The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Thanks for the kind thoughts. No chocolate, but... he had expensive tastes in footwear, and it turns out we had the same size feet, so his mother told me to take a couple of pairs to remember him by. I'll wear them sometimes and think of him :) Most of the clothes went to a refugee charity, so they'll be doing somebody good, and he would've approved.

This is great. I say, anytime you can say that something will remind you of the one you lost too soon, or that something you’re doing would elicit their approval, do it. It probably is eliciting their approval.

I watched my grandpa suddenly die from lung cancer recently. He was 92, he quit smoking a few decades back, he had been doing yard work less than a month ago. We didn't know until it was too late. In a way it's a blessing that it happened quickly, but it was still awful. My grandma has had cancer multiple times, she currently has the kind that won't go away but it's being treated and we've managed to get her to pretty healthy. But I've seen a horrible way to die and I'm terrified.

I’m sorry, Snugbug. Grandparents are special. :heart:

I watched my grandpa suddenly die from lung cancer recently. He was 92, he quit smoking a few decades back, he had been doing yard work less than a month ago. We didn't know until it was too late. In a way it's a blessing that it happened quickly, but it was still awful. My grandma has had cancer multiple times, she currently has the kind that won't go away but it's being treated and we've managed to get her to pretty healthy. But I've seen a horrible way to die and I'm terrified.

(((hug)))

Christmas tree is up and we got a beautiful ornament from our son. A picture from his wedding with FIL.

Tears were quick but I had a glimmer of happiness. We have a great family well built and stable.

While there is still a huge sorrow in our life there is a great hope if we look to the future and not into the past.

Hugs and prayers for you both! We all make this loss journey differently but for me, I work at remembering the joy of having my loved one in my life and that has given me some genuine peace and has helped the healing.
b2959a2a9d613a269a9e7650736ea5db.jpg

Snugbug;

Always look to the future not the past. hugs

Just lost an acquaintance and a good friend to cancer. Two lovely souls gone.

Fuck, cancer.

Really don't enjoy the short days. Thankful the weather has been mild we can get outside and talk.
Still struggling with the weird family dynamics getting the canned happy Christmas cards without a note about the loss. Really you can't just write sorry to hear about your loss.

I am a huge supporter of getting colonoscopies and other cancer screening test, but I have to admit that I always get just a little apprehensive when my own are due. I have been cancer free for 10 years and multiple colonoscopies but it still makes me nervous. Thanks, i just needed to whine for a second and that is understood here like no where else!! FUCK YOU CANCER!

Really don't enjoy the short days. Thankful the weather has been mild we can get outside and talk.
Still struggling with the weird family dynamics getting the canned happy Christmas cards without a note about the loss. Really you can't just write sorry to hear about your loss.

People get so weird about our losses, like a simple condolence will start our grieving all over again, when all it really does, is acknowledge our loss and their concern for us! I'm sorry for your loss but I am happy you had the joy of a shared life!!! *Big Hug* FYC

"I recommend you make it a good Christmas" just in case.
Fuck you.
It was going to be a good Christmas anyway, but now everything will be tainted with those words, everything will have a hint of "This could be the last time we... "
We all know the prognosis and what the outcome will be, that didn't need to be said.

This is a thread I'm really sad to see is so busy.
*hugs to those who need them*

"I recommend you make it a good Christmas" just in case.
Fuck you.
It was going to be a good Christmas anyway, but now everything will be tainted with those words, everything will have a hint of "This could be the last time we... "
We all know the prognosis and what the outcome will be, that didn't need to be said.

This is a thread I'm really sad to see is so busy.
*hugs to those who need them*

cancer or no, it could always be "the last time we..."

treasure every day, every moment. we can take/should take nothing for granted. :rose:

One of my school friends is dying. I knew he lived nearby, I always planned to look him up "one of these days" but never quite made the time, and then by the time I found out he was sick he wasn't up to receiving visitors. At least I've been able to email.

One of my school friends is dying. I knew he lived nearby, I always planned to look him up "one of these days" but never quite made the time, and then by the time I found out he was sick he wasn't up to receiving visitors. At least I've been able to email.

If you have the time in the next week go see him. Share the good times from your youth.

The number of people I have lost to cancer... It's like there is no other way to die.

My best friend from high school had skin cancer, hid it from everyone not part of his daily life. He beat cancer but passed earlier this year as a result of the complications of the follow-on treatment. First I knew that he was sick, his son pasted that he'd passed.

I'd been home just before, less than a month. But I was in a hurry to hit the road, so rather than extend my stay a few hours or even a day, I distinctly said to myself, "I'll see him at Christmas."

Well, I won't.

I am a huge supporter of getting colonoscopies and other cancer screening test, but I have to admit that I always get just a little apprehensive when my own are due. I have been cancer free for 10 years and multiple colonoscopies but it still makes me nervous. Thanks, i just needed to whine for a second and that is understood here like no where else!! FUCK YOU CANCER!

Same here, to be honest. Soon I will be (presumably) 4 years cancer-free and will be getting my next annual colocoscopy in January. Usually the procedure itself is the best nap I get all that week, but the prep sucketh big time. Apparently I have veru sticky shit so I have to do z triple prep to get clean enough to get my picture taken.

Same here, to be honest. Soon I will be (presumably) 4 years cancer-free and will be getting my next annual colocoscopy in January. Usually the procedure itself is the best nap I get all that week, but the prep sucketh big time. Apparently I have veru sticky shit so I have to do z triple prep to get clean enough to get my picture taken.

Congratulations on 4 years!!! My results just came in and another good one! So 5 years before next colonoscopy! :D

The number of people I have lost to cancer... It's like there is no other way to die.

My best friend from high school had skin cancer, hid it from everyone not part of his daily life. He beat cancer but passed earlier this year as a result of the complications of the follow-on treatment. First I knew that he was sick, his son pasted that he'd passed.

I'd been home just before, less than a month. But I was in a hurry to hit the road, so rather than extend my stay a few hours or even a day, I distinctly said to myself, "I'll see him at Christmas."

Well, I won't.

There is absolutely nothing fair about this fffffing disease and the way it steals the lovely people from our lives. I hate it! FUCK YOU CANCER!

Well, I won't.

oh Liam. i'm so sorry for your loss. for not getting to say goodbye. for regrets.
lynzee

Cancer Can Suck My Left ***! That Being Said to all those out here in remission along with my mom I am so happy for you. Please please keep your getting checkups. Those of you who are still FIGHTING CANCER as my 5 year old niece is with her perfectly shiney head that she is very proud of because no one else her class has a cool hair do. Gotta love her out look.

Keep fighting the good fight every day.

Cancer has not been kind to my family. I have stop counting and dread when the phone rings. Merry Christmas to All.

I know it makes you nervous and I also have faith that you will push through anyway and have this life-saving test...Sending you hugs and an extra measure of strength for your test day.

Back