I'm sure. I'm trying to look at the battery of tests in a positive light. Like, an afternoon spent at the hospital? All by myself? Let's just call it some much needed me time! :D

That may have been a bit of a blurt.

How is everyone? Naoko, the brunch sounds divine. Except for the kidney part. :cattail:

Everyone else is drinking coffee, but if the Keurig is still on, I'll have some tea. I bought a pretty new mug to encourage myself to drink more tea and stay away from the soda.

I'm going out in a bit to help Biglet sell popcorn for Cub Scouts. He is so funny, it's adorable. His quirky way of speaking actually serves him quite well in sales. People can't resist him. :)

I hope you all have a nice day. It's beautiful here.

Oh! And one more thought on the blood draw. It's not even watching that freaks me out. It's that I swear I can feel the blood leaving my body and my system doesn't like it. I just shut down. Ah well. It will be fine, I'm sure. I'm trying to look at the battery of tests in a positive light. Like, an afternoon spent at the hospital? All by myself? Let's just call it some much needed me time! :D

*makes tea for Shea*

Hope you're having a decent weekend so far. Good luck with the popcorn sales. :)

Holy Hell!!!! Seattle Seahawks beat Texas in overtime. Hell yeah! :D

Oh, sorry, don't mind my gloating. :eek: Yes, some tea please, Rolf.

Good afternoon, Nakeds! I think I'm nearly recovered from my vacations.

Thanks guys, for the good thoughts.

I guess if there were some reason for me to get used to blood draws it wouldn't be so bad. But I have small veins that collapse, and it usually takes at least 3 tries to get a good one. Which causes lots of anxiety. Plus, my body has this weird issue (or maybe it's not weird?) where it shuts down during medical procedures. It's like, it's not even the pain, or the fear of pain, it's the anxiety or some flight/fight thing. I faint all the time. Shots, getting blood drawn ... I fainted the first time I put in contact lenses. I fainted during a mammogram. It's embarrassing. And then because I know this, I get even more anxious.

Hence the anxiety and general freaked outedness about having to do it twice in one day. I can only hope that the phlebotomists at the hospital really know their stuff and it will be easy.

Ok, enough of that. I have so much writing I want to do! I have a headache now, because I didn't drink enough water today, I guess. But I'm muddling through.

John, I'm sure everything went great and they will "hire" you!
You're right about having a reason to get used to the blood draws helping you to get over the nerves associated with them. I don't get as freaked out about them as I used to, but I still don't like them and still get queasy during them.

This sounds to me like acute 'nerves' and you have my sympathy.
I get the impression that two separate people will be taking the blood samples, not one. When I had mine done recently, she left the needle in my arm and simply changed the bottle. Two samples, one simple job; fewer nerves!

The recent trend towards confusing words like 'phlebotomists' makes them sound clever and good. Why not call them Vampires ? I do, and they get the joke!

:rose:
The ones that get the joke are the ones to appreciate in my experience. ;)

shea, I'm with HP. Why are there two separate draws? Why can't it be done at the same time and save you some trouble?

I'll have to bookmark that place for the next visit. I had quite a satisfying business trip, a nice visit with cubette and my sister and BIL but now I'm back in overheated SoCal. I started discussing with HM the possibility of a timeshare in Portland so we can spend August and September away from the oven SoCal turns into those months.
Pfft, the place you really need to check out when in Portland is Powell's City of Books. I could happily live there.

Do the players get "Time & a Half" pay for overtime ?

Good Morning all
Personally, I think they should be docked for not getting the job done in regulation. ;) Oh, just hush, john... I was wearing my Seahawks t-shirt yesterday!

Y'all know the saying about things happening in threes? Well, it looks like I've got three parties this month! :eek:

Good morning, anna. I was wondering if you were watching the game. Now I have the lovely image of you in a Seahawks jersey screaming at the tv. :heart:

By party, are you referring to a passion party? Congrats and good luck.

I've finally getting close to wrapping up my New Life chapter. Hopefully you would like a read soon. Right now the party is trying to not get incinerated.

Glad to see you back here. :rose:

Jersey? At their prices? No, it is a simple v-neck t-shirt. You know, the kind they've been selling the last couple of years to try and appeal to female fans. And sadly john, I wasn't watching the game. I was at rehearsal. :)

Yes, three Passion Parties!

Go ahead and send me the chapter whenever you have it ready to go. I'll give it a thorough edit, a beta read, or whatever you think it needs. :)

You're right about having a reason to get used to the blood draws helping you to get over the nerves associated with them. I don't get as freaked out about them as I used to, but I still don't like them and still get queasy during them.

shea, I'm with HP. Why are there two separate draws? Why can't it be done at the same time and save you some trouble?

Hi anna! Good to see you! That's great, about the 3 parties! I wish I could go to one, or host one for you. I have a group of friends who are all over this stuff. They still live in the city, though, and I don't.

The blood draw is for a blood culture. My doctor says they have to draw blood, wait 30 minutes and do it again. I don't know why. I also have to have an echocardiogram and a chest x-ray. I'm doing it all tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying to think of it as an afternoon of alone time. That's not too bad, right? :)

I have so many story ideas and so little time! I need to finish my Halloween story this week so I can submit it with lots of time for reads and votes. It's really my FAWC #1 story that I never finished, with some alterations. And then I have a couple of more story ideas percolating, but November is coming up, and I'm doing NaNo again this year, so ...busy busy! I just need some free time! Ha! ;)

Hi anna! Good to see you! That's great, about the 3 parties! I wish I could go to one, or host one for you. I have a group of friends who are all over this stuff. They still live in the city, though, and I don't.

The blood draw is for a blood culture. My doctor says they have to draw blood, wait 30 minutes and do it again. I don't know why. I also have to have an echocardiogram and a chest x-ray. I'm doing it all tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying to think of it as an afternoon of alone time. That's not too bad, right? :)

I have so many story ideas and so little time! I need to finish my Halloween story this week so I can submit it with lots of time for reads and votes. It's really my FAWC #1 story that I never finished, with some alterations. And then I have a couple of more story ideas percolating, but November is coming up, and I'm doing NaNo again this year, so ...busy busy! I just need some free time! Ha! ;)

It's good to see you too, shea. *hug* I'm sending happy thoughts your way for all the testing. Here's hoping a solution is found soon, and that it's manageable. I like the way you're promoting tomorrow afternoon as "alone time."

I'd love to do a party for you! Maybe we can put the power of the interwebs to good. ;)

Free time... yes, I think I remember that.... I've got a few ideas bubbling, and have actually made progress on the final chapter of Exhibitions! Keep working, anna!!

Q I'm with HP. Why are there two separate draws? Why can't it be done at the same time and save you some trouble?

A The blood draw is for a blood culture. My doctor says they have to draw blood, wait 30 minutes and do it again. I don't know why. I also have to have an echocardiogram and a chest x-ray. I'm doing it all tomorrow afternoon. I'm trying to think of it as an afternoon of alone time. That's not too bad, right? :)

so ...busy busy! I just need some free time! Ha! ;)

They have to culture blood ?
Ah well, the mysteries of medicine have mostly passed me by (that said, I can give a half-decent description of a Linear Accelerator).

Good Luck with the Parties
Good Luck with the bloods.

It's good to see you too, shea. *hug* I'm sending happy thoughts your way for all the testing. Here's hoping a solution is found soon, and that it's manageable. I like the way you're promoting tomorrow afternoon as "alone time."

I'd love to do a party for you! Maybe we can put the power of the interwebs to good. ;)

Free time... yes, I think I remember that.... I've got a few ideas bubbling, and have actually made progress on the final chapter of Exhibitions! Keep working, anna!!

And God said, "Let there be Skype." LOL

Anna, I look forward to the next chapter of Exhibitions. Got any more "Brad" stories waiting in the wings after that?

Rolf, can I get a hot chocolate with a dash of Kahula?

Shea, good luck with tomorrow.

I really need to get some pictures of the Autumn leaves soon.

And God said, "Let there be Skype." LOL

Anna, I look forward to the next chapter of Exhibitions. Got any more "Brad" stories waiting in the wings after that?

1. That's always a possibility. In fact, I have been meaning to look into online parties.
2. He certainly hopes so. ;)

Holy Hell!!!! Seattle Seahawks beat Texas in overtime. Hell yeah! :D

The only "seahawk" I remember is this one [linky]

Incidentally,
According to a Saudi cleric, women should not drive. It damages their insides.
See here.

Almost as good as the ravings of some of the wilder groups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back