Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has been doing a couple of happy dances.

For the last few days we have both been recovering from miscellaneous bugs, and tired.

Today, her football team won. Cue first happy dance.

She received an email from her Australian relations with attachments showing pictures of their common ancestors. Not only are the pictures ones she has never seen, but three of them are the first pictures she has ever seen of those people.

One made her splutter - "That must have been taken before she died in 1899". It took her some time to work out why I was laughing.
 
It's colder than a witch's tit out there . . . no offense meant to the witches out there.;)
 
Well, if it gets too hot, we've plenty of wind & rain at reasonable temperatures.
:)
 
The temperature went up 50 degrees in the last 24 hours from 2 to 52, and now it is really foggy out from all of the snow melting in the light rain.

ADDED:

Just after posting the rain switched to coming down in buckets...
 
We got lots of rain, too, although I think it's stopped now. OTOH, I think it's pretty windy out, and it wasn't like it ever got too warm.
 
Ain't you guys got the fun, huh?
Meanwhile, we've been battered by enormous waves, blown in some very stormy gales (or worse) of half-drowned by more rain.

Will someone remind me what global warming is about ?
 
Ain't you guys got the fun, huh?
Meanwhile, we've been battered by enormous waves, blown in some very stormy gales (or worse) of half-drowned by more rain.

Will someone remind me what global warming is about ?

Global warming is about climate change. 'Global warming' is the cause (according to some). The local effect is to change the weather pattern and normal climate. A country could get colder or hotter as an effect of the changes to the whole planet's climate patterns.

The UK, for example, is currently being affected by changes in the route of the jet stream in the air above the North Atlantic, bringing storms that would normally pass well to the North of Scotland down to the South and West of England and Ireland.

Whether that change in the jet stream's route has been caused by 'global warming'? I don't know.

What would affect the UK far more is a change in the route of the Gulf Stream, or the Gulf Stream stopping completely. That would make the UK and Ireland's weather far more like Newfoundland. Brrr!
 
Had a small row with my mom this weekend, or rather my husband did. I talked to her today and she seemed mostly okay. I called her a while ago about something else, and she hasn't returned the call. I can think of many innocuous reasons why, but I'm a little worried. Hmmmm.
 
2 degrees on Sunday morning.

52 degrees yesterday morning.

2 degrees this morning.

That's a 100 degree swing in 48 hours. It's also only 62 degrees in my office. Impressive...
 
At 7:30am, it was 1F, windchill -21F, according to the weather app. We have decided to drive the kids to school. I had intended to go out and grab a couple of things for PennBoy's birthday tomorrow, but now I think I'll wait until tomorrow morning.
 
Yesterday when I got to the office the space heater that I am using was turned on halfway and it was 62 degrees in here, so I turned it fully on and it got up to 66 degrees in the office.

Last night I left it on full, so that when I got to the office this morning it was... 62 degrees again... *sigh*
 
Erm. . . is there some trick for seeing the pictures?
Or has my anti-spam&porn thing run amok ?

You have to sign in, and enable mature content, or click on the barred image, and enable mature content for each one.
 
Winter is slowly approaching Denmark.

Next week there'll be temperatures below zero and heavy wind. :eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top