linking stories

sixpe

Virgin
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Posts
9
I am currently writing a new story based on a previously written story. Is there any way, within the story, that I can provide a link to the previous story so that anyone viewing the new one can access the old one easily, without having to go to the alphabetical story list or search engine?
 
I am currently writing a new story based on a previously written story. Is there any way, within the story, that I can provide a link to the previous story so that anyone viewing the new one can access the old one easily, without having to go to the alphabetical story list or search engine?

A direct link, no. You can reference the old one in an "intro header" before it starts, but that involves the reader being savvy enough to go to your profile to scan the list of stories. Alternatively you can make the new one a "second in a series", in which case the reader would have to know to go to the story's last page to find the 'also in this series' box to find the link to it.
 
Name the stories in alphanumeric sequence. Let's say you wrote a standalone story DUCK-FUCKERS UNITE that got rave reviews or whatever. The followup could be DUCK-FUCKERS UNITE 02 or it could be DUCK-FUCKERS UNITE: QUACKED UP followed by DUCK-FUCKERS UNITE: WHATTA QUACK. If you then post DUCK-FUCKERS UNITE: A FAT QUACK it'll become the second in the series. The LIT posting warez will automagically group those in the DUCK-FUCKERS UNITE series and will insert an Also In This Series link.
 
Back
Top