How to choose cock-sleeve

cathy4

Virgin
Joined
Jan 28, 2018
Posts
7
I want to buy my husband a cock-sleeve for orgasm control. He is average length, but wide. I searched a little bit and found cock-sleeves of various widths, but not his size exactly. Most of them are only 2/3 of his diameter, although the advertisement says that they are very stretchable.
If someone has experience with cock-sleeves, I need advice how to choose appropriate one. Are they supposed to be narrower?
 
Since no one has chimed in ...

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but first lets confirm your measurement. Canal (inner) diameter is advertised. It's difficult to measure diameter without a caliper but easy to measure circumference with a sewing tape. so lets work backwards from circumference. Taking a look around the web, the average erect circumference is about 4.6 inches around depending on the web site. That's 1.46" diameter.

Looking at a few sheaths on the web, I see 1" to 1.5" ID, without spending too much time searching. Based on your 2/3 factor a 1.5" canal diameter needs to stretch to 2.2" diameter (5.5" circumference) for your larger than average man. Does that math sound right?

This one is under $20, seems to review well, and stretches to 3 times its size.
https://www.lovehoney.com/product.cfm?p=36373

As a dabbler in orgasm denial, I enjoyed doing a little research. It seems like simply using multiple condoms is the most common trick.

https://chastitymansion.com/forums/index.php?threads/best-cock-sheath.25370/
https://enforcedchastity.wordpress.com/2011/11/15/sex-toy-review/
https://denyingthumper.com/2013/10/27/belles-big-blue-boyfriend/
https://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/31gq2u/review_and_discussion_i_went_deep_into_the_world/
https://www.penetric.com/best-penis-extension-sleeve/

Have fun.
 
Last edited:
Well, I don't have experience with that as such. I'm wide myself. I have found with related things I've worn on my erection- condoms, a ring, Hot G vibes, a masturbation device... that fit is rather critical. Too loose and it slides off, perhaps inside, too tight and it cuts circulation, which feels uncomfortable and gets more annoying with every minute, until it breaks or I quit.

So I second the advice on pplwatching's first link-

"It takes a lot of experiments to find the right extension. Just grab a bunch of cheap ones on Amazon, see what they are like, then try more that are like the ones that worked. Eventually, you will find something that does exactly what you want it to do."

Good Luck!
 
"It takes a lot of experiments to find the right extension. Just grab a bunch of cheap ones on Amazon, see what they are like, then try more that are like the ones that worked. Eventually, you will find something that does exactly what you want it to do."

That post linked to another post with an interesting point :

When you are fucking you need to concentrate to stay hard without any sensation in your dick. This can take some time to learn.

I visited a urologist last year. He had a pamphlet for a medical grade numbing cream on his literature table. I asked if it worked the way you see in the commercials. He said the problem (aside from transferring it to your partner during sex) is that we need at least some stimulation to stay erect. The brain is the biggest sex organ as they say, but if you can't feel anything in your dick you will lose your erection no matter how horny you are.
 
Thank you all for your answers.

I am from Europe so I will write both centimeters and inches. He is 14 cm (5.5 inches) wide (both at the bottom and below head) measured sewing tape. That means that his diameter is 4.45 cm (1.75 inches). I would not consider that very wide. My previous boyfriends had narrower, but not that much. As I said, he is average length or maybe little below.

I wanted to buy cock-sleeve from one of local stores so that we can check it out and the widest they have is 3 cm (1.2 inches) in diameter except one that is too big (4.8 cm or 1.9 inches).

You also made me wonder about orgasm control (2 condoms), because we are middle-aged and he is starting to have problems with erections with most condoms. I read on above links (thank you for them) that some of extensions can help erection, but I hope that then they will not make too much sensation.

We probably should by a couple of cheaper ones to see how all this will work.
 
He is 14 cm (5.5 inches) around (both at the bottom and below head) measured sewing tape. That means that his diameter is 4.45 cm (1.75 inches). I would not consider that very wide.

"Very wide" is in the eye of the beholder :D. I don't consider myself very big compared to porn, but the women that I dated before I got married (including my wife) all had trouble with my girth even with a lot of foreplay and lube. Thankfully, having babies made us fit better :)

You also made me wonder about orgasm control (2 condoms), because we are middle-aged and he is starting to have problems with erections with most condoms. I read on above links (thank you for them) that some of extensions can help erection, but I hope that then they will not make too much sensation.

We used condoms for birth control before my wife had her hysterectomy. I would sometimes lose my erection when we would stop to put them on. I think that was mostly because stopping had become kind of annoying after so many years together. I suppose if we had made putting them on more sexy it might have been different. I can think of ways :D

As I got a little older and without condoms I started having trouble with erections, among other things. I've written about some of the things I've tried, including Viagra and natural remedies in Simon's great thread. Simon also loves using cock rings to keep himself hard. I've used a few and like how they feel, but the rubber ones I have can pinch and catch hair. That's counter-productive for keeping an erection up and going. :(

But the biggest thing that I've done to get my erections back is diet, getting more exercise, and getting treatment for low testosterone. If he's like most of us, there isn't enough time in the day and exercise ends up as the lowest priority.

I've lurked around orgasm denial web sites for long enough to know there lots of different ways to play with orgasm control. Maybe it would help you to mix things up a little. Instead of making sure he doesn't get any pleasure at all from fucking you, maybe let him experience the frustration of getting some pleasure to keep things hard but having to stop without having an orgasm. If you can tell when he's getting close, you can have him switch to oral or a toy. I've also seen a couple videos of guys wearing strapons while keeping their dicks tucked out of the way.

Good luck, and have fun! I'm envious :devil:
 
"Very wide" is in the eye of the beholder :D. I don't consider myself very big compared to porn, but the women that I dated before I got married (including my wife) all had trouble with my girth even with a lot of foreplay and lube. Thankfully, having babies made us fit better :)

Why did you mention babies? I actually had all mine with cesarean section and he has told me a couple of times that I am wide! Since you earlier commented that his girth is also above average, this means that I really am wide. :(

But the biggest thing that I've done to get my erections back is diet, getting more exercise, and getting treatment for low testosterone. If he's like most of us, there isn't enough time in the day and exercise ends up as the lowest priority.

Oh, yes, I just recently red to him about erection, diet and exercise. He was not thrilled. But since we are playing on and off with BDSM for years and are just redefining our D/s relationship, there is a chance for more healthy lifestyle. :devil:

I've lurked around orgasm denial web sites for long enough to know there lots of different ways to play with orgasm control.

Definitely. We usually do it differently, but I sometimes want a feeling of having good old sex with him. And it is tough for him to control himself after I have an orgasm.

Thanks for new links!
 
Why did you mention babies? I actually had all mine with cesarean section and he has told me a couple of times that I am wide! Since you earlier commented that his girth is also above average, this means that I really am wide. :(

My goodness, that escalated quickly. ;) What possessed him to even say that? Did his mom drop him on his head as a baby? Or did you ask one of those "does this make my butt look fat?" kind of questions and trick him? :eek: I have no doubt that you're perfect as you are.

Oh, yes, I just recently red to him about erection, diet and exercise. He was not thrilled. But since we are playing on and off with BDSM for years and are just redefining our D/s relationship, there is a chance for more healthy lifestyle. :devil:

He should want to do it for himself, but also for you too since your lives are affected by each other's health. It's also easier to diet and exercise if you're both in it together. Turning it into a sexual game could be fun extra motivation but I don't think it would be enough to make me stick with it all by itself. Unless you're *really* good :devil:.

Definitely. We usually do it differently, but I sometimes want a feeling of having good old sex with him. And it is tough for him to control himself after I have an orgasm.

Thanks for new links!

Oh, man do I know that feeling. Watching and listening to my wife cum is so sexy and exciting that it's definitely a trigger, but I've also noticed that she doesn't stay as lubricated after an orgasm. If we're going to keep going I need a little dab of lube or I'm done for. We've been using coconut oil lately, which works and feels great and doesn't take so long as to spoil the mood like putting on a condom at that point would. Or he just needs some motivation to stop, unless you want another one :).

You're welcome. Lots of great information around here.
 
Last edited:
I've given up on men in this regard

Sounds absurd, but after so many men have failed to please me sexually, I've reverted to relying on a healthy dose of just cunnilingus and some form of vibrator play.

If a guy is willing to just give and receive oral sex, and let me get pleasured with a sex toy, he's good in my book (for the most part).
 
Back
Top